Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Empty Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Post by pepillopev Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:10

@pepodmc I moved this to the development section due this technically being a beta. Majority of ArcadeTVs works are in beta. Still have bugs to be worked out. Some are 100% and these are the ones I have no issues posting here in Zeldix. I am only doing this because this causes one big issue...bug reports will be posted incorrectly here, when they should be reported over at ArcadeTV's GitHub page. The last thing ArcadeTV needs is checking multiple sources for bug reports. I know you all mean well by posting, but think of the whole picture.

Next time, I will not bother explaining myself. I will just delete the post. Consider this a friendly warning and final reminder.

EDIT: I will only port MD+ games that are worth it. I will keep this up until the MSU-MD seamless loop is finally resolved. I personally do not care what format is superior. I just care that everyone on both fronts have access to the same experience.

pepillopev

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Post by pepodmc Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:18

pepillopev wrote:@pepodmc I moved this to the development section due this technically being a beta. Majority of ArcadeTVs works are in beta. Still have bugs to be worked out. Some are 100% and these are the ones I have no issues posting here in Zeldix. I am only doing this because this causes one big issue...bug reports will be posted incorrectly here, when they should be reported over at ArcadeTV's GitHub page. The last thing ArcadeTV needs is checking multiple sources for bug reports. I know you all mean well by posting, but think of the whole picture.

Next time, I will not bother explaining myself. I will just delete the post. Consider this a friendly warning and final reminder.

EDIT: I will only port MD+ games that are worth it. I will keep this up until the MSU-MD seamless loop is finally resolved. I personally do not care what format is superior. I just care that everyone on both fronts have access to the same experience.

In this case, its not neccesary the seamless loop because the tracks are looped manually inside the bin/cue (thats why its a 699mb music pack) , i took as reference the longest walkthrough of the game on youtube to make the tracks longer.

About the bug, i put all the bugs in the thread (it only has a minor one), but i understand your view

pepodmc
Bee
Bee

Since : 2020-11-04

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Post by pepillopev Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:21

@pepodmc Yes, in this case. There is no need as seamless loop is baked in, but if anyone else makes their own sound packs, the code will need to be re-patched to accommodate the changes. Bear this in mind. This is not an issue with MD+ (it is all handled in the CUE file).

pepillopev

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Post by pepodmc Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:25

pepillopev wrote:@pepodmc Yes, in this case. There is no need as seamless loop is baked in, but if anyone else makes their own sound packs, the code will need to be re-patched to accommodate the changes. Bear this in mind. This is not an issue with MD+ (it is all handled in the CUE file).

Another solution would be close the thread until the seamless loop problem its fixed, so the people cant add new music packs to the thread.

But if you want the thread to stay here there is no problem


pepodmc
Bee
Bee

Since : 2020-11-04

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Post by pepillopev Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:34

@pepodmc From observing ArcadeTV's TMNT source code, the seamless looping code is present (see the same demo code Krikkz provided ArcadeTV in a recent twitter post). From observing past attempts (ie, QuackShot), the loop points seem to be baked into the code. Something could have changed since then that only Arcade knows about. I will need to consult with him or have him post his response on Twitter or here.

If this is indeed solved. Then it will make everyone's job much simpler and avoid multiple ports just to get the same experience for everyone. Good news, indeed.

pepillopev

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Post by pepillopev Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:39

@pepodmc ok, looked at TMNT CUE sheet. So, I see similar approach as MD+. Awesome, so only the CUE sheet can be edited with the new changes. No need to recompile code for changes. Nice.

EDIT: ok, my bad, those extra entries are generated by ISO buster. damn, got my hopes up for a final solution.


Last edited by pepillopev on Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:45; edited 1 time in total

pepillopev

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Post by pepodmc Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:41

pepillopev wrote:@pepodmc From observing ArcadeTV's TMNT source code, the seamless looping code is present (see the same demo code Krikkz provided ArcadeTV in a recent twitter post). From observing past attempts (ie, QuackShot), the loop points seem to be baked into the code. Something could have changed since then that only Arcade knows about. I will need to consult with him or have him post his response on Twitter or here.

If this is indeed solved. Then it will make everyone's job much simpler and avoid multiple ports just to get the same experience for everyone. Good news, indeed.

The only problem for me is that here the thread loses visibility.

Can you add in the thread "https://www.zeldix.net/f66-md-and-msu-md-hacks-database" along all the sections one more saying "beta patches" and put the TMNT hiperstone heist and the castle of illusion hacks in there?

And lock all the threads in there so people cant ask for bugs.

pepodmc
Bee
Bee

Since : 2020-11-04

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Post by pepillopev Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:43

@pepodmc I will lock this thread now but prefer that all bugs be reported to ArcadeTVs GitHub page...
Code:
https://github.com/ArcadeTV

pepillopev

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Post by pepillopev Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:46

Ok, my bad, those extra entries I saw in CUE sheet were generated by ISOBuster. So, my guess, the loop points are probably still baked into the patch.

@ArcadeTV Can you clarify this?

pepillopev

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Post by pepillopev Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:52

pepodmc wrote:Can you add in the thread "https://www.zeldix.net/f66-md-and-msu-md-hacks-database" along all the sections one more saying "beta patches" and put the TMNT hiperstone heist and the castle of illusion hacks in there?
I suggested this to Conn. He has the privileges to make this kind of change. I do not.

pepillopev

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Post by Conn Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 14:35

The development thread is to provide beta patches for testing. Once playtest proven bug-free it is moved into the database.

We do not need a beta patches forum since the development thread actually is the beta patches thread.

If anything wrong is posted here, it can be moved to discussion or so. If you need extra forum for cover art or whatever let me know Pev Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum