Oracle of Secrets Demo Feedback and Bug Reports

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Oracle of Secrets Demo Feedback and Bug Reports - Page 2 Empty Re: Oracle of Secrets Demo Feedback and Bug Reports

Post by Puzzledude Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 7:56

If it says: File correctly patched, than you have patched correctly and the file is the same as the author has made it.

That yellow text of the Snes9x is irrelevant. That simply means theat the internal checksum doesn't match, basically because the rom has been hacked. It is no longer Alttp, but a hack, so the checksum of the hack is not matching to the checksum of the Alttp - thus the yellow text in Snes9x instead of white text.

Those are just 2 bytes and the program "checksum fixer" can fix this, but like said, this is completely irrelevant and has no effect. And because of that, the authors of the hacks never actually tend to edit/fix this.

The majority of hacks will thus state a "bad rom" in yellow text when loading it in Snes9x, when actually the rom is completely fine.

Or in other words: your rom is fine. But note: this is a Demo and still has many problems.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Oracle of Secrets Demo Feedback and Bug Reports - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Oracle of Secrets Demo Feedback and Bug Reports - Page 2 Empty Re: Oracle of Secrets Demo Feedback and Bug Reports

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 8:36

Yeah okay it's a demo but the guy those this made this hack he's go further with it's hack or is this like man ( you not included ) an Abandonned project?
youre hack works fine all of them Very Happy

but one question at least is it possible to convert an SFC file to SMC others i cannot inject it to wad ?
youre hacks injected all of them in wad included a intro sound_bin and works great man
that's why the question of i can convert an SFC file to SMC others i cannot injected to wad

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 8:45

This game is an in-work project. Moegami is the author and this is the first beta/demo release. He is continuing with the project, obviously. As far as I know, his goal is to make a ful scale hack, as long as the original game.

You can not convert this Exlorom SFC. The author wanted this demo to be "locked" to prevent unwanted data extraction and cart making (all games should be released like that in my oppinion). The side effect however is, that the game is much more incompatible, so to play on other systems like sd2snes and Wii and PSP is not possible.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 9:51

હેદρમ™️ wrote:If everyone would lock their hacks, nobody would learn... which is why my hack probably won't be locked at all and if people want to hack it further or use it as a base for their hacks they'll be able to do so!

Open source for the win!! Razz (Conn)

I'll got a question for you to man
you are the maker of the Dark Legacy Zelda3 hack is this finish or?
and yeah where can i find the ips patch for it
thx in advance gy's bot of you Very Happy

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 9:53

Puzzledude wrote:This game is an in-work project. Moegami is the author and this is the first beta/demo release. He is continuing with the project, obviously. As far as I know, his goal is to make a ful scale hack, as long as the original game.

You can not convert this Exlorom SFC. The author wanted this demo to be "locked" to prevent unwanted data extraction and cart making (all games should be released like that in my oppinion). The side effect however is, that the game is much more incompatible, so to play on other systems like sd2snes and Wii and PSP is not possible.

Okay'Thx Puzzle for youre quick replay and awsome great work Very Happy

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 14:31

હેદρમ™️ wrote:You misunderstood me. I did helped the Dark Prophecy guys to insert their overworlds graphics but I'm not the main author.

My hack in question is: Conker's Hyrulian Tail, but it won't release until next year at best.

Wait and see, It's going to be worth the wait Wink

I'll wait in advance mate but an other thing
is that a Zelda3 hack to or? Very Happy

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 1 Oct 2015 - 6:30

If everyone would lock their hacks, nobody would learn... which is why my hack probably won't be locked at all and if people want to hack it further or use it as a base for their hacks they'll be able to do so!
Open source for the win.
True. However someone doesn't really lock the game to prevent talented people to learn how it is made, it is to prevent cart making. Some player of Goddess od Wisdom has asked himself this: "I don't really know if this was made with Hyrule magic."

He was to clumsy to actually load the rom in the program, since this game is also open source. Which basically tells you, that the majority of users will not bother opening the rom or learning from it. Their goal will be to play it, or put in on the cart and sell it etc.

Everyone hates the statue puzzles of Goddess of Wisdom, and yet no one removed them, which is hyper-easy to do with HM. They used cheats instead or suffered.

So the learning part of an opened source game released by an Alttp hacker can only be beneficial to another Alttp hacker, the majority however will not see the difference betwenn locked and unlocked. The only problem here can be the incompatibiliy of a locked rom with some playing devices.

You can clearly see, what I mean here:
I'll wait in advance mate but an other thing
is that a Zelda3 hack to or.

Maybe someone will think you created a brand new game, called Conker.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelbelntz Thu 1 Oct 2015 - 16:22

Guys, where I think the Big Chest of "Mushroom Groto"?

samuelbelntz
Bee
Bee

Since : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelbelntz Sat 3 Oct 2015 - 18:06

Anyone? :/

samuelbelntz
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 5:05

samuelbelntz wrote:Guys, where I think the Big Chest of "Mushroom Groto"?
If we would know what that means. You mean where is the big chest? The chest is easy to find. Just follow the regular path of the dungeon and press X+R to see the secrets. Once you reach the chest it can not be opened, since you need to come into the same room from the other side, defeat all enemies for small chest, which has the big chest key. Then you can go to the big chest and unlock it.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelbelntz Tue 6 Oct 2015 - 17:31

I did not know the game used X + R ... Now I must achieve. Thanks buddy! Smile

samuelbelntz
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Sun 11 Oct 2015 - 3:37

I'm still looking through all of these posts, and I'm gonna start working on fixing these bugs. I'm so sorry everyone I've been so busy lately I just pushed out the demo and then went blank for a bit. I may make a post in The Bar about it all but I really appreciate all the positive feedback for the game and I promise I'll do my best to be active and interact with everyone.

Sorry, I suck. But I'm doing my best!
scawful
scawful

Oracle of Secrets Demo Feedback and Bug Reports - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Mon 12 Oct 2015 - 7:05

I was playing the demo and for some reason i'm feeling something is wrong with the overworld (and no it's not because of the graphics glitches)

Can't put my finger on it yet. I'll report back once I play more.
Euclid
Euclid

Oracle of Secrets Demo Feedback and Bug Reports - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Mon 12 Oct 2015 - 11:29

Hopefully there isn't actually a huge underlying issue with the rom like puzzledude has been alluding to a bit. I'm quite concerned about issues like that.
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 16 Oct 2015 - 20:56

I took a big key in the dungeon and the menu is showing compass - wrong address in the menu perhaps?
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 17 Oct 2015 - 6:15

Euclid wrote:I was playing the demo and for some reason i'm feeling something is wrong with the overworld (and no it's not because of the graphics glitches)

Moegami wrote: Hopefully there isn't actually a huge underlying issue with the rom like puzzledude has been alluding to a bit. I'm quite concerned about issues like that.
I am also concerned. Remember when XaserLE fixed the thing with the peg switch? I was helping tracing at that time and we found that a complete pointer table that was transferred into ram was corrupt. It is possible that some HM editing corrupted parts of your rom at some point. Fixing stuff like that may become really difficult but I think definitively worth it.

Last edited by Conn on Sat 17 Oct 2015 - 11:42; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 17 Oct 2015 - 9:31

Euclid wrote:I took a big key in the dungeon and the menu is showing compass - wrong address in the menu perhaps?
That's actually logical if you know that the big chest key is infact compass, since that key is just a mirrage. You actually get the compass, but then change the message text, its gfx and palette. But of course the same has to be done for the menu as well (so this still needs to be done). And the big chest is then set to open if the compass is present.

I'm sure you know all this from PW, it was simply reused in this game to allow to have the big chest key.

moegami wrote:Hopefully there isn't actually a huge underlying issue with the rom like puzzledude has been alluding to a bit. I'm quite concerned about issues like that.
The rom is definitely not in the best shape, it is far less clean, than a normal rom should be. But that is all the result of heavy editing (gfx and asm etc). I solve this issue with multiple rom strategy: only overworld in one rom (main rom), each dungeon in separate rom and ASM in one rom - and then I glue this together like for the IQ game - and as you can see it is incredibly "clean", if you consider its base was Alttp; which we know gets quite bugged in a combination with HM.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkmon99 Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 22:20

I'm definitely a little late to the party, but if you recall way earlier this year I posted on your thread about wanting to try this. I just patched it and I'll play it over the next week, so expect some feedback from me too! Smile
Linkmon99
Linkmon99
Bee
Bee

Since : 2015-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkmon99 Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 23:35

Ok first bug I found. I entered the great fairy fountain (same cave where you get the boomerang) and then tried to go back through the door I came but I got stuck in it (couldnt go in or out)
Linkmon99
Linkmon99
Bee
Bee

Since : 2015-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Fri 13 Nov 2015 - 19:01

I know of that bug, thank you though!
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Tue 10 May 2016 - 13:06

Announcement!!!

Two new dungeons nearly complete!!

L4 - Goron Mineshaft
L5 - Sunken City

Lyra Islands Overworld too!!!

I'm probably not going to release a new demo for now, but I'll put out screenshots and videos soon enough.
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Tue 10 May 2016 - 14:39

Nice to see that this is still going. Smile
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 10 May 2016 - 18:20

Lyra Islands Overworld too!!!
In case you are also not DarkLink user, this should be interesting, since he is also editing the same game.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Tue 10 May 2016 - 22:58

Well I don't plan on using the original layout, just the same general concept. Not sure if that'll be a problem I just always wanted to do that.
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Fri 20 May 2016 - 15:44

Oracle of Secrets Demo Feedback and Bug Reports - Page 2 4eiaHUWOracle of Secrets Demo Feedback and Bug Reports - Page 2 SOKKF2C

Some random screenshots from the Oracle of Secrets version of the Lyra Islands

The first map is meant to be the forest where the master sword was found in the original Lyra islands, I decided to make it a little more of a tropical jungle than the old style. Then the second one is simply apart of the islands : - )
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next