The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom Empty The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom

The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom Godess_zps24077747
Latest version: 3.0
Download:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/662/
Original file to patch to: Alttp EU rom, no header (CRC-04D55E12)
Founder

The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom :: Comments

Post on Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 3:13 by Wolfcat

Can I patch Goddess of Wisdom to U(!), or E(!), or do we have to EU(!)?

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post on Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 11:49 by Puzzledude

Download:
https://discord.gg/hJWu9KK

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sun 21 Jul 2019 - 17:50; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post on Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 11:50 by Puzzledude

Here the original rom details from Romhacking:
Legend of Zelda, The - A link to the past [E] [!]
file CRC32: 04D55E12
file MD5: ECFB3BD489A15CDDA12066100BDE0378
file SHA-1: 7C073A222569B9B8E8CA5FCB5DFEC3B5E31DA895

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post on Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 11:53 by Puzzledude

From Readme on Romhacking:

/\
 /__\=========================================================================
/\  /\                         HOW TO PLAY (IPS PATCHING)
/__\/__\=======================================================================

1. You must have the original rom Zelda Link to the past. Here are the details:

Name: Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (E) [!]
  Date of last change: August 23rd 2004
  Size: 1.024 KB

If you dont have this specific rom, google it. Type this into search field:
Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (E) [!]
and you should find it quick.

Don't patch to other roms!

2. Unzip my file using Winzip!, NOT Winrar.

3. When you unzip, you'll get:
  A Lunar ips program,
  B Zelda Goddess of Wisdom v3-0 ips patch,
  C Read me file.

4. You must have all files in one folder = Rom file, Zelda ips file, Lunar ips program.

5. Open Lunar ips and select apply patch.

6. Select Zelda ips file = Zelda Goddess of Wisdom v3-0.ips

7. Now select the file to patch = Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (E) [!].smc

8. The patching is successful. Now rename the rom file from
  "Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (E) [!]"   to   "Zelda Goddess of Wisdom v3-0".

/\
 /__\=========================================================================
/\  /\                         HOW TO PLAY (EMULATORS)
/__\/__\=======================================================================

This game was finished from beginning to end with the Snes9x emulator for Windows.
This emulator is not the best, but with this game it works fine. You can also
use ZSNES emulator, the best SNES emulator, so they say. Google those emulators and download them.
Then choose load game and select the Goddess of Wisdom rom.

Note: Other emulators like SNES emulators for Wii, DS, PSP, PS are NOT recommended, but should work.
This game was Not designed for real hardware, so do note, that you might experience unwanted things if playing on real system, or simply find the game to be to difficult with no save states in some rare cases.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 0:26 by Wolfcat

Thank you very much. That clarifies the answer I was looking for. E(!) = EU,
and of coarse patch to unheadered which I knew.

Last edited by Wolfcat on Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 0:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It was wrong and I want to correct it.)

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal

Post on Thu 10 Jan 2019 - 10:25 by SunGodPortal

The RHDN page has a v3.1 and the readme from the 3.0. I'm guessing that was an "unofficial" update.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 30 Mar 2019 - 18:55 by Maex

Hello. Version 3.1 on romhacking.net seems to be broken. In the very first dungeon there are gloves in that chest, where the big key is supposed to be. I checked walkthroughs and the dungeon differs in other aspects a little bit as well. I checked the CRC32 of the original ROM btw.
I can't find a working link for version 3.0. Could you help me finding one?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post on Sun 31 Mar 2019 - 13:12 by Conn

post by wolfcat was deleted since roms were found in the links

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 31 Mar 2019 - 13:47 by Maex

Hello. Thanks for the links. Your versions 1.21, 3.0 and 3.1 all have the same crc32 as the version 3.1 on romhacking.net. So I got the same game after applying them. The version 1.2j has another crc32 but still gave me the same game at first glance.
But I managed to find a prepatched working 3.0 rom. I will not post a link for that of cource.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 1 Apr 2019 - 7:55 by Wolfcat

I didn't know that that website had roms in it.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post on Mon 1 Apr 2019 - 12:52 by Puzzledude

Back in the day I didn't know either. Bwass is thus unfortunately a rom site and should not be linked to publicly. You should inform others, if this is your and their wish, to browse such sites via PM or email.

Do note, I personally don't care about this, but you are on a public site, and linking to rom sites might get this site taken down, thus all public romhacking sites usually always have a no rom or no linking to romsites policy.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Sat 13 Jul 2019 - 7:13 by sinistra

About 3.1 on romhacking.net, a review say's "I hope I can save others time, this game is broken, no matter what version you download. I am not sure if someone went in and purposely messed up all of the versions. First started with 3.1, You get to the first dungeon and cannot proceed due to a missing statue in the very first room."

Then 7th July 2019, someone else reviews "I hope I can make others’ time better, this game is not broken, no matter which version you use. The idea that someone purposely messed up all of the version is fake news/reviews. If you first start with 3.1, you do not need a statue, since the button is hidden under a trick chair and is a one press and the chair is lifted as a jar, which apparently no one figuered out. So this version is essentially not broken. It appears they also missed a forum-topic with numerous guide-screens on the subject. "

But upon checking in HW, there's NO hidden button under a fake chair which you can lift, so my question is, what is going on with 3.1? also since 3.0 is the latest release on Zeldix.

I tried and tried, also replaced a soldier with a statue, but no matter what, the door won't stay open and there's no Big-Key to advance, so i'm stuck on 3.1, is that release official?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 13 Jul 2019 - 13:31 by Wolfcat

There is another key deeper in this dungeon, however, it appears that where the big key belongs the gauntlet level one gloves are instead, so I checked around, but I couldn't find any direction I could go in the dungeon or even outside the dungeon with the gloves, so I am stumpted. I could check with HM but who would go that far as this wasn't meant to be a Kaizo hack otherwise it would have been under that category I would think, but your guess is as good as mine.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 5:10 by sinistra

I happend to stumble upon a 3.0 version, which is fully working.

Legend of Zelda, The - Goddess of Wisdom v3.0 by PuzzleDude, SePH, Omega, DudeMan and Francais (Hack).bps

Maybe a moderator add this one, since the link to romhacking give's you the broken version 3.1?

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 5:35 by sinistra

Wolfcat wrote:There is another key deeper in this dungeon, however, it appears that where the big key belongs the gauntlet level one gloves are instead, so I checked around, but I couldn't find any direction I could go in the dungeon or even outside the dungeon with the gloves, so I am stumpted. I could check with HM but who would go that far as this wasn't meant to be a Kaizo hack otherwise it would have been under that category I would think, but your guess is as good as mine.

True, why would anyone do that.

But when someone claims this: "I hope I can make others’ time better, this game is not broken, no matter which version you use. The idea that someone purposely messed up all of the version is fake news/reviews. If you first start with 3.1, you do not need a statue, since the button is hidden under a trick chair and is a one press and the chair is lifted as a jar, which apparently no one figuered out. So this version is essentially not broken. It appears they also missed a forum-topic with numerous guide-screens on the subject. "

After a few hours lurching around in the game, i just went along and opened up the ROM in HW, and there's just no such thing as a hidden switch or hidden chair.

Also when you download the file 3.1 from romhacking.net and read the Zelda3_Goddess_of_Wisdom_3-1_Read.txt file, the contents isn't edited it still reads 3.0

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 6:13 by sinistra

Some sources:

https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/a72v93/zelda_gow_bug_or_me_being_dumb/

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=28132.0

P.S. i replied to the topic on romhacking.net basically asking "lyapko" to share his/her sources with us, since he/she apparently is the only one with a working 3.1, if he/she can't or won't do that then it's crystal clear who's a fraud and messing with us.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 7:58 by Wolfcat

Maybe I am wrong, but I think I have these versions:
alttp - Goddess of Wisdom  v1-21
alttp - Goddess of Wisdom v2-0
alttp - Goddess of Wisdom v3-0
alttp - Goddess of Wisdom v3-1

I was able to move the statue onto the switch in version 1.21,
and I agree that it appears that the one tap floor switch shown in the picture from that link don't exist under the chair shown. I believe I have played versions 2 and 3 all the way through, but I don't think I played all the way through version 1.21.

And you were also right to check with HM, and I was partly wrong in saying that hidden stuff in hacks count as a Kaizo. In these hacks of Goddess of Wisdom that are playable, there are hidden items and so on. A true Kaizo is pretty much insanely relentlessly hard from the beginning to the end.

I ended up trying to edit version 3.1 in HM to see if I could get it to work. First I added the statue back as an enemy sprite, then I tested that edit in ZSNES. When I opened the chest in the room two rooms above, it was a little key instead of a big key, so I tried to edit the little key into a big key, but I couldn't figure out how.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 15 Jul 2019 - 11:37 by Wolfcat

OK, here's the answer I  was looking for:
https://lthzelda.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/lz-1-very-simple-introduction-to-hyrule-magic/

quote:
Ok, I’ve got more info now that I’m back:
1) Open Zelda3 in Hyrule Magic.
2) Click on “Dungeons”, then “Entrance 01”.
2.5) Right-click on the chest already there and choose “Remove”.
3) Right-click somewhere and choose “Insert an object”.
4) Browse to F99 and choose “Ok”.
5) Left-click on the chest you just inserted and press +
6) Continue pressing + until the name of the item changes to what you want.

end of quote.

Other than that, before that the chest that was there was under edit 3 at the bottom , and if the chest was F99 the you can just click 3 under edit in this case, then the chest, then +
I tried - to see if it would scroll backward, but something else appears, so I would have to keep messing with how the keyboard was programmed to work with HM.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Wed 17 Jul 2019 - 11:16 by sinistra

No i didn't get any PM message's , i just noticed the PM's, but from 2 day's ago you sent them but i check along every day so weird.

Anyway.

I got a response on the 3.1 rom:

"
lyapko said:

Re: Zelda 3: Goddess of Wisdom 3.1 glitch?

I was assuming the version here is the same. I got a prepatched rom here:
Rom link removed by moderator. Linking to rom sites or roms is not allowed.

So I did not patch anything, I'm not too fluent with patching and headers and other techincal stuff. But we don't seem to have the same version. Also how do you know it is EU. If I remember correctly mostly all ips files need an US rom (or german or japanese) to use as base. Could be a false ROM/ISO info. I suggest you go for the prepatched version to not deal with the patching which can and will produce bugged roms, like in your case apparently..

"

So i'm trying to locate the specific ROM, if you do find it, please PM me. thanks

I wouldn't want to waste more time on 3.1 , who know what else is buggy there when patching, i need that ROM file that lyapko has.

Kind regards,

Sinistra

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 10:59 by sinistra

Look what i found on youtube.

Note that GoW 3-0 can no longer be downloaded from RomHacking(dot)Net. After removing the push statue at the guardhouse entrance, PuzzleDude updated the IPS patch on that site to GoW 3-1 to force players to download jammer506's GoW redux, which introduces simplified gameplay mechanics and does away with PuzzleDude's tedious statue puzzles.

You can still download GoW 3-0 from Zeldix, but please note that that patch enables support for MSU-1 CD quality audio and the optional cinematic intro. In that case, you would need to download a non-headered US LttP rom and not the EU version, a set of .pcm files, and a MSU-1 compatible emulator like Snes9x 1.55 or higan.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:02 by Puzzledude

I hope this solves the questions for you: there is no 3.1 version of GOW and I did not update anything. The GOW I made is version 3.0. I do not know or care what Romhacking.net is hosting though, since I was perma banned a long time ago, so I can not use that site at all and I don't want to use it. What they host is their thing.

Someone suggested that I was only banned from forum but not from file-uploading, but this is not true either. I can't do anything, unless hacking in my IP, so that's really a hard blow since I can not update or modify my own stuff. I can not even upload a new hack for instance. But I do not want to use that site at all, because of their diabolical community.

So that statement above that I wanted players to rather play jammer's version is not true either. Jammer made a nice remake of GOW, calling it GOW-remake v1.21 and this is also highly recomended since GOW 3.0 is more like a master quest. The remake fixes the story and replaces all the tedious parts of the game with something more playable.

I did also make a GOW 3.0 with MSU, this one I believe is compatible with US non headered patch, while GOW 3.0 is compatible with EU non headered patch. GOW remake v1.21 also needs EU non headered rom to patch to. Of course you need a MSU compatible emulator or device with all the ALttP PCM files to hear the audio and see the intro cinematic. I used ALBW orchestra if I remember correctly.

I hope this ends your doubts and answers your questions.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:16; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:08 by sinistra

Yes, thank you for clearing things up, i had my doubts already about that story wondering why would PuzzleDude do such thing? and my feeling was right.

So that 3.1 on romhacking is a bogus patch, so 1.21 and 3.0 are official and working.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:10 by Puzzledude

so 1.21 and 3.0 are official and working
Yes, as well as the 3.0 MSU version, which DarkLink is playing on that YouTube video you posted.

So that 3.1 on romhacking is a bogus patch
I can not see the site, so no idea what they have. I would have to have that patch or the (correctly) patched rom. I also have no intention of fixing it though, if it is bugged.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:15 by sinistra

Nice, i just started 3.0 and i like it, 👍👍👌
After that i'll have a go with 1.21.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum