Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvXwQ7GFidfhjNc_NZMvMLbMNH1NcA?e=zAnoqa

Señor Ventura "Kurrono" PCM Pack fixed
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/wk55rnomohorxp55nfuy270xd3g8bx33

ArcadeTV PCM Pack:
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyk11u3nug80hx7/ArcadeTV_SGG_PCM.zip?dl=1

Last edited by Conn on Tue 6 Jun 2023 - 6:19; edited 32 times in total (Reason for editing : youtube video)
kurrono
kurrono

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts :: Comments

ArcadeTV

Post Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 3:01 by ArcadeTV

Good morning comrades.

I'll happily prepare my PCMs and rename them matching the convention.

I have 3 things I'd love to take care of before I would consider my pack ready:

1. The capcom jingle gets chopped off at the end, even if I already made the sample shorter than the original. Same applies to the thunder, but that can be edited in audio-tools.
  2. I will replace my placeholders for the meantime with the sounds from the piano-album, though I find it not ideal yet.
  3. I want my music to loop correctly, so I'll follow this guide: https://youtu.be/9pDXdaWS9-Q
    Any objections or hints?

Thanks again guys, this is a lot of fun (and my fav game) Blue3

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 6:43 by Conn

@Kurrono: great Wink

1. there is, after the capcom logo a signal to mute. It is a game routine, but I hacked it, I hope it not too sloppy, so that it should now work with an elongated capcom logo.
Redownload patch from first post.
I do understand your wish for perfection, but most often these small things are highly bug affective, so better make compromises with trade-offs when it comes to patching. I hope my added code won't bug at another place as I disabled F0 one time after the sfx is loaded...

2. no comment Very Happy

3. Well this is made by qwertymodo, an expert on this, no further hints from my side

Back to top Go down

ArcadeTV

Post Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 11:11 by ArcadeTV

This is working out just wonderfully - thank you very much!!

I created loops for every pcm that needs to repeat and followed the naming convention. Just adding the remaining tracks and then we're good to go.

One final question...
In the Ending1 music the bgm is fading when the scene comes to an end.
I have no idea how this works - can I create a looping pcm and re-use the fade command or is it better to create a pcm which has the same length as the sequence and hardcode the fading in audacity?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 12:51 by Conn

If the ending is non-loop you can simply have the pcm faded out hardcoded in audacity at the end.

If there is fading in a looping spc, it is a bit more complex to re-create (e.g., Zelda) if you leave a house, checking the map... there is no fading command
I recently hacked AST spc replacement where I needed this. I usually hack a nmi hook to check the msu busy flag (important for sd2snes as it would flicker otherwise). My solution:
So I implemented another free ram where I stored the #$FF I also place on $2006 (full volume). The nmi routine is called in ntsc 60 times a second, pal 50 times per second, so if the nmi busy flag is set I can use this hook to decrement the free ram and store it to $2006 afterwards to decrement the volume. So if you decrement one time each nmi you have FF/60=2seconds to fade to mute, with a double dec 1 second and so on.

Here's the coding example of AST:
lda #$FF   ; volume
sta $2006
sta $012b ; free ram to fade (volume flag

fade command f1:
f1:
lda $012b ; load free ram volume level
dec
dec
dec         ; 4 decrements (will lead to a fade of 0.25 seconds, found this the best adjustment
cmp #$10 ; check if it 10 or below (to break the routine, so that you won't accidentally get into minus (FF again, with all the decs)
bcs $05
lda #$00 ; if below 10:
sta $0129 ; clear msu busy flag to not get into the routine again
sta $2006 ; mute msu completely
sta $012b ; ; clear volume flag
bra end

The fade up is the same, just with incs.

Having only one theme in SGG is not really important for me to code this complex stuff however... if you can do it with hardcode pcm non-loop fading at the correct time, would be much better and easier! I hope this track isn't re-used at another time with loop.

Back to top Go down

ArcadeTV

Post Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 22:11 by ArcadeTV

Conn, ur a genius, I mean that!

I had to arrange some missing music like the kidnapping, map and victory myself, that's why it took so long today..
All tracks that need to loop are looping just fine.

Could be possible that I update this set after the weekend, nothing's final.
Enjoy;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyk11u3nug80hx7/ArcadeTV_SGG_PCM.zip?dl=1

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 5:15 by Conn

*lol thanks, but no, I just do such things since 15 years... you get an idea how it works after such a time Wink

Nice, I posted it in the main post as alternative set. If the link stays the same you can update the files whenever without needing to replace it.

Thanks for your effort Very Happy

Back to top Go down

ArcadeTV

Post Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 18:44 by ArcadeTV

Hey guys, I hope you had a great weekend!
I've spent my sunday recreating the ending1+2 tracks, so my set is complete for now.

If I ever end up rich and/or famous I'd pay Hans Zimmer to do the soundtrack again - in the meantime this is the best I can give.

Conn, I might be mistaken (or just verwirrt), but didn't the pcm already stop upon dying? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I was almost sure this had been fixed already...
if not - please don't bother! I didn't mean to start over again Razz (Conn)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 20:11 by Conn

No it never stopped upon dying, but I coded it now that it will stop Wink
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/sgg_msu.zip

Can we close this project now... please? Tired

Back to top Go down

ArcadeTV

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 3:33 by ArcadeTV

Basically.. yes..
Practically .. Embarassed

There's a problem that I just realized:
The thunder sample is also existent in Level 2 (Sea of Dispair, Act 2)
When the thunder occurs here, the bgm-pcm will stop plus all SFX get muted Confused

I really don't want you to invest any more time and energy, Conn! Can you just comment out the thunder code, because it will be unnecessary hard to differ the scenes (intro or level 2) in asm, right?

I fixed something else in the new pcm-pack: In ending1 I used a track that matches the length of the original sound and I included a fadeOut within. I had to add some seconds of silence so that the sound does not loop.
That's fixed now, all good.

--

Of course I couldn't resist playing with a dying-pcm, now that the music properly stops, so I updated my PCMs to include a track (#49, because dying-sfx is hex:31).

Code:

; ############testcode
cmp #$31 ; dying sfx
bne $03
jsr sfx
RTL

sfx:
pha
STZ $2006
STA $2004
STZ $2005
loopSFX:
bit $2000
bvs loopSFX    ; track not ready
LDA #$FF
STA $2006
LDA #$01
STA $2007
TXA
INC
STA $02f6 ; mute native sfx
PLA
RTS

; ############end testcode

The first part is clear, but how can I find the values for the sfx-subroutine?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 5:27 by Conn

Alright, good that you tested. These are always the side effects when featuring new stuff.
I disabled now thunder (#$5d, pcm -93) and enabled dying (#$31 ; pcm -49).
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/sgg_msu.zip

Kurrono, can you also delete pcm 93 from your pack and add 49 (an argh for dying or whatever) instead?

Can we close this project now... please? ZzzZzz...

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 9:19 by kurrono

When i haf chance ilk do it later i like the storm in my game...u csn keep it ur wau my stays 2oth storm i dont mind stage 2.but i chsnge tjay when i get back home later.this is gettin annoying..later

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 10:47 by Conn

Unfortunately it is mandatory to disable storm sfx if you read atv bug report. When thunder occurs in stage2, also the sfx get muted. No music, no sfx.
Just delete 93 and add a nice dying sfx 49, my new code will do the rest

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 10:53 by kurrono

Im goin to test..u gave him,a warning to him bout no hacking sfx to him....and look what happened..ok i guess...i gotta go to work..i change links tonight...

Back to top Go down

ArcadeTV

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 10:57 by ArcadeTV

Here's an original dying-sfx as wave to use:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bg47s255q6wa5p0/18-Arthur%20Bites%20the%20Dust.wav?dl=1

I'm really sorry, I didn't want to cause any additional work.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 11:42 by Conn

That's really not your fault, I'm rather very grateful that you did a playtest and discovered that bug.  Very Happy

It's just all the maintainance and endless bug fixing, that I'm getting tired of, and why I reject new projects now and start working on my retirement Razz
Making a new msu asm takes me 2 hours, the bug fixing and maintainance 2 weeks...

I hope now it is all safe&sound though Wink

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 11:44 by kurrono

Conn my video card burned last night ..im using now the one thay comes on the Pc board plus i dont have the driver...and no driver..besnes dont run..im looking for a driver ..cauae i,need to,buy new card on,wednesday..my next day,off..

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 11:46 by kurrono

Yea Conn is out for assmbly for now...no more hacks..so dont bother hehe..he needs his break..

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 11:48 by kurrono

Hey Conn how about i remove 2.pcm and leave storm there ..might play?like spc music and that awesome storm?

Back to top Go down

ArcadeTV

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 12:01 by ArcadeTV

I tested through the complete game and everything is fine now.
Thank You again, Conn, for all your work!

Close the case, enjoy your retirement and know you made it well deserved into the hearts of many many fans.

I just bought some new instruments and will continue to work on the soundtrack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fo2ceryqis5ynkl/syn_kidnapping.wav?dl=1

Thanks so much!
Have a good time and don't hesitate to reach out if I can return the favor!!

cheers. Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 12:49 by Conn

Awesome Very Happy

Thanks, there is currently not much more to do... I wait for Red's remastered versions for SOE, but all other projects I made luckily seem to work. So... good chance to retire eventually Razz
(but I said this already too often so nobody takes me serious here anyways anymore Very Happy )

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 13:01 by kurrono

Conn i did..take u seriously bro

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 14:19 by Conn

PCM set by Kurrono:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6SxDm7lZTw2ek5FVWdoUUNPalE/view?usp=drivesdk

still pcm 93 is inside your set and no pcm 49...

I know you love your storm sfx, but it simply won't work with the latest asm and patch anymore, instead you now you have mute when dying (not even sfx). So please update your set.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 14:24 by kurrono

Right now at work..cant update yet...my files are on my computer..not at my phone

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 14:34 by Conn

Nice Very Happy

I attached an example what I'd imagine as pcm Wink
but feel free to use any you like
Attachments
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts - Page 4 Attachment
death.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(490 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 14:52 by kurrono

Thanks Conn..quickly i get home that will be updated

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next