Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread

Post by wizzrobemaster on Thu 1 Mar 2018 - 21:14

other suggestions i have for the pw updates are less back tracking when it comes to attacking enemies with bushes and jars, and i would remove some of the item gating.  currently playing pw 1.2.

Last edited by wizzrobemaster on Fri 2 Mar 2018 - 3:45; edited 1 time in total

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fsg on Fri 2 Mar 2018 - 2:54

what places in particular do you have in mind wizzrobemaster? for the removed item gating and backtracking.

fsg
Leever
Leever

Since : 2017-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster on Fri 2 Mar 2018 - 3:48

so i have not gotten that far but i got the zora's sapphire. i noticed there are several spots where you need to use the power glove or the hammer. even ajinah's room is gated where you can get a heart piece. i used the game genie code to get the ocarina and the hammer from the start. also some of the knights move too fast that you cannot outrun them. i would also remove any spots that force the player to take damage without the cane of byrna or magic cape.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster on Fri 2 Mar 2018 - 3:53

the kakariko npc that runs away from you should be moved. it looks out of place for him to run on tiles that are impassable.  i would also redistribute some of the enemies where they are positioned. the endless ocean has too many river zoras that get in the way and there are beamos statues in the desert oasis that are impossible to dodge when entering a cave.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster on Fri 2 Mar 2018 - 22:48

here is one asm i would add: the roc's feather so that way bomb jumps are no longer necessary.

also i would remove the heart piece from the treasure chest mini-game. luck based quests are the bane of game design.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by fsg on Sat 3 Mar 2018 - 9:34

wizzrobemaster wrote:here is one asm i would add: the roc's feather so that way bomb jumps are no longer necessary.

i am very skeptical towards this. it is clear that bomb jumps is a mechanic which was intended by the designer to be used in the hack and completely removing them from the hack mean removing a conscious design element from the game. self damage from bombs have already been removed from the hack, which negates the punishing part of the bomb jumps, and which as far as i know changed the dynamics of the hall of pain, where byrna wasn't supposed to be reachable until after you got hookshot (not entirely sure about this though).

furthermore, parallel remodel, to my knowledge, removed the bomb jumps from the game (i may be wrong on this, as i havent actually played it). it does not seem right to let the philosophy of remodel spill onto the real hack.

fsg
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by fsg on Sat 3 Mar 2018 - 9:43

i have one bug to report which causes the game to softlock, but which is probably a bug present the original game as well. there is however no way for it to occur in the original game (that i know of), but there is in pw

in ruto there is a lever you pull to blow up a wall. if you charge up a dash while pulling the lever (this is a mechanic which probably not everyone knows about) and dash right out of the door as fast as possible after the explosion, the start and select button becomes completely unusable and you have to hard reset the game to continue playing (maybe i death can fix it too, i didnt test that).

the easiest way to prevent this is likely a small redesign of the room, which moves the lever to a spot such that you cannot dash right out the door after pulling it

fsg
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster on Sat 3 Mar 2018 - 18:33

I did not realize that 1.1. is the remodel while 1.23 is the original PW but with improvements. i suggest the remodel adds the asm's that were in the 1.23. anyway bomb jumping is too punishing because it requires precision and was not intended by the developers of zelda3.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster on Wed 7 Mar 2018 - 20:50

So I encountered an issue when getting grabbed by a fallmaster in din's catcombs. the entrance is dark and you lose the cone of light should this occur. either remove the dark room in the main entrance or do not have any fallmasters in the dungeon.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeRL on Wed 5 Sep 2018 - 9:31

Some of the punishment from bomb jumping is negated since as of recent updates your own bombs don't damage the player. I also noticed a strange bug I've noticed on previous playthroughs - the mysterious tablets that are used for clues in the Parallel Tower have their clues shuffled up when you read the grey slates on the wall. I don't know the cause of this - be it a side effect of an update to the ROM, playing the dungeons in a certain order, or not completing all the dungeons (I tend to complete the Parade Tower before completing all dungeons.

MikeRL
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum