Go down

Ninja Gaiden (Mesen HD) Patch Empty Ninja Gaiden (Mesen HD) Patch

Ninja Gaiden (US) Mesen HD enhanced audio patch v1:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b7rzt8qskz7a6dm/ninja-gaiden_mhd_nea_v1.zip/file

A U D I O  P A C K S

Ninja Gaiden (US) Mesen HD Conspiracy83 Music Pack:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0unzjocnabge2sc/Mesen-NinjaGaiden-Conspiracy83-HDPack.zip/file

This is only for the Mesen or RetroArch (with latest Mesen core) emulators! Not real hardware!

Last edited by pev on Wed 8 Nov 2023 - 11:42; edited 3 times in total
pev

Ninja Gaiden (Mesen HD) Patch Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Ninja Gaiden (Mesen HD) Patch :: Comments

Post Mon 28 Aug 2023 - 17:11 by pev

@ToAll There is a bug that affects the Jaquio cutscene. If muting track ID 4B(75) Crisis, it will affect the cutscene. What will happen is after Jaquio is suppose to show Irene being held captive - it will show a black screen for a brief moment - then transition over to the cutscene where Ryu says "You Coward" - after that, the game's cutscene well resume to normal. If NSF is allowed to play w/o muting; this cutscene plays fine.

All other cutscenes are unaffected. For now, I left this track playing the NSF version instead until I figure out how to deal with this particular track with the Jaquio cutscene.

If you find any other bugs, please use Mesen 2.0 and perform a save state at least a few seconds before the issue occurs. Also, a video recording of what happens will be very helpful to track and fix bugs. Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 8 Sep 2023 - 10:24 by darthvaderx

It works perfectly together with graphics packs, just copy the contents of hires.txt to the end of the original hires.txt,

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=26164.0

I also made some hacks merges to make the game much more 'enjoyable' to play:

Ninja Gaiden Restoration + Optional Free Movement by CF

This is a set of two patches. The first one aims to make the English Ninja Gaiden release closer to its original Japanese version while fixing a significant bug. The second patch has the same features as the first, but also serves as an optional remixed version that can be considered an easy type.

Changes for the restoration patch:

The player is sent to level 6-3 rather than 6-1 upon dying against the final boss trio.
   Item placements are reverted to their Japanese originals, as evident in stages such as 4-1 where they reach the very top of the screen again.
   Ken’s name is changed to Joe like in the Japanese version and 3D series. Ninja Dragon is also changed to Dragon Ninja.
   Typos and grammatical errors are fixed such as Irene’s “your safe” line.
   Lines containing “damn” and “hell” from the unfinished script (which ultimately made their way into Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for the SNES) are restored.

Additional changes for the free movement patch:

The player’s backwards jumping momentum is the same as their forward jumping momentum.
   The player suffers no horizontal knockback.
   The timer is permanently frozen (but I edited it to make it run again).
   A few new item placements are provided. For example, stage 3 was the only level in the original game not to contain the Jump & Slash technique, so it is added to 3-2.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ninja Gaiden - RIP enemies hack by Cyneprepou4uk:

Once you kill an enemy, it will stay dead and won’t respawn.

------------------------------------------------------------

So I leave here a link with the patch with all these modifications and the hires.txt to use the sounds together with the images:

https://mega.nz/file/aAFhRJQL#LaE4JNvC5PGL8E2tlk0p64c7Am3-CRoTHinL0uYko8o

Enjoy. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 8 Sep 2023 - 10:56 by pev

@darthvaderx Thanks for your post. I did a brief test using your merged patch and it has some GFX glitches with the item placeholders. See video below.

I did not get these glitches using my regular Mesen audio patch and keeping the Mesen Graphics pack. Just posting this in case someone else comes along and mentions this. This is with the latest RetroArch Mesen 0.9.9 core.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 8 Sep 2023 - 11:10 by darthvaderx

The problem is definitely with one of the other two hacks (in fact there are three), I'll test it here separately later and more calmly.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 25 Sep 2023 - 0:12 by pleiades7bluestars

Would be cool to take the arcade music and use it here as an alternative OST

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Oct 2023 - 14:11 by Jorge2222

I know the game is compatible with the Restoration, RIP Enemies, Updated and SRAM patches (because I played with all of those patches combined) but it seems that none of these are compatible with the enhanced audio patch.
Do I need to change anything in the hires.txt file?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Oct 2023 - 14:16 by Jorge2222

Mr pev, that's not a bug, in the original Japanese version it was like that, that's why when playing Ninja Ryukenden (vanilla) or Ninja Gaiden with the restoration patch the game objects collide with the menu.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Oct 2023 - 15:16 by darthvaderx

Jorge2222 wrote:Mr pev, that's not a bug, in the original Japanese version it was like that, that's why when playing Ninja Ryukenden (vanilla) or Ninja Gaiden with the restoration patch the game objects collide with the menu.
Hello again. Yes, they are compatible with HD audio. Here I used 'HD graphics', 'HD Audio', 'Restoration + Optional Free Movement' (but I edited it to remove infinite time) and 'RIP enemies'. So applied in that order.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Oct 2023 - 16:06 by Jorge2222

And then I can add the updated and sram patches to get the ultimate ninja gaiden experience?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Oct 2023 - 16:15 by darthvaderx

Jorge2222 wrote:And then I can add the updated and sram patches to get the ultimate ninja gaiden experience?

I don't use these hacks. I don't even know the 'Updated', what does it do?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Oct 2023 - 17:34 by Jorge2222

The rom hack updated rebalances the game by making enemies like birds do little damage (it doesn't make sense for a bird to do that much damage) or making Jacquio and other enemies more challenging as well as redoing the bizarre or buffoonish sprites to make them feel more normal.
I played the game with this patch and the others I mentioned and they are compatible with each other but when I put it together with the enhanced audio patch it didn't work Sad

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Oct 2023 - 18:20 by darthvaderx

Jorge2222 wrote:The rom hack updated rebalances the game by making enemies like birds do little damage (it doesn't make sense for a bird to do that much damage) or making Jacquio and other enemies more challenging as well as redoing the bizarre or buffoonish sprites to make them feel more normal.
I played the game with this patch and the others I mentioned and they are compatible with each other but when I put it together with the enhanced audio patch it didn't work Sad

Ok, now that I see it's on RHDN, but I don't use this hack because I think it makes it more difficult than easier, in addition to unnecessarily changing some graphics, Ninja Gaiden is already a very difficult game and the hacks I mentioned are enough (RIP enemies, no horizontal knockback and level 6-3/6-1 fix). But if you want, I can send my already patched rom via PM and you can test it by adding all these hacks you mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Oct 2023 - 18:42 by Jorge2222

Yeah,
When I play a game I prefer to patch it with rom hacks that make the experience more fun, not harder or easier.
For example when I play Mega Man X6 Tweaks I buff most of the bosses(especially sigma which I make him hyper broken)and I make it so that when I lose all my lives it makes me go back to the beginning of the stage BUT I make Zero a demigod, I buff the armors(except for the ultimate which I nerf) and I make the soul collecting more bearable.
I'm sorry for so much text I put and that I went off topic but it's something new for me to talk in forums or things like that.
I don't know if talking about more personal opinions is against Zeldix rules but I would like to find a forum or app where I can talk about video games and their mods more freely but not talk to people beyond fun chatting since I don't trust strangers or people who offer me their friendship without having met them in person first.
I mentioned I'm sorry for a lot of text....😅

Back to top Go down