Parallel Worlds text glitch

Go down

Parallel Worlds text glitch Empty Parallel Worlds text glitch

Post by qwertymodo Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 18:11

I'm doing a playtest of the Parallel Worlds/DX patch, and I came across this text glitch in the cave above ???'s house (i.e. Link's house in the Icy World).  I loaded the save with the original PW ROM, and it's also there too, but can anybody else confirm that this was an existing glitch in PW and not my doing?

Parallel Worlds text glitch Cb7iMqd
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Parallel Worlds text glitch Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Parallel Worlds text glitch Empty Re: Parallel Worlds text glitch

Post by Puzzledude Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 18:21

Yes, this can be confirmed. The first row is too long (too much letters in one line) and should be reduced. However PW is accesible through hex only, so it is really not recommended to do all the work needed to be done to fix this (since the game also has some other bigger problems than this). For instance the biggest 2 problems are: door which crashes the game in Saria's gardens boss room and dark world church area - can walk right or left and out of the frame (scroll bug).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds text glitch Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 20:03

Yeah, I'm aware that there are existing bugs. I'm not really planning on fixing those (in addition to the ones you mentioned, the boomerang would be on the top of my list, since the boomerang makes the armos knights a ton easier, but I always skip it so I can get the magic boomerang later), I just wanted to be sure I wasn't introducing *new* bugs.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 7:20

I just wanted to be sure I wasn't introducing *new* bugs.
Good to know.

in addition to the ones you mentioned, the boomerang would be on the top of my list, since the boomerang makes the armos knights a ton easier, but I always skip it so I can get the magic boomerang later
That's actually easy. Change the standard boomerang into the Red boomerang in the sewers and the one in the dark world will go to 300 rupees automatically. Should anyone skip this chest, they'll get the red boomerang in the dark world (but I doubt anyone would want to open this chest, assuming it is a standard boomerang inside).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds text glitch Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 15:39

Actually... I just got bored and I think I might have actually debugged the boomerang Very Happy

This one will definitely need a full playthrough to bugtest though...

PC 0x03B5B2: $F0 -> $80  (beq -> bra)

Edit: nope, that breaks things... I started a new thread here
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down