BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1 - Page 3 Empty BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1

BS F-Zero Deluxe contains three different offical SNES F-Zero games done by Nintendo combined into one rom. Two of these games were Japanese exclusive. Click below for more information.

BS F-Zero Deluxe Explanation, click here:

Patch:
Disclaimer: You will need to patch twice, once for the BS F-Zero Deluxe patch and then with the MSU-1 patch afterwards.

Patch #1 BS F-Zero Deluxe patch by Guy Perfect, PowerPanda, and Porthor:
Code:
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/8437/

Patch #2 MSU-1 Patch V11 by Conn and Cubear:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/h7BGAQyY#6o4qA8gTY4PaKRo2Qfvkm1H1mBqUlFFSHZ5JgBiV0iQ

PCM Packs:

track map, click here:

JUD6MENT's Instrumental Expanded PCM Set
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/qRM0CI4S#Wf4HudYchQ55fvv4X834OnDzhb7LzkRMGnzEaCmEBkg

Mirror Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/imtfee2xw9llanz/F-Zero_DX_Expanded_by_JUD6MENT.zip/file
YouTube Preview
Description: This PCM set has a different theme for every stage in the game. The 10 new stages uses music tracks from different F-Zero games.

JUD6MENT's Instrumental PCM Set
Not expanded, one theme for each stage type.
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/8zNUWZxT#15QL5gttjf5X2S3k7Ea0qP-m6qUoxsw7MbA4pt504Zg

Mirror Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/27b561ygzyjn557/BS_F-Zero_Deluxe_by_JUD6MENT.zip/file
YouTube Preview
Description: This PCM set has 3 new music tracks from other F-Zero games to be used for the new stage types which are:
Forest - Dream Chaser from F-Zero X
Sand Storm - Drivin' Through on Max from F-Zero X
Metal Fort - The Long Distance of Murder from F-Zero X
DISCLAIMER: To have the new stages play the same PCM tracks that match the exact same tracks as the base rom hack, remove these 3 PCM from the folder. PCM-22, PCM-24, and PCM-30. This will mimic the base rom hack, for example, Sand Storm 1 will now upload Fire Field PCM and Sand Strom 2 will upload Death Wind PCM. YouTube Preview of Default Satellaview Stage Music

Expanded Original Soundtrack by CosmicTailz (snes soundfont)
Code:
Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ex5kCsi10KRF7FJbYMkDJJCWvrKGdypD/view?usp=sharing
YouTube Preview
Description:This rom set uses CosmicTailz remixes to keep a snes style soundfont but give every stage a unique arrangement. This mimics the original Satellaview runs except in snes soundfont as even original levels of the base game would have new arrangements of the stage. Some stages will spc fallback by not having a PCM.

Original Soundtrack with TheBlurCafe recreated Satellaview stage music
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/GENnCCqK#md6ow-xovUgnoULm7eEr2sS8A6zObwq-pwm7eM85eOQ

Mirror Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mgzb3kr6abux795/TheBlurCafe_recreated_Satellaview_PCM.zip/file
YouTube Preview Coming Soon
Description:This rom set uses TheBlurCafe version of live performance music recreated in SNES music style. This pcm set uses the original game's soundtrack with the exception of the 4 new pcm tracks for the new stages in snes soundfont style. I converted all of TheBlur Cafe music in a separate folder if you desire to use any of his other music.

Additional PCM Packs:
All PCM sets from the original F-Zero MSU-1 forum is compatible. New Satellaview stages will default to the remix of the base rom (for example, Sand Storm 1 will find the PCM for Fire Field like how BS F-Zero Deluxe upload Fire Field for this stage). Follow this link for the PCM of F-Zero MSU-1:

Additional Information:
To switch between different grand prix races, press L and R together on the controller. The Satalleview had two different F-Zero runs. The different GP are described as below:

All GP League Descriptions, click here:

BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1 - Page 3 Bs_fze10

-------------------------------------------------

Achieved BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2 (Outdated)

See the first comment in the forum below.

Last edited by JUD6MENT on Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 23:08; edited 15 times in total
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1 - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

BS F-Zero Deluxe MSU-1 :: Comments

Conn

Post Sun 25 Feb 2024 - 18:26 by Conn

I'd not know why this would happen. One possible reason might be that the ROM name is the same as the old IPS name. Then it auto applies the old IPS and the new changes are effectless. I'll take a peak tomorrow again if I've overseen something on the coding side, also with j's found bug
Can you provide a video of that buzz?

I currently haven't much time to track this forum, so short, awesome idea J putting the old rom in first comment. I'm looking forward to see bs Mario collection, fantastic that you take a look at it, thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sun 25 Feb 2024 - 18:48 by JUD6MENT

Yes, make sure your folder doesn't have a patch you are not using in it, i have done that mistake to both Conn and Cubear when testing patches out.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 25 Feb 2024 - 18:59 by Conn

let's see how this works:

original:
Code:
checkmsuready:
;Conn fix 2
STZ $2006
BIT $2000
BVS end2       ; if not ready loop
STZ $0181     ; clear msu busy flag
LDA $46
AND #$0f
STA $0180     ; set flag msu playing
JSR loopselector     ; select loop/non-loop track
STA $2007
LDA $0180
CMP #$08
BNE $05
STZ $2006
Bra $05
LDA #$FF      ; full volume, change FF->60 when playing in bsnes in case the volume is too loud      
STA $2006

New
Code:
checkmsuready:
;Conn fix 2
STZ $2006
BIT $2000
BVS end2       ; if not ready loop
STZ $0181     ; clear msu busy flag
LDA $46
AND #$0f
STA $0180     ; set flag msu playing
CMP #$08
BEQ mute
JSR loopselector     ; select loop/non-loop track
STA $2007
bra $03
mute:
STZ $2006
Bra $05
LDA #$FF      ; full volume, change FF->60 when playing in bsnes in case the volume is too loud      
STA $2006

what mostly causes the bug on finish line is that there's a sta $2007 comand (play). In my new code I will branch over this. (pcm stops after finish line)

J, could you tell the setup (pcm:s) and steps needed to reproduce your bug?

Back to top Go down

Ruffy5

Post Sun 25 Feb 2024 - 19:12 by Ruffy5

OK.

I shall try it later tonight when I finish work.

Sorry I'm in Australia, so the time difference can be annoying

Back to top Go down

Ruffy5

Post Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 5:57 by Ruffy5

ok so to update......and boy was this weird.

So I did what was suggested and re-patched the PCM sets I use by Jud6ment, in complete separate folders and files, to keep them as clean as possible.
When I tried TESTv.3 on both of jud6ments PCM sets, I found that the music was gone. So I tried re patching everything from a fresh in different order of patches. (please bear in mind I am a complete noob to all this).
No matter which order I patched V.3 I either lost all the music, or had that buzz noise on the finish line.

I then decided to retry TESTv.2 again, but fully clean re-patch like I started with V.3
Well what do you know...... the buzz noise is gone Ohmygod Confused

So yeah I have no idea, if it was me (most likely) or what!

i was going to try and setup the Blurcafe set as i liked the video in this post. But i'm not so sure on how to set that up.

Also i know this isn't BSfzero related, but can you change the music track order? I got one of Jud6ments Fzero pcm sets running on a Fzero-Hybrid hack and it mixes 2 tracks together. I was kinda hoping to change the music order to match the tracks.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 9:31 by Conn

Oh well Very Happy sometimes this stuff indeed is witchcraft.
So I deleted v3 since it appear to bug even more. If possible, check again with V2 on a clean setup to confirm, I'd also like ask for a counter check from someone else with sd2snes to be on the safe side.

In that case I'll try to reproduce J's reported bug on sandstorm II, I tried with his video but couldn't reproduce so I need to know more about the correct set-up.

Cubear, I'd say the V2 I posted previously is the current milestone...?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 10:08 by indingo85

Conn wrote:Cubear, I'd say the V2 I posted previously is the current milestone...?
I say not. V2 still buzzes with sd2snes once finish line is crossed. Never got to test V3. This is on an actual SNES (not on clone console like SuperNT). Re-performed clean patch setup using J's latest PCM set.

Back to top Go down

Ruffy5

Post Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 15:54 by Ruffy5

I should mention that I am using a snes console too, not a clone console.
I will try and run more tests tonight. Or maybe best I step aside?

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 16:21 by Cubear

Just getting myself up to speed, with @Conn's V2 we have a mostly-working patch with some errors upon finishing a race, correct?

the fallback error playing the wrong track in a specific circumstance and the buzz on real hardware?

does the buzz happen on GP or Practice or both?

Back to top Go down

Ruffy5

Post Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 16:24 by Ruffy5

I've only tested with practice mode. Haven't had time to try a GP play through.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 17:04 by indingo85

Cubear wrote:does the buzz happen on GP or Practice or both?
It happens on any mode.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 20:27 by Cubear

From playing the original game, the track music stops the frame you cross the finish line. Perhaps we would solve all issues by muting MSU-1 at this point, maybe filtering out the erroneous "play" signal being sent.

Last edited by Cubear on Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 21:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 20:38 by Conn

Yes there must be mute which actually does. I do not know how the bug happens. Can someone post a video?

This and I'm s bug are the only ones left;)

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 3:47 by ycmwan

I noticed your conversation, I have sd2snes, and I posted a video.What's that buzzing noise?
https://youtu.be/2MUBl2MwM7E?si=IvHsp5UMf4IA9KvY

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 4:50 by Conn

ycmwan wrote:I noticed your conversation, I have  sd2snes, and I posted a video.What's that buzzing noise?
https://youtu.be/2MUBl2MwM7E?si=IvHsp5UMf4IA9KvY

I say not. V2 still buzzes with sd2snes once finish line is crossed. Never got to test V3. This is on an actual SNES (not on clone console like SuperNT). Re-performed clean patch setup using J's latest PCM set.

I then decided to retry TESTv.2 again, but fully clean re-patch like I started with V.3
Well what do you know...... the buzz noise is gone Ohmygod Confused

Witchcraft?
indigo85 says buzz, ruffy5 says buzz gone after clean setup, ycmman says no buzz, lol

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 7:06 by ycmwan

by the way .I used F_ZERO_DELUXE_MSU_TESTV2.ZIP Patch. I don't know about v1. I don't pay much attention this game.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 13:32 by pev

@Conn Let me test it out to verify. I have a feeling this is not fully being tested (in essence, most likely folks doing basic play throughs). Are the links above using the latest patch that allegedly removes the buzz? If so, I can try later on my FXPakPro and SNES.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 13:51 by pev

@Conn Ok, this is what I did ...

#1 Patched stock F-Zero with CRC AA0E31DE using patch link from romhacking.net. This produced bs-deluxe-usa.sfc with a CRC of BC5160DF.

#2 Patched bs-deluxe-usa.sfc using the msu patch found on the second link (labeled Patch #2 MSU-1 Patch by Conn and Cubear). This produced a ROM with a CRC of 606AD1F1.

#3 Downloaded JUD6MENTS Instrumental Expanded PCM Set.

#4 Put all together.

Did a quick test as timed allowed. Picked the first GP Course as beginner. Played and once I crossed the finished line, I did hear a slight and annoying buzz.

I have some errands to run. When I get back, I will test the rest of the courses. So again, I am not sure if the Patch #2 link is using v2. If not, can you please provide to me to test. Thanks Conn.

EDIT: The test was conducted on a FXPakPro using a PAL Super NES (modified with region switch; fully recapped).

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 14:14 by pev

@Conn Ok, found the V2 patch in an earlier post. This V2 patch produced a MSU ROM of AFE1D8CB. This V2 ROM did not produce the buzz. So, I guess, this put the problem to rest.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 15:20 by JUD6MENT

JUD6MENT wrote:
Conn wrote:
@Conn Tried the test patch. It still buzzes the moment you cross the finish line with sd2snes on actual hardware. Started fresh with patch 1 and patch 2 (using your test patch) and using JUD6MENT's new PCM set.
check out below Wink

Code:
checkmsuready:
;Conn fix 2
STZ $2006

Found a small problem

This is in practice, sand storm 2, using The Blur Cafe tracks

this glitch happens with Cubear original patch and with Conn's new patch called "f_zero_deluxe_msu_TESTv2.zip"

This does not happen when you have every single PCM track included, this only happens in the PCM set with BlurCafe because that one is trying to make some fallback spc. This will only happen with a specific combination of PCM in. It seems it is when you do not have pcm 1-16 but you do have all the new stages have pcm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoBe-d16Nz8

Best of luck Conn and Cubear. I will continue my testing.

Did we solve this problem? I lost track where we are at, but sounds like we are getting closer

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 16:15 by pev

@JUDGMENT I am confident it is solved with V2. The buzz was gone with V2. I will have time tonight to sit down and play through all courses, if needed.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 19:09 by Conn

Seems like noone noticed that v2 was playing spc Very Happy - at least when I did tracing

Well, it was mixing in a soup with a lot of different vegetables. Maybe I fixed everything with v4, maybe not... let's see

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 23:59 by JUD6MENT

pev wrote:@JUDGMENT I am confident it is solved with V2. The buzz was gone with V2. I will have time tonight to sit down and play through all courses, if needed.

I was playing on v2

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 28 Feb 2024 - 4:15 by Conn

honestly, in V2 this buzz couldn't be there as we were playing in spc... please all test with V4 above. In my briefly playtests on snes9x all was fine, also that bug J reported on Sand Storm 2 previously with that set containing only 4 pcm:s.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Wed 28 Feb 2024 - 9:23 by JUD6MENT

Conn wrote:honestly, in V2 this buzz couldn't be there as we were playing in spc... please all test with V4 above. In my briefly playtests on snes9x all was fine, also that bug J reported on Sand Storm 2 previously with that set containing only 4 pcm:s.

Is the sd2snes buzz because there is no pcm in? If so, the solution would be to make a pcm of the ost maybe. It would solve the problem i found too.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next