Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread

Post by MikeRL on Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 13:04

OK thanks for the info. If there's anything I can do, let me know. I did notice some odd things in Ruto's Fortress, like pots you cannot lift or break, and an area that looks like a hole in the first room that you can walk over.

MikeRL
Newcomer

Since : 2017-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo on Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 13:15

Huh, interesting. Any chance you could post screenshots?
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeRL on Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 14:01

Sure. I should have put this under the 1.23 thread, but regardless, there's a ton of odd things I noticed, particularly in Ruto's Fortress.

The first few show ground you can walk over that looks like a bottomless pit. The next show palette glitchiness (I did use the Ether Medallion), and then the unbreakable pots, and a laser eye statue that shoots in reverse. Finally, it shows a tree that gets on my nerves and I wonder why it is even placed in that location near the Icy World start.

I also noticed a pallete bug in Saria's Gardens when playing through it and the Beamos changed to orange.

MikeRL
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 15:52

The first few show ground you can walk over that looks like a bottomless pit.
Euclid wanted it like this for some reason. Easy fixable otherwise. You see, some pits can be walked over (from the game's perspective of object placing this element is a "walkable pit"). Just needs to be replaced with the actual pit if you want to fall down normally.

and a laser eye statue that shoots in reverse
Also easy fixable. It is just a sprite: "eye laser right", and such sprites must always be on the left walls to make sence, this one is on the right wall.

and then the unbreakable pots
This is the result of too much complex objects in one room (pots, poundable pegs, liftable big rocks). Fixable only if the number of them is reduced.

shadow gfx glitches
This is indeed an ASM problem, which was not debugged yet. For some reason sometimes gfx bugs out indoors and the speite shadows get the false gfx: ie yellow arrows instead of shadows (and also other gfx problems, like when you lift a pot etc). Many ALTTP hacks do this sometimes for (yet) no known reason specially on ZSNES.
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeRL on Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 17:05

I was using SNES9x EX + on Android. Odd. I think most of the dungeon's are alright, but Ruto and Saria need some work. They are honestly painful to play. Darunia's Caverns, Nabooru's Hole, and Sheik's Hideout were awesome. The other two are passable. I cannot stand Saria's Gardens or the bugginess of the ice dungeon. The ice dungeon just feels lacking.

MikeRL
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 18:28

Darunia's Caverns, Nabooru's Hole, and Sheik's Hideout were awesome
Nice, however a lot of players actually disagree with Nabooru's Hole being "awesome".

but Ruto and Saria need some work
I cannot stand Saria's Gardens or the bugginess of the ice dungeon. The ice dungeon just feels lacking.
The most hated in general is Impa's ways based on majority of reviews.

All indoors feel lacking, if you ask me. Unfortunately this will not change. Qwerty's idea with v1.3 was a "simple" ASM bug fixing/editing, far from the scope of actual indoor game design/remodel. The rom itself is also incompatible with Hyrule Magic, so you can not simply open the game in the program and edit the dungeons out as you can in the "regular" ALTTP roms/hacks.
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo on Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 18:40

If you don't like the dungeons, try Puzzledude's Remodel. I won't be changing dungeon layouts.
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 18:49

qwertymodo wrote:If you don't like the dungeons, try Puzzledude's Remodel. I won't be changing dungeon layouts.
Lol, a lot of players actually dislike the dungeons of the remodel more, than what the original PW has to offer. But do note: I was a beginner at the time regarding hex-only dungeon editing. The goal of the remake was to make easier dungeons, not more quality ones.
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum