PCM request: Super Mario World Restored

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PCM request: Super Mario World Restored Empty PCM request: Super Mario World Restored

Post by Relikk Fri 5 Feb 2021 - 13:03

I'll keep this updated as time passes and as new tracks become available. Bearing in mind the volume balancing is rough and will be worked on periodically, also. Obviously it's early days with this project and tracks will no doubt be tweaked by their authors as some of them don't sound quite right just yet.

There is a folder called "Extras" that contains tracks that aren't included in the MSU1 hack, but are there if you want to listen to them using qwertymodo's foobar2000 PCM playback plugin.

Original Super Mario World patch (by Conn): HERE

MSU+ and combined MSU+ & SA-1 patches (by Colines, updated by Conn 9th Feb): HERE

Recommended Windows emulators for MSU1 hacks: BSNES Plus, Snes9x

Completed PCM folder link: HERE*

*If you are using an older version of either the MSU+ or combined MSU+ and SA-1 patch and the music is too sounds way too low in volume, update your patch from the link above as the volume levels are different than Conn's original patch and the updated MSU+/SA-1 patches.

Done (as of 2nd April 2021):
1 - Athletic
2 - Overworld
3 - Swimming
5 - Boss Battle
6 - Underground
7 - Haunted/Ghost House
8 - Fortress
9 - Player Down
10 - Game Over
13 - Invincible
18 - Bonus Game
19 - Prologue / World Clear
20 - Bonus Game Cleared
30 - Title Screen
31 - Wandering The Plains
32 - Yoshi's Island
33 - Vanilla Dome
34 - Star Road
35 - Forest Of Illusion
36 - Valley Of Bowser

Original YouTube playlist found HERE.

Credits: The Brickster, Moola, michael02022, unknown, Excalibur624, shutdown, daypeecone & MichaelOST.

Last edited by Relikk on Fri 2 Apr 2021 - 4:31; edited 24 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

PCM request: Super Mario World Restored Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

PCM request: Super Mario World Restored Empty Re: PCM request: Super Mario World Restored

Post by SHUTDOWN Fri 5 Feb 2021 - 14:38

Damn dude, that was quick. I'm the guy who made the restorations for Wandering The Plains, Bonus Game and Underground. Those were only uploaded like an hour ago!

SHUTDOWN
Newcomer

Since : 2021-02-05

Back to top Go down

PCM request: Super Mario World Restored Empty Re: PCM request: Super Mario World Restored

Post by Relikk Fri 5 Feb 2021 - 14:39

SHUTDOWN wrote:Damn dude, that was quick. I'm the guy who made the restorations for Wandering The Plains, Bonus Game and Underground. Those were only uploaded like an hour ago!

Just some looping and a rough estimate of the volume needed for the game (I'll sort all that out properly once everything is released). Takes me a couple of minutes per track. I've edited the original post to give credit to everybody involved thus far. Thank you all for your work!
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinierto Fri 5 Feb 2021 - 21:21

Relikk wrote:I'll keep this updated as time passes and as new tracks become available. Bearing in mind the volume balancing is rough and will be worked on periodically, also. Obviously it's early days with this project and tracks will no doubt be tweaked by their authors as some of them don't sound quite right just yet.

There is a folder called "Extras" that contains tracks that aren't included in the MSU1 hack, but are there if you want to listen to them using qwertymodo's foobar2000 PCM playback plugin.

Original Super Mario World patch (by Conn): HERE

Completed PCM folder link: HERE

Done (as of 5th February 2021):
1 - Athletic
2 - Overworld
3 - Swimming
6 - Underground
8 - Fortress
10 - Game Over
13 - Invincible
18 - Bonus Game
30 - Title Screen
31 - Wandering The Plains
33 - Vanilla Dome
34 - Star Road
35 - Forest Of Illusion
36 - Valley Of Bowser

Original YouTube playlist found HERE.

Credits: The Brickster, Moola, michael02022, unknown, Excalibur624, shutdown & daypeecone.

Holy mackerel you are awesome. So this is a dumb question, if I already have a Super Mario World MSU-1 set from here, do I just replace the tracks, or are there other files that have to be added/modified?

Dinierto
Rope
Rope

Since : 2021-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 6 Feb 2021 - 4:05

They match the naming scheme for the existing patches so you can just replace them if you'd like. Conn's patch contains SPC fallback also, so you can create a new folder and copy your patched ROM and MSU file to it, and for whichever tracks are currently missing the original music will play instead.

I haven't investigated the MSU+ patch yet, but any necessary changes (if any) will be performed when everything is released and finished for the original patch.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinierto Sat 6 Feb 2021 - 10:24

Relikk wrote:They match the naming scheme for the existing patches so you can just replace them if you'd like. Conn's patch contains SPC fallback also, so you can create a new folder and copy your patched ROM and MSU file to it, and for whichever tracks are currently missing the original music will play instead.

I haven't investigated the MSU+ patch yet, but any necessary changes (if any) will be performed when everything is released and finished for the original patch.

Just tried it last night, excellent work Smile

I'll be keeping my eye on this project to see what tweaks get made- it's already amazing so it can only get better. I think the only thing I noticed with the PCM pack was that it needs normalizing which we all knew anyway.

Dinierto
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 6 Feb 2021 - 10:26

I tweaked the volume a bit today while there's some downtime between track releases. Check them out again. They should be closer to the original SPC audio now.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinierto Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 11:16

Relikk wrote:I tweaked the volume a bit today while there's some downtime between track releases. Check them out again. They should be closer to the original SPC audio now.

Okay I did a quick playthrough of a few worlds. The volume is definitely improved and consistent across the new tracks. However in my opinion they're still a tad low- for me to turn it up enough to hear them properly, sound effects are now too loud proportionally. Also when I enter a level that has default music, like the Ghost house, it seems louder (and appropriate volume). Thanks for giving us a chance to try it out Smile

Dinierto
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinierto Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 11:17

SHUTDOWN wrote:Damn dude, that was quick. I'm the guy who made the restorations for Wandering The Plains, Bonus Game and Underground. Those were only uploaded like an hour ago!

Thank you for your hard work! I saw that some tracks from All-Stars got uploaded recently so now I'm stoked about these!!!!!

Dinierto
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 11:19

The two All-Stars tracks are the only ones they're doing for the time being, apparently. I assume they're concentrating on finishing the SMW tracks first, which is a good idea.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperFeistyFox Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 16:03

I look forward to this Soundtrack! Does anyone know if the MSU-1 patch works with this SA-1 patch? https://github.com/VitorVilela7/SA1-Pack/releases

SuperFeistyFox
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2020-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 16:08

Polargames posted a topic in this forum that combines the two.

https://www.zeldix.net/t2229-smw-sa1
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperFeistyFox Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 16:10

Relikk wrote:Polargames posted a topic in this forum that combines the two.

https://www.zeldix.net/t2229-smw-sa1

Thanks!

SuperFeistyFox
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2020-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by saviorx Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 20:02

I appreciate the good work being done here, but the volume is way too low. I was wondering if you can provide the original pcm files so I can adjust the volume myself? Thanks.
saviorx
saviorx
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 20:11

The volume is equivalent to the original SPC soundtrack if you're using Conn's patch, but I did notice JUD6MENT's audio for the MSU+ patch by Colines was a bit louder. There shouldn't be any difference between them, but I haven't fully looked into the MSU+ side of things yet. Which patch are you using? Or are you on a Rev. F or lower version of SD2SNES that needs volume boost enabled in the configuration menu?

There's an adjustable tool here you can use for PCM volume.

Emulators for PC... BSNES (higan etc.) and SNES9X 1.60 output volume at the correct level when compared to real hardware. For SD2SNES Rev. F or lower your volume boost should be set to +9 or +12 to match later revisions and emulator volume levels.

Last edited by Relikk on Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 20:32; edited 1 time in total
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Brickster Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 20:19

I figured a mod like this would come, sooner or later, and I, and the rest of the team, approve of it! Thank you for making this a mod. We hope to have all tracks be done, eventually.

The Brickster
Newcomer

Since : 2021-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 20:34

The Brickster wrote:I figured a mod like this would come, sooner or later, and I, and the rest of the team, approve of it! Thank you for making this a mod. We hope to have all tracks be done, eventually.

Thanks for making the tracks available. Much appreciated. We look forward to what's coming in the future.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by codemann8 Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 22:14

Oh, I already made these tracks, I haven't placed many of the tracks into any particular slots yet but waiting on everything to release yet until I figure out where to put everything. I did mashups of the tracks that have Yoshi versions. I also included the 2 tracks from All-Stars and it is up to date with the latest release of Haunted House, which is amazing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ONd16gr_ltu0_eNZB6y9gi4DAHo00aj/view?usp=sharing

codemann8
Newcomer

Since : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by saviorx Sun 7 Feb 2021 - 22:38

Relikk wrote:The volume is equivalent to the original SPC soundtrack if you're using Conn's patch, but I did notice JUD6MENT's audio for the MSU+ patch by Colines was a bit louder. There shouldn't be any difference between them, but I haven't fully looked into the MSU+ side of things yet. Which patch are you using? Or are you on a Rev. F or lower version of SD2SNES that needs volume boost enabled in the configuration menu?

I'm using the patch that's for sa1+msu. I'll try the other patches you mentioned, thanks. I'm using snes9x.
saviorx
saviorx
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 3:59

So the MSU+ patch, which is used with the combined SA-1 patch, does indeed have a drastically different volume level than Conn's original SMW patch linked in the first post. The PCM's play at a much lower volume and need to be boosted by at least +12db. I'll edit the original files and boost the volume for that patch and add them to a separate folder in the MEGA link.

Last edited by Relikk on Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 4:40; edited 1 time in total
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 5:48

Okay, I've added a subfolder for PCM's for the MSU+ and combined SA-1 patch to compensate for the lower volume, for the time being.

Conn has updated the MSU+/SA-1 patch to correct the volume to normal levels, so the boosted PCMs will no longer be needed. We understand that the patches are hosted on other sites like ROMHacking and SMW Central, but if you're using the MSU+ or combined SA-1, please re-download the patch and apply it to a fresh ROM and use the original, normal PCMs as we try to limit the amount of PCM packs needed due to volume differences. The boosted PCMs will be removed in time.

PATCH LINK
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinierto Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 9:48

Relikk wrote:Okay, I've added a subfolder for PCM's for the MSU+ and combined SA-1 patch to compensate for the lower volume, for the time being.

Conn has updated the MSU+/SA-1 patch to correct the volume to normal levels, so the boosted PCMs will no longer be needed. We understand that the patches are hosted on other sites like ROMHacking and SMW Central, but if you're using the MSU+ or combined SA-1, please re-download the patch and apply it to a fresh ROM and use the original, normal PCMs as we try to limit the amount of PCM packs needed due to volume differences. The boosted PCMs will be removed in time.

PATCH LINK

Thank you for your hard work! This is awesome, I'm going to re-patch and make everything from scratch later today and check it out. Did you see the Ghost House music was released?

Dinierto
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 9:51

Dinierto wrote:Did you see the Ghost House music was released?

Yep. It was added last night. Track 7.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinierto Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 14:02

Relikk wrote:
Dinierto wrote:Did you see the Ghost House music was released?

Yep. It was added last night. Track 7.

Perfect, I just tried the latest version and everything sounds great Smile

Well done!

Dinierto
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 14:05

Good to hear. Everything should be plain sailing from here on in. Just need the rest of the tracks now.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next