BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1 - Page 2 Empty BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1

BS F-Zero Deluxe contains three different offical SNES F-Zero games done by Nintendo combined into one rom. Two of these games were Japanese exclusive. Click below for more information.

BS F-Zero Deluxe Explanation, click here:

Patch:
Disclaimer: You will need to patch twice, once for the BS F-Zero Deluxe patch and then with the MSU-1 patch afterwards.

Patch #1 BS F-Zero Deluxe patch by Guy Perfect, PowerPanda, and Porthor:
Code:
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/8437/

Patch #2 MSU-1 Patch V11 by Conn and Cubear:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/h7BGAQyY#6o4qA8gTY4PaKRo2Qfvkm1H1mBqUlFFSHZ5JgBiV0iQ

PCM Packs:

track map, click here:

JUD6MENT's Instrumental Expanded PCM Set
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/qRM0CI4S#Wf4HudYchQ55fvv4X834OnDzhb7LzkRMGnzEaCmEBkg

Mirror Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/imtfee2xw9llanz/F-Zero_DX_Expanded_by_JUD6MENT.zip/file
YouTube Preview
Description: This PCM set has a different theme for every stage in the game. The 10 new stages uses music tracks from different F-Zero games.

JUD6MENT's Instrumental PCM Set
Not expanded, one theme for each stage type.
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/8zNUWZxT#15QL5gttjf5X2S3k7Ea0qP-m6qUoxsw7MbA4pt504Zg

Mirror Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/27b561ygzyjn557/BS_F-Zero_Deluxe_by_JUD6MENT.zip/file
YouTube Preview
Description: This PCM set has 3 new music tracks from other F-Zero games to be used for the new stage types which are:
Forest - Dream Chaser from F-Zero X
Sand Storm - Drivin' Through on Max from F-Zero X
Metal Fort - The Long Distance of Murder from F-Zero X
DISCLAIMER: To have the new stages play the same PCM tracks that match the exact same tracks as the base rom hack, remove these 3 PCM from the folder. PCM-22, PCM-24, and PCM-30. This will mimic the base rom hack, for example, Sand Storm 1 will now upload Fire Field PCM and Sand Strom 2 will upload Death Wind PCM. YouTube Preview of Default Satellaview Stage Music

Expanded Original Soundtrack by CosmicTailz (snes soundfont)
Code:
Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ex5kCsi10KRF7FJbYMkDJJCWvrKGdypD/view?usp=sharing
YouTube Preview
Description:This rom set uses CosmicTailz remixes to keep a snes style soundfont but give every stage a unique arrangement. This mimics the original Satellaview runs except in snes soundfont as even original levels of the base game would have new arrangements of the stage. Some stages will spc fallback by not having a PCM.

Original Soundtrack with TheBlurCafe recreated Satellaview stage music
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/GENnCCqK#md6ow-xovUgnoULm7eEr2sS8A6zObwq-pwm7eM85eOQ

Mirror Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mgzb3kr6abux795/TheBlurCafe_recreated_Satellaview_PCM.zip/file
YouTube Preview Coming Soon
Description:This rom set uses TheBlurCafe version of live performance music recreated in SNES music style. This pcm set uses the original game's soundtrack with the exception of the 4 new pcm tracks for the new stages in snes soundfont style. I converted all of TheBlur Cafe music in a separate folder if you desire to use any of his other music.

Additional PCM Packs:
All PCM sets from the original F-Zero MSU-1 forum is compatible. New Satellaview stages will default to the remix of the base rom (for example, Sand Storm 1 will find the PCM for Fire Field like how BS F-Zero Deluxe upload Fire Field for this stage). Follow this link for the PCM of F-Zero MSU-1:

Additional Information:
To switch between different grand prix races, press L and R together on the controller. The Satalleview had two different F-Zero runs. The different GP are described as below:

All GP League Descriptions, click here:

BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1 - Page 2 Bs_fze10

-------------------------------------------------

Achieved BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2 (Outdated)

See the first comment in the forum below.

Last edited by JUD6MENT on Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 23:08; edited 15 times in total
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1 - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1 :: Comments

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 20 Feb 2024 - 2:17 by JUD6MENT

Ok, I simplified the PCM set descriptions and released an expanded version. I took the two Instrumental sets and combined them to one. Seeing the only difference between the two was 3 different PCM, I just made a disclaimer that deleting 3 tracks will give you the other PCM set I had, letting me to remove the one entirely from the post.

Anyway, here is my new Expanded PCM set. I do not have a preview for it yet, but it is like my other preview video with more tracks. I like it alot.

JUD6MENT's Instrumental Expanded PCM Set
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/qRM0CI4S#Wf4HudYchQ55fvv4X834OnDzhb7LzkRMGnzEaCmEBkg
Description: This PCM set has a different theme for every stage in the game. The 10 new stages uses music tracks from different F-Zero games.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 20 Feb 2024 - 18:05 by Conn

Cubear wrote:
Ruffy5 wrote:
I did experience some glitching in a couple of the new stages in regards to the music loading with using my SD2SNES.
it will pause and show a glitch screen just before the music starts, like its loading the music. with the New Music Tracks PCM set.

I was concerned that this may happen. I'll implement some code to allow a frame to pass before the next "play" signal instead of waiting for it all to work sequentially.
I think you only need to set again $0181 (#01) flag if PCM fallback.

Catador wrote:Nice to see this finished!
Take this as feedback in an ASM sense, and not on gameplay/end-user side:
  1. I found updating the original hack kinda hard. This might have been for the lack of comments, formatting and consistency (indentation, newlines after return instructions, lack of labels in branches, etc.).

Cubear wrote:That's just @conn's coding style Smile it takes some getting used to.
Dunno how many PCM hacks I created, documenting everything is hell. Ok, I admit I'm also lazy, lol

indingo85 wrote:
This same glitch also causes a slight buzz on FXPakPro on actual SNES hardware.
Stz $2006 during track fallback / after sta $2004 should solve this

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 21 Feb 2024 - 12:55 by Conn

ok, here's a small take in theoretical view by me (I didn't test at all which mostly goes wrong, but well - I still have no sd2snes.)

I changed the following in the retry labelled section:
Code:
; Conn
;----------------
;loop:
;bit $2000 ;checking MSU1 busy
;bvs loop
STZ $2006 ;against buzz
LDA #$01 ; set busy flag
STA $0181
; ----------------------
That should prevent the bugged screen on sd2snes and the buzz
Attachments
BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1 - Page 2 Attachment
f_zero_deluxe_msu_TEST.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Wed 21 Feb 2024 - 22:47 by Cubear

Thanks for looking at this while I'm out of town...

Sorry for having you come out of retirement just because of my buggy code though... Smile

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 0:25 by JUD6MENT

I will give it a test run this weekend, I am still wanting to do an entire playthrough of the game for my expanded pcm set. It won't be on sd2snes though, but any playthrough will help confirm we got a good patch

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 12:59 by VVV18

I still think there are more new things coming out there, you know,
In fact, we are reaching almost 100% of the content released for Broadcast Satellaview; I may even be wrong, but I think we will see even more of BS Fero Grand Prix 2, eagerly awaiting its release here!!!

https://superfamicom.org/blog/2023/06/the-biggest-batch-so-far-part-1/

Back to top Go down

PowerPanda

Post Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 14:00 by PowerPanda

VVV18 wrote:I still think there are more new things coming out there, you know,
In fact, we are reaching almost 100% of the content released for Broadcast Satellaview; I may even be wrong, but I think we will see even more of BS Fero Grand Prix 2, eagerly awaiting its release here!!!

LuigiBlood is part of our discord, and has confirmed that none of his backlog contains BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 5:23 by Conn

still think there are more new things coming out there, you know,

That's cool. Is there a chance to recreate BS super mario collection?
I was able to hack week week2 which was partly contained in week 3

https://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/mariocollection.shtml

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 9:47 by indingo85

@Conn Tried the test patch. It still buzzes the moment you cross the finish line with sd2snes on actual hardware. Started fresh with patch 1 and patch 2 (using your test patch) and using JUD6MENT's new PCM set.
Sad

Back to top Go down

PowerPanda

Post Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 9:59 by PowerPanda

Conn wrote:That's cool. Is there a chance to recreate BS super mario collection?

I am watching Kukunkun's video now. I've already figured out how his VCR warps the image, and have created an overlay to "straighten out" the pixels. I would be willing to restore any missing graphics, if someone wanted to hack the world maps into Mario Allstars.

Any word on PCMs for TheBlurCafe's 3 remaining songs?

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 17:04 by JUD6MENT

PowerPanda wrote:
Any word on PCMs for TheBlurCafe's 3 remaining songs?

I do want to get those done, i am spreading myself thin as too many good projects showed up all at once. I am currently finishing the MET guitar playthrough v3 that i onow a few people are waiting on. I will get back to this after that, so probably tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 19:34 by VVV18

PowerPanda wrote:
VVV18 wrote:I still think there are more new things coming out there, you know,

LuigiBlood is part of our discord, and has confirmed that none of his backlog contains BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2.

@PowerPanda that's some sad news, but that's what we have for now, right? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 19:36 by VVV18

Conn wrote:
still think there are more new things coming out there, you know,

That's cool. Is there a chance to recreate BS super mario collection?

https://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/mariocollection.shtml

@Conn: what wonderful news for my eardrums, thank you very much, I'm going to download it now, TOP!!!!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 8:12 by Conn

@Conn Tried the test patch. It still buzzes the moment you cross the finish line with sd2snes on actual hardware. Started fresh with patch 1 and patch 2 (using your test patch) and using JUD6MENT's new PCM set.
check out below Wink

Code:
checkmsuready:
;Conn fix 2
STZ $2006
Attachments
BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1 - Page 2 Attachment
f_zero_deluxe_msu_TESTv2.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 10 times

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 18:42 by JUD6MENT

Conn wrote:
check out below Wink

Code:
checkmsuready:
;Conn fix 2
STZ $2006

Found a small problem

This is in practice, sand storm 2, using The Blur Cafe tracks

this glitch happens with Cubear original patch and with Conn's new patch called "f_zero_deluxe_msu_TESTv2.zip"

This does not happen when you have every single PCM track included, this only happens in the PCM set with BlurCafe because that one is trying to make some fallback spc. This will only happen with a specific combination of PCM in. It seems it is when you do not have pcm 1-16 but you do have all the new stages have pcm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoBe-d16Nz8

Best of luck Conn and Cubear. I will continue my testing.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 19:04 by JUD6MENT

I deleted the outdated version of "BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2" but it is not gone forever, look at the first comment on this forum and I achieved it there. There is no longer a need for this version as this new one has all of this content and so much more, but just in case I am wrong and someone still wants it, you will find it there in the first comment.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 19:05 by Conn

Maybe cubear should look into, are the sd2snes problems solved with test V2?

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 19:13 by JUD6MENT

Conn wrote:Maybe cubear should look into, are the sd2snes problems solved with test V2?

This is on normal emulator I did my test run (I do not think you were directing the question to me, but in case I am wrong, I used snes9x v1.6). I do not have a sd2snes unfortunately.

And to reply to PowerPanda previous comment about TheBlurCafe PCM set. I updated to include

*A separate folder that has all his music converted to PCM files so anyone can use any combination of his music.

*All Forest stage plays "Forest 1 and 3" from BlurCafe

*All Metal Fort stages plays "Metal Fort I & Sand Storm I" from BlurCafe

*Sand Storm 1 plays "Sand Storm" from BlurCafe

*Sand Storm 2 plays "Sand Storm II and Big Blue II" from BlurCafe

This is my favorite interpretation of his music with combination of stages. However, like I said earlier, I converted every track of TheBlurCafe so anyone can assemble it the way they think it should be. I also think this PCM set mixes well with CosmicTailz one if anyone was interested.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 20:57 by Cubear

unfortunately i don't have real hardware to test upon. that new bug looks interesting...

Back to top Go down

Ruffy5

Post Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 21:42 by Ruffy5

Hi guys,

I just tested Jud6ments expanded msu-1 on my sd2snes and had no issues. No glitching like I mentioned earlier with the music. It was awesome to hear "Aeropolis's theme" amongst the new tracks, as that's my favourite GX track and song.

I also patched anther version of judg6ments deluxe pcm set, using TESTv.2 by Conn, and no glitching either.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 22:43 by JUD6MENT

Thanks for testing Ruffy5, it seems like the last glitches is when the base pcms, 1-16, are missing, which would effect Cosmic and BlurCafe pcm that want to use fallback spc but have snes style expanded. Something about the fallbacks on expanded isnt right when the fallback chain is missing a pcm.

Also, Cubear and Conn are doing great work on this patch, thank you very much.

Back to top Go down

PowerPanda

Post Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 23:51 by PowerPanda

Thank you JUD6MENT, Conn, and Cubear. I just finished playing with TheBlurCafe's audio, and it sounded like I always imagined as I whittled away the hours restoring the graphics. Truly a special moment for me. Here is the recording.

Conn, GuyPerfect and I took a look at BS Super Mario Collection, and while we don't think we're going to be able to restore Weeks 1 & 4 in the original broadcast format, we think it might be possible to import the Super Mario 3 style overworlds into SMB1 and TLL as a romhack of Super Mario All-Stars. (This would, of course, include the SMB3 smaller maps from Weeks 2-3 as well.) The graphics reconstruction looks MUCH simpler that Forest and Metal Fort.

Back to top Go down

Ruffy5

Post Sun 25 Feb 2024 - 6:39 by Ruffy5

Ruffy5 wrote:Hi guys,

I just tested Jud6ments expanded msu-1 on my sd2snes and had no issues. No glitching like I mentioned earlier with the music. It was awesome to hear "Aeropolis's theme" amongst the new tracks, as that's my favourite GX track and song.

I also patched anther version of judg6ments deluxe pcm set, using TESTv.2 by Conn, and no glitching either.

I got around to playing some more (and I do apologize for not thoroughly checking earlier) but there is a buzzing noise when you cross the finish line when completing the race. Again I'm sorry I didn't fully test that part out earlier

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 25 Feb 2024 - 12:38 by Conn

I got around to playing some more (and I do apologize for not thoroughly checking earlier) but there is a buzzing noise when you cross the finish line when completing the race. Again I'm sorry I didn't fully test that part out earlier

Oh, did you test with V2 test above?

Back to top Go down

Ruffy5

Post Sun 25 Feb 2024 - 16:18 by Ruffy5

Conn wrote:

Oh, did you test with V2 test above?

I did, sadly it had the same outcome.
It's a short buzz noise, once you finish the race.

V2 I patched onto Jud6ments Deluxe PCM, I'm not sure if it's designed for the DX Expanded set though, I can try that later and see if it works.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next