Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014

Post by Erockbrox Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 2:52

03-21-09

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014 - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014

Post by Erockbrox Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 23:46

03-21-09

For this idea its like making a solid brick wall disappear. However really its just a pit that is located below, if it were used there should only be one star switch in the room so that you can't reveal the pit and only the disappearing effect got used.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 23:19

03-21-09

Apparently I sent tons of e-mails all on this one date. lol

Message tiles are hook-shot compatible. So if you want a hidden message then that's how you would do it.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 27 Sep 2014 - 5:29

a good idea for a similar riddle were to replace the chest with a Crystal Switch. Then you Need the cane of Somaria to bounce the Stone over the gap using the Pegasus boots and aftrwards make the Stone dissolve and hit the Switch.
The Switch will let a chest appear.
Conn
Conn

Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014 - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 27 Sep 2014 - 14:39

Conn wrote:a good idea for a similar riddle were to replace the chest with a Crystal Switch. Then you Need the cane of Somaria to bounce the Stone over the gap using the Pegasus boots and aftrwards make the Stone dissolve and hit the Switch.
The Switch will let a chest appear.

yes, but is there really a way to make a chest appear just from hitting a crystal switch?

peg switches only make pegs go up and down as far as i know.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 2:26

03-21-09

erock wrote:Check it out. Note I did not draw the new pot graphic but got it from bs zelda ancient stone tablets. If you put this in the game it will rule!

Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014 - Page 2 Newpotgraphic_zpscab1ff9a

Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014 - Page 2 Newandoriginalpotgraphic_zps80d51d3f
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 4:32

yes, but is there really a way to make a chest appear just from hitting a crystal switch?

peg switches only make pegs go up and down as far as i know.
yes you are right. But you can also make a peg come up to cling on with your hookshot.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 13:46

here's how I'd imagine:

You can't throw the block over the gap since it is too far, but if you ram it with your boots it will pass. Then you fire it, and it hits the peg switch, the orange peg comes up and you can grabble on it with your hookshot Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 0:59

Oh, yes I see now Conn your idea. Very neat!

03-21-09

This is me telling Zack about the ancient stone tablet zelda game since he never heard of it nor played it before.

erock wrote:Ok here are the actual ancient stone tablet roms check them out. They are a must play. I did not know how cool they were until I finally sat down and checked them out. In total there are 4 different roms you play them in order from 1-4. They must also be played on the snes9x emulator because they will not play with zsnes.

Go here for an online walkthrough and for more info.

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bszelda.shtml

Trust me this game is sometimes weird so if you get stuck go to the above link for a walkthrough. There is a clock timer and you have to be in certain places at the right time to do certain things and there is no way of finding that stuff out on your own.

You can also download them here if you have trouble with them in the e-mail.

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bszelda.shtml

Also check out the image I included in this e-mail.The image is a buch of sprites you can use from the ancient stone tablets game of characters that were never used in the original zelda 3 and there are these crazy mini games. Checking out these game is totally worth it!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 4:46

Oh, yeah I was hacking this game up and down. Due to AST and bszelda1 I got my skills.

Watch this Video for the best Infos about the games:

http://blip.tv/play/hKh5gpjiJAI%2Em4v
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 23:18

03-21-09

erock wrote:Ok I have one more game for you to check out at least graphics wise. It is Mother 3. Apparently it is the 3rd earthbound game and it’s for gameboy advanced. Apparently it is a huge translation hack. So you would have to find the rom and the patch. You can read more about it at.

http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1333/

And here is the official site and where you can get the patch. The guys who did it took 13 years to complete from what I understand.

http://mother3.fobby.net/

Now the only reason I’m telling you about this game/hack is because of the graphics. In this e-mail I’ve sent you a picture with screenshots from the game. Check it out. Now I know you have your own tree graphics and that you want to keep them but look at how beautiful these tree sprites are. They look so gorgeous. This game is almost the same perspective as Zelda 3 and you could probably use many graphics from this game. Also look at the house in that picture and the other desert house thing. It looks like Luke Skywalker’s house from this home planet! Lol But seriously that dome looking hut could possibly be a nice unique desert house in your Zelda 3C. Anyways just throwing ideas out there for you! Well at least you could keep this game in mind so if you are ever looking for a certain type of graphic you can always play the game and take what you like.

I also included in this e-mail a picture of a puzzle design used in Zelda ancient stone tablets. I did not come up with it but I thought it was pretty cool because you have to light all the torches before you get the fire rod. If you play the game you will see what I’m talking about.

Ok, well I just want to say that I’ve given you pretty much every idea that I’ve been able to come up with! I’ve been thinking and trying to come up with the most mind boggling puzzles for months and I hope I was able to develop some interesting concepts for you. Thanks again for all of your help and feedback. Let me know if there is any specific part of Zelda3C that maybe I can help with. I’ll e-mail you with more designs when I get them but for right now I’m all out of ideas. E-mail me if you have any questions about my e-mails, designs or Zelda 3 in general. Thanks again -Eric

Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014 - Page 2 Mother3sprites_zpse0b873ed

Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014 - Page 2 Bszledacooldesignididnotmakeit_zpsc12bbe95

Also Conn I think its pretty neat to have played BS Zelda before I knew you and now I know that you are actually responsible for the release of that game!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 3:47

Oh, it was not just me; without Euclid having made a Translation and developed an Editor in HM style to restore the indoors and Duke restoring it faithful to the original game (and also other People working on it); we'd never have come this far with this gem.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 22:43

03-21-09

Lots of feed back from Zack.

Bumpers and pegs

Zack wrote:And, I'm back. I thought I was about to send you lots of email earlier today, instead of just that one, but life is unpredictable. ...I see you've responded with many, many messages, lol! The last one even says you're out of ideas. I've opened none of these yet. Let's focus on December some more.

Walking a path of bumpers while using the sword beam to toggle the pegs is another crazy, awesome idea. I like, I like! If Link ran out of magic, he'd be trapped in those pegs; I will design alternate routes for such cases.

My Excel workbook now has a sheet devoted to just bumper-related puzzles. (Another sheet is created just for the Cane of Somaria...)

I cannot believe the hookshot allows passage over spike blocks. What is Hyrule coming to? It looks unexplainable. Even if I don't use this, I must be careful not to let Link trap himself inadvertently.

awesome puzzle video and pic

Zack wrote:Wow, you're certainly a great puzzle designer. Here's how I described this one in my file:

This puzzle requires you to be very fast! You must place a Somaria block on the conveyor for later. Place a bomb south of the switch and then use the cape, use the hookshot, and use the hookshot again. The bomb goes off, lowering the pair of blue pegs. After crossing those, the Somaria block is ready to unseal the chest.

It was hilarious watching you fail twice -- I can't believe how close that came! Link was still crossing north after the peg went down! Unbelievable. Smile

totally super cool puzzles for zelda3c

Zack wrote:This email took a while longer than usual, since there were 4 videos (and 2 supporting screenshots) to process. And they *are* super cool!

Using my own naming convention, lol...

Zelda Video 14 - I enjoyed this puzzle: you must go to the center of the room to move a statue out of your hookshot's way. While this didn't teach me anything new about the game (like the others), it's a good layout.

Zelda Video 15 - Watched the demo of pit/bumper/mole, rinse, repeat. Over and over sounded repetitive, but I know you were just showing the method. What happens if you walk back toward the bumper, considering if you don't yet have the hammer? Instant pit access?

Zelda Video 16 - I still can't believe you found this one. Grabbing the statue with an unmeasurable foothold at the vertical pit? This will surprise many folks! It seems statues don't always make the best barriers, lol...

Zelda Video 17 - Okay, yeah, you had to place a bumper into ZV16 for good measure. The player is never going to have their cape in mothballs!

I see you've kept up the good work way beyond this email, so, moving right along.....

here are 3 e-mails with videos in each one really cool stuff!

Zack wrote:The first of the videos is quite the Christmas present. I never would've guessed that Link can pass alongside spike blocks that are spaced apart by a single tile's width. I can imagine this one in real life, too -- you could indeed climb through there if the spikes couldn't cut you.

Like some other videos, this one also serves as a warning. "Don't make a wall of loosely spaced spike blocks as decoration because the player can walk right past it."

the second one

Zack wrote:The second one is the idea that a peg switch for the hookshot can be up for just a split second, using the Cane of Somaria. That looks really hard to grab, but I see it's possible.

Hahah, I hope you realize that I do have a bunch of puzzle ideas of my own, though at the rate you're going you will think of them all ahead of time. Wink

never ending magic with cape trick video!!!!

Zack wrote:I'm speechless again... magic doesn't deplete when you're *pulling* a statue? Sounds like we need another clue somewhere in the game, like this:

"The statues in dungeons emit traces of magic, but only while you're pulling on them. You can't refill your magic meter, but it won't decrease, either..."

While this is cool, it takes a long time to complete and isn't very eventful. What would really be cool is if the puzzle takes place early in the game, before you have any bottles. That way the spike path can be much shorter. But... the cape isn't available early in the game. I must ponder this, lol...

Zack wrote:Ah'll give ya some feedback, ya whippersnapper!

I really didn't see a solution to this one before you gave it to me. The spikes do indeed throw Link backward after he hookshots across, which is pretty cruel treatment of our hero. Sure, if you use the bomb, the orange pegs will catch him from behind, but he still has to take that pain. We can't force Link to ever get hurt, of course.

I thought about using a bumper instead of the spikes, so that he'll still bounce back and need those orange pegs. Question is, will the bumper guarantee his plunge while the orange pegs are down?

Well, that was video #24, my favorite number, and it concludes your January submissions. Whew, I've done pretty good, covering two months in one day! Especially considering all the interruptions. It's hard to concentrate or listen to your descriptions when Metal Gear Solid is talking over you. I was so glad when my brother decided to pause it and go see his friends for a while.

Thanks for always putting so much effort into describing these creative situations. Looks like it's time for bed now; talk to you again soon!

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 2 Oct 2014 - 2:52

03-22-09

here is the redesign of a previous puzzle where the spikes have been replaced with a bumper so that link isnt forced to get hurt.

also i dont know if anyone remembers or not but i posted this image on the quest for calatia message board when it used to exist and i just want to tell everyone that this was the design where lots of statues are lined up while traveling on the red platform and you have to hookshot to the statue that is not a sprite.

Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014 - Page 2 Zelda3newdesignsendtommorrowcopy
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 1:08

11-11-08

I skipped this video by mistake. It was actually one of my first video designs I sent Zack.

Now looking back at it, I think its just an average design.

One important aspect is that you can hookshot off the platform and onto something else with no need for a question mark segment tile.

This was also independently discovered by another Zelda 3 rom hacker (I believe a french or dutch hack) when saw a video of their hack at a later date.

What would be really cool is if the platform didn't stop when you hook shot off of it and so you could have a race with the platform while your going though lots of other obstacles.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 2:03

amazing riddle, but you should be careful with riddles with which you can trap yourself. What if you don't have a cape or Magic? Can you hookshot back through the bumper?
Another unelegant Option were to make a "suicide spike" on the platform next to the chest.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 2:54

04-03-09

erock wrote:Ok here are some links to some websites regarding interesting information that you would probably like.

Apparently there is another Zelda 3 hack in the progress by a french gamer. Here is the site.

http://zelda-a-link-to-futur.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-zelda-iii-hack.html

There is a game for the game boy advanced which is called Zelda 4 swords. You can get some good sprites and graphics from that game. They have a pretty nice looking palm tree which I think you wanted.

http://zs.ffshrine.org/four-swords-adventures/sprites.php

Ok here is yet another game for graphics. Now I never even knew this game existed until like just a few days ago it’s called Zelda 4 swords adventures. Have you ever heard of it? It’s like Zelda a link to the past but only on game cube! You have to check this game out. The game has amazing graphics I just wish someone could figure out how to rip them so you can use them like in your hack. Watch the youtube video and your jaw will drop! I can’t believe I never even heard about this game when it was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EhsYw3DlH4&feature=PlayList&p=AA6AAA171F4488C0&index=1

Here is a youtube video describing a new Zelda game. Oh man this is crazy and I’m pretty sure it’s an official video and not a fake. The next Zelda game is going to take place in the future! Kind of like a weird Matirx and Terminator futuristic setting. Yeah, I’m not joking either. Link doesn’t ride a horse anymore now he drives a motorcycle that looks like it came straight out of Akira! I can’t even believe this is real this is a must watch video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvdT2C31oc&feature=related

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 1:31

11-13-08

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 1:47

03-15-09

zack wrote:Video 7 - I was thinking, "Yes, the fire rod WAS a mandatory item, it opened the center of Skull Forsest!" And then you showed me that the fire rod can't shoot over those high rails. Whoa. And then I immediately called out, before you said it, "Bombos, YES!!" I was thinking of an ASM hack that would allow Bombos to open a dungeon in the overworld, but this here is classic. Smile

And it's cool to hear someone else call those things Ice Aliens.

11-30-08

Here is pretty much my only overworld puzzle.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 7 Oct 2014 - 0:03

12-26-08

Here was another x-mas one.

In all honesty the pegs should have a longer duration between going up and down so that its easier to hookshot over there.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 3:17

12-26-08

Here is yet another merry x-mas video all the way back from 2008.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 1:27

12-30-08

I posted this one slightly out of order because I showed how to fix this in an earlier video.

The riddle here is that the bumper is blocking the question mark block and because of this you cannot make the platform and ride on it.

So the idea is that you can't just go up to it and make the platform like you usually can, but instead have to think of a creative solution to this riddle.

But in that earlier video I posted a correction. You can't have the bumper vertically like I do in the video because you can use the cape and appear right before the edge so you must use a horizontal layout for this to work.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 1:38

01-26-09

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 11 Oct 2014 - 1:51

02-01-09

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 12 Oct 2014 - 0:49

03-10-09

It is possible to jump from one red platform track to another one and this is how you do it.

However, it is slightly hard to do and you have a narrow window of opportunity to do it. This is so because the hookshot thinks that when a red brick is forming on a question mark tile that this is a solid tile yet not hookshot compatible.

Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014 - Page 2 Zelda3newdesignsendtommorrow_zps26d624db

To remedy this someone talented enough would have to make that creation animation red brick sequence allow the hookshot to pass right through it so you can attach yourself on the lantern and actually be on top of the newly made red platform.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Erock's Dungeon Designs 2008 - 2014 - Page 2 Hookshotplatformjumpfix_zps649280e4

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next