Mega Man - Rockman to Mega Man (EU) / Roll-chan + No Skid + Restore Health with Score Points and Instant Glitch + MSU-1

Go down

Mega Man - Rockman to Mega Man (EU) / Roll-chan + No Skid + Restore Health with Score Points and Instant Glitch + MSU-1 Empty Mega Man - Rockman to Mega Man (EU) / Roll-chan + No Skid + Restore Health with Score Points and Instant Glitch + MSU-1

Mega Man, the one that started it all.  The first game in a long line of sequels and spin-offs.  A beloved franchise beginning in 1987.  Although the first game is not everyone's first choice when it comes to the franchise, it was the one that implemented the unique "rock, paper, scissors" mechanic, and instead of a linear stage-by-stage format, it gave the choice to tackle any stage in any order making it where each playthrough could be just a bit different from the last.  When the second game came out it improved upon the first, as well as each subsequent sequel that always added something different from the game before it.

The ROM hacking community had decided to put their own touches on Mega Man to help improve the quality and fun-factor of the original.  One of which is darthvaderx's Rockman to Mega Man (UE), which makes title screen look more like the Japanese counterpart as well as future sequels starting with Mega Man 8.  Another is FateForWindows' No Skid which makes Mega Man stop entirely after releasing a direction button like how it is in later games after Mega Man 2.  Still another is Zynk Oxhyde's Roll-chan which puts Roll in the role of the main protagonist.  Giving the point system some usefulness, magus has graced us with Restore Health with Score Points and Instant Glitch that allows the spending of points (100k, 200k, or 300k) to completely refill health acting like E-tanks of sorts by pressing Up & Select.  Because of the way this hack works pressing Select doesn't pause the game like it would normally (less than a second) but instead makes the pause glitch slightly easier by rapid firing the Select button.  The ability to not just convert an NES game to SNES but add MSU-1 capabilty is one of the lastest and awesome progressions in the ROM hacking scene.

So, without further ado, here are Mega Man and Roll with the added hacks and MSU-1:
Mega Man - Rockman to Mega Man (EU) / Roll-chan + No Skid + Restore Health with Score Points and Instant Glitch + MSU-1 Mega_m12 Mega Man - Rockman to Mega Man (EU) / Roll-chan + No Skid + Restore Health with Score Points and Instant Glitch + MSU-1 Roll-c10

IMPORTANT: After patching and renaming the file, rename the extension from ".nes" to ".smc" and click "Yes" when the dialog box comes up about changing the filename extension.

NOTE: Going from the title screen to the robot master selection and to the stage will be a little glitchy.  This is normal even for vanilla Mega Man.  Hopefully, in later revisions of Project Nested, the compatibility will get better.

(Sadly, the Remastered, No Score, and Protoman hacks all caused some kind of error.  I haven't tried any other hacks as these were the ones I really only care about.)

Last edited by ComboMan on Fri 13 Oct 2023 - 21:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Downloads are now in zip format, simplified title, updated patch with an additional hack.)
ComboMan
ComboMan
Witch
Witch

Since : 2020-08-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Mega Man - Rockman to Mega Man (EU) / Roll-chan + No Skid + Restore Health with Score Points and Instant Glitch + MSU-1 :: Comments

Cubear

Post Sun 8 Jan 2023 - 10:31 by Cubear

the conversion process in pnn relies upon none of the addresses changing between patches. i ran into this when i decided to support the save + map patch for Metroid, i had to find all my hooks again in the modified rom because all of them had moved. it's likely the same case with the hacks that you mentioned do not work.

It should be pretty easy for anybody to update the patch to work on hacked roms, however, a little bit of work in HxD and updating the patch.txt to have the new address locations is all that's needed.

Back to top Go down