Worse Than Parallel Worlds

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worse Than Parallel Worlds Empty Worse Than Parallel Worlds

Disclaimer: This hack is not responsible for any rage you or anyone experiences, save states are highly encouraged due to it's kaizo difficulty. If this causes pain (physically or mentally), this is on you for attempting this evil romhack.

This is the ALttP romhack that does its best to troll you, give you little mercy, and quick time reactions.

Here's some screenshots of it to show what you're getting into if you play this insane hack.
Worse Than Parallel Worlds Screen_Shot_2019-04-06_at_8.05.36_PM
Worse Than Parallel Worlds Screen_Shot_2019-04-06_at_8.05.07_PM
Worse Than Parallel Worlds Screen_Shot_2019-04-06_at_8.09.40_PM

Data of the rom you should apply the patch to:
Worse Than Parallel Worlds Screen_Shot_2019-04-06_at_8.31.03_PM

Download hack:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bUOfUT-qj4QxhccpWlTZyosI1QfRAOts
Devan2002
Devan2002

Worse Than Parallel Worlds Image213

Since : 2017-10-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Worse Than Parallel Worlds :: Comments

sinistra

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 6:02 by sinistra

Well well well, what have we got here?

Let's check this out.. thanks for sharing Devan2002!

Spin

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 6:32 by sinistra

Can't get it to run.

After the start/title screen, i select slot 1 to enter my characters name and then i get this:

Worse Than Parallel Worlds Ww10

Applied to ROM matches your data supplied:
Worse Than Parallel Worlds Hash10

CRC and SHA-1 of the ips.
Worse Than Parallel Worlds Rom_ha10

Using Lips Version 1.02 , also Floating IPS (Flips) v1.31

Not working.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 6:33 by sinistra

Patched SMC file's CRC and SHA-1

Worse Than Parallel Worlds Patche10

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 7:03 by sinistra

File: E:\Worse_Than_Parallel_Worlds_patch.smc
Name: WORSE THAN PW
Speed: 20/SlowROM
ROM Map: LoROM
Type: 02
Kart contents: ROM+RAM+BAT
Header ROM Size: 8Mbits
Calculated ROM Size: 8 Mbits
SRAM size: 64Kbits (64Kbit)
Actual Checksum: 8034
Header Checksum: AF0D
Header Checksum Compliment: 50F2
Output: NTSC 60Hz
CRC32: CE6A2094
Licensee: Nintendo
ROM Version: 1.0
Region: USA/Canada

Back to top Go down

Devan2002

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 7:52 by Devan2002

Yeah, the file menu screen is messed up as like the abandoned hacks because back when I made this, I didn't know the Lunar Expand program existed. Here's a tip, you can press Start after selecting a letter to finish the file naming screen.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 9:16 by sinistra

Devan2002 wrote:Yeah, the file menu screen is messed up as like the abandoned hacks because back when I made this, I didn't know the Lunar Expand program existed. Here's a tip, you can press Start after selecting a letter to finish the file naming screen.

Right, that works.. playing it now ;-)

Thanks!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Devan2002

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 9:50 by Devan2002

Come back when you're reading to file a lawsuit in anger (it's a joke, I'm just exaggerating how upset you might be at me when you get to the good stuff).

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 10:33 by Puzzledude

Expand the rom to exactly 2MB using hex and the Naming screen and title screen problems will be fixed.

Back to top Go down

Devan2002

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 11:04 by Devan2002

Personally, I like seeing the naming screen messed up because can really screw with players before they even get into the hack. Somewhat like "Dying before even getting into the first level"

And the title screen "problem" I also like.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Mon 8 Apr 2019 - 0:46 by sinistra

Devan2002 wrote:Personally, I like seeing the naming screen messed up because can really screw with players before they even get into the hack. Somewhat like "Dying before even getting into the first level"

Lol, yeah that's really funny "not" Doh Blue3 WTF

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Mon 8 Apr 2019 - 11:23 by Puzzledude

Personally, I like seeing the naming screen messed up because can really screw with players before they even get into the hack. Somewhat like "Dying before even getting into the first level"

Why not make it so, that you can not get pass the naming screen unless you enter a secret handshake code. Or better yet, I can make it so, that after you enter a name, nothing gets written, so you end up in the naming screen again, and the hack is an endless loop of name entering.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Mon 8 Apr 2019 - 11:36 by sinistra

Puzzledude wrote:

Why not make it so, that you can not get pass the naming screen unless you enter a secret handshake code. Or better yet, I can make it so, that after you enter a name, nothing gets written, so you end up in the naming screen again, and the hack is an endless loop of name entering.

Please leave the jokes and fun/annoying stuff "in-game" , not before the player can even get started or do some crazy things to get the game going, this "joke" had me trying all kinds of different things like files and re-installing newer version of Snes and re-installing Lips, using different ROMS, download the file 4 times searching google and after about 45 min's finally reach the conclusion the game was broken and writing a detailed description of which steps i took to come to the conclusion, so yeah, very funny indeed.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Mon 8 Apr 2019 - 14:23 by Puzzledude

Please leave the jokes and fun/annoying stuff "in-game", not before the player can even get started or do some crazy things to get the game going, this "joke" had me trying all kinds of different things like files and re-installing newer version of Snes and re-installing Lips, using different ROMS, download the file 4 times searching google and after about 45 min's finally reach the conclusion the game was broken and writing a detailed description of which steps i took to come to the conclusion, so yeah, very funny indeed.
Well, knowing the above, here's the version with the title and naming screen fixed, as well as a version with the fix and with god-mode infinite fairy and 96 bombs start and recharge, since the game is not solvable otherwise due to constant death or hard-locks, so that you can at least see, how the Hyrule Castle and sewers look like.

Zelda Worse than PW (with title and naming screen fix):
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5358

Zelda Worse than PW (with title and naming screen fix)+fairy god mode+96 bombs:
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5359

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 11:24 by sinistra

Puzzledude wrote:
Please leave the jokes and fun/annoying stuff "in-game", not before the player can even get started or do some crazy things to get the game going, this "joke" had me trying all kinds of different things like files and re-installing newer version of Snes and re-installing Lips, using different ROMS, download the file 4 times searching google and after about 45 min's finally reach the conclusion the game was broken and writing a detailed description of which steps i took to come to the conclusion, so yeah, very funny indeed.
Well, knowing the above, here's the version with the title and naming screen fixed, as well as a version with the fix and with god-mode infinite fairy and 96 bombs start and recharge, since the game is not solvable otherwise due to constant death or hard-locks, so that you can at least see, how the Hyrule Castle and sewers look like.

Zelda Worse than PW (with title and naming screen fix):
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5358

Zelda Worse than PW (with title and naming screen fix)+fairy god mode+96 bombs:
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5359

Thanks, i'll check it out!

Edit: I've checked it out, and No

Worse Than Parallel Worlds Dx2lc610

Even the mentioning of "Parallel Worlds" in the title is an absolute disgrace, nor does it fit into one of the 5 existing categories ,this requires a brand-new catergory named: Troll.

Complete Hacks -> Hell no.

In the works -> No.

Abandoned -> Maybe, but no..

Improvement - No...

Innovative Patches - No....

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 13:19 by Conn

I think that review is too harsh. I also tried it out... used cheats, made it to the castle passage, got stuck, loaded a savestate, beated Ganon... and the game Razz

The effort is quite a lot, I however think nobody on earth will ever be able to finish the game without cheating. Which was the case also for PW (or is anybody out there who beated PW without cheats?). And this game is really worse in this matter, worst of all hacks I tried out, but it still gave me a big LOL.

So thanks for your contribution, your work and effort on this, Devan2002! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 13:30 by sinistra

Cheating is fine, if the game can be solved without cheating, but in this case you must cheat like PuzzleDude said otherwise the game can't be completed.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 13:43 by Puzzledude

Actually the "improvement" means that the hack is still pretty much the same as the original ALTTP, with "local" edits to the game, which is exactly what this mod is.
The mod is definitely in the wrong section though. Should be under "improvement" hacks.

Not sure if it is beatable with no cheating, but it definitely needs save states.

PW is beatable with no cheating and no savestates. This was proven by Red Scropion, who has beaten PW on a real cart.

Problem of this mod are the hardlocks, so it definitely needs save states. It however is possible to at least come to the sewers with no cheats, but sewers with no infinite health is more like a TAS job. I would recomend this mod only to those rare individuals, which can solve Kaizo Mario with no save states. Even Kaizo Mario is more fair than this mod though.

There are also all the annoying GFX glitches, since the author did not realize that you just can not throw random sprites into the rooms and not adopt the sprite loading gfx value.

Back to top Go down

Devan2002

Post Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 16:44 by Devan2002

I have seen someone stream this hack and actually beat it (unfortunately due to Twitch, the VOD's were removed due to expiration after 2 weeks). Also, even if you tried to use EG to skip to the credits, I added a failsafe that prevents you from doing so (a layer of spikes under the floor).
Puzzledude wrote:There are also all the annoying GFX glitches, since the author did not realize that you just can not throw random sprites into the rooms and not adopt the sprite loading gfx value.
That's intended. I have tested this whole hack to ensure it's possible without the use of cheat codes nor multidirectional input, hovering is also not required (but typically are replaced with bomb jumps if the gap isn't large enough).

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 15:15 by Wolfcat

I was able to get to the castle door, but that was it. Do you know how he got past that?, Did he cheat using a glitch or something?, Or did you mean he didn't cheat?

Back to top Go down

Devan2002

Post Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 17:03 by Devan2002

Wolfcat wrote:I was able to get to the castle door, but that was it. Do you know how he got past that?, Did he cheat using a glitch or something?, Or did you mean he didn't cheat?
No cheats were used, even if it looks impossible. You simply just have to look around and check to see if there's any hidden stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 3:39 by Wolfcat

Devan2002 wrote:
Wolfcat wrote:I was able to get to the castle door, but that was it. Do you know how he got past that?, Did he cheat using a glitch or something?, Or did you mean he didn't cheat?
No cheats were used, even if it looks impossible. You simply just have to look around and check to see if there's any hidden stuff.
I got through to the sewers pasted the lazer eyes then I ran out of bombs for the switches, so I am done for a while with this one.
Edit:
OK, I got past the church.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 27 Apr 2019 - 5:07 by Wolfcat

I just found this:
WARNING THIS VIDEO CONTAINS A SOME SPOILERS:
VOD - Worse Than Parallel Worlds (Kaizo Romhack) by Devan2002 | 2019-03-11 · 2 months ago:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/394174678

If you are having trouble with watching Twitch videos like I have(I don't have problems watching Youtube videos on this computer at all),
then you can use youtube-dl:
https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl

To download videos that I had problems with I made this folder:
C:\Users\usename\Documents\Youtube_download_folder\downloads

I put the youtube-dl executable here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Youtube_download_folder\youtube-dl.exe

Who ever decides to use this info, the username is what ever the username you have for your OS profile is.

The command I have ran before as admin is:
"C:\Users\username\Documents\Youtube_download_folder\youtube-dl.exe" -o "C:/Users/username/Documents/Youtube_download_folder/downloads/%(title)s.%(ext)s" "https://www.twitch.tv/videos/394174678"

I should warn that it took me several hours to download this video.

Last edited by Wolfcat on Mon 29 Apr 2019 - 8:47; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

Devan2002

Post Sat 27 Apr 2019 - 10:07 by Devan2002

Yeah, I have given others the hack and they felt like streaming their suffering of it in action.

Look, if you don't want to be spoiled, then don't watch it (this is for those who haven't watched that content before). Besides, many other popular hacks have been played and will contain obvious spoilers, but who cares? If people want to play it without being spoiled, they'd just go right into the hack without watching anyone else (unless they're stuck and decide they need to see a YouTube video of a walkthrough or so).

Last edited by Devan2002 on Thu 2 May 2019 - 22:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 2 May 2019 - 8:39 by Wolfcat

I am stuck at not being able to open the desert palace, and was able to get the first pendant, 3 bottles, but not the net, and some other items. I think I have checked everywhere else. I think some thief said to make sure I had to have permission to open the desert palace, but I checked all the people I could come into contact with, so I am stumped. I know the guy from twitch got further, but the video I wanted to view is not on twitch that was uploaded between videos on twitch he has up, LOL. I guess that's just how things go sometimes. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next