The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 7 Empty The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

Patch Download v1.1:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ippc8co7k0bk8t7/HL_1.1_-_Current_Test_Version.zip/file
The patches need to be applied on ALTTP (US), no header. You need a UPS patcher.

-----------------------------------------------

Hello out there, I'am IntimFuchtler and I would like to show you my Hack
The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

It's my first released Hack ever, changing all Dungeons and some minor Overworld edits. So it's kind of a half Hack.

You can expect:
- New Dungeons
- 2 Extra Dungeons
- New Dungeon Order
- Minibosses
- New to some extend unique Ideas regarding Level Design
- A new Item Order
- New Hud (thanks to the ToT Hud Patch)
- Many other stuff

V 1.1 Level Design Changes

V 1.042
- Level Design Changes, ought to be the final version

V 1.02
- Fixed a possible Softlock in Turtle Rock

V 1.01
- Some minor Changes

V 1.0 Changelog:
- Look at the Readme for more

V 0.96 Changelog:
- Fixed a gamebreaking bug before Level 1
- Fixed a mistake in the Readme
- The Map is now totally screwed up in most of the Dungeons

V 0.95 Changelog:
- Added ingame credits
- Fixed some game important bugs in Level 6 and 8 (thanks to Puzzledude)
- Balanced some things
- other minor stuff

I would like to hear some constructive critic^^

Some other questions of mine, is it possible to create a asm Patch, which will show up a message only one time in a specific part of the room (like NW, NE ...)?
Also i have removed Sahashrahala so the Pendant locations never show up on the map. Is it possible that they will show up after you have met with the priest?

Last edited by IntimFuchtler on Wed 24 Apr 2024 - 8:23; edited 19 times in total
IntimFuchtler
IntimFuchtler

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 7 Image213

Since : 2016-02-12

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy :: Comments

Post Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 8:56 by wizzrobemaster

Pamfafoofle wrote:

I would almost say that chest ought to be switched with the Silver Arrows, so that you have to fight Ganon the first time without them and have no choice but to fall down to get that “bonus” chest.

Thanks to a glitch, Ganon can be killed without the silver arrows, but it makes the fight much harder.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 9:23 by wizzrobemaster

I just found a bug in the Pyramid where if you move into the corner of the pit where torches are placed intersecting each other (i.e. the room with the map compass and boss key), then the game will freeze but you can still save and quit.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 15:19 by Samus1992

I Found a Big softlock in this Hack... lets me explain.

You can't get the Ether médaillon from King Zora after getting the flipper because he's no longer here and you need to Ether médaillon to enter the swamp palace !

idea to fix it: (in the water palace)maybe you can put a fire rod puzzle that open the door to get the first dungeon key. so you will need the fire rod to beat this temple... anyway we need the fire rod to beat the ice mini-boss.

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 3:27 by IntimFuchtler

First of, thank you both for playing and sry for my late reply, I only visit zeldix from time to ime.

wizzrobemaster wrote:So after using HM to observe the lay out and playing some of the rooms, I have noticed there are design flaws that should be fixed:  

-The Pyramid has no exit unless you get through the gauntlet of enemies.

I know this too, but i dont have any more exists to use and the underworld dungeon layout is used to its maximum, i dont really have other layout choices anymore. So players must bear with it. But at this point the bossfights should be pretty mandatory.

wizzrobemaster wrote:
-Make the Magic Mirror completely mandatory and the sooner the better. Without it, the player can get stuck in dungeons.

I dont think so. Thats why there is this mirror barricade before lvl 3. Otherwise you can leave any dungeon at any time before that.

wizzrobemaster wrote:
.This can lead to very punishing game design  where having no magic will result in forcing a save and quit and bosses such as Trinexx and Kholdstare cannot be defeated without magic.

As stated above you can use the mirror if you fight them, except the one in icerod cave.  

wizzrobemaster wrote:
.you placed too many spiked floor tiles, and Vitreous/Geldogger is extremely unforgiving because of this layout.  "Moldorm" is another problem as well.  

Yes, there are many spikes (looking at you lvl 6, but thats also kind of the theme for it), too many in fact (hope my design is better in my current project). And I hope you didnt fight vitti in lvl 6 before 1.0. Although i still find them easy (arrows), although its stated in the readme that this isnt an easy approach.

wizzrobemaster wrote:
.Also, I would like to see Ganon's Tower as the very last dungeon or if it somehow connects to the pyramid.
Another idea is to allow the player to enter the pyramid early, however, they cannot reach Ganon.  You can use the arrow switch as a lock for example.

Nice idea, but I like it as it is now.

wizzrobemaster wrote:
.Non-dungeon rooms cannot use the Magic Mirror. Make sure any puzzles or challenges are in a dungeon based room to allow players to try again.  

The only thing i can think of were someone might get stuck is icerod cave, all other things should be normal.

wizzrobemaster wrote:
.All dungeons need an easy exit if there a entrance from a hole.

I think you mean Pyramid? As I said before, I didnt have any more options too choose from. All other holes have their respectiv exit.

wizzrobemaster wrote:
-Remove the spike block obstacles that require the hookshot. This is exploiting a bug.

Thats not gonna happen. It's a gimmick I use in my design and I couldnt even if I wanted, I had to completly redesign some dungeons. And i more consider this a feature than a bug (stated in the readme how too use).

wizzrobemaster wrote:
-Although it was mentioned earlier, never put a player in a situation where they are forced to take damage when solving a puzzle or entering a room.  

All version were completeable without taking any damage, I did this myself.

Samus1992 wrote:
I Found a Big softlock in this Hack... lets me explain.

You can't get the Ether médaillon from King Zora after getting the flipper because he's no longer here and you need to Ether médaillon to enter the swamp palace !

Oh, thanks for telling, I didnt know that. Propably cause he still checks for flippers collected (didnt changed that), and if you did, then he wont show up again. Thats in fact a game breaking bug.
I wont work on this anymore but I think I should mention this in the readme.

Thank you both for your responses, I hope you had fun playing it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 2:35 by JoshC

Hey there!
Loving this game
I came across what might be a glitch tho...
I went into sarasha's place before I got the bow, got the three available keys
Realized I needed the bow (by watching a YouTube video)
Did the castle, then came back to sarasha's place and don't have enough keys to keep going
Do keys transfer between dungeons? Maybe I used one in the castle that was meant for the other dungeon?
Please let me know if that is possible

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 2:37 by JoshC

I can't get back into the castle to find out

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 2:46 by JoshC

I fixed it by using game genie to get 9 keys, opening the 1 door, turn turning it off
But let me know what I could have done different or if the keys overlap please ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 3:26 by wizzrobemaster

despite the design flaws, i do think this hack is much better than parallel worlds. anyway i would remove the locked door (i.e. either replace it with a shutter door or have an open door instead). that lead to the exit in the pyramid of power. if you fail to kill ganon and do not have the magic mirror, then the game becomes soft locked.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 3:28 by JoshC

I like both a lot
Goddess of wisdom too

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 8:53 by Puzzledude

JoshC wrote:Hey there!
Loving this game
I came across what might be a glitch tho...
I went into sarasha's place before I got the bow, got the three available keys
Realized I needed the bow (by watching a YouTube video)
Did the castle, then came back to sarasha's place and don't have enough keys to keep going
Do keys transfer between dungeons?  Maybe I used one in the castle that was meant for the other dungeon?
Please let me know if that is possible
Yes, this game, great as it is, still has a lot of small problems which will either softlock you or make it impossible to proceed without some cheats. Those keys are one of such things, as the Castle and this cave have the same dungeon definition, so you can use small keys on both and thus make a combination which will not allow you to proceed unless cheats are used. However there is scenario in which you can solve this with no cheast, as far as I know.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 12:02 by JoshC

Sweet man!
Thanks, wicked game tho

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 19 Mar 2018 - 22:17 by JoshC

Just finished the game
Fuck those dungeons were hard!
Great game

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Mon 19 Mar 2018 - 23:02 by IntimFuchtler

Great you enjoyed it, thanks for playing^^

Back to top Go down

Tropylium

Post Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 22:16 by Tropylium

Looking into this now too.

The very barely edited overworld takes a bit of getting used to — already after East Palace I spent a lot of time trying to find Sahasrahla before noticing
Spoiler:
Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Jan 2019 - 12:59 by implicit none

Just finished the game, it kept me quite efficiently from finishing my master thesis, so thank you for that Smile

Here are a few minor bugs I have noticed Wink :
In the dark-world dungeon 3 (swamp palace) in this room you can walk through the closed door on the left if you enter the room from the south.

In Ganons tower if you walk down these stairs and continue to walk south you can fall into the fenced square ending up in an empty doorless room.

The Bunny theme is broken/ only the first part is playing as you can hear at 2:53:00 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxgrrkDCbIA&t=10374s )

Anyway I really liked it  and I had quite some fun playing it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 5 May 2019 - 13:37 by Gothman666

Is it possible to correct the boss room of the desert palace?

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy - Page 7 59334912

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 22:04 by wizzrobemaster

in the desert temple, there are spike blocks that are too close. you need to be almost frame perfect to get safely across, but yes that room in the desert temple needs to be fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 14 Apr 2021 - 22:41 by wizzrobemaster

for turtle rock, i suggest making sure it is impossible to fall into a pit if you can reach a pipe.  also because of how they are designed, i would remove any paths that involve loops in the same square. different rooms should be fine.

as for dungeon items, i would give them more use when applying navigational puzzles while cutting back on random item use that provides little to no challenge such as requiring the hammer for the water dungeon.  also i would move some of the small keys to dead end rooms.  

skull woods has way too many fire bars with invisible narrow paths.  

remove the spikes from drop floors in misery mire (evan gave this feedback in the teamudf video).

other fixes i would make: cut back on the number of small keys in turtle rock to 9 (no dungeon should have double digits). the narrow pits need to be widened to prevent collision issues as well.

ice dungeon has a hookshot spot with spikes which appears too close to a hookshottable target in room 90. I would also remove trinexx in this dungeon because of graphical issues. use a different boss instead.

I would remove the wizzrobe spawn and instead have a normal wizzrobe in the maze room in sahasrahla's house. sometimes they are impossible to avoid.

also in sahasrahla's house, the boss door room before the helmasaur king needs to have tile adjustments because on the east side, they are too close where some collision issues can occur. swap the dungeon ID with the pyramid to prevent shared key paradoxes.

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7