Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 34 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Erockbrox Thu 23 Jul 2015 - 14:46

One small nit pick that i have is with the sm64 castle entrance floor tiles. Whoever did the art did a great job with the castle but those floor tiles are way off from the original and don't look in my opinion as nice.

Here is a pic of what the real tiles look like

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 34 Super-mario-64%20nit%20pick_zpsk5tmncns

i bet that someone here could redraw them to make them look as in the real game plus i bet it would even take up less space too. heck i could probably even redraw them.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 34 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 34 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Thu 23 Jul 2015 - 16:13

Haven't noticed the floor pattern were like that.

Good idea, it won't take much space actually.

Founder

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 34 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Thu 23 Jul 2015 - 18:48

Don't know where this will be used but probably the DEV's Hideout (the Windows 95 Computer area) or the final dungeon.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 23 Jul 2015 - 18:52

Most probably that windows area!

Sounds like were exploring a computer system XD

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 23 Jul 2015 - 19:03

Also just FYI, I was actually following your project before I was here at Zeldix, heck even before Zeldix even existed. I used to check for updates on your blog. So its nice to see such a long project nearing to be finished.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 23 Jul 2015 - 19:10

Erockbrox wrote:Also just FYI, I was actually following your project before I was here at Zeldix, heck even before Zeldix even existed. I used to check for updates on your blog. So its nice to see such a long project nearing to be finished.
Thanks Erock! It surely has been a wild ride since all those years have passed! Mostly all graphics have been changed since then!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 24 Jul 2015 - 20:12

Been a long long while since I posted anything....................

So here's goes something I once requested to Conn!

8)

He also fixed my swords/tails graphics on that same occasion!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 24 Jul 2015 - 20:29

He also fixed my swords/tails graphics on that same occasion!
Well actually I was the guy who took them away Embarassed
Remember when I took away shield and sword from your uncle? This also took away your sword and shield. I needed to recall the routine which load the gfx them into ram after your uncle left the house...
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 1:45

Alright, thanks for fixing it still then Razz

Here's my feedback for msu v2 Conn!

Some tracks still not playing right or I did a mistake in either my protagonist or native track list, but it works right for the most part.

I'll continue my testing later, time to go sleep a good five hours and then last day of work before vacation begins!!!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 3:35

So is the harp the master sword???

Also sm64 indoors castle theme doesn't seem to fit the overworld area with all the paintings in my opinion. I would think a much darker epic song would be more appealing.

Also I can test music stuff if you need me to since I have sd2snes.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 6:13

Looks good! Only the top triforce isn't seeable...

Some tracks still not playing right or I did a mistake in either my protagonist or native track list, but it works right for the most part.
mh, so most themes play correctly in both overworld and indoors? Then the code is basically alright, but it is possible that I made a mistake at the branchings (check character /entrance if True -> play that theme). Let me know if you can find out more, if not please send me a new version where I can easily access the locations that bug.

Alnog with the fresh version you can also send me a buglist. Noticed issues with the flute map and swimming tiles, so I'll try to squeeze those bugs as well.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 9:40

The magic harp replaced the master sword long before I release the first beta. But since you never reached that part, you never saw it!

The castle inside music will be used inside the castle only. Was just testing.

I dont need anyone to test the msu-1 until the next beta starts since not all entrances and paths are set yet.

Flute map only bugs in bsnes. Works fine on zsnes. Haven't tried on snes9x...

Most themes play right but many dungeons play the same song instead of the songs that are supposed to load.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 20:13

I actually like the idea of the harp replacing the spot of the master sword. I just didn't know about it and was surprised.

I think switching up items like this can be a breath of fresh air because players won't be expecting it.

Keep it up!!!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 20:46

Flute map only bugs in bsnes. Works fine on zsnes. Haven't tried on snes9x
bsnes is close to rh, it will surely bug on sd2snes. I think it was 50/50 on snes9x, sometimes buggy sometimes not. Definitively a bug to fix.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 26 Jul 2015 - 12:11

Thanks Erock! If you think you've seen it all, wait til' you see:

Mr. Sparkle's Drugs Emporium and the Queen Fairy Whorehouse 8)

Two of the last sets that will make it into the game that is but will make the game earn it's mature rating very well!

@ Conn: Bugs Be Gone!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 27 Jul 2015 - 18:47

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 34 Image11_zps2axohf0y

I love doing small tilesets like these from time to time as it gives me a break from inserting the bigger ones ;-P

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Mon 27 Jul 2015 - 19:37

How would this one work since it's side scroller stuff? Like the original Zelda's "basement" areas?
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 34 Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 27 Jul 2015 - 19:43

You'll see in a video once I'm done inserting it Very Happy

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 27 Jul 2015 - 19:51

only way i can see this is to insert some custom asm to disable up and down and only allow left right walking.

for the music i would also take the original smb music from these respective levels.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Mon 27 Jul 2015 - 20:05

for the music i would also take the original smb music from these respective levels.

Or versions that sound like a band rehearsing where there are sour notes and rough edges. Or drunk versions. Or like a record starting and then after a couple of seconds it skips and starts over and over and over again without getting very far into the song.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 34 Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 27 Jul 2015 - 21:26

No asm involved Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 27 Jul 2015 - 22:48

okay fine then you have put guard rails to lock link or mario onto the path right?

also make a joke about conker complaining about how the small bush and clouds are the same smb graphic!!! hahah

Conker: Is it just me or are the clouds and grass the same graphic? Yep, they are. Those cheap Nintendo bastards!

Hhahahahahahaha!!!!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 27 Jul 2015 - 23:10

That's funny cause in all those years I played this game I only noticed this today while adding the graphics in the game lol 8)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 27 Jul 2015 - 23:49

Nothing finalized yet / proof of concept Very Happy

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 0:26

Erockbrox wrote:okay fine then you have put guard rails to lock link or mario onto the path right?
Something like that...

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 34 Image19_zps2nmmudac

I lied earlier when I said there was no asm involved because without NEONswift's two layers on overworlds hack, it would have been harder to create such an universe and create a railing you can't go through Razz

Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next