New playthroughs & testing

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Empty Re: New playthroughs & testing

Post by Puzzledude Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 19:02

Long story short, the message board went back in time, after mysterious circumstances.
In other words, users and messages that were deleted prior to a week ago were all fully restored by the magic that is...the forum backup functions!
Smart! I forgot you can do that with the forum. I remember doing this once with Windows. Good thing these programs and forums have "time machines".
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 19:14

Smart indeed, but unfortunately the automatic forum backups are done twice per month so the last valid backup was from nine days ago.

So some posts and members that were made after july 13 might be lost. Last I check, most of them were kept intact.

The restored *Zeldix Magic* and other Trovsky's threads were moved to the admin corner for preservation until we know more about the motifs behind Trovsky's disappearance.

That's all I can tell for know, I'm as blind as the rest of you folks... I just happened to re-login here on the same day which he disappeared...

Sad

Founder

New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 19:53

almost through Superskuj's video. Found some nitpicks ("ice rod" text should be "ice bolt" to match menu, deku seed digging leaves a red tile (which was reported before, but I never was able to reproduce), the thor's hammer out of chest is brown not golden, smartphone menu says "Lost Beach" when you are at map screen there, while the pathway arrows refer to "Lost Desert", a ghost when bowser is exploding, clocktower dungeon plays in screen before vitreous the retro dungeon music (msu1 version).... But such small stuff can always be found. I see no necessarity to fix it.

Last edited by Conn on Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 20:51; edited 2 times in total
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 20:00

Since there's a new page Conn, I feel the need to remind you of your own words in the previous page... for your own sanity! :-P

conn wrote:So, I try to say it in a way maybe Erock Conn understands now:

THE GAME IS FINISHED.

THE GAME IS FINISHED

Very Happy Very Happy

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 20:29

Indeed it is Very Happy
*preparing to sneek away...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 20:48

At least don't delete your account if you do, I'd hate to have to restore the board again, since your posts make up a quarter of all of it lol Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 20:52

*lol, no worries Smile but gonna take a real big break now at least Razz
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 20:55

Just log-off and re-login again in four months.

You'll be amazed at the curative effects! Very Happy

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 6:52

Just log-off and re-login again in four months.
This is what Trovsky should have done. Log out and don't log in anymore, no need to delete anything (and no need to use proxys while doing deletion).

almost through Superskuj's video. Found some nitpicks ("ice rod" text should be "ice bolt" to match menu, deku seed digging leaves a red tile (which was reported before, but I never was able to reproduce), the thor's hammer out of chest is brown not golden, smartphone menu says "Lost Beach" when you are at map screen there, while the pathway arrows refer to "Lost Desert", a ghost when bowser is exploding, clocktower dungeon plays in screen before vitreous the retro dungeon music (msu1 version)
I say this is it. No need to update these minor things.

I'm also tempted to do a Conker "Master quest", with slight edit to only indoors to challenge some speedrunners.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 13:46

Had some freetime, and wanted to enjoy Conker the last time Smile while doing so I ran in dozens of small asm bugs and decided to release a version 1.2.4:

https://www.zeldix.net/t1337-conker-s-high-rule-tail-v1-2-4

Main reason is a misconcept in Parallel Ruins, nobody noticed yet:

Old concept:
New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Old10

New concept:
New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 New10

The key in the old concept is only reachable by the red boomerang, but this room is freely accessible anytime. So you can defeat the boss with getting one key whereever, e.g., in this room right at the beginning:
New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Conker66

Doing so, you will never get the red boomerang. My new concept prevents this. It was pretty hard to alter the room to not be able to swim through the podests, my respect to SePH. I also removed all other pegswitches and spikes in this dungeons (those scelettons in the room with the very first key chest can also be killed with the deku seed. All tested, seems to work Smile
New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Conker70
(Can only be hit by diagonally thrown red boomerang, blocks are for deku seed protection)

Then various other fixes:
- Skuj had a msu1 music change in the clocktower to retro dungeon music: fixed. Problem was the falling in Hera's Tower to Moldrum (room 23, reused here). Since you fall into another room the boss music must end and this happened here.

- red tile in space when digging: fixed

- various monologues: fixed

- Also edited Euclid's map a bit, to show where an avenue leadds to:
New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Conker67
Reading this stuffed map requires a bit intelligence, but once you got it, it is a much greater help to see which Tardis entrance to take (previously there was only standing LVL IX, which is a more or less useless info).

Then I always was disturbed by the small hearts, these are changed to:
New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Conker68

What else... various small asm fixes I ran into...

Oh and this Very Happy
New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Conker69
Yay, no more rusty hammer Razz

Edit:
almost forgot: the new cash:
New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Conker71
Sorry, but the old was just a yellow mess, so I had to give it another color and more contrast...

Guess that's really everything I could do for this game...
I go back into the shadows, have fun Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 23:23

I'm loving the correct colors for the hammer. I didn't know there was a problem with the red boomerang room.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyXB Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 0:53

Playing version 1.2.3 at the moment and found the red bumerrang and finished Chapter X.
Can I change the ROM to Version 1.2.4 without problems with the Save File? Or must I restart when use 1.2.4?

MattyXB
Rope
Rope

Since : 2017-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 5:41

Playing version 1.2.3 at the moment and found the red bumerrang and finished Chapter X.
Can I change the ROM to Version 1.2.4 without problems with the Save File? Or must I restart when use 1.2.4?

Nice you managed to get here Smile
Fotgot to announce it, but MattyXB found a bug with the all-in, posted here at youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3HHTJnynk0
When catching fairies and do not have the shovel, the game freezed. I fixed this and updated:

Al-in:
https://www.zeldix.net/t308-the-all-in-patch

Complete items:
https://www.zeldix.net/t386-brand-new-items-hack

Anybody who uses it, please re-apply the patch

Regarding your question, the new 1.2.4 was more or less only cosmetically, so you surely can use the new version with your old save (srm, not freeze savestate, the freeze will get problems with the monologue pointers).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 6:25

oh my... I was stupid and deleted this door:
New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Conker74
I had the big key when I opened it the first time and didn't know that it was a big key door and found it obsolete to have a "closed door" here (don't worry, that was the only door of this kind I once removed.

Means, SePH's original concept worked great and I restored it. Sorry for this Sad
New playthroughs & testing - Page 3 Conker75

(restored: big key door, peg switch in first key room, spike barrier in 2nd key room, key to grab with boomerang, key door to boss); however I left the diagonal throw Smile

https://www.zeldix.net/t1337-conker-s-high-rule-tail-v1-2-4
(repatched: August, 9th 2017)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyXB Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 12:54

Ok, thx for your work and I think I just play the 1.2.3 Version to the end now, when there only small fixes and the concept was ok.

About the all-in-one Patch:
I found only the bug that Link freeze while try catching a Fairy. And I also read that someone else got the same problems here in that Board, before I played the game. I didn't know that the shovel was the reason.

Now I wonder how I could catch fairies at the beginning from the game. I am 100% sure I catched one (or more) in the 1st Dungeon and it worked great.
It starts at the mountains in a Cave before ToH, that Link freezes. And later (maybe as I got the shovel) it worked again without problems.

But at the end its only great that it work now without errors.

MattyXB
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 13:48

Well, err, the original concept was ok until 1.2.1, then I changed it  accidentally to wrong in v1.2.3, and it is now corrected again in 1.2.4. So it is possible that you defeat the boss and cannot get the red boomerang in 1.2.3 anymore. If you continue 1.2.3 and softlock it you need to cheat for a key with 7ef36F-01.

Dunno about the bottle catching in the first dungeon, but since I figured out the problem with your savestate, it should work now at 100% Smile
Strange is that I fixed it in Conker, but must have forgotten to port the code to all-in. The fix was a copy/paste from Conker actually.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by phaax Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 2:00

Hello, new user here! Didn't really know where I should post this...

From what I've been able to gather there should be new native music in Conker. But as far as I can tell there's only the original ALttP music (unless it's just that only slightly modified somehow)?

I'm playing on a SNES PowerPak, but there's no difference if I load it up in any emulator. Is this a bug or am I supposed to hear the ALttP music? Very Happy

Loving the hack so far!
phaax
phaax
Newcomer

Since : 2017-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 6:09

I think one or two native track are slightly changed, but you really should play the game in msu1 - this is really much more fun!
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 7:43

Hello, new user here! Didn't really know where I should post this...
From what I've been able to gather there should be new native music in Conker. But as far as I can tell there's only the original ALttP music (unless it's just that only slightly modified somehow)?
Nice avatar new user, - and no, there is no new Native music in Conker, well some minor tweaks which you will not notice anyway, like the Hyrule Castle music (should be) playing at a slower rate etc. But this was all dropped due to MSU-1, which prevaled on music hacking for this game. However it seems quite some players are having problems downloading 1.2GB of necessary files (including intro Video) and have problems on setting up MSU on special emulators.

Nice work on 1.24 Conn, let's hope this is the (very) final version. Smile
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by phaax Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 8:55

Puzzledude wrote:Nice avatar new user, - and no, there is no new Native music in Conker, well some minor tweaks which you will not notice anyway, like the Hyrule Castle music (should be) playing at a slower rate etc. But this was all dropped due to MSU-1, which prevaled on music hacking for this game. However it seems quite some players are having problems downloading 1.2GB of necessary files (including intro Video) and have problems on setting up MSU on special emulators.

Thanks!
Ah, what a shame. I was looking forward to playing this with a new native soundtrack. But it's understandable that MSU-1 was favoured due to its flexibility. If I only had a SD2SNES!

I had no problems downloading the MSU-1 data and setting it up, but I haven't touched that ever since I started playing it on my SNES. Playing on a real console is so much more enjoyable. Smile
phaax
phaax
Newcomer

Since : 2017-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 9:23

Playing on a real console is so much more enjoyable.

If I only had a SD2SNES!
Sure. However playing it on actual console and also having MSU is somewhat new, as the support for MSU was added not too long ago and indeed only the SD2SNES is capable of doing this as far as real hardware goes. In emulation only BSNES and Higan were capable of playing MSU, until Qwerty brought out snes9x with MSU support.

That's the main problem with MSU since you need somewhat specific emulators/devices and a lot of additional files. However hacking the native music which would avoid all this, is much more limited and more difficult.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyXB Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 16:14

I fell a bit lost now in this game (finished Chapter X and near complete everything from XI (Only Boss Rush and Ganon missing). But Ganon seems to hard for me right now, he is so fast in his last Phase and I also can't track him with X.

I miss many Items I think. Maybe I need a small spoiler or help, what I should get next.

Items I have: Silvers (Ganon never freeze?), Red Bumerang, Super Bomb, Powder, 1 Magic (X Blue), Mushroom (Fire Rod), Hammer, Roc Feather, Triforce Medaillion (Book), Shovel, Seed (Somaria), One Ring (Magic Cape), Crystal Key (Mirror), 3 Belts (Bottles).
Sword Lv3, Tail Lv2 (Shield), Green Hero Tunic (Best?), Storm Trooper Mask, 15 (??? not sure what this is) and Meth Dust (also not sure).
Rings x15-9 (not sure what this means)
Lift3, Spin3, Swim2, Dash

I found Bart with flute, but he dissappear when I go near him. Also I dig everything in the grass infront of the house. But you can't see the digging holes there. Also the door to Bart Simpsons didn't stay open, I must always use Super Bomb again. Must I dig the flute somewhere to find it, or miss I something else?

Did I need the flute? Or must I find the best Sword or all Rings for best Tail (Lucky Shield?) or other Items which seems I miss many after see the Secrets Spoiler pdf?

MattyXB
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 16:21

You need to get the galaxy book in dungeon 2 and read it (press continuing X if it is too much text), then 2 new pathways are written in your notepad. Walk these in the lost desert and you find the required items, like byrna. With this item, ganon is a childgame.

Oh and 15-9 means that you have 9 human rings+6 other rings=15
5 dwarf rings and the one ring, 7 dwarf rings can be found, if you have 20 you can get.... well figure it out yourself Wink
The 9 human rings are listed extra since these are quest rings from dungeon bosses, without you cannot access the tardis.
I think I will update my walkthrough a bit to explain this stuff. It really requires some knowledge if you didn't code it Very Happy

15 in your menu is the amount of full heart containers, the red bar below the heart pieces, 4 resets the bar

Meth dust means the magic upgrade, you can have a yellow and a blue bar upgrade, dunno which was meth dust. If your magic meter is blue, this is the strongest
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyXB Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 17:00

Dungeon 2 Phony Substation? I was in every rooms and found every Item, but no Galaxy Book? Is there a Secret exit somewhere? Or is this the wrong Dungeon? Or did I miss something?

MattyXB
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 17:11

It is in the sony, I think in a room where you need to defeat all monsters. if you have the compass, GPS, Rooms with missed chests should appear yellow on your map, search for this room.

Ganon is tractable if you keep X pressed all the time btw.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next