Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good

Post by JackMonty on Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 5:04

@ qwertymodo - will you be making your script \ conversion tools available to the public? I have alternative Secret of Mana music files and Mega Man 7 music flies that are "too loud" - if you want I can upload them if you would rather perform the fixing yourself, if you have time - thanks

JackMonty

Since : 2015-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo on Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 9:57

Have you already converted and looped them? The tool I used for the volume adjustments isn't online, but the tool I use for the full conversion process is here.
qwertymodo
Administrator
Administrator

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by JackMonty on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 8:57

At the moment the files are fully working, they already loop and are in pcm format (not my handy work I have to add) - alas they are too loud as I'm sure the music was sampled at a higher volume. Can anything be done or is it a long process of converting them back and then reducing the sound? I can post the packs online if needed?

JackMonty

Since : 2015-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo on Mon 17 Jul 2017 - 14:35

Added aLttP DeMastered. Once I get a little more time to fine-tune and playtest, I'll upload the graphics patch that goes with it to the MSU-1 hacks section.
qwertymodo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by emuandco on Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 18:51

I updated the DKC2 Remix Pack or better, completely remade em from the originals. No more clipping and used the tools mentioned here with the mentioned settings. More news can be found in the order.txt in the archive. Waaaaay better on my RevE, errr RevF, err RevG, err RevH SD2SNES ^^
HERE
IPS Patch
emuandco
VIP Member
VIP Member

Since : 2014-10-20

http://www.dreimer.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 5:27

Awesome Very Happy
I updated
https://www.zeldix.net/t795-donkey-kong-country-2#8878

(replaced the files on my google drive account and put your links as mirrror there)
Conn
Zelda God - Administrator
Zelda God - Administrator

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo on Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 14:02

Sweet, that's one less for me to do. They definitely needed to be redone from scratch, but I could never find the original source files.
qwertymodo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by smokemonster on Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 22:48

Thanks for the fixed version, emuandco Very Happy
smokemonster

Since : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by emuandco on Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 8:03

qwertymodo wrote:Sweet, that's one less for me to do.  They definitely needed to be redone from scratch, but I could never find the original source files.

You can find em (or better the d/l location) in the archive from now on, but they were here: http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2073&p=42348 too ^^ Well at least the ones still available after a few years... I had to reuse ONE I did not find anymore. The beginning fanfare, but this one was not clipping afaik. Was a while ago I made the pack. ^^
emuandco
VIP Member
VIP Member

Since : 2014-10-20

http://www.dreimer.de

Back to top Go down

Post by vacantplanets on Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 21:52

Hey,

If anyone is interested, I just found an awesome new Genesis style Mega Man X cover by Gecko Yamori/Savage Regime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CzkswHHxQI

I downloaded the .VGM files and converted them to WAV and I'm hosting it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbs8qaoiatbgtp9/Mega%20Man%20X%20%20Genesis%20style%20by%20Savaged%20Regime.zip?dl=0

Also, I noticed that there isn't an updated version of Krzysztof Słowikowski's guitar covers of Mega Man X3. It would be great to have an updated version of X3 Zero Project. I hosted the WAV files from his site here if anyone is interested: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2lYWBs1GuFaOF9MRHBEMElkRkU

Can't thank you all enough for doing this stuff!
vacantplanets

Since : 2015-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkShock on Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 13:50

smokemonster wrote:Thanks for the fixed version, emuandco Very Happy

I tried DKC2 with your newest pack and the big boss music didn't play Sad I am the only one with this problem ? Tested on a SD2SNES Rev.F with borti op-amp board
DarkShock
ROM Hacker
ROM Hacker

Since : 2014-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo on Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 16:12

I had started on Krzysztof Słowikowski's MMX1/2/3 packs awhile back but stopped when I saw they were available for purchase on his Bandcamp (I did post MMX1 because he had a free download of that linked from his Youtube channel). What I didn't realize was that he has the "no minimum" option enabled so they can be downloaded for free, so I'll go ahead and finish those up and get them uploaded. I'll probably take a shot at the Genesis version too if I get the chance, but it'll take awhile (at that point we're talking ~150 tracks to convert between the 4 packs). We'll see how far I get before I burn out again.
qwertymodo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkShock on Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 17:28

I should problaby do MMX2, I think I still have the original files before editing them. Right now I'm back on editing files for Rockman & Forte, should be done this weekend when I go back on it.

I can't wait for any person to do the MMX Savage Rein pack, his Genesis remixes are really good!
DarkShock
ROM Hacker
ROM Hacker

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono on Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 17:13

Hey DS...no plans on finishing the other one ..that is almost like chrono tirgger..
THE Akutoreiza.........Act Raiser..hmm maybe not!!!
kurrono

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkShock on Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 17:40

I shall return to ActRaiser someday, it's a unfinished business!
DarkShock
ROM Hacker
ROM Hacker

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono on Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 19:41

I managed to increase loudness on the mp3 i got from youtube page https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svWGSOT17XA.. remember DS..he never did better quality songs for you...so,i got it ahain there ..but. I increased the decibels +3 recomended..sounds louder now.. im goin to test it with the file u gave in the past
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono on Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 20:06

My mistake 3 decibels was too high .it mess up parts of the songs..too xtra loud..i did it again on 2.5 decibels..that is better ..loud but good
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum