The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past - Deluxe

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past - Deluxe Empty The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past - Deluxe

JUD6MENT's MSU-1 Deluxe PCM set preview on Youtube (video by JUD6MENT)

Puzzledude's MSU-1 Deluxe PCM set preview on Youtube (video by DarkLink)

Puzzledude and Conn present... with PCM tracks by Relikk, JUD6MENT, qwertymodo, K4yr4h, PittStone and Zerethn...
Zelda A Link to the Past MSU Deluxe.

A revolutionary new experience of playing the old classic game with even more sophisticated CD-quality music with over 100 new tracks.

This pack differs from a regular MSU pack, since until now MSU was basically replacing the old SPC tracks with new tracks, having 35 replacements, such that the rom was SPC compatible, but the new complex ASM in Deluxe allows for additional tracks to be added for specific entrances and areas.

Enjoy this fine release of ALttP with classic tracks from across Zelda universe and also with brand new tracks.

Patch Download, with the forest glitch fix:

Updated ALttP MSU-1 Deluxe code having the forest miniglitch fixed:

(the fix changes only 4 bytes, but this indeed is the debug, since the forest music was falsely scrolling out of forest in mode-2 of the game= collecting pendants, if you exited entrances 2C= forest stomp entrance and 3C= forest minigame entrance)

ALttP-msu-Deluxe-(fix).ups (original ALttP)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/bxNRRRTQ#Jd-vi7K3k9o1pV-GFQoYhGppO-rFOfEpao9wlyE6b8s

Mirror: https://mega.nz/file/VCkRWA4K#DplLSTtUM0yvrIPj4qTPTqRKj347iUT-VFRMurPgGXQ

ALttP-Redux-msu-Deluxe-(fix).ups (ALttP Redux version)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/Wk0iFLLK#J630thwhhopXRHswnj7kYIbghJy4pk5HNNnqZ8qQZH0

Mirror: https://mega.nz/file/ELcwhRxJ#D1DZsx251FKeVno5J2Al9aJDQ6RHm5XCebvhHeSBjv4

ALttP-Deluxe - Spanish translation + MSU1 support by zephyrot
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/JmZmgSgB#0GmzODa0YhEsS0ndgAjvhTLw7XaEuepQDnLyVKya8TQ

PCM Sets:

Puzzledude's ALttP msu Deluxe
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/FjQW3LIC#oSU-6UwRptr5FIeedTdILORqxLqy9cSsGV-mP2lrcVM
YouTube Preview (click here)
Mirror:
Code:
Part 1:
https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZa1JFZyRDQE7fCWsBac4HsyDMdTkT6VQa7
Part 2:
https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZv1JFZUFh5MG45mR4jSghqAAuTJLBp1PMX
Part 3:
https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZc1JFZmCUUCxTuWFVuoMGYUtPWcYbL8v07

JUD6MENT's Zelda Deluxe Orchestral PCM Set:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/tyx0UKAa#54Na4TmMMhQT9FjSnqNdRKBrBczokeox7EI4qn87vfw
YouTube Preview (click here)
Mirror:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/86d0j1yfa4n4ddv/JUD6MENT_Presents_Zelda_Deluxe_Orchestral_PCM_Set.zip/file

Instructions and Notes:

1.) Download a pcm set of your choice. Cut and Paste all PCM files from folder 2 to 1 and also from 3 to 1, so that all 114 PCM files are in the primary folder. All file names are already correct.

2.) Now comes the patching. Get the original ALttP US rom with no header, with 1.024 KB.
Get the Tsukuyomi UPS Patcher here:
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/

Under original rom, select ALttP US.smc
Under patch, select ALttP-msu-Deluxe.ups

3.) Rename the smc patched rom to:
ALttP-msu-Deluxe.smc
to match the other file names

4.) Remove the ALttP-msu-Deluxe.ups from your msu directory or rename it, otherwise the msu will not work

5.) That's it. Run the ALttP-msu-Deluxe.smc from the folder, which also contains all the other MSU files, in an emulator with MSU support. Recommended is the snes9x MSU emulator.

6.) Note that you can not play this game with no MSU, since you will hear the false songs.
If you want to play ALttP with no MSU, you need to use the original game, which is a separate rom file.

CRC-32 checksums:
original rom (.smc)= 777AAC2F
patch itself (.ups)= 2144DF1C
correctly patched rom (.smc)= 8469301A

Additional MSU Deluxe forest mini-glitch fix (which you can do in hex):
01044C: F0 19 --> EA EA
010450: F0 15 --> EA EA

This fixes the scrolling of forest music out of forest after exiting entrances 3C (forest minigame), and 2C (forest small cave), but only before pulling the master sword. In other states/events of the game it is fine by default. The false scrolling (if no fix) is otherwise reset automatically once you reach any area which does not have OW music or uppon exiting any other entrance.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sat 23 Jul 2022 - 15:26; edited 17 times in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past - Deluxe Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past - Deluxe :: Comments

JUD6MENT

Post Sat 4 Dec 2021 - 0:13 by JUD6MENT

Holy smokes! 114 tracks! I am actually insanely excited. Congrats on the release and thank you Conn and Puzzledude.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sat 4 Dec 2021 - 1:59 by JUD6MENT

Ok, I had trouble trying to figure out why I could not get this to work and I finally got it. Just in case anyone reading this is having trouble, you need to remove the .ups file out of your folder. Folder should have only your rom, .msu file, and PCM files. Unlike our other standard patches that you can leave the patch file in the folder, you can not do that with .ups files. Anyway, excited to start playing!

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sat 4 Dec 2021 - 5:14 by Puzzledude

JUD6MENT wrote:Ok, I had trouble trying to figure out why I could not get this to work and I finally got it. Just in case anyone reading this is having trouble, you need to remove the .ups file out of your folder. Folder should have only your rom, .msu file, and PCM files. Unlike our other standard patches that you can leave the patch file in the folder, you can not do that with .ups files. Anyway, excited to start playing!
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. The ups file needs to be moved out of the folder, so that it is replaced by the actual rom file. Or of course the ups can be renamed as well, since if it has the same name, the emulator might consider that you want to softpatch. But you should always hardpatch, so that you actually have the file.
Regarding the 114 tracks. Around 104 of those are actually playing, some had to be doubled, since songs like Pyramid are loaded with ASM, so from the 1-35 region, but the entrance is using the same song, which is loading from 36-114 region, so doubling it is a fast and easy solution. Some other are doubled, so I could still consider changes like play a different tune in Zora, which was then replaced by the main theme song due to the loud waterfall background sound. So I didn't actually go and change the map/code, but solved this with PCM edits only.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sat 4 Dec 2021 - 5:28 by Puzzledude

Menwhile phonymike made a coverart.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past - Deluxe Legend10

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 4 Dec 2021 - 10:43 by Conn

Can somebody make a video and Post it in first post? A stream usually tells more than 1000 words

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 4 Dec 2021 - 21:58 by Darklink7884

Conn wrote:Can somebody make a video and Post it in first post? A stream usually tells more than 1000 words

I'll have a video ready for you guys within' the next two or three days.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sun 5 Dec 2021 - 5:24 by Puzzledude

Darklink7884 wrote:
Conn wrote:Can somebody make a video and Post it in first post? A stream usually tells more than 1000 words

I'll have a video ready for you guys within' the next two or three days.
Great. When you do and I have the link, I'll embed it into the first post.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 5 Dec 2021 - 11:24 by GeneralMorden

Hello,

is it possible to combine this patch with the redux patch?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 5 Dec 2021 - 12:40 by Conn

Just tried it a bit, excellent selection Puzz. I also had problems with it running since I didn't remove the ups. Then I read J's message Embarassed
I added point 4 in the first post to remove the ups.

The patch should be compatible with every other patch or version that doesn't have another msu patch pre-applied (e.g., all-in won't work, Parallel Worlds I think also has msu pre-applied)...
However I do not know how strict UPS is. For example, IPS would work with every other hack, BPS not.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sun 5 Dec 2021 - 14:17 by Puzzledude

That is untested, this is why I provided the .ups, so you can not patch it to other roms, since they might have the regions which the code is written to, already filled with some other code.
It can be made compatible though, but I would have to make a specific .ups patch which would contain the redux+ msu deluxe changes to the rom, see if it all works, test it and release that patch - to patch to the original game again. And I did not plan doing all this additional work. The goal was to make it for the original game.

However I do not know how strict UPS is. For example, IPS would work with every other hack, BPS not.
The ups will not allow you to apply the patch to untested roms, since this would produce bugged roms. I would have to verify this first and then release an ups which would contain the redux+ msu deluxe changes, to be applyed to the original rom again.

Of course players can still patch the original with the ups. Once they would have both roms, they could make an ips out of it and apply it to the redux version, but I deliberately released an ups, so they can not patch it to untested roms. We don't know exactly what the redux does. I would have to verify such a rom. I was not planing to do a redux+ msu deluxe rom.

Just tried it a bit, excellent selection Puzz. I also had problems with it running since I didn't remove the ups. Then I read J's message
I added point 4 in the first post to remove the ups.
Great. I never thought to remove the .ups, since I never had it in the folder. I only had the rom. So I never noticed.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sun 5 Dec 2021 - 15:26 by JUD6MENT

I agree with Conn, it is good music selection and a fun way to replay the game. I am also glad i was not the only one with trouble with .ups removal, it would be good yo add that step. Thanks for your work on this Conn and Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 5 Dec 2021 - 17:29 by Conn

That is untested, this is why I provided the .ups, so you can not patch it to other roms, since they might have the regions which the code is written to, already filled with some other code.
It can be made compatible though, but I would have to make a specific .ups patch which would contain the redux+ msu deluxe changes to the rom, see if it all works, test it and release that patch - to patch to the original game again. And I did not plan doing all this additional work. The goal was to make it for the original game.
On a second thought, the msu part isn't much the problem, neither the indoors part. Headache will give the overworld music change where it is combined with the custom overworld music hack.
In the end I am content with e.g., the all-in has video/those 34 native tracks in "normal" msu so I don't think I invest more time into it trying to make compatible with all other hacks floating around. Also this hack is so complex with all the tables to change that except Puzz or me, nobody is able to adapt the code without a tutorial of us. What I am saying, I personally won't spend time for a compatibility to all other hacks, unless somebody is running a project and awants it adapted for it.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Mon 6 Dec 2021 - 14:34 by Puzzledude

Conn wrote:On a second thought, the msu part isn't much the problem, neither the indoors part. Headache will give the overworld music change where it is combined with the custom overworld music hack.
In the end I am content with e.g., the all-in has video/those 34 native tracks in "normal" msu so I don't think I invest more time into it trying to make compatible with all other hacks floating around. Also this hack is so complex with all the tables to change that except Puzz or me, nobody is able to adapt the code without a tutorial of us. What I am saying, I personally won't spend time for a compatibility to all other hacks, unless somebody is running a project and wants it adapted for it.
I found a way to implement the Deluxe on all-in and redux etc. I just needed to decode all three MSU patches in hex, which is Short version, Normal version and Deluxe. Once this was decoded, I named the files On, the reverse was then called Off.

So for instance Redux has the Normal MSU inserted. So what I need to do now is to insert the Normal Off hex changes, and then Deluxe On hex changes and if this is done manually I can immediately see, if something is wrong during the process or if everything is fine. I can then do the same for any ALttP compatible hack, like all-in, Redux, pretty Redux, etc and then make the .ups patch to be patched to original accordingly.

But of course this is not valid for other (major) hacks, which change the OW structure and the entrances, like A Link to the islands. For hacks the OW tables and entrance tables need to be adopted - a different adopt for each separate hack. And that's up to the authors of the hack to do, if they want this feature.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Mon 6 Dec 2021 - 14:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Mon 6 Dec 2021 - 14:39 by Puzzledude

Headache will give the overworld music change where it is combined with the custom overworld music hack.
Yes, this was quite challenging to do, but I made it (for ALttP). The SPC table needs to be difference-induced between MSU table and SPC table. And not only that: for the dark world it needs to be difference induced between MSU table and SPC table + at the same time difference induced between light world SPC table and dark world SPC table.

Once this is done, you then also need to copy paste its parts to 4 event tables. So you really need to know how it's done. Main problem is that in SPC you only have 5 valid byte values, while on MSU you have as many as you want.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Thu 9 Dec 2021 - 15:25 by Puzzledude

GeneralMorden wrote:Hello,

There you go:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2403-a-link-to-the-past-redux-with-msu-deluxe

Also note, this was not easy to do, since you can Not just apply the regular Deluxe patch to Redux rom. I had to revert the regular MSU on Redux rom, which had a lot of hooks and then implement the Deluxe and also fix the digging (since Ocarina and Shovel are now separate in menu), adopt a heart piece which you can no longer get from digging game, beta test if everything works etc. Has to be a separate .ups patch for this and now it is.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 10 Dec 2021 - 11:59 by GeneralMorden

Thanks for your hard work!!

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 10 Dec 2021 - 12:44 by Puzzledude

GeneralMorden wrote:Thanks for your hard work!!
You're welcome. It's quite interesting to play the Deluxe MSU on the Redux hack. Basically what you need in applying this MSU is a hex txt file which turns all three MSUs on and off (short, regular and deluxe). I needed to achieve this first. Once the regular MSU was turned off, the Deluxe could be implemented. I also needed to fix the side effects of shovel and ocarina being separated.

But it's all done now and players can enjoy this as well. I mainly decided to do this, since I know how popular Redux is: has a lot of downloads and reviews on RHDN, more than other hacks, which have a lot more changes to the game.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 17 Dec 2021 - 7:34 by Conn

I made new download links for the pcm set.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 17 Dec 2021 - 9:37 by Puzzledude

Conn wrote:I made new download links for the pcm set.
Nice, I corrected the order, since it was 2, 3, 1 and now it is actually part 1, 2, 3. And the new host I found to work was the Mediafire, where indeed the download works now (and I could upload the entire thing in one file). But I think we should keep all shortcuts on (they all work now), and in case something is canceled again, the other one will still work.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 17 Dec 2021 - 10:20 by Conn

Oh sorry mistake was on my side. I tried the download on mediafire and it said "creating new dl link" and I thought it was broken too - therefore I removed it and thought the files were still down. Sorry, luckily you could restore your mediafire link again.
Now we have a double backup, so the better Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 24 Dec 2021 - 16:31 by Puzzledude

Conn wrote:Oh sorry mistake was on my side. I tried the download on mediafire and it said "creating new dl link" and I thought it was broken too - therefore I removed it and thought the files were still down. Sorry, luckily you could restore your mediafire link again.
Now we have a double backup, so the better Very Happy
Great. Also, as promissed Dark Link made a full playthrough of the Deluxe using the ALttP Redux game. Added the Youtube embed to the first post. Really looks fine.

Back to top Go down

ABOhiccups

Post Fri 24 Dec 2021 - 20:02 by ABOhiccups

How come there's no FMV Cutscene? Any chance for FMV Cutscene be added in Deluxe Pack?

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 24 Dec 2021 - 20:47 by Puzzledude

Deluxe is based on so called Short MSU patch (since regular one has so many hooks) as Conn did the coding on this one and Deluxe is thus missing 2 components, the short victory fanfare MSU (gain pendant/crystal), which remains SPC, and also the video cutscene. This cutscene can not be added, since track 35 was used for Zelda's cell starting point audio debug (regular MSU does not have these additional problems with loading correct audio on starting SRMs). But you need track 35 for audio of the video. So the Deluxe is made in such a way, that it will not allow these 2 features to be added, even if you would want to.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sun 10 Apr 2022 - 5:03 by JUD6MENT

Ok, I'm finally done with my version of Zelda Deluxe MSU-1. This is a lot of songs and it took me a really really long time. Every song is from a Zelda franchise and I spent a good amount of time finding fantastic remixes for them all.

Visit the YouTube channel to see time stamps to each dungeon and area of Hyrule.

JUD6MENT's Zelda Orchestral PCM Set:
https://mega.nz/file/tyx0UKAa#54Na4TmMMhQT9FjSnqNdRKBrBczokeox7EI4qn87vfw

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next