Editing Zelda 3 Blade Beam - Page 2 Empty Re: Editing Zelda 3 Blade Beam

Post by Conn Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 9:44

Well, I had to retrace what is meant:

$08/8372 B9 7F 83    LDA $837F,y[$08:83C9]   A:084A X:0004 Y:004A
$08/8375 85 00       STA $00    [$00:0000]   A:085A X:0004 Y:004A
$08/8377 B9 80 83    LDA $8380,y[$08:83CA]   A:085A X:0004 Y:004A
$08/837A 85 01       STA $01    [$00:0001]   A:08D6 X:0004 Y:004A
$08/837C 6C 00 00    JMP ($0000)D65A]   A:08D6 X:0004 Y:004A

So in the compendium, the pointer d65a is meant to prodce the sparkles.

At the jump point you find $08/D65A DE B1 03.
So to disable the sparks you only need to end this routine early, giving the de->60 (RTS, ReTurn subroutine Short)

So snes 08/d65a == pc 04/565a

Change 04/565a: de -> 60 and the sparkles are gone.
At least that would be my (admitedly, unelegant) solution to your request.

If you compare this address to the compendium:
"dw $D65A $4565A* 26 Sparkles when swinging lvl 2 or higher sword:"
You find the same pc address there as I gave you ( $4565A*).
Means you can disable any of these extra sprites listed with this method (give 60 (RTS) at the first byte of the address listed in the compendium.
Conn
Conn

Editing Zelda 3 Blade Beam - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by KonaXKona Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 15:36

Editing Zelda 3 Blade Beam - Page 2 JCXlZtV Editing Zelda 3 Blade Beam - Page 2 T3uhmmW

This looks so good! Thank You!

Edit: With a little testing I found that this can bug out any sort of projectile weapon when shooting a projectile and taking at the same time. So the best way to implement the removing of sparks would be to just erase them from the sprite sheet.

KonaXKona
Leever
Leever

Since : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 20 Jul 2017 - 6:30

So the best way to implement the removing of sparks would be to just erase them from the sprite sheet.
I never noticed any sparks, but if this is troubling you, just find them in the gfx. This should be easy to find, since those sparks are part of main sprite, meaning they must load on all gfx numbers, which means it is thus on "neutral" sprite gfx, viewable in the lower part of HM gfx editor. Then locate these gfx sets in the actual .bin (gfx extraction) file.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Editing Zelda 3 Blade Beam - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 20 Jul 2017 - 7:55

So the best way to implement the removing of sparks would be to just erase them from the sprite sheet.
mh, I think this is problematic if you want to disable the sparkles in specific animations only; I guess the sparkles you want to disable at normal attack are re-used on the spin-attack, magic boomerang, even fairy healing, etc. So these would be disabled too if you edit the sparkles to blank.

But one common question: why are such trivia things (sword beam, sparkles) troubling you? There are much greater things one can implement.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by KonaXKona Thu 20 Jul 2017 - 19:20

Conn wrote:
mh, I think this is problematic if you want to disable the sparkles in specific animations only; I guess the sparkles you want to disable at normal attack are re-used on the spin-attack, magic boomerang, even fairy healing, etc. So these would be disabled too if you edit the sparkles to blank.

But one common question: why are such trivia things (sword beam, sparkles) troubling you? There are much greater things one can implement.

OO To me these are "Greater" things~ I know nothing about the limitations of Zelda 3 hacking, to me these are huge things and asking for more complex stuff is asking for too much all at once. Little questions get me looking at things which helps me get a feel for how editing this game works.

In my dream world Blade beam would be something that uses meter and is a passive effect of holding a item or something, the green book, and shoots the wizard slash things~ x3 But little changes are amazing too~

KonaXKona
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 3:12

In my dream world Blade beam would be something that uses meter and is a passive effect of holding a item or something, the green book, and shoots the wizard slash things~ x3 But little changes are amazing too~
that's a nice idea (reminds on zelda1, nes), and easy to implement, (have book equipped and draw magic, except the gfx stuff)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by KonaXKona Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 5:44

Conn wrote:

that's a nice idea (reminds on zelda1, nes), and easy to implement, (have book equipped and draw magic, except the gfx stuff)

oo You can have it so it'll only shoot when you have the book equipped? That's so cool! Can it even be linked to something like the spin attack?

That would be cool, you would get the boots and blade beam from Sahasrahla. Hell even without the new GFX that would still be a awesome feature, rather then having full life as the trigger for being able to use it too. Make it hit like the lvl2 sword, that would be super neat~

KonaXKona
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 8:35

Apply only if you at least expanded your rom to 2MB before with LunarExpand!

Code:

lorom

ORG $079C77 ; that is where the game checks whether you have full HC
JML freeRomSpace

ORG $268100 ; pc 130100 is it free here? You need to adjust it! And expand the rom (LunarExpand)
freeRomSpace:
lda $0202 ; load equipped item
cmp #$0f ; is it book mudora
BEQ $04  ; if yes branch 4 bytes
JML $079CA0 ; return to address where no beam is executed
LDA $7ef37b ; do you have magic upgrades
TAX          ; transfer to X
LDA $7ef36e ; load magic
SEC; set carry (needed prior to every substraction
SBC $268200,x ; substract the magic drain in dependence of your upgrade
BPL $04   ; if you still have magic power branch 4 bytes
STA $7ef36e  ; store new magic power
JML $079C7D  ; execute spin

org $268200
db $04,$02,$01

As said so often, I am retired. You might get an idea how to adjust this to spin attack or whatsoever.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by KonaXKona Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 15:33

Conn wrote:Apply only if you at least expanded your rom to 2MB before with LunarExpand!

Code:

lorom

ORG $079C77 ; that is where the game checks whether you have full HC
JML freeRomSpace

ORG $268100 ; pc 130100 is it free here? You need to adjust it! And expand the rom (LunarExpand)
freeRomSpace:
lda $0202 ; load equipped item
cmp #$0f ; is it book mudora
BEQ $04  ; if yes branch 4 bytes
LDA $7ef37b ; do you have magic upgrades
TAX          ; transfer to X
LDA $7ef36e ; load magic
SEC; set carry (needed prior to every substraction
SBC $268200,x ; substract the magic drain in dependence of your upgrade
BPL $04   ; if you still have magic power branch 4 bytes
STA $7ef36e  ; store new magic power
JML $079C7D  ; execute spin

org $268200
db $04,$02,$01

As said so often, I am retired. You might get an idea how to adjust this to spin attack or whatsoever.

This works!

I'm guessing: SBC $268200,x ; This is where I adjust how much it drains? I can live without making it the spin attack, but right now it definitely needs to cost more. I'll also need to find that thread to adjust the blade beam damage, make it beefier. Also need to get this to work with default lvl1 sword but this is awesome so far~

KonaXKona
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 17:53

Exactly, you have 80 as maximum value for full magic meter, at the very end of the asm you find 3 values to substract: 04, 02,01. 04 is for normal meter, 02 for the bat upgrade, 01 if you implemented the 2nd  meter upgrade, give 08, 04, 02 or whatever there.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by KonaXKona Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 18:40

Conn wrote:Exactly, you have 80 as maximum value for full magic meter, at the very end of the asm you find 3 values to substract: 04, 02,01. 04 is for normal meter, 02 for the bat upgrade, 01 if you implemented the 2nd  meter upgrade, give 08, 04, 02 or whatever there.

Okay, I got that adjusted, now I need to get the lvl 1 sword (Default sword. ) shooting blade beams.

KonaXKona
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 5:10

Okay, I got that adjusted, now I need to get the lvl 1 sword (Default sword. ) shooting blade beams.

03/9C8B: 02 -> 01
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by KonaXKona Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 10:53

Conn wrote:

03/9C8B: 02 -> 01

Works! This is such a neat little function~ I may have to bust out a script editor and have the old man instruct you on how to use it.

BTW, do you want the rom I've been doing all these edits to? It looks beautiful so far. It's just my compilation of modifications and hacks and stuff, some small custom sprite work, lots of cool stuff~

KonaXKona
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 11:06

Works! This is such a neat little function~ I may have to bust out a script editor and have the old man instruct you on how to use it.

BTW, do you want the rom I've been doing all these edits to? It looks beautiful so far. It's just my compilation of modifications and hacks and stuff, some small custom sprite work, lots of cool stuff~
Just upload the IPS patch of the modded game and add it to the post as shortcut download or attachment if you would like other to also have the file.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by KonaXKona Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 11:24

Puzzledude wrote:

Just upload the IPS patch of the modded game and add it to the post as shortcut download or attachment if you would like other to also have the file.

Is that even a good idea, aside from some sprite edits and the stuff from this thread and others, alot of the work is not mine~

KonaXKona
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 11:57

Is that even a good idea, aside from some sprite edits and the stuff from this thread and others, alot of the work is not mine~
The publishing is done by the project's supervisor (ie the person in charge, who has done most of the work).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by KonaXKona Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 12:06

Puzzledude wrote:
The publishing is done by the project's supervisor (ie the person in charge, who has done most of the work).

I wouldn't call it a project, just my personal mashup of other edits (Fixes, so on. )

KonaXKona
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 13:02

KonaXKona wrote:I wouldn't call it a project, just my personal mashup of other edits (Fixes, so on. )

I once said the same thing about Parallel Worlds 1.2, look how that worked out for me... Wink
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Liny Tue 20 Feb 2024 - 1:40

KonaXKona wrote:This looks so good! Thank You!

Edit: With a little testing I found that this can bug out any sort of projectile weapon when shooting a projectile and taking at the same time. So the best way to implement the removing of sparks would be to just erase them from the sprite sheet.

I don't know if you ever figured this out (or if you even care after nearly 7 years), but there's a better solution.

Back in this post, Euclid revealed several Hex addresses that affect the Lvl1 Sword in different ways to make it feel less impressive.

0x39D32 has "F0 0C" by default. You can replace it with "EA EA" to NOP the function and have all 4 Sword Lvls emit sparkles, just as Euclid mentioned.

Alternatively, you can replace "F0" with "60" (as Conn suggested) to end the routine early, preventing the game from establishing which Sword Lvls should emit sparkles, and so none of them do.

In short: 0x39D32 "F0" -> "60" = No sparkles on any Sword Lvls.
Liny
Liny
Newcomer

Since : 2024-02-19

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2