Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters - Page 2 Empty Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters

Last edited by kurrono on Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 18:59; edited 12 times in total
kurrono
kurrono

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters - Page 2 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters :: Comments

Conn

Post Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 15:11 by Conn

The debugger menu changed in v05

Here's the link to v04:
https://github.com/devinacker/bsnes-plus/releases/download/v04/bsnes-plus-04-x64.7z

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters - Page 2 Image231

Go into tool-> debugger
On the debugger console: Tools -> breakpoint editor
Give 2004 in address, hook at write

The console will halt whenever a track is played. In this example (Top Gear), first track 1, then track 5 is played 8marked red, lower byte in A:
10803f sta $2004 [002004] A:0801
108064 sta $2004 [002004] A:0805

The values are in hex, so you need to convert them into dec to have the pcm number

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 15:19 by Señor Ventura

Relikk wrote:Manually enter 2004 into the start value box, don't use anything in the dropdown menu.

Yes, i did that, but it isn't halting.

P.D: How we know that it is 2004 to hook the music tracks?.

Conn wrote:The debugger menu changed in v05

Here's the link to v04:
https://github.com/devinacker/bsnes-plus/releases/download/v04/bsnes-plus-04-x64.7z

Thank you!

Luckily i have all the night ahead today to do this Smile

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 15:20 by Conn

I edited my post above, just do as I advised Wink

If you run into problems, get back at me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 16:38 by Señor Ventura

Conn wrote:I edited my post above, just do as I advised Wink

If you run into problems, get back at me Very Happy

Ok, i already know why i didn't do any progress.

All is working properly now, all i have to do now is identify the hooked track having in mind in what stage/scene am i, and convert de hexadecimal to decimal.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 15:10 by Señor Ventura

I'm getting these values (812004 instead 002004).

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters - Page 2 Tmnt

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 15:46 by Conn

This doesn't matter,  it's lorom and thus the 24 bit address bank comes from the DB: 81 (you see it in the line). It nevertheless writes to the correct register 2004, unless you see 7e or 7f (ram) there.

Short, track number is nevertheless hex $cd resp. Dec  pcm -205

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 16:52 by Señor Ventura

Conn wrote:This doesn't matter,  it's lorom and thus the 24 bit address bank comes from the DB: 81 (you see it in the line). It nevertheless writes to the correct register 2004, unless you see 7e or 7f (ram) there.

Short, track number is nevertheless hex $cd resp. Dec  pcm -205

All right... it's almost done then.

Only remains some tracks that doesn't appears in the music options menu, and i must play the game to hook these.

But i'm having a little problem... the konami logo sound is not given in the console registry  x_x

edit: The music intro is splitted in two parts (tracks), but is coded to hooking only the first one, this one is missed: https://youtu.be/KHVqKJWI9uc?t=121

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 17:26 by pev

Señor Ventura wrote:But i'm having a little problem... the konami logo sound is not given in the console registry  x_x
@Señor Ventura If the "Konami Logo Jingle" does not trigger for the $2004 breakpoint, most likely, the hook Kurrono used does not cover this track. If this is the case, it will need to be traced, located in code and then added in for it to properly trigger and play msu-1.

Update: Kurrono just informed me that my assumption is correct. The game will just play the SPC version of the "Konami Jingle". There is no msu-1 code to support this track at the moment in his current asm.

Last edited by pepillopev on Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 17:38; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 17:38 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:@Señor Ventura If the "Konami Logo Jingle" does not trigger for the $2004 breakpoint, most likely, the hook Kurrono used does not cover this track. If this is the case, it will need to be traced, located in code and then added in for it to properly trigger and play msu-1.

Yes, indeed i thought it. It seemed obvious.

The intro needs to be coded too. The music is splitted into two themes, and the debugger only hooks one (the first part), the second .pcm remains out because of that: https://youtu.be/KHVqKJWI9uc?t=121

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 17:47 by pev

@Señor Ventura What version of bSnes are you using? Send me a save state just before this intro should play. I can take a look at it.

Update: Kurrono said he will look into it tonight when he gets the time. I still highly recommend you to upload a save state for the area in question.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 19:04 by Conn

I think it will take some time longer to dev the pcm pack and fix the code so I shifted this topic to the dev section - the database should only contain finished hacks and at least one set - means a playable version.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 19:06 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:@Señor Ventura What version of bSnes are you using? Send me a save state just before this intro should play. I can take a look at it.

Update: Kurrono said he will look into it tonight when he gets the time. I still highly recommend you to upload a save state for the area in question.

The song begins just the frame before the image begins to appear.

P.D: I don't know if the forum will attach the file correctly.

edit: Here is http://ge.tt/8xfSzRz2

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 19:11 by Conn

You are not bound to this forum services, there are several hosts where you can upload any files temporary and just need to post a link; e.g.,
https://gofile.io/?t=uploadFiles

Edit, oh, just realized your edit, you helped yourself Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 19:21 by Señor Ventura

Conn wrote:

You are not bound to this forum services, there are several hosts where you can upload any files temporary and just need to post a link; e.g.,
https://gofile.io/?t=uploadFiles

Edit, oh, just realized your edit, you helped yourself Very Happy

Yeah, i just realized about this xD

It only 8 themes left to hook up.

-Konami jingle.
-The second part of the intro.
-Six more themes with which I will have to complete the game to hook it up these.

edit: Well, there are some more tracks to be hooked.

-Within story mode, when the arrow is thrown with a letter, sounds a track that is not able to be hooked (Karai's letter). Here:
https://youtu.be/KHVqKJWI9uc?t=208

-During this scene the music is interrupted (karai's letter), and sounds another instead (small talk):
https://youtu.be/KHVqKJWI9uc?t=245

-Before the combat there should be playing a theme called "the next victim":
https://youtu.be/KHVqKJWI9uc?t=271

-After the combat there should be playing a theme called "small talk":
https://youtu.be/KHVqKJWI9uc?t=380

And one more thing, between the rounds the debugger calls to play again the track, causing this to stop and replaying from the beginning. This happens with the story mode, and the tournamet mode too, so i imagine that it happens with the vs mode aswell.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 0:54 by kurrono

already uploaded new tmnttf.zip on the the 1st page...try to check it out Sr.Ventura..

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 6:35 by Señor Ventura

kurrono wrote:already uploaded new tmnttf.zip on the the 1st page...try to check it out Sr.Ventura..

Ok, i have to go now, but this evening i could finish the tracklist.

Thank you Smile

edit:

Only one more thing... when i said:
"-During this scene the music is interrupted (karai's letter), and sounds another instead (small talk):
https://youtu.be/KHVqKJWI9uc?t=245 "

I meant that the game should play the songs that way, not that already is doing it, and is wrong or something.

Anyway, this night i will finish it.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 11:24 by kurrono

OK now the story of karai"s letter triggers now

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 20:35 by Señor Ventura

Now when i hit the "story mode" option it sounds the "hail the villains" (8E) theme, and just after is interrupted for the "turtle power" (E5) theme (wich is the correct one), but then it is interrupted for another theme (7A, yet not paired with any theme of what i have).

Turtle power (E5) is the only track that must be triggered when you choose "story mode".

-----------------------------------------------------------

After that, 7E is triggered when it should be "karai's letter" (1B). During the next scenes, the theme changes to (52, wich is not paired with any theme), when it must be "small talk" (1E).

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here the fight is about to begin.

The theme that must be triggered is "the next victim" (1D), but instead it triggers the scene theme, but then is stopped to trigger (4A, wich isn't paired with any theme).

--------------------------------------------------------------

Before this new patch all was almost done with the correct values.

Before the changes, the tracks were like this (the "xx" tracks are not hooked, some because are not triggered, and some others because i did not reach that point in the game, so, 31 tracks were hooked, and 7 remained not being hooked):

1 - xx-$01: Konami Fanfare, non loop ----------> doesn't triggered
·2 - AC-$01: Tournament Fighters (part 1), non loop
3 - xx-$01: Tournament Fighters (part 2), non loop ----------> doesn't triggered
·4 - 94-$03: Enter the Tournament, LOOP
·5 - A9-$03: Back Alley, LOOP
·6 - CD-$03: Cafetería, LOOP
·7 - D6-$03: Sky Palace, LOOP
·8 - 7F-$03: Scrapyard, LOOP
·9 - D3-$03: Noh Stage, LOOP
·10 - A3-$03: Thunder Dome, LOOP
·11 - 8B-$03: Art Museum, LOOP
·12 - 82-$03: Pirate Ship, LOOP
·13 - CA-$03: Mt. Olympus, LOOP
·14 - D0-$03: Metal Works, LOOP
·15 - DF-$03: Studio 6, LOOP
·16 - E2-$03: Metro Train, LOOP
·17 - C4-$03: Safe Cracker, LOOP
·18 - DC-$03: Bragging Rights, LOOP
19 - xx-$03: The Champion's Challenge, LOOP
·20 - 88-$03: Cowabunga!, LOOP
·21 - AF-$03: Rest and Relaxation, LOOP
·22 - A6-$03: Dreams to Reality, LOOP
·23 - B8-$03: Paceful Days Ahead, LOOP
·24 - 8E-$03: Hails the Villains, LOOP
·25 - 91-$03: Supreme Dominance, LOOP
·26 - 85-$03: Eternal Glory, LOOP
·27 - 97-$03: The Ten Champions, LOOP
28 - xx-$01: Karai's Letter, non loop ----------> doesn't triggered
·29 - E5-$03: Turtle Power!, LOOP
30 - xx-$03: The Next Victim, LOOP ----------> doesn't triggered
31 - xx-$03: Small Talk, LOOP ----------> doesn't triggered
32 - xx-$03: All is Well! ~ Staff Roll, LOOP
·33 - A0-$01: You Win!!, non loop
·34 - B2-$01: You Can't Beat Me!, non loop
·35 - D9-$03: The Fighting's Over, LOOP
·36 - B5-$01: You Need More Training!, non loop
·37 - 9D-$03: Ten Second Decision, LOOP
·38 - 9A-$01: Game Over, non loop

Last edited by Señor Ventura on Thu 14 Nov 2019 - 5:44; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 22:11 by kurrono

One of my mutes was interfering with Karai's letter trigger opcode ..I managed to find other opcode for a better mute to not interfere with that.

So I'm uploading the patch one more time. Brb

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 22:17 by kurrono

allright its up..Sr Ventura you can finish finding the values now.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 14 Nov 2019 - 6:41 by Señor Ventura

kurrono wrote:allright its up..Sr Ventura you can finish finding the values now.

Now the (8E) "hail the villains" breaks in the debugger seventeen times when you choose "story mode" before you can enter, and none trigger should be there.

After that the debugger detects a break (7A), wich is not paired with any theme that exists, but it doesn't trigger (E5) "turtle power!" and it should do it.

Then begins the intro, and when the arrow with the letter appears, the debugger stops with (7E), that isn't paired with any .pcm, when it should be (1B) "karai's letter".

I stopped here, i have to go to work, this night we'll see how everything goes.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Thu 14 Nov 2019 - 7:22 by kurrono

Ifound the problem that is stopping the karai letter...is my.mute ...I need to find a better mute plus the opcode that plays karai letter overwrite some values from the old opcode too..I need to figure it out this....last night o was tired to find out...

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 15 Nov 2019 - 15:36 by kurrono

Allright you can finish triggers now...it triggers correctly..mute is not compromising karais letter no more....only Round 1 starts fight is mute..
the sfx is still there.. until i find a better opcodeor better value on same opcode

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 19 Nov 2019 - 15:34 by Señor Ventura

Well...

When you choose "story mode", the debugger links to (8E) "hail the villains", and this theme doesn't should sound there, also, is triggered 16 times.

After that, links to (E5) "turtle power", wich is correct, but inmediately after is stopped for (7A) for muting, before the select screen appears, but then (E5) isn't triggered again, so, surely there is not any music there.

When the intro comes, and the arrow appears, the debugger triggers (0A) for muting, and not (1B) for "karai's letter", so the  whole scene must succeed in silent.

After that, during the zeppelin scene, the debugger detects (10) for muting, but after that there must be triggered (1E) "small talk".

Note: Between "karai's letter" and "small talk", should be a little theme (interrupting karai's letter), that i don't have between my .pcm's... just here: https://youtu.be/KHVqKJWI9uc?t=242

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 19 Nov 2019 - 22:24 by kurrono

Sr Ventura u download that days ago..that's not my latest patch.... E5 is replaced by B0... And Karai's letter is 2A ..redownload again...I already changed that patch to a new one..patch it again and test....let me know

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next