Donkey Kong Country Deluxe MSU-1

Go down

Donkey Kong Country Deluxe MSU-1 Empty Donkey Kong Country Deluxe MSU-1

Description:
This patch has every single stage in the game upload their own music artist for all 40 levels. In addition to every stage having their own theme, every time you go to the overworld map, 1 of 8 different tracks of Simian Segue will randomly upload to give your playthrough a little more variety with both level and map music.

IMPORTANT SIDENOTE: DKC MSU1 and DKC MSU-1 Deluxe are two different and separate patches. It will not work right to use the original DKC MSU-1 Patch with the Deluxe PCM set. You need to patch a new rom.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Patch by Conn + Cubear:
for roms v1.2 (USA)
Download: https://mega.nz/file/cqYQ1DCL#pqm6baG-tuAvQ6QhW83kejE62kBBvgB6zTykdkSLx88

Mirror Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zOQAoNSkEutK-J6gQzUD3EJMyjvzdUVZ/view?usp=sharing

PCM Sets:

JUD6MENT's DKC Deluxe Orchestral PCM
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u9MHQtl12R3FChRuyjZgEinW2D3WEz_t/view?usp=drive_link

Mirror Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0k3uhb1x4kszgj/DKC%20Deluxe%20MSU-1%20presented%20by%20JUD6MENT.zip?dl=0

Mirror Link: https://mega.nz/file/dqY2SIZA#obwYZSdlGU3Vsc0m2wtB55U8XU9IOKBuvZCKj6rZ9eo

YouTube Preview
Music Artist Credit

Here is a quick link to the original DKC MSU-1 if you do not want the extended music choices and just want more of a base game build.
https://www.zeldix.net/t1484-donkey-kong-country#21731

Last edited by JUD6MENT on Sat 8 Jul 2023 - 17:04; edited 7 times in total
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Donkey Kong Country Deluxe MSU-1 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Donkey Kong Country Deluxe MSU-1 :: Comments

Drawn&Quartered

Post Sat 17 Jun 2023 - 9:03 by Drawn&Quartered

How did you manage this?? I have always wanted to have a different track for every stage, but the MSU-1 coding I'm familiar with only lets you replace tracks as they appear.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sat 17 Jun 2023 - 12:02 by Cubear

oh, it's pretty simple, you just need to delve a bit deeper into the game's RAM usage. a game will often use a byte of ram to set the pointers etc. for loading level data.

if you collect the value of that ram when loading each level, you can remap the tracks to unused MSU1 pcm track numbers

i've actually been thinking of writing up a post detailing the anatomy of an msu1 hack, maybe a short guide on creating enhancement patches like this one.

Back to top Go down

Drawn&Quartered

Post Sat 17 Jun 2023 - 14:35 by Drawn&Quartered

Outstanding! I'm definitely going to be looking into making my own soundtrack that's expanded and customized to this degree!

Back to top Go down

Roger_Carvalho

Post Sat 17 Jun 2023 - 15:01 by Roger_Carvalho

I want to thank each and every one of you for the effort and dedication you put into this project every day. Thank you team! You are proof that success is achieved through talent, determination and hard work.

Each one of you contributes to the smooth functioning of the team, thus allowing the projects to be carried out. All are to be congratulated for the excellent work done, for the spirit of union and sacrifice that exists in the team!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 17 Jun 2023 - 15:11 by Retroash

This is fantastic, thank you so much to everyone involved.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sat 17 Jun 2023 - 19:42 by Cubear

Roger_Carvalho wrote:I want to thank each and every one of you for the effort and dedication you put into this project every day. Thank you team! You are proof that success is achieved through talent, determination and hard work.

Each one of you contributes to the smooth functioning of the team, thus allowing the projects to be carried out. All are to be congratulated for the excellent work done, for the spirit of union and sacrifice that exists in the team!

Well, I can't speak for anybody but myself, but I'm fairly confident we're all doing it as a labor of love. I'm always happy when I've made somebody else happier, so it would stand to reason that other people here are like that as well.

Drawn&Quartered wrote:Outstanding! I'm definitely going to be looking into making my own soundtrack that's expanded and customized to this degree!

Sounds great.  if you have any specific ideas you'd like to see in other patches, do let me know. most of your ideas are likely possible.

Back to top Go down

Drawn&Quartered

Post Sun 18 Jun 2023 - 8:52 by Drawn&Quartered

[/quote]Sounds great.  if you have any specific ideas you'd like to see in other patches, do let me know. most of your ideas are likely possible.[/quote]

Okay here's one: DKC2 has specific end goal themes featuring the instrumentation of the current stage. The MSU-1 packs for these call the same number to play, so only one version is played, regardless of the stage. Is there a way to implement the corrected playback behavior, similar to how the DKC map theme is randomized?

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sun 18 Jun 2023 - 11:13 by Cubear

yes, that would be possible. similar method to different song per stage, just changing the victory song instead of the level... or if t is different per song playing, it may be even easier and you just play the correct one based upon that informaton.

Back to top Go down

Drawn&Quartered

Post Sun 18 Jun 2023 - 11:25 by Drawn&Quartered

That's all well above my paygrade—if the code exists already, I'm golden, but doing it myself is pretty impossible 😅

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sun 18 Jun 2023 - 11:50 by Cubear

i'm already looking at adding features to dkc2, so it shouldn't be terribly hard to put this together.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Wed 21 Jun 2023 - 3:21 by JUD6MENT

Drawn&Quartered wrote:Okay here's one: DKC2 has specific end goal themes featuring the instrumentation of the current stage. The MSU-1 packs for these call the same number to play, so only one version is played, regardless of the stage. Is there a way to implement the corrected playback behavior, similar to how the DKC map theme is randomized?

Great news, it already exist in the current build. Finishing levels for both diddy and dixie as well as deaths. My PCM set uses them. Here is the full track list:

DKC2 Full track list, just click here:

On a side note, you might like to hear that Cubear and I are working on DKC2 with different tracks for each stage. We also did this same type of patch for SMW Plus Ultra if you missed the release of that one. I really enjoy the stage variety hacks.

Back to top Go down

Drawn&Quartered

Post Wed 21 Jun 2023 - 9:24 by Drawn&Quartered

I can't wait to get in there! I have a lot of composing to do 😅

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Thu 22 Jun 2023 - 1:06 by JUD6MENT

I am spending way to much time on each individual track for DKC2 Deluxe! It is going to take a couple weeks to finish but let me show you two brand new tracks I made.

The first stage is a mashup of DanDaMan Productions and Ben Zimmerman with a bunch of sound effects added in.

The second stage is a mashup of JGS Music's two different versions of this track. He has a regular remix and a disco themed remix. I combined them both together so they play at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Drawn&Quartered

Post Thu 22 Jun 2023 - 10:53 by Drawn&Quartered

Hey—a couple of weeks isn't too bad! Sounds great so far 👏

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 19 Feb 2024 - 1:14 by Aisu Kuremu

It's been years since I played DKC1 ever since I sold my SNES. This mod reminded me of how beautiful the soundtrack to this game is. Now it's better than any official release!!! What an amazing way to play the game again. Phenomenal work Very Happy

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Mon 19 Feb 2024 - 3:31 by JUD6MENT

Aisu Kuremu wrote:It's been years since I played DKC1 ever since I sold my SNES. This mod reminded me of how beautiful the soundtrack to this game is. Now it's better than any official release!!! What an amazing way to play the game again. Phenomenal work Very Happy

Thank you, Cubear and I worked hard on this and i am happy to hear people are enjoying it. You should play Donkey Kong Country 2 Deluxe next if you enjoyed this one

Back to top Go down