Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 2 Empty Re: Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 10:28

Minor issue - certain 'short' music pieces that should only be played one time (thus far the "Get Medallion/Crystal" and the "Master Sword" music [tracks 19 and 10 respectively]) continue to loop. Would it be possible to have them only play once? Track 19 should be followed by silence until the player is transported out of the dungeon, and track 10 should be silent until the player can move again...which, upon consideration, is really the same thing between the two.

I'm about to test v5.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 2 Image110

Since : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 2 Empty Re: Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Post by Conn Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 10:47

lol, really no clue how you run in These bugs that obviously do not have something to do with my hack ^^

I visited that place but couldn't find something wrong, can you post a pic? Maybe with bsnes...

I test your bug, problematic is always to Play a dungeon or have the requuirements for the master sword
Conn
Conn

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 11:27

Tile issue is gone in v5.  Strange.

From here on out, if I encounter any visual bugs, I'll post screenshots if possible.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 11:58

Yes, I'm getting annoyed, but this is not at all your fault! This is typically in developing codes and I'm glad you're testing thoroughly.

So we're at v6: I disabled autorepeat in following tracks
intro, warp, mastersword, Crystal/meadillon aquired, Ganon appears in Aghanim's shadow, happy hyrule Display, credits - this is how original Rom handles These themes as well.

I think we're through more or less... any News about your saving issue?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 12:21

The saving issue seems to have disappeared. I don't know what caused it, but I'm glad it's behaving itself.

I'm glad you took care of the warp repeat issue as well - I just got to the Dark World, and when you're on top of the Pyramid and Sahasrahla is talking to you, the warp song played over...and over...and over.

Of course, I had the warp SFX get replaced with the TARDIS' landing SFX, so it was still pretty hilarious.

I have yet to try v6, but I have encountered a single bug in v5 beyond what you have fixed. In the Dark World, the 'digging minigame' is out in the field. When the minigame starts, it plays the 'Minigame' music, but it doesn't stop once the game is over - I have to enter an interior location and re-exit.

I'm glad that you're taking my bug reports in the spirit in which they are intended. I know (not from personal experience, really, but from programmers who I'm friends with) just how frustrating it can be to think you've finally nailed a problem, only to have something else pop up. I have hopes of making MSU Zelda a thing of beauty and perfection, and as I am a lousy programmer at best, I rely on others with that knowledge to do the heavy lifting. Thanks for being so considerate about this.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 12:54

Thats funny you changed the warp sfx for the tardis sfx cause I've done the exact same thing in my z3 hack!

Be sure to send me a PU version Conn once this is fully debugged!

Msu-1 on sd2snes for the win!

Thanks to you Retromancer for sharing the initial code by the other guy, up until now the msu1 version was only playable on a single version of bsnes.

Founder

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 13:07

SePH wrote:Thats funny you changed the warp sfx for the tardis sfx cause I've done the exact same thing in my z3 hack!

Be sure to send me a PU version Conn once this is fully debugged!

Msu-1 on sd2snes for the win!

Thanks to you Retromancer for sharing the initial code by the other guy, up until now the msu1 version was only playable on a single version of bsnes.

Sharing his very buggy code really made that much of a difference? Wow. Well, don't thank me - direct all gratitude towards him, through his site. I'm just the middleman.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 13:14

No worries SePH, I work parallel on a PU Version Wink

But I can't test it thoroughly, so you Need to check it...

The digging game bug does not appear when I Play (v6) - If it is that with the shovel rent, It's strange since this should be solved already with v5, so you shouldn't have encountered that bug actually.

Sometimes I Need to delete old savestates, sometimes even rename the complete game and all files. maybe this is the issue?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by emuandco Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 13:57

Con, I LOVE YOU! Very Happy
OK, Now finally I have a MSU game lying around to fit some remixes onto. I already have some here, but they are too silent. Will modify that and then post em here.
emuandco
emuandco

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2014-10-20

http://www.dreimer.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 14:09

öhem ^^ ...lol, flush... thanks Wink

If you like you can also test and verify the bugs together with TheRetromancer. v6 is so far the latest Version.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 14:15

Testing v6, and I'm liking it so far. The only thing I see that is problematic is that exiting Link's House at the very start of the game causes the "Rain Scene" music to fade out and restart once you step outside.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 14:21

check the native Rom, it handles this the same way Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 14:34

So it does. Mea culpa.

I have found one legitimate bug, though: When you use the Flute, selecting any location causes all the music to stop playing. Checking the map afterwards makes it clear that the music isn't playing at Zero volume.

Also, stepping into a warp tile after using the Flute to kill the music (like the one at Bird Location #5) causes the game to softlock. Will try to confirm all permutations of this warp glitch - this may just have been an Act of God glitch.

EDIT: It is not an Act of God glitch. At any point after using the Flute (even if you 'restore' the music by exiting and entering), any method of warping to the Dark World will cause a softlock to occur. Each location softlocks in a different manner, but they all turn the screen black and play what appears to be a random music file.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 14:44

Correction to my last. Not all warp locations cause this glitch. The one just outside of the Lost Woods does not, but so far the warp at Bird Location #5 does, as does the one at Hyrule Castle. I will check all warp locations and get back to you on this.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 14:48

ok, I Need a break now. Will take care of the flute Thing asap. Are the other glitches fixed (e.g., minigame, etc.)?
You can try finding more in the meanwhile if you like.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 14:51

A further update. I cannot replicate the warp softlock any more. No idea what happened there. Enjoy your break, Conn - you've already done more in a single day than could have been expected of you. I will try to track down glitches and bugs in the meantime.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by emuandco Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 15:27

Up to now no real problem, except the music starting flicker of the screen. Sounds nicely. I fix one music which became a bit... too load and then upload my stuff. maybe it's of use for anyone. ^^
emuandco
emuandco

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 17:08

I checked the flute; I could not reproduce the bug... EmuandCo? I suggest you take a fresh Rom and maybe rename it to something different and give all tracks, .msu and XML the same new Name. It happened sometimes to me that the old code was still present in the Emulator (it is e.g. a .oops file in snes9x), perhaps sd2snes has a similar issue

Well, I now made a cosmetic correction:
- fixed the Music restart when using the flute
- set the map volume to 75% (instead of 50%)

- I also fixed the optional Video for sd2snes compatibility.

The new patch file is found here:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/zelda3_msu.zip
(this is the updated zip file but the same link as the first post of this Topic ->msu_alttp->alttp_msu.ips)

I don't think much more will be found so as soon Theretromancer and EmuandCo give green light I will post this great News! Wink

Up to now no real problem, except the music starting flicker of the screen.
The flicking is a sd2snes specific Problem (you don't have it in bsnes). This is due to the Hardware having to be made ready. This is also the reason why I didn't succeed with sd2snes compatibility with you: there's a code bit $2003 - bvs $fb
This checks the sd2snes Hardware to be ready to stream msu. This Loop can take a while causing the flickering. Bsnes is always ready so no flickering.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 17:49

Flute issue fixed.

Digging minigame issue still present, though. Maybe implement an event-specific 30-second timer on him before calling "Dark World" music back?
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by emuandco Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 18:44

Still playing around. Nothing found yet with your new patch.
Btw:
http://dreimer.eu/msu/Original.7z
These are the Original Tracks, just mixed with 44100 Hz and Cubic/Sinc instead of Gaussian Interpolation.
http://dreimer.eu/msu/ZREO.7z
The fitting tracks from ZREO.
http://dreimer.eu/msu/K.Kondo-Remix.7z
These are on the Zelda Alttp Soundtrack and can be found at BS-Zelda homepage, too.

I personally copied the originals on my sd2snes, copied the ZREO ones over them and the ones from the Soundtrack over that in the end. Right now I did NOT add any loop points in these pcm files, that will come later.

Last edited by emuandco on Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 19:10; edited 1 time in total
emuandco
emuandco

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 18:52

mh, really this works flawlessly when I Play on bsnes...
However, I rearranged some bytes, so hope dies last; try whether it helps. The main code Emulation between bsnes and sd2snes is not much different so actually what bsnes does should also be done by sd2snes.
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/zelda3_msu.zip
Can you try in bsnes as well?

EmuandCo, could you try the digging game in dark world as well? The bug would be that the Music Switches while digging, but as soon the timer is 00 it won't Switch back to normal overworld Music.

Thanks also for your links given for the orchestrated Z3 Music, I will add them to the first post.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 18:58

I will try this latest patch and get back to you.

Also, I use a somewhat different setup for the music files. I use some from ZREO, some from the BS-Zelda, some from Koji Kondo's remix, and a few from "A Link Between Worlds". I'm still tweaking the volume on them so that they all flow together nicely, but once I've got that squared away, I'll pack a zip file as well.

(Seriously - use the LBW "Death Mountain" music. It's brilliant, even if it is slightly different from the original.)

In addition, for those wanting to make their own soundtracks, you don't need to start from .FLAC. Use GoldWave and 'Save As' to this format:

Wave PCM signed 16 bit, 44100 Hz, 1411 kbps, stereo

Then run your files through the wav2msu.exe. If your file isn't exactly this format, you'll either create a bad file or not create anything at all.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 19:13

Hmmm. Digging game issue still there in SD2SNES. Will try in BSNES later.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by emuandco Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 19:22

One thing up to now. The win melody when you defeated a boss and take a pendant should not loop, should it?

Last edited by emuandco on Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 19:27; edited 2 times in total
emuandco
emuandco

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 19:25

emuandco wrote:One thing up to now. The win melody when you defeated a boss and take a pendant should not loop, should it?

No, it shouldn't.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next