MD+ Wishlist

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MD+ Wishlist - Page 5 Empty Re: MD+ Wishlist

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 8 Jun 2023 - 14:27

Although half of the tracks are fine and sound good, the other half of the tracks seem to be substituted with chiptunes.
I dunno, let's hear what Relikk says about it.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

MD+ Wishlist - Page 5 Image111

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Robertson Thu 8 Jun 2023 - 16:40

Okay ok, I'm sorry man I won't do that anymore, but I'd rather you look at the tracks and then let me know what you think. Soon I'll be making other sound packs available here on the forum if you want.

Robertson
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2023-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 8 Jun 2023 - 20:01

I'm guessing that ArcadeTV is too nice to say it, and I don't know if he really shares my opinion, but unless the audio is a fairly full replacement and from a somewhat decent quality source, then don't bother. No YouTube rips or transcodes, or poorly edited audio with no loops or audio balancing, and no sources given or credited etc. These will not be accepted. This should have been done with MSU1 a long time ago, so I'm preemptively avoiding the bad reputation that MSU1 acquired as a result of these issues, where the Mega Drive/Genesis hacks are concerned.

Do what you like in your own time and for your own personal use, of course.
Relikk
Relikk

MD+ Wishlist - Page 5 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Robertson Fri 9 Jun 2023 - 11:57

Relikk wrote:I'm guessing that ArcadeTV is too nice to say it, and I don't know if he really shares my opinion, but unless the audio is a fairly full replacement and from a somewhat decent quality source, then don't bother. No YouTube rips or transcodes, or poorly edited audio with no loops or audio balancing, and no sources given or credited etc. These will not be accepted. This should have been done with MSU1 a long time ago, so I'm preemptively avoiding the bad reputation that MSU1 acquired as a result of these issues, where the Mega Drive/Genesis hacks are concerned.

Do what you like in your own time and for your own personal use, of course.

I have some sound packs from other games that I'm slowly posting here so you can evaluate them, but for now I hope you guys make the yu yu hakusho md+ rom with the songs I sent.

Robertson
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Robertson Tue 13 Jun 2023 - 18:48

ArcadeTV wrote:I posted the Aladdin tracks recorded from the SC-55 in the other thread, so this is done. Tracks from the MotionPictureOST are a work-in-progress.

You could add TFIV to the list as the guy who I made the patch for is not making any progress as it seems.

Other patches I made long ago that lack a soundPack are not listed here. These include for example Landstalker, QuackShot, Contra, Pepenga Pengo, Mega Turrican (with bugs), Tiny Toons, Batman & Robin, McDonalds Treasure Island, Magical Quest Circus Mystery and some more I can't remember without looking into my folder.

Arcade Tv would you kindly share these patches, I have several soundpacks in my files.

Robertson
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by gordon81 Fri 30 Jun 2023 - 7:53

Hello,

I was wainting many many years for a Aladdin Mega Drive MD+ version.

My question now is if you could do a patch for the revisted 2019 version of this game.

I will attach you the rom.

I wish make your md+ patch compatible with aladdin final cut.

Please make it possible.

I will hope you can make compatible Aladdin MD+ patch for this "final cut" version.

Aladdin Final Cut is a OFFICIAL game rom launched in 2019 by aladdin pack.

Thank you!.

gordon81
Newcomer

Since : 2022-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Robertson Sun 2 Jul 2023 - 16:16

In this Aladdin Final Cut game, a lot of unused content was found that was hidden in the game. They were
replaced the green snake with the rolling snakes in the Desert phase, it was also
replaced the knife juggler with the sword swallower, I thought it was pretty cool, and in the phase that has the skeleton that explodes it was replaced by the prisoner who uses an iron ball on his leg, in the phase with the statue of shiva it was replaced by the statue of the golden monkey.
A rom with cd sound of this Aladdin Final Cut would be very interesting.

Robertson
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by adamjw91 Sat 15 Jul 2023 - 20:54

Hi guys, new member here but been following the MSU-MD and MD+ for a few years now. I realize this might be impossible, but anyway we could make a Kings Bounty MD+/MSU-MD? I know it was ported to other systems like the FM towns, etc. that had much better audio than the Sega genesis.

adamjw91
Newcomer

Since : 2023-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by gordon81 Sun 16 Jul 2023 - 14:00

Robertson wrote:In this Aladdin Final Cut game, a lot of unused content was found that was hidden in the game.  They were
replaced the green snake with the rolling snakes in the Desert phase, it was also
replaced the knife juggler with the sword swallower, I thought it was pretty cool, and in the phase that has the skeleton that explodes it was replaced by the prisoner who uses an iron ball on his leg, in the phase with the statue of shiva it was replaced by the statue of the golden monkey.
A rom with cd sound of this Aladdin Final Cut would be very interesting.

I think so, if @ArcadeTV, make compatible patch to Final Cut it would be great.

@ArcadeTV could you make actual MD+ patch compable with final cut? Thanks

gordon81
Newcomer

Since : 2022-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pleiades7bluestars Sat 23 Sep 2023 - 0:14

@ArcadeTV @Relikk

Hey guys!

I think an awesome one would be “Gain Ground” as there is an amazing HQ redbook CD soundtrack for the TG16 version, but the Genesis was unique as it was the only port with extra levels.

So, it just seems cool to update this unique game by marrying the superior TG16 soundtrack (which is even better than the arcade) with that of Genesis game.

Any interest?

pleiades7bluestars
Rope
Rope

Since : 2020-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 23 Sep 2023 - 4:12

If it has extra levels, is there music in the TG16CD version to cover them?

The music is the easy part, it's a coder we lack. It really all depends on that.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pleiades7bluestars Sat 23 Sep 2023 - 12:07

@Relikk

It’s actually just the same song played over and over again, and the same victory song for the end level screens. So that shouldn’t be an issue.

As for programmers, could you/we see if @ArcadeTV would be interested?

What I love about this one is that is a music enhancement that kinda already happened crossed platforms. Be nice to see them finally married here in what would be the ultimate version now!☺

pleiades7bluestars
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sat 23 Sep 2023 - 12:35

only 6 7 tracks in the MD version. i'm willing to give it a shot, though from what i see online, it's that there's not any good debugging tools for genesis/mega drive so it'll likely be too frustrating for me to do many of these lol.

e: found one more track via hex editing ram
Cubear
Cubear

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by pleiades7bluestars Sat 23 Sep 2023 - 13:33

Cubear wrote:only 6 7 tracks in the MD version. i'm willing to give it a shot, though from what i see online, it's that there's not any good debugging tools for genesis/mega drive so it'll likely be too frustrating for me to do many of these lol.

e: found one more track via hex editing ram

You rock man!

Here is a link to the HQ sound track for the game if it helps: https://youtu.be/-3ytIoIK7bY?si=5S00nuiXBIrlNory

pleiades7bluestars
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 23 Sep 2023 - 13:35

It'd be better to rip it from an image of the CD, itself. If a patch comes to fruition I'll deal with that, don't worry.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pleiades7bluestars Sat 23 Sep 2023 - 13:44

Relikk wrote:It'd be better to rip it from an image of the CD, itself. If a patch comes to fruition I'll deal with that, don't worry.

Can’t wait! It was the number one requested game for Sega Ages to re-release according to developers M2. So this one should be a big hit if it comes to pass. Thx again man for your enthusiasm.

pleiades7bluestars
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sat 23 Sep 2023 - 22:15

don't get too excited yet. everything i've tried so far, debugging-wise has been unintuitive to the point of just closing the program and trying another.
Cubear
Cubear

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasoi Tue 3 Oct 2023 - 17:33

Mega Man: The Sequel Wars Episode Red would be a great candidate for an MD+ and MSU-MD hack. There are several different full soundtrack packs (original mode) that could be made for it - MET, Rockman Complete Works 4, Rushjet1 VRC6, NES 2A03, etc.

The ultimate plan is for 4, 5, and 6 to be made for sequel wars but this would be a good start and would be less work later in the end with the coding side of things figured out early.
Arasoi
Arasoi
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 3 Oct 2023 - 17:42

That was mentioned to ArcadeTV before his hiatus from the scene, as seen in this tweet where he was asking about which sound driver was used...

https://twitter.com/arcadetv/status/1670771752941625344

The idea was to use the PS1 and MET versions, at the time.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasoi Tue 3 Oct 2023 - 17:57

Ah, well. Maybe someone will pick it up sometime. I've been wanting to make music packs for MD+ and MSU-MD anyway.
Arasoi
Arasoi
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

MD+ Wishlist - Page 5 Empty Sonic 3d blast msu-md with saturn ost and uncut hack

Post by Anime12* Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 12:18

I think it be neat if the original genesis version of sonic 3d blast with the uncut hack had a msu-md hack with the saturn version ost that be both wild and cool

Anime12*
Bee
Bee

Since : 2023-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasoi Tue 31 Oct 2023 - 10:26

After finally locating a full Darius arrangement, I was thinking of replacing the tracks in the PC Engine CD version.

But the recent Megadrive port from the Genesis mini is much better, in every way and I think I'd rather make a pack for MD+ or MSU-MD.
Arasoi
Arasoi
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by pleiades7bluestars Wed 1 Nov 2023 - 7:14

Arasoi wrote:After finally locating a full Darius arrangement, I was thinking of replacing the tracks in the PC Engine CD version.

But the recent Megadrive port from the Genesis mini is much better, in every way and I think I'd rather make a pack for MD+ or MSU-MD.
Oh? Do you have experience making in patches? 😎

pleiades7bluestars
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasoi Wed 1 Nov 2023 - 8:12

No. Do you understand what "wishlist" means?
Arasoi
Arasoi
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by pleiades7bluestars Wed 1 Nov 2023 - 17:08

Arasoi wrote:No. Do you understand what "wishlist" means?

It was a simple question. No need to be rude.

pleiades7bluestars
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next