Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 11 Empty Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Patch* and sound/data files:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiR-hlWgB-wczn08C
*Apply on headerless US 1.1 ROM

Light patch (only music for SD2SNES)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sOpDIBma5u_Khazl2hR7HULS5mfZaDWV

MSU-1 IS NOT ONLY FOR PLAYING PCM MUSIC.

You can stream graphics, fmv, sound, sprites. Ignore all previous patches. Released 28/10, as the arcade Killer Instinct release date.
gizaha

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 11 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) :: Comments

Post Thu 26 May 2022 - 3:15 by doctor_kong

gizaha wrote: Rest knockdown graphics (abandoned)*.
I assume this is the first part of the FMV fall sequence in Orchid, Cinder, Spinal stages? That would be a great addition, of course. I have no clue what role the image converter plays in this and I won't waste your time asking to explain as my programming skills are basically non-existent. Would it be worth a shot submitting another bug report? Or would just let it be for the time being? Either way, you hack is absolutely insane and I play it a lot on MiSTer atm.

Back to top Go down

Cyber_Yagami

Post Fri 27 May 2022 - 19:39 by Cyber_Yagami

Hey everyone !
Check this alternative theme version for Character Select screen from Killer Instinct 2.

Hope you like it!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/actcip7poy18baz/KI-KI2_SELECT_SCREEN.zip/file

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 28 May 2022 - 9:03 by gizaha

Its exactly the same with the killer cuts version.
Which by default is missing the heartbeat from the arcade version.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 Jul 2022 - 5:59 by 90s comeback

gizaha wrote:Something like that. Jago vs Jago in a stage that can be exactly replicated in snes. Without the moveset, only walking and jumping, but with the target to be visually replica of the arcade.
That would be awesome, seeing "arcade perfect" stuff on Snes would call everybody's attention, like some projects that are being developed for Sega Genesis/Megadrive like  Final Fight Ultimate (became so popular that they even contacted Capcom for a future cartridge release, should they accept), Sunset Riders, Real Bout Fatal Fury, and others. All of these are attempting arcade perfect with lots of sprites on screen, fullscreen display, no flickering/slowdown and practically arcade perfect colors. The reason on pointing these projects is because if the Sega Genesis/Megadrive can attempt arcade perfect (320X224), for the Snes (256X224) it would be even easier mostly considering the amount of sprites the Snes can display, the amount of colors on screen, and considering that games like Gundam E.D and Rendering Ranger are slowroms, imagine what we can achieve with fastroms (already known the incredible difference between slowroms and fastroms). Obviously, each console can attempt arcade perfect in their own resolutions. I've always been a fan of your work, and it would've been great to see Killer Instinct 1for Snes with arcade sized characters like in the characters' select screen.

Besides assembly, SGDK is the tool that Sega Genesis/Megadrive use nowadays, the same with PVSNES LIB for Snes developers (interesting video by Oscarin Valdez about this), both tools (SGDK/PVSNES LIB) use C and assembly.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 Jul 2022 - 10:15 by gizaha

90s comeback wrote:Sega Genesis/Megadrive can attempt arcade perfect (320X224), for the Snes (256X224)
Snes can use 512 resolution but it would be a big waste of vram space.
You can resize all assets to 256x224, the eye will be tricked (especially at crt).

90s comeback wrote:games like Gundam E.D and Rendering Ranger are slowroms, imagine what we can achieve with fastroms
At mariopaint i didn't see difference with fastrom change. However i don't insist.

90s comeback wrote:it would've been great to see Killer Instinct 1 for Snes with arcade sized characters like in the characters' select screen.
I didn't developed convert-to-snes tool, so each animation require hand work at gimp (resize, recolor using original indexed palette, move so the feet would be in the pixel perfect position). So it's not that fast.

90s comeback wrote:Besides assembly, SGDK is the tool that Sega Genesis/Megadrive use nowadays, the same with PVSNES LIB for Snes developers (interesting video by Oscarin Valdez about this), both tools (SGDK/PVSNES LIB) use C and assembly.
Assembly is easy, I don't use high level, except for writing custom convertion programs. High level is for people that think they know while they don't. If you can't use assembly you are not entitled to use higher level language (for snes games).

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 3 Jul 2022 - 16:58 by SuperFeistyFox

Out of curiosity, has anyone who has a PolyMega tried this patch out there? If so, does it work?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 6 Jan 2023 - 22:41 by sindrik

will we see a version of this patch fully compatible with the snes? as it stands, it is only playable on pc emulators

console emultors and raspberry have terrible slowdowns with thepatched game.

just curious. Thx

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 7 Jan 2023 - 4:41 by Conn

sindrik wrote:will we see a version of this patch fully compatible with the snes? as it stands, it is only playable on pc emulators

console emultors and raspberry have terrible slowdowns with thepatched game.

just curious. Thx
I think there are technical problems, you need to scroll to older posts. There's a light patch that is compatible with the snes:
Light patch (only music for SD2SNES)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sOpDIBma5u_Khazl2hR7HULS5mfZaDWV

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Jan 2023 - 8:11 by gizaha

You will need to contact with each hardware manufacturer like sd2snes. The bug is in the hardware, in the msu1 part. The snes code is correct, that's why it's working in emulators.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Jan 2023 - 19:34 by sindrik

gizaha wrote:You will need to contact with each hardware manufacturer like sd2snes. The bug is in the hardware, in the msu1 part. The snes code is correct, that's why it's working in emulators.

got it. my only problem to play it is that it doesnt run on anything other than a decent pc, as it stutters very very much on lesser hardware or console emulators

Back to top Go down

talbin

Post Thu 26 Jan 2023 - 10:43 by talbin

Thank you for your hard work in making this awesome patch. I've been using it for the last 3 years and realised I never created an account to thank you. I've had so much fun spending 100s of hours playing it. I'm actually really amazed at what you have achieved with this patch.

I recently purchased a FXPak Pro from Krikkz. Ikari is apparently releasing a new version of SD2SNES very soon so I really hope they fix the MSU-1 support so I can enjoy this gem on a CRT TV through my original SNES.

You are awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 26 Jan 2023 - 11:41 by gizaha

talbin wrote:Ikari is apparently releasing a new version of SD2SNES very soon so I really hope they fix the MSU-1 support
Thank you.
I wish they do, but i doubt since unfortunately KI is almost the only rom (toghether with Super road blaster) that uses data from msu file.

Back to top Go down

talbin

Post Wed 1 Feb 2023 - 12:33 by talbin

gizaha wrote:
talbin wrote:Ikari is apparently releasing a new version of SD2SNES very soon so I really hope they fix the MSU-1 support
Thank you.
I wish they do, but i doubt since unfortunately KI is almost the only rom (toghether with Super road blaster) that uses data from msu file.

He just released the new version today and it looks like he did indeed fix a data caching issue for MSU-1.

[All] Fixed data caching bug in MSU1 data extension which could cause wrong data to be streamed

I won't have time to try it for a few days but I hope this does it!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 2 Feb 2023 - 16:52 by Conn

It would be awesome if the new version fxpak firmware fixes the ki problems... One can dream

Back to top Go down

talbin

Post Fri 3 Feb 2023 - 11:07 by talbin

I tested it and it still has issues. I posted to Ikari about it and this is what he said back.

"This does multiple SD card seeks per frame and will need special optimizations. I have some ideas for that."

Obviously no guarantee when or if it will get fixed but it looks like that's the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 2 Nov 2023 - 11:02 by 90s comeback

Conn wrote:Congrats to this new patch with video, I am impressed Very Happy

I deleted the old topic but used the video from there until there is a better one of this new patch
Lots of frames in this game's animations, what about the VRAM?, is it struggling a lot?, reminds me that i've heard that the Sega Genesis has better "sprite management" than the Snes so the VRAM of the Sega Genesis wouldn't be that affected, so as they say, is it really like that?, is it really that bad having only 2 sprites sizes to choose from (Snes)?, has the Snes any other advantage that could help with that "sprite management"?. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 2 Nov 2023 - 12:02 by gizaha

Snes KI VRAM is not struggling at all.
Snes KI uses 8x8 and 16x16 sprite size, this is not a problem at all.
It can use full sprite size (like arcade) for both players and there's also vblank time to dma more.

"sprite management" is very general, you can use these words as you wish and with little manipulation you will always be right.
Attachments
Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 11 Attachment
ki-20231102-180420.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(39 Kb) Downloaded 14 times

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 2:44 by mikael42

Hello ,

Would it be possible as an optional patch to remove the blue screen when the game is launched and to remove the mention Ultra 64 in the intro? Because everything else is great.

It's the blue screen that shocks me, it doesn't look clean.

As for the mention of Ultra 64 in the intro, that's just my purist side, I don't think they would have put it in if Nintendo had really made a CD-ROM version, of course that's just a very personal opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 10:04 by gizaha

This version is based to mimic the arcade game as much as possible.
In 1994, a far away dream is to have the exact arcade version at home. SNK sold that dream 700$ back then. After all, the commercial showed a snes inside the arcade cabinet, a $200 3.5mhz console trying to stand a powerful ultra 64 expensive arcade hardware.

Blue screen is clean because it mimicks arcade version. Arcade decompress to ram, snes upload to spc. And an error gives red screen (snes have this also).

You don't want to remove one of the most iconic video game screens. While snes plays it in the same frame rate as arcade and playbacks a huge sound file, not common for snes.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 17 Nov 2023 - 9:56 by 90s comeback

gizaha wrote:Snes KI VRAM is not struggling at all.
Snes KI uses 8x8 and 16x16 sprite size, this is not a problem at all.
It can use full sprite size (like arcade) for both players and there's also vblank time to dma more.

"sprite management" is very general, you can use these words as you wish and with little manipulation you will always be right.
Thanks for answering, i always seen this KI patch as the best patch ever for any Snes game, and knowing that the VRAM is not struggling at all even with arcade sized sprites, is awesome. But many attack the Snes when they see black bars (they say it's because of its VRAM/VBlank), by naming games with simplyfied backgrounds and some beat'em ups, cause they see repetitive characters with another palettes. But seeing your patch, you can tell that it's very superior to what we were used to see, obviously it would be incredible to see arcade sized sprites, and i wonder, how far can you go technically wise?, this is really interesting, thanks again!.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 28 Jan 2024 - 9:52 by 90s comeback

Since it's been a while without seeing any of your patches, at least to my knowledge, do you have any plans for 2024?.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 28 Jan 2024 - 12:06 by gizaha

I would like to make snes KI2, at least a beta version. For now i have zero free time, I trade it with gym.
it would be interesting to "hide" it inside of other game, that when you beat it, KI2 would run and unlock. A surprise for players.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 30 Jan 2024 - 8:57 by 90s comeback

Sounds amazing!, hope "that" game is easy to beat, again, sounds really interesting, good luck!.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 30 Jan 2024 - 11:02 by gizaha

The game is known and easy. The idea was that game had 4 unlockables for the 4 different endings and after you complete the 4th, the ki2's nintendo fmv would surprisingly start*. But of course the rom size would reveal the secret.

*Just like the ps1 mk3 myth with the 2 smoke that, supposedly, unlocked the umk3 version.

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11