Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 4 Empty Re: Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Post by Relikk Fri 14 Apr 2023 - 14:44

ArcadeTV wrote:awesome, thanks!
Should we make a centralized list of missing music?

Sometimes replacements just aren't available, but go ahead, if you like.

Maui Mallard audio has been uploaded to the Mega folder.

I also edited your OP and put some links at the top to your GitHub and the Mega folder.
Relikk
Relikk

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 4 Empty Re: Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Post by ArcadeTV Fri 14 Apr 2023 - 17:41

I added *Vectorman* and here are some superb options for a soundPack ^^
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sat 15 Apr 2023 - 2:52

Relikk wrote:
I also edited your OP and put some links at the top to your GitHub and the Mega folder.
That's a good idea, thanks.

I'm uploading some patches I have not ported to md+ yet.
One big stretchgoal of my dev-boilerplate is to be able to build md+ and msu-md in one process.
In the meantime pls enjoy...
* Ristar (wip-SP)
* Dynamite Headdy (OST-Info)(OST-SP)
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sun 16 Apr 2023 - 17:34

I'll add "Rainbow Islands Extra" to the patches in a few moments.
I have prepped 3 different soundPacks that may need minimal tweaking like removing pauses in the FM Towns version.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tmnuoMp-Ii15fzVCCx1CcouDs5EAYbLV/view?usp=share_link

The files "02-f.wav" are higher-speed-versions that are not used by the game, but I think they should be, so I may update the patch at some point to add missing music. I'm sure there are other tracks missing in the MD version of the game.

Would be cool if anybody could file an issue about that with some research info.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 17 Apr 2023 - 14:42

Cool.

FM Towns version of Rainbow Islands Extra uploaded. The PC Engine version seems to have the same arrangements, just with a bit more stereo width due to added reverb.

I'll take a look at the NDS version now.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 17 Apr 2023 - 15:49

NDS Revolution version done and uploaded.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Tue 18 Apr 2023 - 6:08

Thanks for your continued support, Relikk!

To celebrate our love for arcade games, I'll dedicate this next release to the master of the soundPacks. It features a not-too-easy-to-find arranged soundtrack ^^

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 4 813-1277055303
https://vgmdb.net/album/813

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RCoZ4ocgXbRJdGrjZsbB7YCWePYR3vUv/view?usp=share_link

Except for reviewing there shouldn't be much left to do with the pack ^^
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 18 Apr 2023 - 16:49

Ah, cool. I was only looking at this a few days ago as it featured in a David Haywood stream, and he mentioned how different the art style is between the arcade and Mega Drive versions.

Hope you don't mind, but I found a lossless copy of this and re-edited everything from that. I don't know where you got the Game Over part from, so I used something different, but if you want your original reinstated, if you could give a timestamp from a specific track then I can pop it back in. I might need to revisit the volume on this at some stage, anyway. It's uploaded to the Mega folder for the time being.

This and the Maui Mallard soundtrack have been fun to work on.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 19 Apr 2023 - 5:25

No no, it's yours :-) I'm glad you had fun and as long as you're happy with the final result, so am I.

I worked on Mr. Nutz yesterday in the evening just to find out, that the released soundtrack from original composer Raphael Gesqua is nothing more than a SNES music rip with some severe reverb added to it :-/

https://www.wayorecords.com/en/cd-tapes/725-mr-nutz-original-soundtrack-cd.html

Anyways, the OST is more than a 1:1 replacement because the game only had 1 boss theme on the mega drive and no dedicated ending song. I'll correct that while I'm at it.

ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 19 Apr 2023 - 12:09

Here's a wip SP for MrNutz:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Eb5lZt3p36VnxbPU3gY5ypFUD_57zFZ/view?usp=share_link

The patch is live on github.
Pls see notes.md in the patch's zip archive for track infos - the ones marked with an asterisk are not yet played in the game and not yet optimized for seemless looping - everything else is, though.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 19 Apr 2023 - 19:09

Added beta* patch for Marvel Land (Namco Arcade Game).

* the MD+ Intro had to go because it screwed up the interrupt-routines of the game. may be fixed in future versions.

SP candidates:
https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/marvel-land

https://vgmdb.net/product/11508
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 20 Apr 2023 - 10:20

Marvel land arcade has been uploaded.

In Retroarch there are a couple of issues, currently.

First thing I noticed, in the sound test is that in the stock ROM the "B" button stops the music. In the MD+ patched ROM this doesn't work. The "B" button doesn't stop the music.

The game also freezes on a black screen if you let the first gameplay demo run. It happens straight after it.

I've also posted those issues on your GitHub.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 20 Apr 2023 - 10:41

Thank you! I've added a new versioned patch to address the freezing. Stopping may not be implemented yet, will be added tonight :-)
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sat 22 Apr 2023 - 2:41

Marvel Land should be good now. I added the "NAMCO" voice from Soul Calibur, which replaces the "SEGA" voice. It's all in the issue tracker.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by +RyeGuy+ Sat 22 Apr 2023 - 11:43

Hi, technical question about the Thunder Force IV MD+.  If I bug test now (with the placeholder audio) will it need to be bug tested again once the final soundtrack is available?  Thanks.

Edit: where can I find the current MD+ patch for Columns? I only see the MSU-MD patch on the github link.

Last edited by +RyeGuy+ on Sat 22 Apr 2023 - 11:53; edited 1 time in total

+RyeGuy+
Rope
Rope

Since : 2020-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sat 22 Apr 2023 - 11:49

I'm sorry, I think I don't understand. Bugs will be fixed independantly from any soundPack.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by +RyeGuy+ Sat 22 Apr 2023 - 11:59

ArcadeTV wrote:I'm sorry, I think I don't understand. Bugs will be fixed independantly from any soundPack.

Sorry, I'll ask a different way.  Y or N, is it worth my time to bug test TFIV now, or should I wait for the new sound pack?  I'm trying to avoid redundant work if that makes sense.

+RyeGuy+
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 22 Apr 2023 - 12:15

The CD audio options won't affect anything with regard to finding bugs in the core gameplay.

On the other hand, if everything is assigned correctly in the CUE file by the audio editor and a track doesn't play, or the wrong track plays, that'd be considered a bug.

What you're looking for is... the core gameplay functions as it should, there are no crashes, freezes, graphical glitches or instability and that the correct music plays where and when it should.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by +RyeGuy+ Sat 22 Apr 2023 - 12:29

Roger.  Mission is go.  :)

And the Columns MD+ patch, is the one in the forum post the most recent one?

+RyeGuy+
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sat 22 Apr 2023 - 14:57

+RyeGuy+ wrote:Roger.  Mission is go.  Smile

And the Columns MD+ patch, is the one in the forum post the most recent one?

It's on github now.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sun 23 Apr 2023 - 16:13

ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 5:01

Sounds interesting. I think anything with a full arranged soundtrack replacement is worth doing. I can put together the music, but this being an RPG almost guarantees that I won't be testing it.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 5:04

Relikk wrote:Sounds interesting. I think anything with a full arranged soundtrack replacement is worth doing. I can put together the music, but this being an RPG almost guarantees that I won't be testing it.

Yes, we need this tested by the players.
If you could check if the soundPack is doable and complete, that'd be motivation enough to make a patch ^^
THANK YOU!!!
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 5:10

Will do. In terms of source files, I think the Dreamcast version is the preferred choice here. The Xbox version sounds a little weird, and I can't find a lossless source for the soundtrack CD just yet.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 10:38

I need a favour...

If you own a MegaSD, could you pls

1. download this
  2. extract to your MegaSD card
  3. run the playground.md rom
  4. report what you hear: only music or a ring-sfx and music

I made this test-rom for checking the wave-file-playback as documented in the MegaSD developer manual. It doesn't work in RetroArch and I still have no MegaSD.
If this works it would open the door to having CD music and wave soundFX ^^

Thank You!
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum