Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 20 Empty Re: Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Post by HappyKool Fri 22 May 2015 - 16:15

Hello everyone, I wanted to thank you and congratulated the people or made to project zelda MSU1 and those who made that possible (Conn, TheRetromancer and Byuu BNES and Higan for his great emulator). And I hope there will be another projects MSU1 Games, I like, I have wanted to ask a question. Does it be possible to do on Roma localized games like Zelda europe example the Roma but French or Canadian. I tried although I knew it was stuck with the format, without success. Because there are a lot of great games that will deserve it if they will have a CD OST (Secret of Mana, Secret of everymore, Seiken Densetsu 3, etc.) Regards HappyKool

HappyKool
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Since : 2015-05-22

Back to top Go down

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 20 Empty Re: Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Post by Conn Fri 22 May 2015 - 21:09

I'm not sure regarding the roms distributed in different countries. You see there are a lot of hooks in the native code needed to implement this Feature. If the original code differs in These crucial places from Translation in other countries, the game will most certainly Crash. Best you try out yourself whether it works or not.
A possible cause why it didn't work is that you forgot to remove/add a Header (my zelda hack is for unheaderd Rom). If this is not the case, then I Need to say sorry.

As for the further Projects, I know that DarkShock released a SoM hack recently:
https://www.zeldix.net/t619-msu-1-secret-of-mana
But as far as I know he's currently the only Person doing more msu hacks. I abandoned after a small shit storm on my SMW hack and have Major real life responsibilities anyways. But you can tell that DarkShock is overextended with requests doing this and this and that game, too, so better not bug him with requests.
Conn
Conn

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 20 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyKool Sat 23 May 2015 - 4:55

Hello all, you must not be sorry Conn when I see the work that it takes and you voluntarily made by passion and I greet with joy the work of people like you and others Very Happy

After so if I can find a french translation patch for Roma USA maybe the game will accept. I'll look at all the cases I encourage everyone to continue.

Because I saw a Rom Zelda MSU-1 in Portuguese - Brazilian so surely this is a rom that has been patched after

Regards
Happy

Last edited by HappyKool on Sat 23 May 2015 - 5:01; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : editing)

HappyKool
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Since : 2015-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ifrit05 Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 3:02

I've ripped some tracks from A Link Between Worlds to use with the MSU hack, proper looping and all. Some tracks don't exist in ALBW, so I took some liberties with those and chose the best ones available that fit IMO.

If anyone want's to try them let me know. Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, I mean no ill intentions.

ifrit05
Newcomer

Since : 2015-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBird Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 2:17

Where am I supposed to find optional_video.ips? Because it's not in any of the rars as far as I can tell...

https://imgur.com/Nr5Ywa8

ifrit05 wrote:I've ripped some tracks from A Link Between Worlds to use with the MSU hack, proper looping and all. Some tracks don't exist in ALBW, so I took some liberties with those and chose the best ones available that fit IMO.

If anyone want's to try them let me know. Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, I mean no ill intentions.
Please, I would like this.

RedBird
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2017-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 6:03

A while ago, I merged the video.ips with the music.ips for making it easier for the users. The readme references are a relict that I forgot to remove (I updated now).
If you applied the allt_msu1.ips you should see an introduction video.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBird Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 20:44

I see. I just started ALTTP MSU1 and the intro FMV is fantastic! Where did it come from? Is it entirely fanmade?

The music is also awesome, but is there any way of adjusting its volume? It sounds too loud on higan to the point it drowns the sound effects.

RedBird
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 20:50

Where did you get your audio files? Several of us here have spent a lot of time getting audio levels fixed for a ton of games. Try this thread for a corrected audio pack: https://www.zeldix.net/t1265-fixing-all-of-the-too-loud-audio-packs-for-good
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 21:18

The initial emulator level was on 60 and sd2snes on ff, so 2 different patches were needed. Ikari, so creator of sd2snes addressed this problem with a firmware update with an audio boost.
Since then, the new standard is max, ff. Qwerty adjusted all old pcm files to this new level (60 -> ff). I think I updated all my mirrors, I am fortunately or unfortunately pedantic here, but it could have happened that I missed to update a mirror. So yes, it would be interesting to tell where you got your files from to see whether it is forgotten or a subjective impression by you.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 7:34

*gosh, no wonder why you experienced these problems, RedBird, I checked my mirror:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnoZka-iPruQhGsp8oC4Uy4eiLaY
Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 20 Image223

The two files you probably downloadad (alttp_msu.zip and optional_video.zip) are outdated (22nd July 2016), these are from that time before qwertymodo normalized the tracks to FF and the video and pcm were separated.
The correct file is alttp_msu.7z (16th December 2016), here the video is already included and the music should be much more quiet now. Please use this file!

To avoid further problems and confusion, I deleted the both outdated files from my drive (alttp_msu.zip and optional_video.zip) now, I somehow forgot this I guess.

Sorry for this. Sad
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBird Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 1:41

Don't worry. And thank you, works as a charm now!

RedBird
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by GinBunBun Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 7:41

I am having issue trying to get this to work. I have many MSU1 games in there respective folders that function without a hitch on both snes9x 1.55 and sd2snes. How ever after following the instructions to the letter, making sure I had a clean unheadered USA copy of the rom, expanding it to 1.5mbs, patching it with lunarips, and making sure all the required PCM tracks, MSU file and so one are all included in a folder when I play the game the standard music plays. No video intro, nothing. Its like a vanilla copy of the game. I have no idea what exactly I did wrong or what but any help would be much appreciated.
GinBunBun
GinBunBun
Witch
Witch

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 15:48

- copy all files from
into a folder
- expand your copy of Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (USA).sfc, rename it to alttp_msu.sfc, and move it in your folder
- extract and apply alttp_msu1.ips from
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/zelda3_msu.zip
onto your alttp_msu.sfc

Play it in snes9x 1.55

Works on my side. Most probably you named your patched rom incorrectly it must be alttp_msu.sfc and !not! alttp_msu1.sfc or whatever.
If this doesn't help, please send a screenshot of your folder with the files.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by GinBunBun Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 11:44

Conn wrote:- copy all files from
into a folder
- expand your copy of Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (USA).sfc, rename it to alttp_msu.sfc, and move it in your folder
- extract and apply alttp_msu1.ips from
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/zelda3_msu.zip
onto your alttp_msu.sfc

Play it in snes9x 1.55

Works on my side. Most probably you named your patched rom incorrectly it must be alttp_msu.sfc and !not! alttp_msu1.sfc or whatever.
If this doesn't help, please send a screenshot of your folder with the files.

wow i cant believe i overlooked that. I use FLIPS patcher instead of lunar ips and it put the 1 in there. I didnt notice. But yeah you were right taking out the 1 in the rom file name did the trick it all works perfectly now lol. thanks man!
GinBunBun
GinBunBun
Witch
Witch

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBird Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 14:14

Question: Where can I find the latest version of the patch in which the MSU patch and video patch are separate files? I don't want the intro FMV anymore.

RedBird
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 16:36

Question: Where can I find the latest version of the patch in which the MSU patch and video patch are separate files? I don't want the intro FMV anymore.
It's indeed awful to button press it away Wink

You need to apply

https://www.zeldix.net/t807-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-dx
then.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBird Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 20:02

It's not that, it's that as well done as it was, the intro FMV bugs me because it feels really out of place to me, as it specifically calls the player character "Link" even if you named him something else; and has Link talking, something I don't think Nintendo would ever do (not even Breath of the Wild had him talking in the FMVs).

Thanks for that link, but I'm not not looking for any enhancements beyond the CD-quality audio.

Oh well. Guess I'm probably better off with the latest version that comes with the MSU and FMV patches combined, given that it's the only one with the latest fixes.

RedBird
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 20:36

You can open the patched rom in a hex editor,
press ctrl+g
goto address 0x11f693
and edit there D0 06 into EA EA

=> no more video
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBird Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 21:33

Just tried that and the video still plays when I start a new game for some reason:
https://imgur.com/VCXf40Q

RedBird
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 7:42

oh, sorry try this:
press ctrl+g
goto address 0x11f687
and edit there F0 06 into EA EA

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBird Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 14:35

Thanks, it worked!

RedBird
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Pheature Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 14:03

Pheature wrote:I have a question that I've reached my limits on trying to resolve. I'm playing on a SD2SNES brand new cart and the audio just sounds aweful. It's like its being drastically over modulated and blown out. I've read this thread, I've read the into to MSU threads and the threads on boosted PCMs, I've hex edited the volume lower, I've gotten the -21db PCMs, I opened and sampled the audio on the PCMs and they sound great on my PC by themselves but as soon as I boot the game up on my cart it sounds like the volume is boosted to WAY above reasonable. The actual volume is normalized with the sound effects, but it sounds like its getting boosted somewhere. Any help on this one?

Pheature wrote:UPDATE: It's roughly 99.99% likely to be some form of hardware issue. I tried a new SD card, reset my firmware, tried SmokeMonster SD2SNES packs, tried multiple other MSU-1 games (several pre-patched just to make sure) and on 4 different TVs  and the audio issue persists. I have purchased 2 refurbished SNES consoles and 2 new Super NT consoles so after I test this out on the new consoles I will know if my issue is my SD2SNES or if it was just a result of trying to use a shitty Retro Duo console from the start. Basically, thanks to Qwertymodo, I have it narrowed down to a hardware issue somewhere.... hopefully its just a garbage console.... but def not a software issue. Thanks for the help and sorry for the false alarm lol.

UPDATE 2: It was hardware, just tested in on a legit SNES and the audio is amazing. Thanks again for all the help and for this wonderful project!

Last edited by Pheature on Sat 11 Aug 2018 - 18:34; edited 2 times in total

Pheature
Newcomer

Since : 2018-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 14:29

I know that each emulator tends to vary on having the right sound adjustment. When i downloaded the version off romhacking.net it didnt sound right for my emulator and when i downloaded the one off this site it worked great. Try the romhacking.net download, maybe that one will work for you, if not, just hang tight and someone with more knowledge will give you a better answer than mine.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 15:22

Do you happen to know what hardware revision of the SD2SNES you have? It sounds like maybe you have a Rev. G board, which could account for the sound issue. If so, you'll need to get your SD2SNES modded, first by "downgrading" to Rev. F, then upgrading to Rev. H, preferably via Borti's upgrade PCB.

If that's not the case, and you have a different hardware revision, then something else is wrong and we'll keep troubleshooting. If you have Discord, it might be able to work through the troubleshooting there, since real-time communication tends to be easier than forums for that kind of thing.

https://discord.gg/8pUFGa
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 15:29

The sd2snes volume should be same level as any emulators. I'm sure you have the latest firmware as well, right?
This is the first time I hear from this trouble. You should try other games. If you experience the same problems, you should ask at a sd2snes tech forum, or directly ikari.
Here we only provide the patches and are no experts on sd2snes.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next