How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars

Go down

How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars Empty How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars

Post by Neito Thu 12 May 2022 - 5:31

I want to make a MSU MD patch for this game but I don't know how do it?
I also want to make it compatible with the "Refill after Death" and SRAM+ Proto Man Size FIX and add one extra music track being the title screen music from Mega Man Powered Up.
Can anyone help?

Neito
Rope
Rope

Since : 2022-05-10

Back to top Go down

How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars Empty Re: How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars

Post by Cubear Fri 13 May 2022 - 1:56

Not to discourage you, in fact I would love if you felt encouraged, but how much do you know about debugging, 68000 assembly language, computer programming in general?

If you don't have some history with any of this it could be extremely difficult to even get started on this project, let alone see it through to completion.
Cubear
Cubear

How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars Empty Re: How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars

Post by Retroplay Fri 13 May 2022 - 10:56

ArcadeTV did an MSU-MD version of this (not released to public).
Problem is the audio tracks, there's 83 (!) of them that needs to be dealt with.
I'm no expert on Rockman/Megaman, far from it, so I'm out as far as audio pack is concerned.

I could post a link to the patch, but I would rather not unless he's okay with it taking into account what happened a while back.
Retroplay
Retroplay

How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars Image110

Since : 2019-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Neito Sat 14 May 2022 - 10:32

Cubear wrote:Not to discourage you, in fact I would love if you felt encouraged, but how much do you know about debugging, 68000 assembly language, computer programming in general?

If you don't have some history with any of this it could be extremely difficult to even get started on this project, let alone see it through to completion.
I don't know much

Forget the weapon refill patch, I want to use it with the improved protoman sprites but that patch is not compatible with the japanese release

Retroplay wrote:ArcadeTV did an MSU-MD version of this (not released to public).
Problem is the audio tracks, there's 83 (!) of them that needs to be dealt with.
I'm no expert on Rockman/Megaman, far from it, so I'm out as far as audio pack is concerned.

I could post a link to the patch, but I would rather not unless he's okay with it taking into account what happened a while back.
Does it work with the japanese version.

Could you ask him then. There are remixes out there I could take care of that.

Neito
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Retroplay Sat 14 May 2022 - 12:43

Neito wrote:Does it work with the japanese version.
It's for the Euro version, it includes MottZilla's SRAM patch and regions set to JUE.
Neito wrote:Could you ask him then
He's a member here, I guess he will reply here, when or if, he reads this.
Until then, I'm not bugging him about it, there's a reason he pulled all his work from Github and I have to respect that.
Retroplay
Retroplay

How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars Image110

Since : 2019-08-21

Back to top Go down

How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars Empty Can someone show me how to add MSU MD support to a game

Post by Neito Fri 20 May 2022 - 12:29

I want to add MSU MD driver implementation to a game but I've never done it before.
Can someone show me how?

Neito
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sat 21 May 2022 - 12:19

well, here's the driver's information.
https://github.com/krikzz/msu-md

you'll have to debug the rom (look through its code) until you can determine where and how the track loading / signals work to the default megadrive/genesis chips.

then you write your own code replacement/edit that takes the information the console is using to call music and reroute it to the MSU MD, and also send correct enough information to the console's normal sound chips such as that the music does not play, but the game does not glitch or crash.

That's pretty much the whole process. I don't know anything about coding for the 68000 so I can't give you anything more specific than this.

you can try reading at these links for more information as to how the genesis processes sound:
https://www.chibiakumas.com/68000/platform2.php#LessonP20

https://www.chibiakumas.com/68000/platform3.php#LessonP21

I hope this helps you.
Cubear
Cubear

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Neito Mon 23 May 2022 - 15:32

I just found something! Source for MSU MD Mega Man, but I dont know what to do with it.
https://github.com/CaveraBR/msu-md-megaman-ww

A MSU MD patch for Mega Man: The Wily Wars

I want to know why ArcadeTV pulled all his work from github

Neito
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 23 May 2022 - 16:06

Neito wrote:I want to know why ArcadeTV pulled all his work from github

Why do you want to know?

And please stop posting the same thing in multiple topics. I've had to merge your posts from two others to here. Keep it to this thread if it's about Wily Wars, please.
Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Neito Wed 25 May 2022 - 8:32

Relikk wrote:

Why do you want to know?

And please stop posting the same thing in multiple topics. I've had to merge your posts from two others to here. Keep it to this thread if it's about Wily Wars, please.
Because I don't know what happened and I'm curious so can you please tell me I just want to know what happened. I need to know why.

Neito
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Thu 26 May 2022 - 23:06

Neito wrote:
Relikk wrote:

Why do you want to know?

Because I don't know what happened and I'm curious so can you please tell me I just want to know what happened. I need to know why.

If you want to know, people began to annoy him demanding patches for x y games and criticizing some buggy patches. So he decided to withdraw from the scene.

On the other hand, will you have any sound pack for that megaman patch?

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2021-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Neito Mon 30 May 2022 - 16:46

jerrymh wrote:
Neito wrote:
Relikk wrote:

Why do you want to know?

If you want to know, people began to annoy him demanding patches for x y games and criticizing some buggy patches. So he decided to withdraw from the scene.

I am collecting music for a soundpack. But not all of the wily tower music has been remixed by anyone . For the title screen for Wily Wars we could use the title screen music from powered up as a placehoder.

Neito
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Sat 4 Jun 2022 - 17:39

Neito wrote:
jerrymh wrote:
Neito wrote:
Relikk wrote:

Why do you want to know?

I am collecting music for a soundpack. But not all of the wily tower music has been remixed by anyone . For the title screen for Wily Wars we could use the title screen music from powered up as a placehoder.
Or you can keep the original until a proper remix comes.

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2021-02-11

Back to top Go down

How do I add MSU MD implementation to Mega Man: The Wily Wars Empty Please lock this thread

Post by Neito Fri 17 Feb 2023 - 17:10

This game has an MD+ patch now so there is no need for this thread.

Neito
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down