Super Mario World MSU+

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Super Mario World MSU+ Empty Super Mario World MSU+

Description:
This patch is in contrast to Conn's hack compatible to most patches offered at SMW Central. Furthermore, Luigi has a different speech and the overworld has different themes.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Patch:
Download

Unofficial:
Download (SA-1 Restored)

PCM Sets:
PCM set by Colines/Kiddo
YouTube Preview

JUD6MENT SMW+ Orchestral PCM Set v.2 (updated June 6th, 2022)
Mirror Link Download
YouTube Preview

New Super Mario Bros. Wii Version by snes-forever.blogspot.com

Super Mario World Odyssey Version by snes-forever.blogspot.com

3D-World version by snes-forever.blogspot.com

Turning Off Custom SFX / OW Music:

If there is a wish to disable either Mario/Luigi speech or the OW Music feature, please refer to the ASM file for such. Do note that for changes to take effect, you need to assemble the file right into the ROM image with Alcaro's Asar:
Code:
!LuigiSFX = !True ; !True = Activate alternative SFX songs for Player 2, !False = No alternative SFX songs for both players
!OWMusic = !True ; !True = Activate OW Music patch by smkdan, !False = Deactivate multiple songs on Overworld

IMPORTANT SIDENOTE: There is 3 different MSU-1 patches for Super Mario World that each accomplish slightly different thing. Each set has PCM sets that are designed for that specific patch. Do not mix PCM sets with the wrong patch. For quick links to the other SMW MSU-1 patch pages, follow links below:
SMW Original MSU-1 https://www.zeldix.net/t1436-super-mario-world#21209
SMW MSU-1 Plus Ultra https://www.zeldix.net/t2535-super-mario-world-msu-1-plus-ultra-130-tracks-total

Last edited by Colines on Fri 12 Mar 2021 - 15:49; edited 5 times in total
Colines
Colines

Super Mario World MSU+ Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Super Mario World MSU+ :: Comments

Conn

Post Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 19:10 by Conn

Lol, I can't hear a difference, but tested with a street fighter pcm (that rocks Razz ), and indeed theem 52 is played there. So all is good from my side and I can't confirm a bug then.

Back to top Go down

Colines

Post Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 19:17 by Colines

You may try to drag and drop the OW Music folder contents on top of the files again, to make sure you haven't done the other way around (having put Kiddo's on top of OW). =)

Remember, Chocolate Island starts with a guitar jam Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 20:55 by Conn

Ah, I compared with two savestates in the middle of the themes, the beginning is indeed different. And I tested on snes9x1.55, so all good from my side Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Colines

Post Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 21:45 by Colines

Phew, that's great news.

So darthvaderx, you must have done something wrong or your system is just weird.

Additionally, you might still be using an old patch version where the OW Music simple doesn't exist. If that's the case, do the following:

1. Download the zip archive from this section, extract its contents;
2. Inside it, there is a folder containing the patch, apply it to a clean unaltered .SFC smw rom image (it should be 512KiB in size) and save it at the same place, inside the folder;
3. Grab Conn's PCM pack and drop the files also inside the folder.

After that, just use an emulator of choice to load it.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 5:06 by Conn

Unfortunately, the download link came along with a patched rom, so I had to remove it.

Nice finding however. Could you or anyone remove the rom out of that archive, upload it on your own drive and post the new link again? Then we can release the pack here as well.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 16:47 by JUD6MENT

What is the difference between Mario World MSU+ and Mario World (Native) patches?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 17:21 by Conn

There are more tracks in the plus version, like Mario and Luigi have their own level complete theme and such. You can watch that in the gameplay videos.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 19 Mar 2019 - 1:24 by JUD6MENT

Conn wrote:Unfortunately, the download link came along with a patched rom, so I had to remove it.

Nice finding however. Could you or anyone remove the rom out of that archive, upload it on your own drive and post the new link again? Then we can release the pack here as well.

Im uploading it to my google drive now without the rom in it, so I will share the link in about 30 minutes

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 19 Mar 2019 - 2:27 by JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 19 Mar 2019 - 5:01 by Conn

Much thanks, Jud6ment, I added your link to first post Smile

Back to top Go down

diegoshark

Post Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 9:33 by diegoshark

Two more versions of snes-forever.blogspot.com.

- Links moved to the top, thanks -

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 10:55 by Conn

@ diegoshark: much thanks for the contribution.
Luckily those links were de-romed Very Happy
I cleaned the first post a bit up.

Last edited by Conn on Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 10:57; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 10:56 by pev

Conn wrote:I cleaned the first post a bit up.
I was trying to make everything look the same. Meh, what ever works for you, I guess. Wink

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 11:02; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 11:00 by Conn

I was trying to make everything look the same. Meh, what ever works for you, I guess.
whoops, so I guess we worked parallel on it and I destroyed your half-way finished work to make it look more uniform? Razz

If you like you can reverse my changes, no objections here Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 11:01 by pev

@Conn Nah, we are good. I prefer the cleaner look. Does not take so much space on the screen. Smile

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 5:53 by JUD6MENT

I converted my Super Mario World native PCM pack to include the new tracks and voices needed to be SMW+ version (and adjusted the volume level since this rom patch requires louder tracks than the native one).

SMW+ Orchestra PCM Tracks presented by JUD6MENT:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ZrgH2f97I-ZMp8VgBJgo5tYu8XRrgUP/view?usp=sharing

YouTube Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAxWbX8O_2Q

Even though some song choices are the same as other PCM packs available, I often do my own music editing to improve the soundtrack for the video game setting. For example, the Underwater Theme and the Underground Theme have new tempo changes, I changed the loop point, and the volume of the quieter section of the songs have been improved to be clearer to hear. I put a lot of care into my tracks. I also have plenty of new tracks, especially for the overworld map sections. My videos always have timestamps in the comment sections to hear each new track for yourself. Hope you enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 6:32 by Conn

Done, as always much thanks for your contribution Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 20 Jun 2020 - 8:34 by darthvaderx

Can this be integrated with SMW+? In addition to several power-ups it converts it to SA-1.

Unfortunately now I can't do a test here to see if they are compatible.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 20 Jun 2020 - 9:15 by Conn

I think you need to contact colines to answer your question. Strange is that the asm has sa-1 support and the readme says v1.5 removed it again.
I can't tinker myself on it since the patch includes several merged patches and has a size of over 100kb.
The native patch is much shorter and thus has a greater chance being compatible

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 22 Jun 2020 - 1:23 by darthvaderx

Unfortunately they are not compatible.

Back to top Go down

ABOhiccups

Post Wed 23 Dec 2020 - 12:40 by ABOhiccups

Are you going to update a patch with SA-1 Support after SA-1 Patch for Super Mario World was updated on GitHub 7 days ago?
https://github.com/VitorVilela7/SA1-Pack/releases

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 23 Dec 2020 - 14:45 by Conn

I didn't see colines here in ages, so probably it's best you try to pm him so he gets an email notification

Back to top Go down

Colines

Post Thu 24 Dec 2020 - 18:05 by Colines

ABOhiccups wrote:Are you going to update a patch with SA-1 Support after SA-1 Patch for Super Mario World was updated on GitHub 7 days ago?
https://github.com/VitorVilela7/SA1-Pack/releases

I suppose I could take a look at it. SA-1 support was initially halted because it was found at the time the SA-1 Pack wasn't hardware compatible, though this has been fixed for ages.

While no release is put into works, you still might use SA-1 and MSU-1 by inserting the ASM file manually to a recently SA-1 patched fresh SMW ROM.

There may exist a few quirks with it (OW Music integration is faulty, busy flag poorly implemented), but it should work most of the time Razz (Conn)

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next