MSU1 Patch wishlist

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 3 Empty Re: MSU1 Patch wishlist

Post by Brachabre Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 23:04

I wait for the day Rockman & Forte (Mega Man & Bass) gets  MSU-1'ized  Mario.

Brachabre
Newcomer

Since : 2017-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lasthome Sat 4 Feb 2017 - 12:33

Super metroid is MSU-1 friendly so would be nice if something can be done with this hack: Super Metroid: Redesign
lasthome
lasthome
Newcomer

Since : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 17 Feb 2017 - 7:50

My MSU wishlist would be pretty much anything that was an arcade port so we can have the original arcade soundtrack, or something that is a version of a CD based game from another console. Stuff for arcade like...

Street Fighter 2 series,
Mortal Kombat series,
Final Fight,
U.N. Squadron,
Gradius III etc.

Console ports/versions like Dracula X.

If I could have any of those right now though it'd be Dracula X and any of the Street Fighter games.
Relikk
Relikk

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeldal Sun 19 Feb 2017 - 10:45

I don't believe it has been mentioned yet, but I can't blame anyone for this because the Remix/Arrange Soundtrack for these are very very VERY HARD to come by, and especially on youtube, but most of the tracks for Digital Devil Story 1&2, Shin Megami Tensei, and Shin Megami Tensei 2 all for SNES actually have been remixed to their fullest (Only the SMT Remixes are somewhat more easier to find, but finding the Digital Devil Arrange requires a bit of work). Some of these tracks later appeared in the more recent games, but usually as a fun reference. Also there is the PS1 soundtracks as alternative if the Arrange/Remix Soundtracks can't be tracked down.

It would be nice at some point for these games to get the MSU-1 treatment.

Zeldal
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasoi Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 15:22

The new arrangements for Rockman & Forte by Krzysztof Slowikowski are all done, it would be amazing to see an MSU1 hack with these, maybe combined with an existing english patch. Darkshock or anyone, would you be up for this?

https://krzysztofslowikowski.bandcamp.com/album/mega-man-bass-guitar-playthrough
Arasoi
Arasoi
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 2:29

Just throwing this out there, I finally decided to actually play FFIII that I bought a few years ago and has just been sitting on my shelf.  Never tried it before, but I'm already enjoying it.  If anybody was interested in taking a crack at the coding (I'm not, at this juncture), I'd be willing to look into converting Balance and Ruin for use as a soundtrack.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasoi Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 12:34

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16077.0

This hack appears to be along the same lines of what you're suggesting, though it hasn't been updated in a while.
Arasoi
Arasoi
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by smokemonster Sun 5 Mar 2017 - 13:55

My top choices for MSU1 hacks would be BS Dr. Mario and Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack.

They're two of my favorite games of all time, but their music selection is so small and short that it has come to drive me half crazy after hearing them so much through the years. Dr. Mario with its three tracks would especially benefit, even more so if there was a way to add additional tracks or shuffle between different versions.

There are infinite Dr. Mario covers available, and the Gamecube's "Nintendo Puzzle Collection" could possibly be used as the base music for Panel de Pon. I could help with tracklists if needed.
smokemonster
smokemonster
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by thepsynergist Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 4:26

I've been trying to figure out how to hack with this, though I've next to no coding knowledge, let alone assembly language for a SNES...

That being said, I'd love to have Illusion of Gaia/Time hacked for MSU-1 use.  I wanted to use my remastered soundtrack for the game, like I had done for my personal MSU-1 hack of Link to the Past that enables 8-bit music that I covered as well to be played in game.

Just in case people don't think I'm serious, here's the Illusion of Gaia album that I've made, in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1MIj2IIEQ&list=PLisRpuQKxsdOoS41xSVYDhe67POHPYtk-&index=1

Hopefully someday, there will be a tool that seeks out .spc calls in ROM and is able to patch any SNES game.
thepsynergist
thepsynergist
Leever
Leever

Since : 2017-03-18

https://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist

Back to top Go down

Post by Day2Data Mon 27 Mar 2017 - 18:03

My first time posting so I want to thank all the people doing the lords work. If I were a religious man, I would say you're casting spells on carts to make all this happen. Seriously, thanks to the programmers and the forum over lords for making this the best source for msu1 info and news.
::Warning:: I'm not good at funny
Now, the wishes.

Super Mario RPG
- I remember trying to emulate this game back in ott 4. It was like gargling sand while chewing gravel. Fortunately, that has changed. The bad thing is, it's an rpg with a bunch of music to sort through. The good thing, it's Super Mario. There are a ton of fan made remix and remake projects for Mario games. An album was recently released by OCRemix.

FFV - Yeah, I said it. Go ahead and laugh, I'll say it proudly.. FFV was THE BEST FF Game... released in 92. You start the game riding a chocobo, then you're on a friggin' boat, and then you climb up a mountain and Fus Ro Dah your dead dads pet dragon. Jobs? Skrillz? bruh.. dudes name, was Butz. All around good game. OCRemix is currently working on disc 3 out of 4.

This is not an ad for OCRemix, they just seem to be pumping out projects in a somewhat coordinated and steady pace. At first glance, they have a pretty loyal core and have competitions regularly. Perhaps a "from the ground up" collaboration, in which both forums poll their core members to choose a game. Provide the musicians with a direction or style and figure out how many tracks they need to produce.

NBA Jam - This is the one that could actually happen. Ports from the arcade and sequels that were pretty much identical games in overall presentation and concept. Maybe some OG 9 deuce Dr. Dre.

Guys... The Mortal Kombat song.

That's enough ranting for now. Thank you all!

Edit: There are a lot more anime related games that exclusively released in Japan. The Sailor Moon Rpg follows the series pretty closely if I recall correctly. Are FMV's aloud to be ripped from other media or is it limited to game remakes?
What's the criteria that best suits you, the creators?

Last edited by Cubear on Wed 13 Sep 2023 - 20:57; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Additions)
Day2Data
Day2Data
Rope
Rope

Since : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowOne333 Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 14:52

I'd like to suggest EarthBound.

This seems like a very good choice, since EarthBound hacking is actually pretty well documented in Data Crystal, and each track is also documented as well, along with the pointers and such.

One can even edit the songs in the game using Ebmused, which also shows the whole data for each track as well as its range in the ROM.
Oh and there are a lot of official OSTs floating around as well as fan made OSTs too.

So, with the current documentation and available music, I think doing an MSU-1 hack for EarthBound would be a great addition.
ShadowOne333
ShadowOne333
Witch
Witch

Since : 2016-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by PittStone Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 16:19

SOLVED:  My Wish is a MSU-1 Patch for the
"Hyper Street Kart" Hack from "Super Mario Kart"!!!
MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 3 Hyper-street-kart
We have some nice Streetfighter Music with Racing Capcom Fighters!   Confused Confused

Hyper Street Kart MSU-1

Last edited by PittStone on Mon 4 Sep 2017 - 9:57; edited 2 times in total
PittStone
PittStone

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 3 Image110

Since : 2017-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 16:22

It probably works just fine, did you try just applying both patches?
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by PittStone Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 16:26

Yes i have used the mario kart .bps to the hyper street kart hack and it says patch not worked.

qwertymodo wrote:It probably works just fine, did you try just applying both patches?
PittStone
PittStone

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 16:33

Try applying the MSU patch first. I just checked, it should totally work.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 16:53

Exactly patch mario kart 1st with msu1 patch then patch the game with hyper kart patch
kurrono
kurrono

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 3 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by PittStone Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 17:39

O.k. thats a good Idea. This Works. Thank you.

qwertymodo wrote:Try applying the MSU patch first.  I just checked, it should totally work.
PittStone
PittStone

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Mon 4 Sep 2017 - 22:31

I want to see Pilotwings msu1... i tried some hookups and. No luck just black screen  00F2DD,  00F2E6, 00F2B8..none of this hookup works..and 00F319 mess up the graphics hsha.. this is bad...instead of a blue sky i got a black sky with greenish afternoon
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Wed 6 Sep 2017 - 13:08

Gonna have to definitely say Secret of Evermore.  I know everybody shits on it, but that game is my childhood - that and Final Fantasy II & III.  

Though I'd also love Final Fantasy V done as well.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Since : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Wed 6 Sep 2017 - 14:00

I was a teenager playing snes...my childhod was atari. Jungle hunt...secret of ever more is almost done.
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 6 Sep 2017 - 14:15

Gonna have to definitely say Secret of Evermore. I know everybody shits on it, but that game is my childhood -
Nice coincidence, I posted the code yesterday:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1469-secret-of-evermore
Red is currently taking care of the pcm:s Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Thu 7 Sep 2017 - 8:02

Conn wrote:
Gonna have to definitely say Secret of Evermore. I know everybody shits on it, but that game is my childhood -
Nice coincidence, I posted the code yesterday:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1469-secret-of-evermore
Red is currently taking care of the pcm:s Very Happy

Oh, sweet merciful ginger Buddha, that made my f'ing day.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Since : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PittStone Tue 19 Sep 2017 - 21:28

My Wish is a MSU-1 Patch for "Zombies ate my Neighbors"!
I have good Ideas for the new Soundtrack.  And a few patches are available like "Oh No, More Zombies ate my Neighbors" or "Zombies Ate My Neighbors: The Sequel".
PittStone
PittStone

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyJo Tue 19 Sep 2017 - 21:41

i dont know if a project to build a port of Dragon's Lair could be possible with the work that was already done with Super Road Blaster ?
I suppose it could be a big project.. but a really cool port on the snes Smile

BillyJo
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2017-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Tue 19 Sep 2017 - 22:01

Oh u want dragons lair cd like road blaster in supernes...thats supposedly arcade and it came on cd on windows..and dvd to play on xbox or pas2
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next