The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past DX

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past DX Empty The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past DX

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past DX 2234ti10

Download: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2234/

Mercurial Magic Packs:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3s0dxqhmf2ndd#u1cob4s3mc1ji

Description: In contrast to Conn's patch this one works without needing to expand the rom, also included are pegasus direction change, and other hacks. Read the description at romhacking.net

Last edited by Conn on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 7:02; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past DX Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past DX :: Comments

qwertymodo

Post Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 12:35 by qwertymodo

Credit where credit is due, this IS Conn's patch (everything except the title screen gfx), all I did was move pointers around.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 14:35 by kurrono

Does it work with link's apple video? Cause the other patch ihear the. Talk with his uncle but the video the screen is white...r

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 15:24 by qwertymodo

This does not have the video patch, no.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 16:05 by Quadal

What do you do with .MSU1 files?  I thought you only needed the unheadered rom, ips patch file, and the pcm music files to get these to work.  I downloaded one of the mercurial magic packs and it only gives the .MSU1 file so I'm unsure on what to do with it.  Do I still need to find a pcm pack somewhere?

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 16:09 by qwertymodo

.msu1 is an attempt at a standardized distribution format, to simplify the question of "what do I do with these 50 different files?".  It contains all of the .pcm music files and the patch file.  If you're using Snes9x v1.55, you can use that file directly by placing it into your patch directory and naming it to match your unmodified, unheadered aLttP ROM file, and it will hot-patch the file for you.  Or, you can use Mercurial Magic to apply the patch and export all of the files: https://www.zeldix.net/t1477-mercurial-magic

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 16:35 by Quadal

qwertymodo wrote:.msu1 is an attempt at a standardized distribution format, to simplify the question of "what do I do with these 50 different files?".  It contains all of the .pcm music files and the patch file.  If you're using Snes9x v1.55, you can use that file directly by placing it into your patch directory and naming it to match your unmodified, unheadered aLttP ROM file, and it will hot-patch the file for you.  Or, you can use Mercurial Magic to apply the patch and export all of the files: https://www.zeldix.net/t1477-mercurial-magic

Thanks for the quick reply but I still have a couple of questions. Do I need to patch the rom with the ips file before running it through mercurial magic? I'm running them through lr-snes9x in retroarch so when I export them using mercurial magic do I select gamepak or SD2SNES/SNES9X?

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 16:47 by qwertymodo

Do you mean .bps? I don't think I ever released it in .ips format... in any case, no if you're using the .msu1 pack, don't apply any patches beforehand. Export as SD2SNES/Snes9x.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 17:15 by Quadal

qwertymodo wrote:Do you mean .bps?  I don't think I ever released it in .ips format... in any case, no if you're using the .msu1 pack, don't apply any patches beforehand.  Export as SD2SNES/Snes9x.

Thanks again. I got the enhanced music to work but I'm not sure I got the other features of the DX patch as I can't swap items using L/R. I mainly just wanted the music though so I'm fine with it as is.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 18:55 by Conn

I briefly tested (by cheating all 7ef34x items) and L/R worked for me like a charm...

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 19:34 by Quadal

Conn wrote:I briefly tested (by cheating all 7ef34x items) and L/R worked for me like a charm...

Not sure what I've done wrong then. Is there anything I need to do at all with the bps patch since I have the .MSU1 file?

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 19:39 by qwertymodo

You know what, I just realized that the .msu1 packs probably just include the MSU-1 audio only. So yeah, I'd grab the patch file, apply it to an original ROM, then use that to completely replace the ROM that Mercurial Magic exported.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 19:51 by Quadal

qwertymodo wrote:You know what, I just realized that the .msu1 packs probably just include the MSU-1 audio only.  So yeah, I'd grab the patch file, apply it to an original ROM, then use that to completely replace the ROM that Mercurial Magic exported.

Hmm trying to patch it using beat and it says "patch application has failed." Is there a specific version of the rom I need or anything else I need to do to it? I'm using a US rom that is unheadered. Flips also says "This patch is not intended for this rom."

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 20:36 by qwertymodo

Should be expecting the USA unheadered ROM.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 20:53 by Quadal

qwertymodo wrote:Should be expecting the USA unheadered ROM.

Okay I got it working finally. Guess I just had the wrong version of the game as an alternate one worked. I appreciate the help and quick responses.

Back to top Go down

Rahzadan

Post Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 20:06 by Rahzadan

Any way this could be made to work with the intro Link's apple video?

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 15:09 by qwertymodo

It could be, I'm not really all that interested in making it happen though... and no, you can't just apply both patches on top of each other. Sorry.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Fri 13 Jul 2018 - 22:15 by Polargames

deleted

Last edited by Polargames on Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 18:23; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Pepv pefers links, So I am fixing all of the ones on posted)

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 11:06 by TylerDurden

I can't get the musics working on it.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 11:57 by Relikk

What is your set-up? Are you using an emulator? SD2SNES on real console or a Super NT? We need a bit more information.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 13:25 by TylerDurden

I am running snes9x and bsnes on a Personal Computer. When I was opening up the patched rom on snes9x it was given an error complaining about the patch. I've just opened the game on it to write on here the exact message and didn't experience the same message again. I have the Zelda a link to The Past MSU that the music works great, but the the Dx version the CD quality sound don't get working, it just plays the original one.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 13:39 by Relikk

After you patched the ROM, did you rename it to match the MSU file and PCM pack that you're trying to use with it?

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 13:47 by qwertymodo

After you patch the ROM, delete the patch file, or at least move it somewhere else. It sounds like you still have the patch file in the same folder as the patched ROM, and Snes9x is trying to hotpatch the already patched ROM.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 24 Jul 2020 - 21:32 by TylerDurden

Thank you guys for help. The problem was as qwertymodo pointed it out, the bps file was the issue.
I tested it only with snes9x on Windows, however, with Higan on Ubuntu it does not work.

Back to top Go down