Erock's Beta Testing

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Erock's Beta Testing - Page 2 Empty Re: Erock's Beta Testing

Post by Floki Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 8:35

Yes I am burnt out working on rom hacks! have come up with a tangible replacement for the rings and triforce pieces...

Basically the rings are going to be Eroxes and triforce pieces will be Sefclids.

An Erox is a soul gem. There's Eroxes of Destiny, Eroxes of Madness and Eroxes of Worth. I have a tangible explanation for all of them. The Eroxes of Worth for exemple were once useless but became worth something when the main Erox complained!

The Sefclids were formed during the creation of the Milk Utopia. They contains fragments of insanity that the devs endured while they were building the utopia. I forgot what there three names are, but I have notes at home.

No Erocks, SePHs nor Euclids were harmed while thinking about these replacements...

Floki

Erock's Beta Testing - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 22:57

An Erox is a soul gem. There's Eroxes of Destiny, Eroxes of Madness and Eroxes of Worth. I have a tangible explanation for all of them. The Eroxes of Worth for exemple were once useless but became worth something when the main Erox complained!

HAHAHAHHAHAAHA

But seriously, I reached a mid life crisis of myself. The problem is that making these games is very very hard work and we get burn out.

It's like a hobby takes over your life and then you ask yourself "why am i still doing this" and "whats the point" and "WTF am I doing with my life" and "why the fuck did I get into this hobby".

Again a zelda rom hack can be an awesome adventure to make, but its fu*king crazy when you make one after another after another and we are not getting paid here.

It makes you think that you could be doing something more worth while in your life.

But if you do make a really good game then it can be worth it. I always say "a good game is forever". Because your kids can play it and then their kids can play it and so on for generations. People will still be playing SNES games 100 years from now, because the games will be free to download on the internet and easy to emulate and a whole new generation of people will be exposed to them for brand new experiences.

But really if you want to do game dev, then you might make a game which you own all the IP to so that way you get paid. Doing a hack is a passion project because its about learning about the original game and working within the limitations to create something cool for novelty sake.

I can tell you that it was very fun and cool to learn so much more about alttp than I ever have imagined as a kid. When I was a kid I played and beat the game but never knew all the programming details or how the game worked on the inside. But as a hacker you get to learn this info and that's what makes it exciting. but if you spend 10 years on a hack then fuck it because that's way to fucking long. amen.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Erock's Beta Testing - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 22 Feb 2020 - 16:58

So I had this crazy idea of dressing up Conker as Neo from the Matrix just like how Conker does it in Bad Fur Day in the Matrix part. I asked my pixel artist if he could draw up a sample of what it would look like. Here it is:

Erock's Beta Testing - Page 2 TAGhiII

All I need is the go ahead and I'll do the whole tileset for Conker. You could use it as the main sprite for the game or you could just use these graphics for a certain section in the game similar to how Conker looks different in certain sections in CHRT. Let me know what you think.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 27 Feb 2020 - 15:11

I can't think of any place to use this sprite, but if that can make you happier, I'd say go for it, ask your spriter for the complete sheet!

I'll find some use for it I guess.

Edit:

How about changing the red and green tunics?

Do you think Erock that some White Ninja Squirrel-sized Clothes and a Black outfit with sunglasses like the sprite by your fabulous artist above would be good enough replacements for the red and green tunics?

But that would need some asm magic!

;^)

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 27 Feb 2020 - 19:22

I can't think of any place to use this sprite, but if that can make you happier, I'd say go for it, ask your spriter for the complete sheet!

Remember how in CHRT how in different areas the main character changed appearance? Like how in the fire rod dungeon he turned into the Minish Cap Link and then in the Parallel Tower he turned into regular Link. Then you turn into princess Zelda near the end of the game. Then he turned into the storm trooper in the Jedi dungeon.

I was thinking, what if you did that just for a certain area and turned him into Neo Matrix Conker. This should be possible.

I just need to check one thing. This is the full tile-set for Conker/Link right? Sometimes its just a little hard to tell what the character is doing because the head and body are split up in the images.

Erock's Beta Testing - Page 2 Ax3Lehv

The whole point of this custom sprite is for him to look like Neo like he did in Bad Fur Day. Like this:

Erock's Beta Testing - Page 2 ZhDd5uy
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 1 Mar 2020 - 13:53

Yeah that's Conker's sprite. I could use it in the last segments of the game perhaps.

People on the Zelda 3 randomizer discord made several documents and tools to easily edit that sprite. You should check out there discord and look for the sprites section, then check the channel pinned documents!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 1 Mar 2020 - 20:32

Hey, thanks for the discord information. I didn't know about that.

Just for kicks, here are the links to the tools and website.

alttp PNG (tool)

https://github.com/spannerisms/ALttPNG/releases

Sprite Something (tool)

https://github.com/Artheau/SpriteSomething/releases

randomizer pick your custom character link

http://alttp.mymm1.com/sprites/

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 5 Mar 2020 - 6:01

I'm retiring on April 1st 2020, will release the game publically as is on that date. Won't fix anything thats reported after unless critical bugs still there.

So whatever remains on your fantasy wishlist beyond that date will have to be inserted by yours truly! Don't worry, will also release my Conker Compendium and unlock all my private Conker threads publically.

Right now I'm finishing skuj overworlds and will be finished by April 1st as well.

And no that's no april fools lol Very Happy Razz (Conn)

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 18:36

Okay, well my spriter is working on the Neo Conker sprite set right now.

Let me know if you have any special requests. I did want to have some time to re-draw some of the enemies still using their original graphics.

Is the MSU-1 now working? Is the April 1st going to be the public beta?

Also can you post the Storm Trooper sprite set from CHRT. That Storm Trooper tile set hasn't been used as a custom character for the Zelda 3 randomizer and I'm going to submit it to that group as one.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 5:57

I'm "abandonning" the game on April 1st. No more betas, just a public release and retirement. Just like that!

No special requests, like I said you are welcome to continue working on the hack beyond that date. Won't dedicate more of my time on Zelda hacking!

Msu-1 I've asked pcms to be looped a long time ago, they half done but no idea if its still being worked on.

I submitted stormtrooper sprite to randomizer already, but they may not have implemented it.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 15:19

Actually I've changed my mind (it never happens....) and I'll release the open beta any hour now. That way I will be able to fix critical bugs before April 1st arrives. We can add your new gfx stuff after beta, no big deal.

Also I'm nearly finished with skuj overworld, took me one week to reach a 80% overworlds done. Five more days will be enough....

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 16:35

I actually meant **any day**, rather then **any hour** haha, but next weekend could be a possibility! Laughing

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 18:18

We can add your new gfx stuff after beta, no big deal.

COOL! Very Happy

Also I'm nearly finished with skuj overworld

Let me know if you want me to beta test this too.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 23 Mar 2020 - 23:17

right click and view image to see full image

Erock's Beta Testing - Page 2 P2uwz8p

Erock's Beta Testing - Page 2 LmVEChc
Erockbrox
Erockbrox