Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom

Go down

Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom

Post by Conn on Sun 28 Oct 2018 - 11:56

f anybody is interested, attached is the asm for Lufia 1: Fortress of Doom

To map the themes, make a X breakpoint at 008E2F
$00/8E2F C2 20       REP #$20                A:001C

Then write the new value in A: (e.g., 1C is for the intro). There are no more than $24 tracks in the game.

There is also a spc fallback. Unfortunately there's also a code problem, the intro $1C can't be made to msu without the game crash. Means, leave $1c (pcm: -28) as spc fallback, give no track.
I do not know whether this problem is also present at other places (e.g., ending). I don't think I cna do anything here Sad
All other stuff appears alright though

Update:
There might be the chance that I fixed the intro problem. The problem is that the advancing is depending on the value of the apu, that is disabled in msu mode.
I found another counter that should work, but the intro now takes a bit longer (it does not match the apu sync), but this is the best I could make to enable $1C and $1B for msu use.

Please test this second test if the intro can be made suitable with this. Note that the intro pcm (1b (title) and 1c (intro)) must be made longer to match the new time...
Attachments
luf1_test2.ZIP You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Last edited by Conn on Sun 4 Nov 2018 - 7:38; edited 3 times in total
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom

Post by Conn on Wed 7 Nov 2018 - 13:51

Out of curiousity since nobody jumped on that train yet... is it possible to get pcm for this game or are there problems (like no remakes available or such)?
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Wed 7 Nov 2018 - 19:03

There are no officially released arranged soundtracks, and there are no updated remakes of the game, like there was with Lufia 2.

Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Wed 7 Nov 2018 - 23:15

@Conn. I know this might sound like a dumb question, but is Lufia 1 a RPG game? The reason I ask is I had understood that a person cannot use cheat codes at all because its messes with the track listing correct. If cheat codes can be used, I would be more then happy to give it a shot for you. :-)
Polargames
Crystal Maiden
Crystal Maiden

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 13:54

Lufia1 is of course rpg.
Cheat codes can be used on any game.

I found some youtubes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja60rt15jz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-GIgpXqz-A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHmjfqiif4k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPuoDI4Qn-w

Maybe this here includes some more?
http://ocremix.org/game/156/lufia-and-the-fortress-of-doom-snes
http://ocremix.org/game/156/lufia-and-the-fortress-of-doom-snes/remixes

Ah well... maybe somebody can make a google doc and we can collect some themes. In the end we are also maybe able to use some themes from lufia2? Dunno...

Last edited by Conn on Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 5:02; edited 1 time in total
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 22:07

@Conn, Sweet Thank you for letting me know that. I will start on it asap for you. :-D
Polargames
Crystal Maiden
Crystal Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 5:10

Thnaks, let's see how that goes Very Happy
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Sun 11 Nov 2018 - 23:58

@Conn, I had forgot to ask you did you just want the music tracks maps or did you need a full game play? The reason I asked is because I stink at rpg's, but with cheats I think I can get threw it. I just wanted to ask you. Thanks and I hope you have a great day. :-D
Polargames
Crystal Maiden
Crystal Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 5:38

The complete playtest will first be necessary as soon the pcm:s are mapped and created... but I am not sure this can be reached (I only found 5 remastered tracks so far).

So you need to make a X breakpoint in bsnes at 008E2F and write the new track value in A (as soon the breakpoint is hit), then you hear the new theme and can map it (you also need to check whether it loops (plays forever or stops at a certain point):

Last track should be $24
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT on Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 13:51

Does this game have enough remastered sound tracks to be msu-1? I found somewhere around 12 on youtube but that is only like a third. Im certain i can find more if i looked though.
JUD6MENT
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 15:19

There are $24=36 tracks in the game. that you were able to find 12 remastered is impressive!
Maybe it wasn't all for naught. I just coded because it was so easy and similar to lufia2.
I hope there's a realistic chance that we can finish this hack. It has also spc fallback and maybe some lufia2 themes are so similar that they can be used?
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 23:47

Conn wrote:The complete playtest will first be necessary as soon the pcm:s are mapped and created... but I am not sure this can be reached (I only found 5 remastered tracks so far).

So you need to make a X breakpoint in bsnes at 008E2F and write the new track value in A (as soon the breakpoint is hit), then you hear the new theme and can map it (you also need to check whether it loops (plays forever or stops at a certain point):

Last track should be $24

Cool, thank you very much for the new info Conn. I will get right on it Very Happy
Polargames
Crystal Maiden
Crystal Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 20:25

@Conn, I think I may have it done for you. I am not sure, the number 24 had poped up in the break so that's why I think I am done.
Code:
A:001c intro
A:0002 Skip intro
A:001c Made name, music continues as far as I can tell
A:001d game introduction music has stop with video, Non loop?
A:001d whent down stairs
A:0004 starting battle
A:001f battle over with
A:0004 went into castle coradoor
A:001a Went into blue hole
A:0018 First fight sintal
A:0016 the 4 sintals where beat by circle majic
A:0024 Recovering all of our team, Music I think is not looped?

I did my best on it, so if I am not done that is fine, just let me know where I need to look at. Hope you have a great day
Polargames
Crystal Maiden
Crystal Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 20:41

Great thank you Smile
I think however tracks 00-$24 (36 tracks in total) are used, I suggest above technique for mapping and finding the loop info. Maybe somebody wants to map the tracks in a doc file together with ost names and replacements, so we are maybe able to piece together (*nice smile at  jud6ment Wink )
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT on Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 14:06

Conn wrote:Great thank you Smile
I think however tracks 00-$24 (36 tracks in total) are used, I suggest above technique for mapping and finding the loop info. Maybe somebody wants to map the tracks in a doc file together with ost names and replacements, so we are maybe able to piece together (*nice smile at  jud6ment Wink )

Sorry i havent been on Zeldix lately to see this post, just been focusing finishing school semester. Each year a get a couple requests from friends to mod a nintendo wii with all the old school games and what not so there is some personal projects i have been wanting to do that i desire to get done before christmas so they are included on the wii's im giving out. So i will help out on this project sometime after christmas. Also, im planning to release some new msu pcm sets on christmas day. Im updating a few tracks for my dkc2 pcm set, working on a dkc1, f-zero, and mario allstar pcm set.
JUD6MENT
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 15:55

Oh wow, sounds awesome! If you like you and Relikk maybe can cooperate on Lufia 1 to find enough tracks (in case this is possible at least).
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 22:58

@Conn, I do have something to ask you. Why is it so hard to find remake of Lufia 1 music while the second one is almost everywhere? Was the first one that bad, from what I had played of it, I thought it was good. Maybe I am missing something on it?
Polargames
Crystal Maiden
Crystal Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Sat 15 Dec 2018 - 2:23

Can't tell, polar, I never really looked for music since I am no pcm artist.
@jud6ment: can you make a docx track map and gather all the music you found? Maybe we are lucky to find enough tracks so a release is possible. I think Secret of Evermore also had 70 tracks and we were able to substitute only half of them. Lufia 1 luckily has spc fallback.
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Sat 15 Dec 2018 - 6:57

Polargames wrote:@Conn, I do have something to ask you. Why is it so hard to find remake of Lufia 1 music while the second one is almost everywhere? Was the first one that bad, from what I had played of it, I thought it was good. Maybe I am missing something on it?

There's no remake of the first Lufia game, but there has been a remake of Lufia 2, on the DS. I believe it has an arranged soundtrack, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the quality that I would prefer.

And as far as the availability of arranged soundtracks go, it seems Lufia 2 is regarded as the better game and has a better soundtrack, so it makes sense that there's more available for it than the first game.

I've searched for arranged versions for this Lufia, but found very little. I doubt it's possible to complete it.

Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Yesterday at 22:20

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkFI4o21V02-rGyhCTO411QzGEi5Gyc8I

Here is a link to my youtube playlist i did one night looking for the game. Some tracks are the same but some is a medley so it has more than one song in it. I seriously don't know how many tracks this makes up so far, haven't actually counted, but i would assume 12. I highly doubt we will get every track, but i bet we can get about 3/4th of the tracks msu1 and the rest be fall back. If we can get even just the towns and battle music it won't be a bad msu1, even not complete, since that makes up the majority of the game. Also, if someone knows which lufia songs are reused in later sequels it will greatly help the project, because i have never played any of these games
JUD6MENT
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Today at 5:48

Awesome! Much thanks for your work Smile
I'm sure we can pull something out of it. And yes, as said before, there are games like Secret of Evermore and Dr. Mario that were extremely hard to find tracks for them too. I'm quite hopeful now.
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum