Wizzrobemaster's Burning Questions

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wizzrobemaster's Burning Questions - Page 3 Empty Re: Wizzrobemaster's Burning Questions

Post by wizzrobemaster Sat 24 Mar 2018 - 17:22

Hopefully this has been resolved. I was even testing the somaria block with it to see if any crashes would occur. I was informed that the block itself is 1000 bytes. is that true? if so, then that explains why it is difficult to edit and why there were so many bugs from its use.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Wizzrobemaster's Burning Questions - Page 3 Empty Re: Wizzrobemaster's Burning Questions

Post by wizzrobemaster Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 5:23

One request I have is to fix any known bugs before this site closes. Where do I begin when it comes to locating bugs? For example, how can I remove the Ether Medallion in Agahnim's room?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 14:22

This is no "classical bug" if you return to Aghanim in a part of the game where he isn't able to warp you.

You need him to warp you, and I would try to search for a read on 7ef3c5 (progress indicator), it must be set from $03 to $02 I think so that he warps you.
Conn
Conn

Wizzrobemaster's Burning Questions - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 17:50

So here is what I was informed by Karkat. in GT, that dungeon is coded differently which is why nothing drops after returning to the boss room. Because Hyrule Castle is coded differently, the game is still expecting a drop, but I never understood why Ether was the item to drop. It even exists in the GBA port.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 19:46

You are in a "forbidden" area, facing aghanim in part 3. He cannot beam you into part 3 because you already are in part 3. So what you expect to happen, or what do you want to happen? Something simply must happen, in this case he throws an medallion.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 22:52

Okay so here is what I want to happen: you face Agahnim as normal when facing him part 3 (i.e. the Master Sword phase). He send you to the dark world and the doors to Hyrule Castle are still open. If you return to his room, he does not appear just like any other boss. The medallion functions like a pendant drop, which is why it occurs. I want to remove the medallion if I were to re-enter his room after defeating him.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 7:29

try changing
0x121a8: 00 -> 07 (this checks then if you have at least one pendants collected - if you have none, Aghanmin should still drop the ether medallion if you visit him the second time equally which part you are)
(but I cannot guarantee no side effects, like oddities when you defeat him in part 2, the normal way).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 14:51

No pendants should not be an issue because my hack will require all pendants collected and the master sword as well.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 15:04

Okay so from part 2, no medallion drop, but I need to further test it to see if no other complications occur.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Fri 13 Jul 2018 - 8:42

The Book of Mudora asm. is there anyway to fix the bugs such as the potential crash and other unintended sprites from getting removed? it seems like it is an unsafe item to use unless it can remove bumpers.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 13 Jul 2018 - 20:43

No there's no archive
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 6:46

what about the deleted posts so I can remember what hex edits I was looking for? I recall that some of the hex edits were not found in the compendium.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3