SD2SNES renamed to FXPAK

Go down

SD2SNES renamed to FXPAK Empty SD2SNES renamed to FXPAK

Post by Erockbrox Fri 3 Jan 2020 - 19:36

https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/1210999051870703616

Apparently they had to change the name due to "SD" being trademarked or something.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

SD2SNES renamed to FXPAK Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

SD2SNES renamed to FXPAK Empty Re: SD2SNES renamed to FXPAK

Post by Polargames Sat 4 Jan 2020 - 0:14

Erockbrox wrote:https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/1210999051870703616

Apparently they had to change the name due to "SD" being trademarked or something.

Basically the SD Association holds the trade mark, and some how they did not like sd2snes  using the word sd. Which I think its dumb because sd2snes had been useing it for a while without any issues from them, So I do not understand the resent trouble caused by it. https://www.sd-3c.com/ here is the link to the SD site if you want to take a look at it.

I also want to say that the new name FXPaK Pro, that's also asking for trouble because Nintendo could say they do not like the name FX. Nintendo could do the same but worse if they wanted to do it. I think the new name should be Solid Drive Pro. That way its a generic name, that should be peachy in the legal terms. :-)

Last edited by Polargames on Sat 4 Jan 2020 - 0:17; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Polargames
Polargames

SD2SNES renamed to FXPAK Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 6 Jan 2020 - 0:45

"Solid Drive 2 SNES"

problem solved

This way you can still call it the SD2SNES in the community.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

SD2SNES renamed to FXPAK Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Mon 6 Jan 2020 - 17:39

Erockbrox wrote:"Solid Drive 2 SNES"

problem solved

This way you can still call it the SD2SNES in the community.

That's a great idea, I really like it Very Happy Yes . We should make stickers for it :-)
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 25 Jan 2020 - 19:21

Here is the sticker that if you the user would like to make for your SD2snes pro or og. The reason this was made because of Erockbrox finding that the makers of sd2snes could not use the SD because of trademark issues. They had renamed the product FXPak, which does not sound very great at all. Credit goes to Erockbrox for coming up with the name. Here it is

SD2SNES renamed to FXPAK Cool_t12

Feel free to resize it to your liking, and if needed to you can crop out the pro part if your cart is not the pro model. We hope that it will bring you all enjoyment.

Last edited by Polargames on Sat 25 Jan 2020 - 19:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down