Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 35 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Erockbrox Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 0:47

neat that you repurposed the fireblade as those fire rollers from smb1. (never would have thought of that)

you might also want to move down the text because its hard to see "thank you conker"

Last edited by Erockbrox on Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 0:58; edited 1 time in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 35 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 35 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 0:52

Thanks! Those rollers will have the same graphics as in mario bros 1, I just haven't got around to do it yet (lotsa stuff to think about the same time lol).

I too noticed that Erock (text hard to read), but then I though once the new hud is inserted you will see everything perfectly Very Happy

Founder

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 35 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 1:02

Kokiri Milk Beer Bar random npc dialogue:

Hey you wanna hear a funny story? (pay me ten ruppes etc...)

-yes
-no

Ever since mister Pocket Crap Station has came to our town, the business has been running low. He first bought our subway station, but it wasn't enough, he still had to rename it into the Sony Sub Station! That damn bastard!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 14:23

I've always knew Tingle was on drugs!

It's 'bout damn time he opens a drug shop....

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 16:02

Don't forget him to block something... "I'm a fairy, I'm a fairy... *sniif... I AM A FAIRY!!!!!" *hehe
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 16:44

I think the weed and beer graphics is a step in the right direction. I think the more outrageous the hack is the better. The fits with the Conker theme and pushes the boundaries because Nintendo would never allow such a thing.

Idea:

Remember the homeless guy under the bridge with the fire. What if the fire were replaced with a weed bong so there is like smoke coming out of the bong.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 17:35

Is he selling pot?
scawful
scawful

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 18:14

I think i know what the cart makers are going to do with this game. they will just make it and put in on a typical cart without sound. honestly they are not going to want to buy a bunch of sd2snes carts and then resell them. they will just do it without sound. trust me that is my prediction.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 18:33

I think i know what the cart makers are going to do with this game. they will just make it and put in on a typical cart without sound. honestly they are not going to want to buy a bunch of sd2snes carts and then resell them. they will just do it without sound. trust me that is my prediction.

And people will still buy it. That is my prediction.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 35 Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 19:20

I know Conn! There's going to have a Tingle selling drugs and a Tingle blocking a path in another universe ;-)

Hell no Moegami! That would be illegal now, wouldn't it Razz

Good idea Erock with that homeless guy!

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 35 Image23_zpsm7dbplnv

Current map of events, as usual, like Zion it is subject to change overtime NOT as I'm fed up of adding new tilesets and want to finish everything during my vacation this very week!

Spin

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 19:42

crazy overworld, seph... crazy ... fantastic Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 20:06

you so need to add the Simpsons music theme to those Simpsons areas!!! Smile

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:00

Thanks Conn!

Something like that Erock, but it's a surprise to everyone ;-)

Meanwhile... that icerod asm finally gets some love!

There was no water in the first closed beta afterall!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 19:42

I like the idea of having an island blocked off by water which requires the icerod to make the bridge to walk across, but can't the flippers be used for such a thing?

I'm assuming that if you want this to work then you don't get the flippers until after the icerod. correct?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 20:44

since the icerod is a pretty strong item and there are two flipper levels it is hard to make it that way getting the rod before a flipper level.
But you are still able to block the shores of an island with hammer pales, water blocks (or other blocks), pegasus stone piles or whatever which requires items to pass
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 21:24

You'll get the flippers inside that dungeon... so yep you get the icerod before.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 30 Jul 2015 - 11:57

I see, since you renounce on automatic magic refill you need however to be careful, that you cannot run out of magic and thus being trapped on an island. Best to avoid this are unlimited magic refillers, like a fairy cave with a pot containing a large magic jar below it. Whenever you reenter the cave, this jar should respawn.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 30 Jul 2015 - 14:24

Not too sure if I'll remove the autorefill afterall because it will be more painstalking then anything testing all instances where you can get stuck in dungeons etc.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 30 Jul 2015 - 16:53

I'm just curious, does the Conker game's magic refill faster than the Parallel Worlds refill???
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 30 Jul 2015 - 18:34

PW had three levels of autorefill depending on your amount of Medaillons (quake, ether, blast). If you have all three the refill was so fast that you could use the cane of byrna unlimited (which however, was also necessary Very Happy )

I think having the autorefill enabled is not a too bad idea due to getting stuck, also the diving needs power. If it is slow enough it also doesn't decrease the difficulty level too much. Maybe I can make it even slower if wished.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 30 Jul 2015 - 21:07

the thing is you cannot have it too slow or too fast on magic refilling. why? because...

If too slow, then people spam the turbo button on the emulator or camp out and wait too much and its annoying.

If too fast, then you might as well have an unlimited amount of it.

I personally like the idea of making it charge only when you have a certain item selected. I think this was possible when I saw a hack by MON? where when you held the book the magic meter charged.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 31 Jul 2015 - 7:02

yes, this is all problematic. But the book to charge is in the end also the same as auto refill without item, you can also cheat by accelerating the emulator (poor sd2snes users). Having no auto refill is maybe the fairest solution but then you must take care to not get trapped. This is ensured in original alttp by the mirror and flute, but if both items are given too late in a hack you must take care of that you have magic jars hidden everywhere at places where magic draining items are required.

A prominent place to see how intelligent Nintendo acutally was is the Ganon fight. You cannot defeat him without magic (lightening the torches), but you can always escape by falling down the pits he opened -> and these are first opened when the torches must be lit.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 31 Jul 2015 - 15:51

My vacation week ends in six days!

But damn, the overworlds are nearly done!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 31 Jul 2015 - 17:08

Okay then, plan out each and every day with what you are going to be working on. Try and have a goal for every day of what you want to accomplish. Post videos or pics when you feel you did something significant. Make the most out of this vacation and follow Erock's Perfect Guide.

-Eat while you work

-Drink less water so less number of pee breaks

-Don't take smoke breaks use nicotine patches instead

-Don't listen to roommates who say you are wasting your life on the computer

-Don't take showers or get dressed, sitting in your underwear all day is okay

-Don't cook it wastes time, just order pizza

-Turn off your cell phone to avoid distracting calls

-Get a good nights rest every night and have wet dreams about saving princess Zelda

-Leave a note on your front door that says "I can't answer the door right now because I'm working on the Pervy Goron Strip Club"

-If you get burnt out write a quick seminar about quitting rom hacking to get it out of your system

-If you get stuck spam the heck out of Conn and he will fix it

If you follow Erock's Perfect Vacation Progress Guide your hack will done in no time at all. Wink
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 31 Jul 2015 - 17:23

I rather follow my old routine:

-puffin on blunts and driking tanqueray
(gains lots of inspiration and focus)

-pee in a cup of tea and trow it out the window to avoid going upstairs and enter a roomate never-ending talking loop which can later results in conflicts if I attempt to go back downstairs
(gains an emptied bladder, avoids conflicts and an epic way to empty yourself!)

-profit! your gain lots of experience and the hack is done in no time

-don't sleep! why going to sleep? you can't! you have to finish what you have started! rom hackers don't have the same life expectancy! 40 years max, after that the heart is pop pop!

if you follow this guide, your hack will be made in no time, but so will your life span!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next