Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good - Page 6 Empty Re: Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good

Post by smokemonster Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 22:48

Thanks for the fixed version, emuandco Very Happy
smokemonster
smokemonster
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good - Page 6 Empty Re: Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good

Post by emuandco Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 8:03

qwertymodo wrote:Sweet, that's one less for me to do.  They definitely needed to be redone from scratch, but I could never find the original source files.

You can find em (or better the d/l location) in the archive from now on, but they were here: http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2073&p=42348 too ^^ Well at least the ones still available after a few years... I had to reuse ONE I did not find anymore. The beginning fanfare, but this one was not clipping afaik. Was a while ago I made the pack. ^^
emuandco
emuandco

Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good - Page 6 Image213

Since : 2014-10-20

http://www.dreimer.de

Back to top Go down

Post by vacantplanets Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 21:52

Hey,

If anyone is interested, I just found an awesome new Genesis style Mega Man X cover by Gecko Yamori/Savage Regime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CzkswHHxQI

I downloaded the .VGM files and converted them to WAV and I'm hosting it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbs8qaoiatbgtp9/Mega%20Man%20X%20%20Genesis%20style%20by%20Savaged%20Regime.zip?dl=0

Also, I noticed that there isn't an updated version of Krzysztof Słowikowski's guitar covers of Mega Man X3. It would be great to have an updated version of X3 Zero Project. I hosted the WAV files from his site here if anyone is interested: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2lYWBs1GuFaOF9MRHBEMElkRkU

Can't thank you all enough for doing this stuff!
vacantplanets
vacantplanets
Witch
Witch

Since : 2015-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkShock Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 13:50

smokemonster wrote:Thanks for the fixed version, emuandco Very Happy

I tried DKC2 with your newest pack and the big boss music didn't play Sad I am the only one with this problem ? Tested on a SD2SNES Rev.F with borti op-amp board
DarkShock
DarkShock

Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good - Page 6 Image111

Since : 2014-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 16:12

I had started on Krzysztof Słowikowski's MMX1/2/3 packs awhile back but stopped when I saw they were available for purchase on his Bandcamp (I did post MMX1 because he had a free download of that linked from his Youtube channel). What I didn't realize was that he has the "no minimum" option enabled so they can be downloaded for free, so I'll go ahead and finish those up and get them uploaded. I'll probably take a shot at the Genesis version too if I get the chance, but it'll take awhile (at that point we're talking ~150 tracks to convert between the 4 packs). We'll see how far I get before I burn out again.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good - Page 6 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkShock Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 17:28

I should problaby do MMX2, I think I still have the original files before editing them. Right now I'm back on editing files for Rockman & Forte, should be done this weekend when I go back on it.

I can't wait for any person to do the MMX Savage Rein pack, his Genesis remixes are really good!
DarkShock
DarkShock

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 17:13

Hey DS...no plans on finishing the other one ..that is almost like chrono tirgger..
THE Akutoreiza.........Act Raiser..hmm maybe not!!!
kurrono
kurrono

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkShock Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 17:40

I shall return to ActRaiser someday, it's a unfinished business!
DarkShock
DarkShock

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Thu 10 Aug 2017 - 19:41

I managed to increase loudness on the mp3 i got from youtube page https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svWGSOT17XA.. remember DS..he never did better quality songs for you...so,i got it ahain there ..but. I increased the decibels +3 recomended..sounds louder now.. im goin to test it with the file u gave in the past
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by emuandco Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 10:25

DarkShock wrote:
smokemonster wrote:Thanks for the fixed version, emuandco Very Happy

I tried DKC2 with your newest pack and the big boss music didn't play Sad I am the only one with this problem ? Tested on a SD2SNES Rev.F with borti op-amp board

Wooops... seems like I forgot one pcm file... will check what happened later.

New one with the missing file is uploading right now. @Con in 30 mins you have something to fix on your mirror.... sry ^^
emuandco
emuandco

Fixing all of the too-loud audio packs for good - Page 6 Image213

Since : 2014-10-20

http://www.dreimer.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 13:14

@Con in 30 mins you have something to fix on your mirror.... sry ^^
No worries, already updated my mirror with dkc-21.pcm

I'd wish somebody will create DKC 1 anytime in the furure. I really love the life in the mines sound. I think it is one of the best spc ever made (next to zelda ending themes Wink ).

Unrelated, there are so many mega man msu1 versions already that I thought it would be better to split the jum'n run database and make a separate Mega Man database
https://www.zeldix.net/f52-msu-1-database-mega-man

Oh, and RedScorpion managed to make me Secret of Evermore MSU asm. I think he already prepares the pcm:s, so stay tuned Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 2 Sep 2017 - 0:02

kurrono, if that pack is the one being used here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M52OFyX8cu0 then please fix the volume levels.  Also, if you're speeding up the "last track" music yourself, you've sped it up way too much, only about 15-20% would be correct.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Sat 2 Sep 2017 - 0:09

Yes i was using Audacity for almost everything qwerty...but somebody uoloaded 3 different versions of mario kart pcms already...
1.One Ups ukule style guitar and jazz music...
2.Poulygon remixes...
3 .Remastered mixes...
4 will be my unique combined style mix..
Qwerty let me know if u still want mines ..im goin to fix it .if u want me to..
I like mines. More but. I love so much vanilla lake song..so lovely.

My songs only work on,sd2nes and ur snes9x ..and it doesnt work on bsnes..it plays the regular snes music..that got me sad..bsnes dont like me
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 2 Sep 2017 - 2:45

bsnes requires a manifest. So does higan, unless you rename your files in a very specific manner, then they work without the manifest. Try this, saved to a file named the same as your rom, but .xml (e.g. if your ROM is smk-msu.sfc, then your manifest should be smk-msu.xml)

Code:
<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?--><cartridge region="NTSC">
   <rom>
      <map mode="shadow" address="00-3f:8000-ffff">
      <map mode="linear" address="40-7f:0000-ffff">
      <map mode="shadow" address="80-bf:8000-ffff">
      <map mode="linear" address="c0-ff:0000-ffff">
   </map></map></map></map></rom>
   <ram size="0x800">
      <map mode="linear" address="20-3f:6000-7fff">
      <map mode="linear" address="a0-bf:6000-7fff">
      <map mode="linear" address="70-7f:0000-ffff">
   </map></map></map></ram>
   <necdsp revision="uPD7725" frequency="8000000" program="dsp1b.bin" sha256="4d42db0f36faef263d6b93f508e8c1c4ae8fc2605fd35e3390ecc02905cd420c">
        <dr mask="001000" test="000000">
        <sr mask="001000" test="001000">
        <map address="00-1f:6000-7fff">
        <map address="80-9f:6000-7fff">
    </map></map></sr></dr></necdsp>
   <msu1>
        <mmio>
            <map address="00-3f:2000-2007">
            <map address="80-bf:2000-2007">
        </map></map></mmio>
   </msu1>
</cartridge>
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Sat 2 Sep 2017 - 2:48

It works now...awesome
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 18 Sep 2017 - 13:32

I already talked with qwerty via pm, that the bszelda and little affected also AST pcm files were a bit too silent. The settings were made to ALTTP volume where the music is in the background and the sfx in the foreground. This made it hard in bszelda map1/2 to understand what is said, when e.g. throwing the sword. The sfx covered the msu voice.

I amplified now the files by qwerty for map1/2 by 7.5 db and AST by 3.5 db. It should be much better now to understand the voices:

map1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B68bmgtrAXQARVEyMUdzZ0ZNeG8

map2:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B68bmgtrAXQAQ2VoTVdCdkJOamM

AST:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B68bmgtrAXQAeTZGUXRObmNsdUU
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 20:44

I'm finally done with my patch to substitute the spc with pcm files for Ancient Stone Tablets:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3YAcoWoOm9VdTJOSXFXN2FsM00

In contrast to the English Dub, in this version you have alike ALTTP music changes in dependence of your location.
I uploaded in my drive the "normal" ALTTP version amplified to value FF, but I'd actually prefer having the ALBW pcm set

Qwertymode already adjusted it (first post in this thread):
http://www.mediafire.com/?kggx1xt9pp23y3k
But I think some themes are still way too loud (e.g., overworld, 1st AST dungeon), while the cave theme appears to be at the same level (I directly compared by having 2 snes9x open, one with the ALTTP (FF adjusted) and one with the ALBW soundtrack.

Can you confirm, Qwerty, and if yes, is there a chance that you adjust them a bit lower?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious611 Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 21:36

Hello! I'm Insidious611, the main developer for FF6 Dancing Mad MSU-1.

A contributor to said project linked me to this thread, as we were already in the process of normalizing many of the tracks and adding the fixed packs as part of our installer. (See this github issue)

qwertymodo, I hope you don't mind if I add your normalized tracks for FF6 to the download path on my server/mirrors? You'll be properly credited.

Insidious611
Rope
Rope

Since : 2017-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 22:03

Hello Insidious611, glad to see you're still working on the project Smile  Absolutely, feel free to use the tracks I posted here.  I actually posted them to your project thread awhile back, but I never saw a reply there, so I was worried you'd disappeared.  They are shorter loops than the OCR ones you're currently using, so if you like the loops you already had, you might want to treat them as completely separate options.

When you're doing your normalization, I highly recommend using nongnu normalize because it uses RMS normalization instead of peak, which is what you want for this kind of application.  I actually wrote up a batch script awhile back that did exactly that, but I'm not sure where it ended up.  Basically, you want to read the loop point from the MSU-1 header, then remove the header and replace it with a standard PCM WAV header.  Then you have a standard .wav file which you can feed into normalize.  Then just pull off the WAV header and copy the MSU header back on.  It's pretty simple.  From my pack, I found a value of -18dB seemed to be correct for FFVI.

Thankfully, now that ikari has updated the hardware on the SD2SNES (and has a firmware workaround for older hardware), the properly normalized audio files should work everywhere.  If you have people complaining that the audio is too SOFT on the SD2SNES after you normalize the files, tell them they need to enable the MSU-1 audio boost in the SD2SNES menu.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Edit: Here's my pcm2wav utility in C++.  Should be simple enough to port to your language of choice:  https://pastebin.com/PqEg2bdq
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious611 Sun 8 Oct 2017 - 5:22

As to my disappearance, I've been checking back from time to time. I was a bit discouraged by my inability to work out fading or fixing the opera, plus life, work, and a litany of other projects got in the way. I've just recently gotten back into the swing of things, partly due to moving the project to GitHub in an (apparently successful) attempt to solicit more testing and help from like-minded developers.

Insidious611
Rope
Rope

Since : 2017-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 23:44

It has been brought to my attention that apparently I made a typo in my ALBW OST config and normalized the whole thing at -12dB, not -21dB.  I must have fixed it locally, because I couldn't figure out why people were still complaining about it being too loud Sad

In any case, after giving it a little bit closer listen, I actually think -24dB works better for most of the aLttP track packs, at least ones with really full instrumentation, because at -21dB, even though the level actually matches the original, it still seems to muddle the SFX a little.  At -24dB, everything comes through nice and clear while still sounding balanced.  So, if you've been using my ALBW OST pack... my apologies, go ahead and re-download it now.

Edit: I take it back, -21 really is the right level. I might go back and lower one or two tracks individually, but -24 is too low for a lot of the tracks. Reverted Drac9's pack to -21, I'll give ALBW a closer listen tomorrow.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by smokemonster Sat 14 Oct 2017 - 18:20

Thanks, could you please give a list of the ones that you've fixed?

Have you updated any others lately? I'm trying to keep my sets up-to-date.
smokemonster
smokemonster
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 14 Oct 2017 - 22:57

above post refers to albw set for alttp as the only having issues. You can re-download it from the first post in this thread or, I also listed them here
https://www.zeldix.net/t791-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by smokemonster Sat 14 Oct 2017 - 23:13

Thanks, Conn. I wasn't sure if that was the only one. Thanks again for keeping up on these, qwertymodo Very Happy
smokemonster
smokemonster
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 14 Oct 2017 - 23:31

A while ago I also fixed map1
https://www.zeldix.net/t793-bs-zelda-map1-english-dub
And map2
https://www.zeldix.net/t794-bs-zelda-map2-english-dub

The audio was too silent in comparison to the sfx. If you redownload from these links they're fixed, but dunno whether they're updated in the first post of this thread already
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next