Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Post by HappyKool on Fri 22 May 2015 - 16:15

Hello everyone, I wanted to thank you and congratulated the people or made to project zelda MSU1 and those who made that possible (Conn, TheRetromancer and Byuu BNES and Higan for his great emulator). And I hope there will be another projects MSU1 Games, I like, I have wanted to ask a question. Does it be possible to do on Roma localized games like Zelda europe example the Roma but French or Canadian. I tried although I knew it was stuck with the format, without success. Because there are a lot of great games that will deserve it if they will have a CD OST (Secret of Mana, Secret of everymore, Seiken Densetsu 3, etc.) Regards HappyKool

HappyKool
Leever
Leever

Since : 2015-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Fri 22 May 2015 - 21:09

I'm not sure regarding the roms distributed in different countries. You see there are a lot of hooks in the native code needed to implement this Feature. If the original code differs in These crucial places from Translation in other countries, the game will most certainly Crash. Best you try out yourself whether it works or not.
A possible cause why it didn't work is that you forgot to remove/add a Header (my zelda hack is for unheaderd Rom). If this is not the case, then I Need to say sorry.

As for the further Projects, I know that DarkShock released a SoM hack recently:
https://www.zeldix.net/t619-msu-1-secret-of-mana
But as far as I know he's currently the only Person doing more msu hacks. I abandoned after a small shit storm on my SMW hack and have Major real life responsibilities anyways. But you can tell that DarkShock is overextended with requests doing this and this and that game, too, so better not bug him with requests.
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyKool on Sat 23 May 2015 - 4:55

Hello all, you must not be sorry Conn when I see the work that it takes and you voluntarily made by passion and I greet with joy the work of people like you and others Very Happy

After so if I can find a french translation patch for Roma USA maybe the game will accept. I'll look at all the cases I encourage everyone to continue.

Because I saw a Rom Zelda MSU-1 in Portuguese - Brazilian so surely this is a rom that has been patched after

Regards
Happy

Last edited by HappyKool on Sat 23 May 2015 - 5:01; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : editing)

HappyKool
Leever
Leever

Since : 2015-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ifrit05 on Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 3:02

I've ripped some tracks from A Link Between Worlds to use with the MSU hack, proper looping and all. Some tracks don't exist in ALBW, so I took some liberties with those and chose the best ones available that fit IMO.

If anyone want's to try them let me know. Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, I mean no ill intentions.

ifrit05
Newcomer

Since : 2015-09-23

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum