Shining Force II - Symphonic Suite - Tracks Done, what next?

Go down

Shining Force II - Symphonic Suite - Tracks Done, what next?  Empty Shining Force II - Symphonic Suite - Tracks Done, what next?

Post by Ghaleon Tue 23 Jan 2024 - 16:38

Hi guys, I edited the Shining Force II Symphonic tracks and filled in as needed with SFCD years ago when the MegaSD came out, but Terraonion couldn't give me any help with documentation or anything, so they've just sat around completed. They're edited to the exact second as the extracted SF2 Genesis files and normalized and everything.

There were no tutorials back then, but are they any now? I'm happy to do whatever you need to to get this playable, but I have no idea what to do. I'm not a developer but I can follow directions. I did a comprehensive retranslation and relocalization of Phantasy Star IV thanks to a disassembly and basic instruction already out there.

I'm not asking for anyone to do the work, but getting pointed to some step-by-step directions are all I'd need. I m a huge SEGA fan so I figured this would be something other people might really enjoy. I'd probably do a Shining in the Darkness Arranged too once this is done.

Thanks!

OH ArcadeTV said to post here, said he was unavailable atm. Wink

Ghaleon
Newcomer

Since : 2024-01-23

Back to top Go down

Shining Force II - Symphonic Suite - Tracks Done, what next?  Empty Re: Shining Force II - Symphonic Suite - Tracks Done, what next?

Post by jerrymh Sun 28 Jan 2024 - 2:35

Good ArcadeTV is one of the few programmers for MSU-MD+ MSU-MD and MD+ patches.
As I understand it, each rom is very different because there is no standard way to program each Megadrive game. Maybe if you post the tracks, someone will be encouraged to make the patch, And you can align them with the order that is in the rom on the Zophar page https://www.zophar.net/music/sega-mega-drive-genesis/shining-force-ii.
Once arcade TV explained to me how to capture the addresses that call the audio tracks but I don't know how to program so I didn't understand much. Laughing

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2021-02-11

Back to top Go down

Shining Force II - Symphonic Suite - Tracks Done, what next?  Empty Re: Shining Force II - Symphonic Suite - Tracks Done, what next?

Post by Relikk Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 15:46

Ghaleon wrote:Terraonion couldn't give me any help with documentation or anything

Weird. They had an MD+ dev manual. I've attached it.
Attachments
Shining Force II - Symphonic Suite - Tracks Done, what next?  Attachment
MegaSD_DEV_Manual.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(425 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
Relikk
Relikk

Shining Force II - Symphonic Suite - Tracks Done, what next?  Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down