how do i extract the graphics for yychr?

Go down

how do i extract the graphics for yychr? Empty how do i extract the graphics for yychr?

Post by Erockbrox Sun 14 Feb 2016 - 20:51

I want to know the steps on how to extract the graphics in zelda3 in those .bin files so I can then look at them in yychr.

Do I use that zcompress tool from fusoya?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

how do i extract the graphics for yychr? Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

how do i extract the graphics for yychr? Empty Re: how do i extract the graphics for yychr?

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 14 Feb 2016 - 23:57

Put your ROM into the same folder as Zcompress. To simplify everything, rename your ROM to zelda.smc. Find a CMD.exe on your computer (there should be one in the system32 folder for example) and COPY that into the folder with Zcompress and the ROM. Double-click the CMD.exe, type in "zcompress 0 zelda.smc allgfx.bin" and then hit enter. This will extract all of the graphics into one bin file. If you leave out the "allgfx.bin" part it will extract the graphics into a bunch of smaller files.

If you get the most recent version of Zcompress you won't have to worry about adding a totally useless header to your ROM. Zcompress is a bit picky about file sizes so make sure your ROM isn't some unusual size like 1,027kb. If your ROM hasn't already been through HM yet this shouldn't be a problem though.

Any further instructions you will need are in the readme.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

how do i extract the graphics for yychr? Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

how do i extract the graphics for yychr? Empty Re: how do i extract the graphics for yychr?

Post by Erockbrox Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 0:14

thanks.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

how do i extract the graphics for yychr? Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 0:30

No prob. Smile
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 16:48

Also its important @Eurockbrok
The rom name is exact the same as the original

"THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" Wink
ps you can make an batch file to its easy to make and to use

Compress.bat like so

zcompress 1 87200 Zelda3.smc Zelda3Gfx.bin
@pause

Decompress.bat like so
zcompress.exe 0 Zelda3.smc Zelda3Gfx.bin
@pause

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 17:46

"THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" Wink
ps you can make an batch file to its easy to make and to use

Note to Erock: That only applies to the internal name, not the file name. If you have not purposely changed this in HM or in a hex editor it will not be an issue.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Tue 16 Feb 2016 - 7:44

hmmmm strange @SunGodPortal,

When i not change the name to it what i whrite above i can do what i won't but i cannot decompress of compress The Zelda rom
i rename the rom alway's to Zelda3.smc so do i the same in the bat file and than i can work without a problem Very Happy

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down