Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 18 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Conn Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 15:33

speaking of which, I'm not sure whether the Colors should match what they are for... hearts are red, so it is a red potion; Magic bar is green so it is a green potion, and blue for both.
So I'd make the battery green. But it is a Dilemma for the clover since it is really beatyful. Maybe there is a red clover in the universe... or you could animate a rose or something?

Or maybe best:
battery (Magic): green;
rose ( or a better red Symbol, health): red
clover (golden): both (I go with Erock's objection here that it's hard to decipher, but we don't have to stick on blue... a golden lucky clover also somehow makes some sense)

What do you think about a Symbol for bare-Hands (fist with "0" or something)? But this isn't much necessary I guess, since you already can Punch before getting the Smartphone, and get the bat soon after.
Conn
Conn

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 21:33

I'll update the game progression when I find time.

I'll change the blue plant into something else though, at second look it feels out of place, any ideas what it could be? Doesn't need to be blue.

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Image4_zps2e9b0d58

^^ I've tried other colors for the clover and battery, but I honestly think the original ones I made fit the best.

It's a battery were talking about, just because it provides green energy, it doesn't mean it needs to be green ;-)
I can agree that in a Zelda game, it's an universal thing, but 99.7% of my hack doesn't make sense already for many people, it's not another 0.1% that's going to change anything in the long run for them.

Colors can be anything, for instance it could be:

Red chocolate bar------the red potion
Yellow/Grey battery ---the green potion
Green clover ----------the blue potion

..and it would still work. It's not primates who are going to be playing the game, modern human beings I hope, they'll be able to tell the difference between the potions still.

But it's a good debatable topic of course. Since I won't be the one playing the game in the long run, I'll leave the choice of colors for the battery and clover to you guys :-P

Founder

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 24 Jan 2014 - 4:15

But it's a good debatable topic of course. Since I won't be the one playing the game in the long run, I'll leave the choice of colors for the battery and clover to you guys :-P
Lol- we are all giving suggestions only, as the head of this Project it is you to decide what suits you best - I concur that People will get used to a different Symbol.

I think when you know, some asm will be required anyway. In the menu it should be easy (and enough space left) for these new symbols to replace, but I do not know about the 4bpp gfx (which should be harder since I already hacked this place dozends of times - I'll need to put it where all other new gfx already are). And as I know this game, there is only one bottle gfx with various palette changes.
You Need to check how far you come (also with bee/fairy Content) and then send me a bin with 2bpp (maybe already placed in the menu) and 4 bpp gfx along with a fresh Rom Wink

Here's a vram dump (inside the menu), so you can see the remaining space for new stuff... not much Wink
Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Image514

I count 23 free tiles left, since the map placeholder right to the scale isn't needed anymore. 3-5 bottles to replace (red, green, blue, fairy, bee) will be max 20 tiles, so this might work out.

I'll do that along with the 5th ending - I will couple it on 7 rings since These are rquired to get into Ganon's painting (easy path). This is a bit complex since the rings are counted specially (it's not "07" since also the specific ring is inside the number). If I am correct all 7 rings is the value "7F"; but I'll check this.

Also do you wish to leave bare Hands without Symbol?

Another Thing ran into my eyes: the double battery is available after D10 first, and I think then you can immediately upgrade to Triple battery in D3... is there a linear upgrade maybe better? Furthermore some items like the storm of the galaxy book require more Magic than the normal battery allows... therefore I'd make the upgrade along with the first item that requires much Magic, so latestly in D7 when getting the galaxy book.

Same issue with the Joker, since it will be replaced by the ankh immediately after you obtained it, it may be better to give the L3 shield 1 or 2 dungeons Prior before being able to follow the wisdom path...

We may need to put some thoughts in this Progression list, means which item is best to obtain when.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 24 Jan 2014 - 16:24

I know, but you still have the right to voice your opinions.

Afterall the game will get beta tested eventually and I'm sure I'll get tons of requests to change stuff aswell so it's all good, no worries!

I may be the project lead, but that'd be selfish to do everything my way, which is why I still say you guys have improved much the hack with your comments. Just look at the beginning of this thread and keep flipping the pages. It just keeps improving. Sometimes I feel like I'm arguing when all that I'm receiving is constructive criticism.

I just have to keep my cool and keep telling myself that this year is the last,it should work!

I'll send you everything during my next weekend along the ending if it's done. We have more then 23 free tiles, don't forget the other alphabet that is not used in the hack at all. It was made for the area names that were going to be seen on the play screen... but now we'll only use the other font and the area names will be in the smartphone instead!

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Image22_zpse0e49b7f

which gives more then enough space for all the icons and the bare hands if I create one. I'll think about it.

Coupling the 5th ending on those seven rings is probably the best coupling we could do!

You can get the triple battery in the third dungeon, but the pond will be hidden. Meaning most people will have a hard time figuring out where it is. The reason I've decided to make the last magic upgrade more hidden was that I felt the game too much easy, like having unlimited magic.

There's going to have a clue about it in that galaxy guide, like:

''The best weapons are forged in heaven.'' or something like that!

Like I've said before, the magic usage of all the items will be changed too eventually:

Euclid wrote:Magic Usage rom offsets

1/2 magic - +1
1/4 magic - +2

Note: Maximum amount of mana is 0x80

0x3B087 - Fire/Ice Rods  = 10
0x3B08A - 3 spells       = 20
0x3B08D - Magic Powder   = 08
0x3B090 -                = 08
0x3B093 - Red cane       = 08
0x3B096 -                = 10
0x3B099 - Torch          = 04
0x3B09C -                = 08
0x3B09F - Blue Staff (start using) = 10

The blank ones are data as well but we don't know yet what they do.

0x7EF37B - 01 = 1/2 Magic, 02 = 1/4 Magic (I did a rough search on STA 7EF47B and find nothing which stores a 2 since they all have LDA #01 in front of it)

As with the cape, CPU address 07/AE32 - change to EA to have Infinite Cloak (or change it to INC opcode to make you gain magic!)

You're right about the Joker that it's too cose to the Anhk though, I'll change that during my weekend... I know I keep saying that, but at least I can always go back and read all my posts at once ;-)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 24 Jan 2014 - 17:19

I also like that you really think about it, if somebody gives you constructive critique - and that you sometimes just take it with no need of further arguements at all (Boy, I remember some quarrels at the BSZ HP...) Smile

I think those numbers can still be used for area names since the menu is... I'd say completed after those bottle symbol replacements. But it is good to know we can get further tiles freed if necessary Wink

But isn't it possible to get the triple Magic immediately after the double Magic? I think D10 is indeed a bit late and then you may get the third upgrade immediately after... The third upgrade should be hard to find and also available at the very end (since the fairy upgrades also eden crossbow, superbomb) but I would set the double energy at least 1 (best 2) dungeons before you can get to the last fairy Pond.
But I can understand your reasons giving the second upgrade late due to the auto-refill Feature. But the double energy drain has no Need to be halved. Instead of 8,4,2 you could use 8,6,4 or instead 20,10,8->20,18,10 or whatever, and give the double energy somewhat earilier.

I was wrong with the Magic drain of the storm of the galaxy book, sorry... it works also with single battery (somehow when I first tried I could not pull it out and I thought it was due to the high Magic energy needed). But now it works for unretraceable reasons Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 25 Jan 2014 - 20:12

Nothing is ever final regarding that dungeon progression as I build this game as I go, so lot of things change overtime. I'll think about it regarding the second magic upgrade, but the last pond will remain hidden in heaven.

It will stay hidden and people will have to find it if they want to complete the game, simple as that.

My hack is much more easy then PW, therefore I have bigger plans for exploration/replay value. Finishing the game will only be the start, gaining all items and getting all endings will keep people entertained for a while.

The galaxy book didn't worked for me either for sometime then started working magically, no idea either!

i've redone my starting room to the path of courage.

I'm really happy how it turned out actually, not that difficult really, just have to think about it. That's the third fish puzzle you'll encounter in the game, I'm pretty sure people will get the idea by then! That one is more complex though ;-P

The best part about it, is that fishes stay ''dead'' after trowing them in pits and coming back!

The fairy found in the bottom room won't be there in the final game, just needed it since I playtest everything with 5 hearts, always :-P

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 25 Jan 2014 - 20:55

I just finished adding the Baseball Bat animation!

I've also added a tale about the Triforce right in the entrance of that Shrine (taken from the orginal zelda 3 manual Wink ). I think it should give a good hint to players as to what they'll find in that dungeon!

Also changed the blue sparkles into green.

All that in less then an hour, now off to sleep I go, last day of work tommorow :-)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 25 Jan 2014 - 22:06

Is the L button suppose to be broken in the menus? I noticed sometimes it takes 2 presses to go to the left menu. R seems to be fine - might have something to do with someone's asm.
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 26 Jan 2014 - 4:15

Looks great :)I only hope People will know some of the tricks like gliding onto an invisible platform - but through the moveable block and thinking, they'll get it. I'm curious about testplay results Wink

I also like the idea of the second fairy Pond (with triple energy upgrade) at the very end of the game (ALTTP wasn't different) - only pitty hére is the superbomb and superbombable walls will play a little role only, that can be used to hide anything.
I just meant that the first upgrade (double magic) should be available not together with the triple energy but somewhat earlier.

I also noticed this L-button issue (therefore I mapped the superbomb and galaxy book Feature on the R button in PU (and not the native hack L-button), but SePH told me somewhat later that it was on purpose to stop the game with L, and can easily be removed.

small typo: created bids ->birds
Can you also place three more of those Stones in the entrance hall, with "Follow the path of Courage/Wisdom/Power" to mark These?

In further good News, I found out how to give other 4bpp symbols when getting a bottle out of a chest, they use to have the same value in A, but differ in Location $0c so I can give whatever appearance, with adjusting the current code that e.g. also makes the Goldstar and those other new items appear. The menu should be easy, too - just Need to edit the map table, once you inserted the new 2bpp tiles Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 26 Jan 2014 - 15:01

If you press the L button, all the sprites freeze, press the R button to advance a frame. Press L again to unfreeze sprites.

That's a little hack by MoN that's very usefull for me to create new animations frame by frame. I'll probably eventually change the three spell graphics too so that hack is primordial right now. I know it affects the smartphone menu, but it'll be removed in the final game.

MathOnNapkins wrote:Take an unheadered ROM of Zelda 3 (aka LTTP)

Change $39 and $3A to 0xEAs *Original values are 80 16*. This NOPs out a Branch Always instruction. That's it. Now load up your game in an emulator. Press the L button to freeze the game. Music will continue running as will animations like water and flowers, but sprites and Link will be frozen on the screen. To advance by a frame, press the R button. To unfreeze the game, simply press L again. Only reason I never mentioned this was because I for some reason always thought the buttons it was checking were Select and Start (d'oh). Hope someone gains some amusement from this.

The superbomb and those bombable walls will be used too eventually, but to hide secrets, hearts containers etc...

Alright, I'll move the double battery upgrade just outside the Sunken Temple in the wastelands (6th dungeon)

Meaning you'll get old floppy in 2nd dungeon, the fairy dust near the 4th one, double battery just outside the sunken temple and final upgrade, triple battery in heaven!

I'll fix that typo :-P
I don't understand what you mean by adding three more stones. Do you mean the dialogue one?

I'll probably insert all new icons tommorow morning or late tonight if I have time!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 26 Jan 2014 - 16:42

Thanks, that's great :)if you feel the game is getting too easy with double Magic already after D6, you can just make the Magic drain loss a bit less. Normally it is halved (8->4->2 but it also can be 8->6->2 or whatever you like.

I don't understand what you mean by adding three more stones. Do you mean the dialogue one?
I mean placing a Telepath Stone (that one which is also telling about the "breated bid" *lol) in front of each path in the triforce shrine.
Each is telling which path it is: "Follow the path of power", the one next to the Courage way tells:"Follow the path of Courage", and the wisdom tells its path. Maybe with a hint, like powerful Monsters (power), hard puzzles (wisdom), and amazing skills (courage) are needed on the specific path.

The superbomb and those bombable walls will be used too eventually, but to hide secrets, hearts containers etc...
You can use many of superbombable walls with the asm I sent you... maybe there's also an item left (e.g., one ring) that you can hide next to HC pieces behind such walls. Unfortunately These superbombable walls only are available on overworld, otherwise I'd say place the red lightsabor behind one... or... idea ;)do you have some overworld Screens left and you can make an Exit on the power path to the overworld?

Edit:
Speaking of an overworld Exit inside the triforce shrine, when watching your current overworld, there is no water yet where the icerod must be used to freeze water and waterblocks. Maybe you can add some further Exits (one with a forest clearing with a superbombable wall to get the red lightsaber, one with a pool where you Need to freeze water and water blocks to continue? Like...
- exiting on power path leads to a overworld Screen with the red lightsabor (requires superbombs to open the cave with L4 sword)
- exiting on Courage path leads to a flooded area where you Need the icebolt (you can Switch gold rod with icebolt in the wisdom path) to receive the green tunic (is this a wrong item here in the Progression list and it must be red or blue tunic)? I think the tunics must be switched: D8: blue tunic, triforce shrine: red tunic since the fire mushroom to follow the Courage path is acquired later
- exiting on wisdom path gives you the ankh... needed is the invisible option of the goldscale when diving on overworld - we unfortunately have no overworld bumbers, but I have an idea: you could block the way with a whirlpool transporting you to the start of the Screen (if possible, but I think you only Need to give in the coordinates in HM). I could make a little asm, that when you're invisible (diving) you will not be warped but just can pass the whirlpool.  
So each of the three pathes leads to a single overworld Screen where you get the best Equipment items. Just let me know what you think - this way we can give all 3 last equip item upgrades and have full uses of all the new items Smile

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Image313

I'll probably insert all new icons tommorow morning or late tonight if I have time!
Alright, I think I can insert the new menu tiles in a short time (but I have real life issues until wednesday, so take your time). If you can manage creating the pics I can also couple the fifth ending Screens on mushroom in this go.
Send me a fresh Rom then please as well. If you can insert the 2bpp gifs into the menu already I can send you a ips patch (if I Need to use zcompress and insert the 2bpp myself, I Need to send the complete Rom back (instead of a patch) and you can't work further in the meanwhile). The 4bpp are uncompressed so These are no Problem. Just attach a bin of These.

Since Euclid works now also on this rom I'll send the update patch to both of you then and tell the addresses I used (which however are only a few and I won't get into Areas Euclid hacks into I think).

One other question I have... the hard route is clear... but on following the easy path you told that the harp is needed to get to the batcave. This however means that you Need to complete the triforce shrine (since you can only get the harp with the triforce). So the 4 endings will not make sense if you Need a complete triforce to challenge Ganon on the easy path.
Or did I misunderstood anything? Like the batcave leads to the optional underverse, but completing the underverse isn't necessary to face Ganon...?

Last edited by Conn on Wed 29 Jan 2014 - 6:12; edited 3 times in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 16:19

Just wanted to note that I edited a lot in above Posts with a bunch of new ideas :p
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 1 Feb 2014 - 14:55

Sorry for the late answer, my brain needed a small break from getting back into hacking! Another month, another story... starting fresh :-P

Good idea with those additional telepathic tiles, I'll surely add them too!

The bosses in the game won't drop hearts, so I'll have plenty of pieces of hearts to hide! We may start the game with five hearts, but most of them will be hidden and require all items we implemented! Those superbombable walls will serve their purpose too eventually.

The Red lightsaber will be hidden elsewhere then the Triforce Shrine, won't disclose it's location thought as I'll leave you guys search for it! The reason for that is that one of the endings will be depending on it! Well maybe everyone but you Conn, since you're going to insert it :-P

I have some overworld screens left and enought free palettes to make other small universes! I may go as far as including an area from Parallel Worlds itself, recapturing the same graphics and essence!

Other possible ideas I have are to create the castle from Mario 64, impersonating Mario as he goes fighting the Helmasaur King or should I say Bowser lol (hey, I already have his paintings and about ten enemies related to the game so why not).

Creating an universe based on the first Zelda game, reusing the same orginal graphics and all and create a complete 8bit sprite of Link into the 16bit snes one lol
^^It would be just like playing the original Zelda 1 game, we already have the Zelda 1 dungeon music by Potentialing which would awesomely fit if I create a dungeon inspired by it.

Good ideas with those exits on the overworld! Especially those ice rod blocks which I keep forgetting even though they are in my testing area lol
For the Triforce Shrine, it could work really well. I'll have plenty of time coming weekend to focus more on everything :-)

Regarding the endings, they all have been changed, won't post them though, I'll leave that in store! Except for you again Conn (aren't you lucky :-P) and RedScorpion who's going to translate/early beta test it soon I guess!

Would be awesome to have the hack released in three languages simultaneously, fully beta tested of course lol

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 1 Feb 2014 - 15:05

I had to change the blue tunic into the first one since that's the way Conker is dressed :-)

The second one will be the red one and kept the green legendary one last!

I played a bit with whirpools a while back and found them easier then thought. Diving under whirlpools is definitely needed if it works!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 2 Feb 2014 - 1:14

Yes, we have 3 items which only can be used exclusively on the overworld only:
- the icerod freezing water
- the superbombable walls (though the superbomb is now featured to work in dungeons, there is no way to make a bombable wall in dungeons to open exclusively with the superbomb - this is only possible on overworlds)
- the L2 flippers on overworld dive through whirlpools (works flawlessly)

So you can hide very Special items with these Features... btw: the cave that contains the ankh should have a HC Piece behind Spikes.

Good to know with the Progression list, I also like green tunic most, so having this as final mail suits perfect for me Smile
Only, when getting the 4bpp galaxy Book out of chest, there is no "R" needed; it's only necessary in the 2bpp menu pixel then (but this is small).
Since the "R" here is a Little bit bad visible I thought about These possibilites: make it either better seeable by giving a black border (and move it a bit) or remap the button to a "L" since this Letter Needs less space. Another solution is to mirror the Image to have most of the letter in the black area.
Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Image515

While I'm about being picky with the menu, I wondered whether you removed the shaft of the morning star on purpose? I find it better having it since it is also shown in the menu item, but this is just me...
Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Image116

Then, how are you going to work with the triforce medal? We have it to block the desert entrance and the warp away guards function. I think you applied the desert entrance opening already to gain Access to the shrine, so we won't Need a further warp away guard there. I'd rather use it elsewhere then, e.g. to block the normal potion shop (as the witch potion shop is blocked by Tingle to use fairy dust).

If I am going to rework the endings, we better be picky, pedantically sure here, that no typo is inside ;)this prevents from having to rework them again during beta testing stage :p

btw: I'm away from 14th February to 4th March (on a cruise), so I have no Internet to help you out during this time...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 2 Feb 2014 - 14:12

Thanks for remainding me about these three items! I surely have some great ideas where they both could be used!

I'll make the R more visible but no need to remap, I'm still using that L hack button by MoN and will keep it for a little while longer.

I removed the shaft on purpose since I didn't liked the animation it had. It may be different in the menu but that's only since I kept the graphics you made :-)

^^This is barely noticeable for everyone that are going to play the hack, beside maybe you who created the item Conn Wink

The Triforce Medal is used at two different places. The first one is in space, it'll open the space dungeon! Using the same praying sequence in the desert in vanilla zelda 3. The second place will be in the south eastern area on the world map, the Triforce Shrine. Outside the shrine, you'll have sprites that need to get zapped using that asm hack of the flute boy disapearring!

Yeah about the endings, I'll make sure there are no grammatical errors present in them like my current ones :-P

Eighteen days without Conn's help... I think I should manage! If not, I'll just play some GTAV instead of hacking and it'll pass :-)
Have a great vacation btw!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 2 Feb 2014 - 15:39

All right, remapping it to L would be a 1 Byte Change but if you're ok with the R we'll Keep it Wink

Your plans on the guards is how I'd have suggested it ^^ I hope you still have my notes about changing the royal guard sprite since currently it still zaps away that guy in the starting room, and I can not remember what to change since it is too long ago. But it is retraceable if you miss the notes (I think 1 Byte at 2 Locations if I remember correctly  Smile

Thanks :p I had the idea travelling to each continent... only antarctica and australia are left missing, so this cruise will go to antarctica. Australia will follow some time later Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 2 Feb 2014 - 21:58

Regarding the idea of adding even more universes and the small universe that's just like parallel worlds.

i think that this would be okay just as long as it is short and sweet and not too long. basically it would just be like a small easter egg or something.

if you make it too big or too long then its just like playing the original game parallel worlds. the thing is that people want to play something new so you don't want to give them what they already played.

so if you do it i think its best to just be an easter egg or something.

wow all of these ideas........ this game is incredible!!!

just think about all the people who will play it and be like............. THIS IS AWESOME!

also try and get as much as music as possible since it will make your game even better!

and maybe even change the enemy graphics too as much as you can.

at first i didnt like the idea of smb sprites in the game, but now i think they would be better than just having the original zelda sprites.

it makes it more fun to play something that is new. ive never killed a gomba with a light saber before........ sounds fun and cant wait to try it!

also SePH is there a chance that you will also help out with Quest for Calatia when your game is done? I know you want to retire, but you are an incredible resource when it comes to overworld knowledge and tons of other things Zelda 3 related. Smile
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 16:00

It's great to know that remapping buttons are only one byte change because I have another use for those L and R buttons in the future, once requested Euclid about it and I'm pretty sure it's possible... the L & R buttons will be used to switch between all your inventory items without needing to open the phone screen everytime. Similar to those Mega man games otherwise ;-)

The notes on the triforce guard zapping? yeah still have them in a pm I think!

You've went on more continent then I'll ever visit in my own lifetime lol

Still haven't set foot on anything else but north america.

I won't be using the world map in the overworlds as the maps of the areas will be drawn directly in the phone screen. So that at least frees up the map button on overworld for other things. The world map in question will be a picture itself and still be part of the new introduction sequence ;-)

Missing are the 2pbb pictures for the story which I haven't made yet and will need to be inserted in hex. And also the rest of the introduction sequence where it goes through certain dungeons rooms, then that part of the game will be also done!

Thanks for your imput Erock, and as for later works, we'll see how time goes, I might still hack but nowhere near anything the scale of recreating another hack this big. But I might still be around to take on other hack requests, finishing my guide, creating evolving areas etc... but as for the fate of Zeldix in the long run, I'll probably leave someone else in charge. I had Conn in mind, but I think he's busy travelling the world so I'll see if there's any candidates around :-P

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 19:17

No matter what don't let Zeldix die.

Its here for all the best Zelda 3 rom hackers.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Tue 4 Feb 2014 - 2:53

I remember hearing about the L/R item switching function - I know there's some weird issue with it but i can't really remember since I was going to do that in PW.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 4 Feb 2014 - 2:56

bszelda1 had the same technique with skipping the item with L and R without having to go into the menu. I dunno however how this turns out in ALTTP.
I did it once for Jan (force the hookshot to the lamp) and it was not easy. You know it's not just changing equipped item at $0202 and $0303, but also force the Symbol into the y-button box that makes your request hard to achieve.

Yeah, I am Kind of a traveller... been in Costa rica, Tibet, complete europe, brazil, Malaysia, egypt, canaries...

Thanks for your imput Erock, and as for later works, we'll see how time goes, I might still hack but nowhere near anything the scale of recreating another hack this big. But I might still be around to take on other hack requests, finishing my guide, creating evolving areas etc... but as for the fate of Zeldix in the long run, I'll probably leave someone else in charge. I had Conn in mind, but I think he's busy travelling the world so I'll see if there's any candidates around :-P
Hell, no! After bszelda I swore not taking ever a Project on my own anymore. I also came here to help you out a bit (due to Red's Invitation changing the item out of chest things). It was by Chance that I stuck around... :p
But there are many People needing a helping Hand here as well, Meogami, Gamemkr etc. So you can be like me, helping whenever things come up but not being responsible for the complete Project Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 4 Feb 2014 - 5:33

Missing are the 2pbb pictures for the story which I haven't made yet and will need to be inserted in hex.

Actually this is not recommended, since one small gfx edit changes the entire hex string and a lot of pointers. All this is calculated by zcompress. So it is best to manage all the gfx changes thorough zcompress. Hex edits are simply needed to change where the gfx will be loaded, but specially for the inventory only, not really for entire pictures.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 18 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Tue 4 Feb 2014 - 13:51

It's quite easy to hook off the drawning routine, I can probably force it to refresh all the time but I dont' know what kind of lag it'll cause.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 4 Feb 2014 - 16:33

No worries Erock, it'll be here to stay even if I would happen to not be in charge anymore.

Not afraid to take plane rides multiple times then I take it Conn ;-P

Haven't taken a single one yet, maybe someday lol

The L and R functions are not an obligation, if it's too hard, no worries! I know MoN had made a simlar item switching mod, that gives you the ability to select two items and switch between the two of them.

Well I meant to use zcompress but edit the screens gfx locations in hex. Pretty much like you said otherwise Puzzledude, since I think that's how it was done in PW. Correct me if I'm wrong Euclid!

Is it possible to change this fsnasm module into a normal asm patch? I know how to compile it with the editor, but I think it would be better to change it in hex directly :-P

Code:
No heart drop from boss
; FSNASM module by Euclid - 16/10/2006
; - makes boss drop nothing no matter what happens
;  but makes crystal drop if the room is tagged with clear level room header
; - side effects:
;  - boss drop nothing, always,
;  - boss will never revive itself even with kill boss again header

.ORG $9EE4F
LDA #$DA      ; give out 5 rupees just in case this patch fails
.end

.code