Street Fighter II: The World Warrior

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior - Page 3 Empty Street Fighter II: The World Warrior

Patch (v5 - 06/26/20):
DOWNLOAD

PCM Packs:
Relikk "Arcade" PCM Pack: DOWNLOAD
Undertaker 3DO PCM Pack, transmitted by Polar: DOWNLOAD

Last edited by kurrono on Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 13:50; edited 1 time in total
kurrono
kurrono

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior - Page 3 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior :: Comments

Conn

Post Sat 20 Jun 2020 - 6:47 by Conn

I fixed K's patch as much it was in power/interest (e.g., no fading). Play with my turbo/tnc patch if you want these features.

Here's the new patch:
https://mega.nz/file/kyx3lA5J#67h69yXyMWi_nh8-udDLB5ujZa0EMTYgb6V8PbN4dcI

Music stops now after each battle/pause press

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Thu 25 Jun 2020 - 9:15 by alex_tenjo

Sure, the patch of of Street Fighter II is less evolved that the one made for the Turbo and the Super version. I have post about that game because I like to play the prime sometimes.

Thanks for taking time to fix it despite your lack of interest. The pause issue is now addressed, but the music continue to play still on the world map after a bonus stage. I have also noticed that it is the same when you enter the option screen, music do not stop as the original. Of course, those are not ground breaking issues, the game is 100% playable, and I have reported them only because I have noticed them.

Thanks again for the time you have spent.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 25 Jun 2020 - 13:58 by Señor Ventura

alex_tenjo wrote:Thanks for taking time to fix it despite your lack of interest

Loss of interest sounds a bit better xD

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Thu 25 Jun 2020 - 14:08 by alex_tenjo

Señor Ventura wrote:
alex_tenjo wrote:Thanks for taking time to fix it despite your lack of interest

Loss of interest sounds a bit better xD

Yes that is true, you are right. I wanted to express that I understand why that particular game and patch is not the most exciting one present on the website.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 25 Jun 2020 - 14:42 by Conn

The pause issue is now addressed, but the music continue to play still on the world map after a bonus stage. I have also noticed that it is the same when you enter the option screen, music do not stop as the original. Of course, those are not ground breaking issues, the game is 100% playable, and I have reported them only because I have noticed them.

Uh, I definitely fixed that. I also test played Ohmygod

I'll check one more time

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 25 Jun 2020 - 15:06 by Conn

https://mega.nz/file/MjoFzZzC#oI6Bofx54pXjj6sPmFdGWbTiBACOZX5gmAZFMMaOeTY

- Music definitely stops after bonus stage (map is mute)
- from menu into options will mute as well

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 25 Jun 2020 - 15:38 by Señor Ventura

@Conn One thing that i like of the "world warrior" version is that everytime you begin to play the first opponent is always different.

In the "turbo" version the first rival is always the same... (U) version is blanka, and (E) version is zangief.

I supose it did'nt existed an definitive version of the game in snes.

Last edited by Señor Ventura on Thu 25 Jun 2020 - 17:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Thu 25 Jun 2020 - 17:03 by alex_tenjo

@Conn Many thanks for making a new version that solve everything, and thanks also, for making it that quickly.

I please have one last request for that game if possible. You have fix pause, bonus stage and options menu, and, one collateral effect is that music now stops and restarts on the beginning of each round (which is the normal way because it is how the original game works). However, I really liked the fact that on your previous version, the music does not stop between rounds with the same opponent (like in arcade versions). So if by any chance you could be interested to make an optional patch that let the music plays it will be wonderful.

Thanks again for you current patch anyway, even if it is less advanced than the other patches made for the series, it is really awesome to use it.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 6:05 by Conn

@alex: such requests sound easy but they are a harder nut than you might expect.
The music stop code (f6) is executed after each round (draw exception and so on). So I had to differ between anybody has won 2 rounds to let the music stop. Then the bonus round is special as well.

Anyways, check this patch. I also had to rework the native patch since Kurrono put the msu stuff "somewhere" in a not free region. @brutapode, the code shift might have brought compatibility. But the old place was no-good.

Arcade+ native:
https://mega.nz/file/tyIWmKiT#KZLjIOKm9DBqj8KdCX5hx6nbAqgvM2SXGiTZ1h88S94

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 13:35 by alex_tenjo

@Conn Brilliant, many thanks for making it possible.

I was not expected that my inquiry will be as easy to complete (when I think about code, everything is complicated for me). By reading you last comment I somehow figure how complex it was.

Regarding the patch itself after some tests I did not encounter a single problem, everything is perfectly working as intended. In the end, you last updates allow a more complex and options for that game (of course the Turbo and Super have more refinements, but I think it is great that every Street Fighter II version have something to offer).

Many thanks once again for your time.

I have made a patch for the Japanese version (arcade based) that I have post in my MSU1 Region Compatibility topic, but I have a problem to attach the updated zip file, once I click Submit Query, nothing happen. Does anybody know what could be the problem?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 13:41 by Conn

Yeah, I think about updating this patch with fade, but then we're good, yes? Smile

Where is your region topic? I can check permissins...

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 14:28 by alex_tenjo

Thanks! I do not see that coming, I will try you patch with fade right now and let you know.

That version will end better than the other ones xD.

My topic region is on the MSU-1 General Discussion section (but I will update SF2' with your last patch if I can make it compatible).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 14:33 by Conn

The settings are ok, you should be able to attach anything. Maybe there's another problem like exceeded attachment space. Try maybe attach it to this topic (just to see whether it works). Maybe that's also a temporary problem with zeldix right now.

Edit: space is ok 23 of 500 mb used. After selecting an attachment you need to select send to the right of select file. First thereafter send the message. (Just ensure that is not the problem)

Edit2: works:

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 15:35 by alex_tenjo

Your patch is working perfectly. I Have just finished the game twice (once with the US version an once with the Japanese version using the edited patch I have made).

Thanks again for that polished version, I agree with you without a doubt, we are good.

Regarding the attachment, I cannot attach it unfortunately (I cannot send a message once I have browse for something). The problem might come from my side, I will try to figure out what happen.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 16:57 by Conn

Nice Very Happy

You could also make a Google drive or mega.nz with all your patches (requires only a fake mail address to set that up). I would add that then permanently in section like translation/merged patches.

E.g. translation:
https://www.zeldix.net/f98-translations

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 17:30 by alex_tenjo

I finally manage to attach my file, it was a browser problem (I was guessing something like that from the beginning but I have not test it before now).

Anyway, thanks for the offer, I will try set a public Dropbox folder then I will come back to you if I end with something reliable.

Back to top Go down

talbin

Post Sat 9 Dec 2023 - 14:31 by talbin

Everything sounds good with the arcade audio pack but I felt like there wasn't a big enough change to the original audio.

Using the 3DO pack, the sfx are extremely quiet and the music overtakes the game. Anyone else feel like that's the case?

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3