Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases Empty Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Post by ArcadeTV Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 17:30

Information and patches can be found here: https://github.com/ArcadeTV/msuplus-tracker

Completed audio packs can be found here: https://mega.nz/folder/5MlkSBqR#ZzodSLacnwV3d9I6mGiYLw

After getting back to my beloved Mega Drive and tinkering with some improvements I now have an up-to-date development playground with some interesting stuff.
Infinest upgraded his "Mega Drive Vector Table Reader" so I can use it to automate my setup for new hacks. (Big thanks!)

I added an intro which I consider final after implementing it into my MSU-MD releases of Flicky and Columns. Since I also updated and optimized other things under the hood, I'm happy to announce, that I got seemless loops sorted out and will use that in all re-releases and future hacks. Speaking of which, I was was lucky to talk to "Collision Chaos Radio" who arranged the Ristar soundtrack for a cancelled MegaCD project and he is in the process to finalize his tracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okt8Pe5AUFQ
My Ristar MSU-MD patch is ready and wainting for the new tracks to be available in the not too distant future.

I'm also still looking for arranged soundtracks for patches that a ready, like Dynamite Headdy, Quackshot etc. I will release a whole bunch of midi files converted with Valley Bell's SMPS tools ready for cleanup and use by musicians hoping someone would be willing to drop full albums for new releases.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases Image111

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases Empty Re: Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Post by Relikk Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 15:38

Yes, I am a dick, but I don't want to it to seem like I'm shitting all over your work (apologies in advance if you do think that), and I know that the loops are about as "seamless" as you can get with the MSU-MD standard, but the loops are still technically not truly seamless. They're just... loops.
Relikk
Relikk

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:39

I wouldn't call you anything genital-related, it's totally fine having your own opinion. Since I'm here for the party and not for the drama I wouldn't argue against that. I'm neither a sound engineer nor an edudcated technician, but I can tell that I did my very best to make the experience as seemless as possible. Since CD audio indexing seems to be 75 fps, I moved the part of the audio where the track seeks to to a multiple of n/75. The seek time emulation is taken care of on the Everdrive side while it can be disabled in RetroArch/GenesisPlusGX via Menu/CoreSettings/EmulationHacks/CDAccessTime/disable.

The result may not be working for everyone, but I guess I can live with that.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fO5u1pz7MZYWPFol7ORzqd6SvusNFr4z/view?usp=share_link
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 17:15

No drama, just sayin'. Carry on.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 17:18

pls don't get me wrong - if there's a better way I'd be happy to go that route. Is there?
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 21:16

Last post in here, but MD+ is the logical answer to that question, especially now since Krikzz supports it on his Mega Everdrive Pro, along with Genesis Plus GX for emulation.

MSU-MD is useful to people who own a lower tier Everdrive and a CD unit, and who are happy to burn CD's. Also MiSTer, I guess.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Wed 22 Mar 2023 - 22:39

ArcadeTV wrote:After getting back to my beloved Mega Drive and tinkering with some improvements I now have an up-to-date development playground with some interesting stuff.
Infinest upgraded his "Mega Drive Vector Table Reader" so I can use it to automate my setup for new hacks. (Big thanks!)
I added an intro which I consider final after implementing it into my MSU-MD releases of Flicky and Columns. Since I also updated and optimized other things under the hood, I'm happy to announce, that I got seemless loops sorted out and will use that in all re-releases and future hacks. Speaking of which, I was was lucky to talk to "Collision Chaos Radio" who arranged the Ristar soundtrack for a cancelled MegaCD project and he is in the process to finalize his tracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okt8Pe5AUFQ
My Ristar MSU-MD patch is ready and wainting for the new tracks to be available in the not too distant future.
I'm also still looking for arranged soundtracks for patches that a ready, like Dynamite Headdy, Quackshot etc. I will release a whole bunch of midi files converted with Valley Bell's SMPS tools ready for cleanup and use by musicians hoping someone would be willing to drop full albums for new releases.

Nice to have you back on the scene. kind regards.

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2021-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Fri 31 Mar 2023 - 5:18

I can smell a suprise MSUMD/MD+ release in the not too distant future...

Code:

| Index |  ID   |  CD   |  BANK   | Song             | Alt Name                                         |
| :---: | :---: | :---: | :-----: | :--------------- | :----------------------------------------------- |
|  00   |  00   |  01   |  78000  | STAGE-1(1)       | Fighting Back (Strite Part 1)                    |
|  01   |  01   |  02   |  78000  | STAGE-2(1)       | Space Walk (Ruin Part 1)                         |
|  02   |  02   |  03   |  78000  | STAGE-3(1)       | The Sky Line (Air Raid Part 1)                   |
|  03   |  03   |  04   |  78000  | STAGE-4(1)       | Sand Hell (Daser Part 1)                         |
|  04   |  04   |  05   |  78000  | STAGE-5          | Battle Ship (Space Cruiser Part 1)               |
|  05   |  05   |  06   |  78000  | STAGE-6          | Great Sea Power (Volbados)                       |
|  06   |  06   |  07   |  78000  | STAGE-7          | Sea Of Flame (Desvio)                            |
|  07   |  07   |  08   |  78000  | STAGE-8          | Metal Squad (Bio Base)                           |
|  08   |  08   |  09   |  78000  | STAGE-9          | Down Right Attack (Wall)                         |
|  09   |  09   |  10   |  78000  | STAGE-10         | The Danger Zone (Versus)                         |
|  10   |  0A   |  11   |  78000  | STAGE-1 (2)      | What (Strite Part 2)                             |
|  11   |  0B   |  12   |  78000  | STAGE-2 (2)      | Danger!! Danger!! (Ruin Part 2)                  |
|  12   |  0C   |  13   |  78000  | STAGE-3 (2)      | Air Raid (Air Raid Part 2)                       |
|  13   |  0D   |  14   |  78000  | STAGE-4 (2)      | Where! (Daser Part 2)                            |
|  14   |  0E   |  15   |  78000  | STAGE-5(DOCKING) | Neo Weapon (Space Cruiser Part 2 - Docking)      |
| ..... | ..... | ..... | ....... | ...............  | ................................................ |
|  15   |  0F   |  16   |  80000  | OPENING          | Lightning Strikes Again (Opening Theme)          |
|  16   |  10   |  17   |  80000  | COURSE SELECT    | Don't Go Off (Course Select)                     |
|  17   |  11   |  18   |  80000  | BOSS-1           | Evil Destroyer (Gargoyle Diver)                  |
|  18   |  12   |  19   |  80000  | BOSS-2           | Attack Sharply (Hell Arm)                        |
|  19   |  13   |  20   |  80000  | BOSS-3           | Simmer Down (Ratt Carry)                         |
|  20   |  14   |  21   |  80000  | BOSS-4           | Strike Out (Fomalhaut)                           |
|  21   |  15   |  22   |  80000  | BOSS-5           | Stranger (Space Cruiser Boss)                    |
|  22   |  16   |  23   |  80000  | BOSS-6           | The Breaker (Volbados Boss)                      |
|  23   |  17   |  24   |  80000  | BOSS-7           | Rancor (Desvio Boss)                             |
|  24   |  18   |  25   |  80000  | BOSS-8           | Phantom (Bio Base Boss)                          |
|  25   |  19   |  26   |  80000  | BOSS-9           | Recalcitrance (Wall Boss)                        |
|  26   |  1A   |  27   |  80000  | BOSS-10          | War Like Requiem (Versus Boss)                   |
|  27   |  1B   |  28   |  80000  | CONFIGURATION    | Tan Tan Ta Ta Ta Tan (Configuration)             |
|  28   |  1C   |  29   |  80000  | GAME OVER        | Dead End (Game Over)                             |
|  29   |  1D   |  30   |  80000  | CONTINUE         | Count Down (Continue)                            |
|  30   |  1E   |  31   |  80000  | RANKING(ACE)     | Because You're The Number One (Ace Ranking)      |
|  31   |  1F   |  32   |  80000  | RANKING(2-10)    | Remember The ''Knight Of Legend'' (2-10 Ranking) |
|  32   |  20   |  33   |  80000  | RANKING(DEMO)    | The Stars (Demo Ranking)                         |
|  33   |  21   |  34   |  80000  | ENDING(EASY)     | Shooting Stars (Easy Ending)                     |
|  34   |  22   |  35   |  80000  | ENDING(NORMAL)   | Silvery Light Of The Moon (Normal Ending)        |
| ..... | ..... | ..... | ....... | ...............  | ................................................ |
|  35   |  23   |  36   |  88000  | ENDING(HARD)     | Light Of Science (Hard Ending)                   |
|  36   |  24   |  37   |  88000  | ENDING(MANIAC)   | Love Dream (Maniac Ending)                       |
|  37   |  25   |  38   |  88000  | STAFF ROLL       | Stand Up Against Myself (Staff Roll)             |
|  38   |  26   |  39   |  88000  | OMAKE-1          | Omake 1                                          |
|  39   |  27   |  40   |  88000  | OMAKE-2          | Omake 2 Thunder Force AC                         |
|  40   |  28   |  41   |  88000  | OMAKE-3          | Omake 3                                          |
|  41   |  29   |  42   |  88000  | OMAKE-4          | Omake 4                                          |
|  42   |  2A   |  43   |  88000  | OMAKE-5          | Omake 5                                          |
|  43   |  2B   |  44   |  88000  | OMAKE-6          | Omake 6                                          |
|  44   |  2C   |  45   |  88000  | OMAKE-7          | Omake 7                                          |
|  45   |  2D   |  46   |  88000  | OMAKE-8          | Omake 8                                          |
|  46   |  2E   |  47   |  88000  | OMAKE-9          | Omake 9                                          |
|  47   |  2F   |  48   |  88000  | OMAKE-10         | Omake 10                                         |
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Retroash Fri 31 Mar 2023 - 11:28

This is most welcome news. Welcome back. Looking forward to enjoying the new releases. The black beauty still lives on.

Retroash
Rope
Rope

Since : 2020-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Fri 31 Mar 2023 - 13:56

Retroash wrote:The black beauty still lives on.

This is the way.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases Empty Mean Bean MAchine MD+

Post by ArcadeTV Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 10:41

Sorry, no time for a soundPack, but I'm sure you'll find some neat PuyoPuyo tunes from the 25th anniversary CD that will fit nicely to this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eVAfPo9_np4NcE8GfB8yy-H0QmmPO4_Z/view?usp=share_link
Attachments
Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases Attachment
trackmap.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(32 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 13:24

ArcadeTV wrote:I can smell a suprise MSUMD/MD+ release in the not too distant future...

I personally don't know of any soundtrack replacements for TFIV, so I don't know what your plans are for it, and I don't know how many people would be interested in what I always wanted out of a patch for TFIV, but because the original music is so good I only ever wanted to hear it without it being interrupted by the speech samples and with some slightly clearer, less muffled percussion. So, I just converted the original audio using VGM's with the Nuked OPN2 YM2612 core of VGMPlay.

https://mega.nz/file/F651UCiI#A_O_RcKBJfd8fSXMuO3JlfoUGicve-1u2tmXehsI39w
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 13:46

TFIV actually was a commission for someone who wanted to make his own soundPack. Since appx half of the tracks can be found as decent arrangements, I don't know what will happen to the remaining songs. I have so many patches laying here, that I was wondering if I just release them and see what happens. Tbh, I just want to make patches without spending another 100% of time & energy that went into making it for soundpack research and conduction. I really miss having some trusty wingmans who take care of the sound-work.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 13:58

Relikk wrote:
ArcadeTV wrote:I can smell a suprise MSUMD/MD+ release in the not too distant future...

I personally don't know of any soundtrack replacements for TFIV, so I don't know what your plans are for it, and I don't know how many people would be interested in what I always wanted out of a patch for TFIV, but because the original music is so good I only ever wanted to hear it without it being interrupted by the speech samples and with some slightly clearer, less muffled percussion. So, I just converted the original audio using VGM's with the Nuked OPN2 YM2612 core of VGMPlay.

https://mega.nz/file/F651UCiI#A_O_RcKBJfd8fSXMuO3JlfoUGicve-1u2tmXehsI39w

Excuse me for interrupting your discussion,

Previously -pepodmc ,told me that he had almost completed all the tracks for FT4, only 2 Omake and Vectorman were missing.

I am going to ask him to see if he completed all the tracks and if he wants to donate them to the project as use them as second option in the sound packs.

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 14:10

ArcadeTV wrote:TFIV actually was a commission for someone who wanted to make his own soundPack. Since appx half of the tracks can be found as decent arrangements, I don't know what will happen to the remaining songs. I have so many patches laying here, that I was wondering if I just release them and see what happens. Tbh, I just want to make patches without spending another 100% of time & energy that went into making it for soundpack research and conduction. I really miss having some trusty wingmans who take care of the sound-work.
Just as a suggestion, maybe you could put a list of what you have with the map of the tracks or say if they order follows the list as the list on https://project2612.org/, some could dedicate themselves to looking for the tracks or making them to complete those projects.

Last edited by jerrymh on Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 15:31; edited 1 time in total

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 14:15

ArcadeTV wrote:TFIV actually was a commission for someone who wanted to make his own soundPack. Since appx half of the tracks can be found as decent arrangements, I don't know what will happen to the remaining songs. I have so many patches laying here, that I was wondering if I just release them and see what happens. Tbh, I just want to make patches without spending another 100% of time & energy that went into making it for soundpack research and conduction. I really miss having some trusty wingmans who take care of the sound-work.

There's also some stuff that's ready to go in here, but I don't know how interested you are in any of those games.

If there's something you know of that's a direct replacement, either from VGM's or an officially released soundtrack CD or game then I'd be happy to help. Even though I have done a couple in the past, the only thing I draw the line at is YouTube conversions.

ArcadeTV wrote:Sorry, no time for a soundPack, but I'm sure you'll find some neat PuyoPuyo tunes from the 25th anniversary CD that will fit nicely to this.

This one? https://vgmdb.net/album/65723
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 15:05

My motivation is a mix of "how easy is the driver to interface" and "is there already some music that can be used", the game itself it not a big factor.
I've been hoarding some music lately that got my attention, as it could be a direct replacement, like the pc versions of aladdin, lion king and jungle book. especially aladdin works out pretty cool because it's a full midi set of files that sounds awesome with the right soundfont. I've been tinkering with that a lot and while I'm still not 100% satisfied, it will definitively happen anytime soon.
Then there's new soundtracks popping up with new games like "new joe & mac" and mr. nutz, that just by hearing make me setup the games for new patches immediately.
Also I've been browsing khinsider a lot and still find stuff that I haven't seen before, like landstalker and insector x.
The whole driver-research I did lately is now paying off and I'm confident I can do any Krisalis, Cube, TecnoSoft and SMPS driven game in a short development run. GEMS still gives me a hard time, sometimes it's easy and sometimes a nightmare.
Also I've build been building a new boilerplate that parses rom information and sets everything up, so the initial time to get going is cut down drastically. It also includes custom tools to create .cue files from folders filled with waves.
I'm working on my next stretch goal, that is to make md+ and msu-md in one build-process.
In the past I tried to use google sheets with my patches' trackmapping and links to possible music replacements, but it didn't work out.

About TF4, thanks for the offer, but the person who is creating his soundpack already invested a good amount of time in it, so I'm not sure if it would be ok to just release the patch. I'll ask him though.

The good thing about all this music stuff is, that everybody can make his own soundpack based on his preferences. I personally totally dislike all that metal covers.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 15:36

ArcadeTV wrote:About TF4, thanks for the offer, but the person who is creating his soundpack already invested a good amount of time in it, so I'm not sure if it would be ok to just release the patch. I'll ask him though.

I'm not sure if you're replying to me or jerry but I'm fine with that, because again, I don't know if there's anyone, apart from myself, that'd be interested in replacing the original FM soundtrack... with the original FM soundtrack. You never know, but it was really a personal project that I just thought I'd throw out there. Even as an internal test pack, for the time being. I'll also never rush anyone that's developing patches as they have the harder job, as far as I'm concerned.

ArcadeTV wrote:I personally totally dislike all that metal covers.

That's certainly a sentiment we share. I can't stand the majority of them, either.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 15:54

ArcadeTV wrote: I personally totally dislike all that metal covers.

Well I don't like them either, the only one I liked is the remake of contra from Vomitron.
I prefer that it be the closest to the original but with better bass and drum or that it replaces the different instruments in the most similar way to the original.

As for TF4, if you promised that person to wait, it would be better to do it until he finish the work (it is important to keep the promises) and if -pepodmc donates their material, you could keep it until the day of the release and go with 2 options.

At least we already know that there is a patch and that makes me very happy.

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 16:47

jerrymh wrote:At least we already know that there is a patch and that makes me very happy.
yeah me too, here's a glimpse of proof
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_1hvAJ23-dAuaQOUfidVsgAhm6kMqUJN/view?usp=sharing
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 16:59

ArcadeTV wrote:
jerrymh wrote:
ArcadeTV wrote: At least we already know that there is a patch and that makes me very happy.
yeah me too, here's a glimpse of proof
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_1hvAJ23-dAuaQOUfidVsgAhm6kMqUJN/view?usp=sharing

Wow that intro sound really cool. If so, it's worth the wait.

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Mon 3 Apr 2023 - 1:21

ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Mon 3 Apr 2023 - 2:54

Oh my god, he hasn't replied yet but I hope -pepodmc hasn't deleted his material.
I only have a couple of tracks that I liked. The good thing is that changing the audio tracks in the sega patches are less difficult than in MSU1.
We are still waiting for your friend's tracks, I liked the sample of the first track you showed us.

Later going to try one of the tracks form the tecnosoft disk.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w7ou7_25SKM0eO5Tq7gbABMVfZd_jn72?usp=sharing

Last edited by jerrymh on Mon 3 Apr 2023 - 3:13; edited 1 time in total

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Mon 3 Apr 2023 - 3:05

Is anybody still keeping track in the database section? It hasn't been updated for a while. Maybe it's time to change gears and use something else?
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 3 Apr 2023 - 3:35

ArcadeTV wrote:Is anybody still keeping track in the database section? It hasn't been updated for a while. Maybe it's time to change gears and use something else?

What do you mean? As in adding your recent patches to it? We would just assume that seeing as the patches are in the "in development" subforum, that they're in a beta stage. Once you're confident enough that they're ready for a full release we can add them, or you can add them yourself, if you like.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum