Bugs and Fixes

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bugs and Fixes Empty Bugs and Fixes

Post by Floki Fri 28 Oct 2016 - 18:55

Think you have found a game breaking bug or something really annoying? Share your thoughts in here and if Conn or Euclid are still around, they'll provide ips patches for the bugs found.

If there's too much bugs, all the ips patches will later be combined to give a proper 1.1 release.

Don't count on me much through to modify either the overworld or dungeons to your tastes, I'd like to enjoy my retirement a long while longer!

Floki

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Bugs and Fixes Empty Re: Bugs and Fixes

Post by Conn Fri 28 Oct 2016 - 19:42

Note:
There is no obligation to any of us main developers (namely, SePH, Euclid or me) to address any reported bugs. The game is quite stable after 3 testruns, but I will give maintenance for some time (2 months maybe) before I retire for good as well. I will list fixed bugs here, and provide an updated merged patch. This can be either applied by anybody or can be merged into a v1.1 version if it ever comes to that.

Rules:
Edit your post in case you discover more bugs. If I can fix anything, I will edit your post and cut&paste it into this post. Do not post 200 nitpicking stuff, especially if it has to do something with design. SePH is retired after 8 years of work on this project (Erock, please read that twice). Rather post asm related bugs that either Euclid or I are able to fix

Found bugs:

- lengthen the ending slides to match with voices (requires qwerty's new tracks).
- vaati's swarm disappears if they fly outside the screen
- bat cave - the bat doesn't show up graphically.
- sometimes dashing around in overworlds with speed or beer will crash your game during overworld transitions.

Fixed bugs:
v1: Tardis boss rush moldrum - if you move off screen (i.e kill him at the bottom of the screen then move to the top of the room) - his head doesn't die properly - causes you to have to tardis key out of there and start again.
v1: If you fall in a hole as bunny link in Parallel Tower ruins you reset as link.
v2: get rid of Trixie's monologue when releasing bees on her.

Fixed patch:
Attachments
Bugs and Fixes Attachment
conker_final_v2.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 12 times

Last edited by Conn on Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 6:20; edited 4 times in total
Conn
Conn

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 7:41

Somebody deleted the post. When releasing bees at trixie (Dave), they fly to her, and she gives you money. Also the firerod obtained monologue pops up. My fix disables the monologue, but she'll still give money.
So I wonder, which native sprite trixie is?
Conn
Conn

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 9:29

Oh right.

That's the bottleman!

Floki

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 13:04

Interesting, I guessed that, but the bottle man (goron pee) is somewhere else, so I got confused. Also interesting that trixy exchanges 2 bees, and then no sprite slots for rupees are left ;Razz
Conn
Conn

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:41

Didn't knew about that, so interesting to know!

Andy found many bugs in his 24 hours twitch playthrough of all things zelda, so will probably try to fix all those before releasing 1.1, so don't really care at this point if it's not exactly released on the 31st on RHDN.

Will do one last sweep of bugs and stuff and release it later.

Floki

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 17:32

Lord SePH wrote:Didn't knew about that, so interesting to know!

Andy found many bugs in his 24 hours twitch playthrough of all things zelda, so will probably try to fix all those before releasing 1.1, so don't really care at this point if it's not exactly released on the 31st on RHDN.

Will do one last sweep of bugs and stuff and release it later.

I guess it is true what they say - only the one who is playing a game completely blind can actually find all the bugs we missed. Because we knew how to solve it and he didn't, so he found some more bug situations that were otherwise unknown.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Bugs and Fixes Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sumotherguy Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 17:40

Puzzledude wrote:
I guess it is true what they say - only the one who is playing a game completely blind can actually find all the bugs we missed. Because we knew how to solve it and he didn't, so he found some more bug situations that were otherwise unknown.
You're quite right. That was my post that got removed. I figured if nimbus worked on the x-wing blocking level I after you return there then it might be used elsewhere. Still haven't managed to find a way into that damned strip club.

sumotherguy
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2015-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 17:48

Still haven't managed to find a way into that damned strip club.
Only because you were not one of the authors.

To free you from your desire to go into the stripclub, if you press number 1 or 2 while on the emulator, you can see how the area actually looks like. The entire strip club is actually a co called "solid" object, like all buildings.

In Hyrule Magic, when you press the "warp" button as this is a double layer overwolds strategy, you can see no entrance definitions. I hope this clears it up for you. The game then explains this as "no squirrels allowed" as said by the sprite in front of the door.

But I would also like to have a strip-club dungeon. It was just never made/or other dungeons were already using all the indoor rooms.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Bugs and Fixes Image213

Back to top Go down

Post by sumotherguy Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 18:17

Puzzledude wrote:

To free you from your desire to go into the stripclub, if you press number 1 or 2 while on the emulator, you can see how the area actually looks like. The entire strip club is actually a co called "solid" object, like all buildings.

In Hyrule Magic, when you press the "warp" button as this is a double layer overwolds strategy, you can see no entrance definitions. I hope this clears it up for you. The game then explains this as "no squirrels allowed" as said by the sprite in front of the door.

Bugger. I had my suspicions about it not actually having an interior and that's a pretty thorough explanation of why it'd be impossible. I suppose I'll look for the last heart container elsewhere.

sumotherguy
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2015-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 19:32

you could try talking to the windows of the strip club... maybe this eases your frustration of not getting inside  Wink
Conn
Conn

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by TylerDurden Sun 11 Dec 2016 - 12:15

Bugs and Fixes Captur10

TylerDurden
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2014-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 11 Dec 2016 - 15:31

I don't think SePH will bother to fix this one.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Bugs and Fixes Image213

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 11 Dec 2016 - 16:24

Jupp an Erock bug, though the fix is easy, just some solids on bg1 so that you cannot reach the wall coming from the back.
Conn
Conn

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 11 Dec 2016 - 17:26

Some strange bug happened at 3:53:23 in the youtube video below.

The player tried to use the shovel in the simpsons area and got stuck and strange things happened.

Looks like he used the shovel and then pressed L or R while using the shovel.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Bugs and Fixes Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 11 Dec 2016 - 20:47

I can confirm the bug as I reproduced it.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Bugs and Fixes Image211

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 11 Dec 2016 - 21:01

Found something really interesting with using weed and the tardis key warp.

Probably a conflict with the hdma weed and hdma warp.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Bugs and Fixes Image211

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 2:03

Bidadum-badadidadum-bidadim-bidadum-pom-pom-pom-ba-dum-bing-dong-biding-pong-piding-pong-pom-pi-pom-pim

Floki

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 3:42

Ok, I think I can easily fix that tardis key thing (just disable it in case you used weed). Though this is a real small bug and not game-breaking.

We know about the shovel bug but we were unable to reproduce in Snes9x. Which buttons do you press? If you have better instruction let me know, I even made the speed to 6% and wildly pressed all buttons. Nothing. If it is not reproduceable in snes9x I cannot do anything. Except: if you confirm it is L/R switch dependent I can disable it while shovel use (that is a blind bug fix then).

The other of your tail-bugs (disappears on using powder and such)... I'm tempted to show SePH's video again here Wink
Conn
Conn

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 4:24

OK, here's the fix:
- disable hdma effect when tardis key
- disable item switch on shovel use
- disable item switch on hookshot use (to not let the tail vanish
@_@)

I hope this fixes the shovel bug Very Happy

SePH, please dl and apply it too on your latest version
Attachments
Bugs and Fixes Attachment
new_fix.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
Conn
Conn

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 4:38

I recreated the shovel bug by wildly pressing L/R and other buttons like A,B,X,Y while the shovel is in the digging animation.

I believe this bug only happens if you don't have every weapon/item in the game. If you look at Patty's and my video we only have some items and not all. So I believe you need to have some empty item slots in your menu for this bug to happen. Try it again without full items and see if you can reproduce it.

Also I can confirm another bug if you get on red platform (deku platform) and use roc's feather and then get hit with spikes while still on platform then if you fall you will soft-lock the game and cannot save, but must reset. You have to not have the lucky shield (conker tail) for this to happen since lucky shield makes you pass through spikes. Happens in starwars dungeon with storm trooper.

And I also hear a sound bug in the star wars space dungeon. Sometimes the sound effects for Conker's sword are at a normal level and then at random times his sound effects go super quite. Like the sound effects volume keeps changing randomly. I can post a video if you want. This was on real hardware with msu1 applied just FYI.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Bugs and Fixes Image211

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 4:41

Bidadum-badadidadum-bidadim-bidadum-pom-pom-pom-ba-dum-bing-dong-biding-pong-piding-pong-pom-pi-pom-pim

I actually send that video to America's Got Talent and The Voice TV shows and they wanted to give me a recording contract for a new album.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Bugs and Fixes Image211

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 12:32

I suggest you apply my above posted patch and see whether it's fixed. It disables L/R during shovel use. I retried with the same items you have in that video, but again, not reproduce-able on my side. If it's not fixed with that patch, nothing I can do anyways.

lso I can confirm another bug if you get on red platform (deku platform) and use roc's feather and then get hit with spikes while still on platform then if you fall you will soft-lock the game and cannot save, but must reset. You have to not have the lucky shield (conker tail) for this to happen since lucky shield makes you pass through spikes. Happens in starwars dungeon with storm trooper.
Already fixed in 1.1 Wink
Conn
Conn

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 5:35

This is what I did. I got the lift two powerup and then as a bunny got the triforce medal without ever getting the storm trooper helmet and then tried to get into the star wars dungeon.

Turns out you can. I don't know if the fix you did Conn solves this that you did for the small elf character in the parallel tower place.

I did this on a slightly older version so you may have to try and see if this also happens with your most up to date one.

Also you don't have to fix this next one, but I just thought it was interesting. If you never get the sword (bat) the triforce shrine combination in the lost dessert doesn't work.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Bugs and Fixes Image211

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 9:14

I fixed the first bug a looong time ago for 1.1.

Would you please apply above posted new_fix to your rom, as I already suggested? This brings your rom to 1.1 asm standards, so you won't post already fixed bugs 5 times.

The 2nd would be something for Euclid, but there is no reason to fix this, as you certainly have the sword when this area becomes relevant. Also many things require the sword in native alttp (not only save function, but also all medaillons and such).
Conn
Conn

Bugs and Fixes Image212

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next