Project Phoenix!

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Project Phoenix! Empty Project Phoenix!

Post by Floki Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 0:13

PURPOSE:

This is the codename for a fork project of Conker High Rule Tail last stable release (from Conn and all ~v1.2.8) that I've started brainwashing about two months ago. While I now feel confident enough announcing it to my fellow original team members (after briefly mentioning I wasn't planning a 2.0 version a couple days ago lol), I don't share the same confidence with the rest of the world, hence this secret hideout.

Only original Conker Core Team Members can see topics in here (vip status and all admins), except Trovsky which I left out for obvious reasons.

It could be later merged with Erock own 1.2.8 changes provided he is done with his envisioned changes.

Please don't derail the thread, if you need to ask me about any other projects, just drop a pm. Please keep this project private :-)

You a free to contribute, help or give constructive critisms, but please don't discourage me from accomplishing my goal... I wanted to revisit the hack for a long time, but either I was busy with skuj's project or I had lost hope for this game (slowbeef video mostly the cause) or I felt it wasn't needed as you guys were still updating it, but I've changed my mind. All I needed was a long break I guess.

GOAL:
I'm aiming at overhauling the story, the introduction sequence to the game, overworlds and dungeons gfx changes and of course adding npcs from the original n64 conker game. Hence in other words, giving what the masses wanted... a true sequel that stays true to the original. What I originally wanted to make but strive from that.

The new story needs to begin right where the last game ended (at the cock and plucker tavern):

(watch after the credits of the game) ~ that's where I'm intending on making you start the game.

Project Phoenix! Image18

Project Phoenix! Image21

I planned adding the tavern a while ago so did custom graphics for the signs:

Project Phoenix! Extra_gfx

(all me except the sun...its just sitting because its pretty)
The signs could probably be improved.

And also I'd really like to implement dialogue bubbles similar to that game like I planned originally:

Project Phoenix! Image18_zpsso6un4xu
Project Phoenix! Image19_zpsyh1zyv2k

So that SMRPG font could go, who knows.

FUN FACTS:
-The paths/area connections in overworlds/dungeons will be kept intact ~ not touching the phone maps again ;-)
-I'm trying to do most work alone but may ask for tech tips occasionally, so no asm changes planned aside monologue move.
-Will try learning the monologue move on my own (unless euclid doesn't mind helping again)
-This is a ''work at my own pace project'' so don't expect a release date, I have none in mind!

AREA CHANGES:
-possibly new areas/universes while removing useless ones
-totally new introduction sequence from the time you wake up until you find your sword

-replace all references to the animus with the panther kingdom from conker bad fur day
=change the abstergo cryo labs into the cock and plucker tavern from the beginning of conker bad fur day

-replace mr anderson with conker (so you start the game as him)
-remove all copy/pasted texts from the animus/assassins creed intro sequence (two npcs)
=replace with Conker bad fur day tavern/portal thingy into a zelda universe.
(328=npc outside intro room)

-change the beginning path so that you don't need to go through the lost woods area
(alienates more people then anything...keep puzzle for later optional revisit to the lost woods)

-new possible areas: fairy queen whorehouse and fugly gorona belly (past and future)
-add ''the cock and plucker'' and also the throne room
-remove useless ice hockey area (DONE!)

MONOLOGUE CHANGES:
-remove all real life memes (references) ((DON'T BREAK THE 4TH WALL!)) and replace them with original dialogue. replay the whole bad fur day day game and figure out a better follow up story to the n64 title

-rework all boss dialogues with new lines of dialogue, possibly hire a script writer
(319=ganon 1st boss //320=defeat ganon 1st boss)
(274=trinexxx)
(275=ganon final boss???)
(367=ganon final boss fo sure//368=mid boss message)
(291=dark link aka blind //290=is unused, can blank it out)
(321=ganon superboss intro //298 and 299=defeat ganon superboss)

-change galaxy guide copy/pasted texts and add more meaning to it, eg. hidden diggable treasures
(monologues 228--268)

-add meaning to knocking on the simpsons door and the area as a whole
(monologue 278)

-change obiwan lenghty messages
(monologues 303-304-305)

-rework tutorials tablets in the beginning dungeon so that its shorten and faster and also remove all copy pasted text from bad fur day (change location to dialogues 200+ so no need for monologue move)

-replace DNA with anti gravity chocolate pieces (like in bad fur day)
(monologues are at 341-345)

-saving menu....taking blue and red pills along with fuck this game = WTF I DO WITH THAT
(monologue 390)

-update release version
(monologue 396)

MISC CHANGES:
-new protagonists

FANTASY WISHLIST:
(what. everyone has fantasies right?)

-swap red and blue lightsabers (so blue is now last and best ending)
=you get ''out of cartridge real world ending'' (replaces red lightsaber bad ending)

-2nd quest via cheatcode :-)

thx for looking.

~seph the zeldaholic Very Happy

Last edited by SePH on Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 23:41; edited 3 times in total

Floki

Project Phoenix! Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Project Phoenix! Empty Re: Project Phoenix!

Post by Euclid Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 3:30

Personally I think the dungeon which needed the most work is triforce shrine, the entrances and exits feels bit too strange.

Not sure if its possible but it'll be cool to see a story sequel, like you're running into the conker with the red lightsaber as the secret boss, kinda like you're running into yourself in the same timeline (It'll be interesting to tweak one of the bosses' AI to fit this lol)
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 5:21

This sounds interesting and a good thing you plan, if you need help I'm surely on... but I do not want to become sort of an active staff on this project again.

I was "accidently" drawn into our msu1 factory, and had not really a break after Conker release. I now even (planned to) reject all msu requests - and only do a bit maintainance.
I'm pretty exhausted and outburned  Embarassed

So I need to work on projects on a more relaxed level... I'd see this project as completely yours (and Euclid's) and will help on particular stuff for sure, but as said, I'd see myself not as "real" staff member with responsibility.

However, if you need ideas for some monologues, let me know (post the originals) and I'll give you some input... that sounds real fun Very Happy

Edit:
as for Erock's revision... I'm not sure whether I like it so much. Sure he did a lot of his small improvements, and also flippping the clocktower painting was a good thing. But he e.g., also edited some dungeons like the Jedi Space Temple to a low-difficulty level, though Puzz and I had debugged it completely. I do not know how many other dungeons he adjusted to his likings, like he also made the invisible platforms in Parallel Ruins (which are all optional, giving a HC piece only as reward and can be seen via the b/w flute from optional hard puzzle from first level now) to a level where you can easily cross them also without flute without problems.
But it's of course completely up to you if you want to take 1.8 or his version for 2.0... Wink

If you are on it, I'd also suggest adding more enemies (on a moderate level). Some areas (esp. overworld) are pretty empty...
also maybe some more room resets if you screwed up could also be added. Like you solved with staircases to another room with dead end. In 1.8 I e.g. added some teleporters in your and skuj dev section to have this, but there surely are more places where they could be needed.
...also replacing some msu tracks...
*gosh, I better stop now before getting excited Embarassed

Last edited by Conn on Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 8:08; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 16:56

Not much to add Smile

Empty overworld areas are e.g. at triforce shrine outside, but you remove them anyways.

That skuj puzzle room could be tweaked so that the 2nd room is the first one you encounter so you can quickly exit and redo it if you fail. many people complained about this actually.
I already solved skuj room in 1.8 through a teleporter (you gotta try it). I also added one in your room.

Edit: here Smile
Project Phoenix! Conker19

May the (tri)force be with you on this quest Big Triforce
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 16:23

Thank ye both, I don't feel any burden updating something that's already finished :-)

On topic, I've recreated the tavern the best way that I could.

Project Phoenix! Image6

I'll quote Bob Ross here: ''We don't make mistakes, only happy accidents.''

Not so bad considering the original area looked like that:

Project Phoenix! Image8

edit: here, feels better already:

Project Phoenix! Image15

Now thats what I call a 2.0 version!! Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 20:13

Looks absolutely gorgeous!
I only hope other areas will not suffer too much, I know the tile number is very limited, you even say that at the very beginning in a monologue "the black tile should be the machine, but I ran out of tiles..." Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 22:04

I will remove many tilesets which uses too much tiles for little gain (familiar words eh?) and most likely will gain much gfx space that will allow me to create more fluids overworlds.

Started working on Castle Von Tedistein which will replace the first dungeon. It will be a WWII inspired fort. I don't think I'll use the lost woods path in the beginning to get there.

Project Phoenix! Castle-von-tedistein

edit: Plenty of fixes remaining before I'll be happy with this one...

Project Phoenix! CASTLE_VON_TEDISTEIN_AREA

...but let's call it a day, I've done enough today! Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 5:22

Haha, cool! Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 26 Apr 2018 - 22:51

Hello Euclid, I have a question regarding the monologue move.

When Conn and Erock asked you you to change some monologues, do you have kept the rom with the new monologue changes? If so feel free to forward me a copy at my email if you can!

From what I remember I used to have an old backup rom where I would edit monologues 0-199 anytime I needed new monologue changes but being that I no longer have the last version with Conn and Erock new changes, I can only pray someone has that particular rom hidden somewhere!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 27 Apr 2018 - 10:35

When Conn and Erock asked you you to change some monologues, do you have kept the rom with the new monologue changes? If so feel free to forward me a copy at my email if you can!

I changed some monologues in this 0-199 region, and learned how to do that without asking Euclid.

I sent you the 1.28 with the 0-199 monologues are HM editable per mail.

These monolgues must be shifted back once done with updating the pointers (but you know that I think)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 27 Apr 2018 - 17:39

I sent you the 1.28 with the 0-199 monologues are HM editable per mail.
Thanks this is exactly what I needed!

I remember Euclid posted a tutorial for the monologue move a year ago:

https://www.zeldix.net/t1340-conker-asm-files-final

So like I've said in the first post, I'll try to do it myself and if there's something I don't particularly understand I'll ask for help!

Thanks! Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 27 Apr 2018 - 19:01

The monologue concept is simple, but just annoying to do because the pointers themselves are calculated when the game starts (so you stash those from memory, change the bank to the custom one and paste it in there)

Happy to help if there's any issues with it
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 27 Apr 2018 - 19:38

The hex code copy/paste is easy, I did your rom in 5 minutes. What's really disgusting is the pointer correction. I dump the ram, copy the required part and correct them all by hand... which could easily lead to mistakes taking the many pointers.
Is there any good way how you do that, Euclid (it's too late for me, but maybe for SePH's version... but I also leave that re-inserting with pointer correction happily to you Smile )
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 1 May 2018 - 12:51

Started sorting out what needs to be changed in my monologue entries :-)

Feels like a long list but isn't as bad as it looks, I'm having fun (it's all that matters).

Spoiler:

Also found a full 1.28 playthrough by qwertymodo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ4w-rEwJjc

Will be helpful to refresh my memory about the game and some monologues which I'm not sure where they are triggered.

-------------------------------------------------

New steps required to get into the 1st dungeon:
step 1:
step 2:

^^You'll no longer need to go through the lost woods in the beginning. I'm still keeping two different lost woods paths, but those will change.

Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 May 2018 - 16:23

I didn't read all (but your fantasy goldstar remains fantasy for sure Razz ).
If you need me to think about particular monologues let me know, I will start my engine then and hopefully will come up with something good.

What is missing in your game is a sort of red thread I think (sort of a story). Maybe I missed some dialogues, but I never knew why I collect triforces and rings.
That you introduced the Death now, could be made to sort of a story.... you lost berry, and he tells you that if you complete your quest you may deceive death (Harry Potter like, could be wrapped into some funny monologue) and bring her back (that is also in accordance to ending #4,#5.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 2 May 2018 - 19:24

Alright I'm to a point where I've had enough of that chair!

Project Phoenix! Image46 Project Phoenix! Image48

It's not a 1:1 reproduction of the throne in the game, but close enough and I'm happy with it so I'll insert it just like that! Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 May 2018 - 20:46

Ah, that's the bed you wake up at the start?
Awesome! Very Happy

Thanks completely forgot about the endings, but its probably a good idea to start tying them to the game while I'm changing monologues since I doubt I'll ever edit endings ever ever again!
Just one little brainstorm about that monologue...:

Name: Berry, is it you? God, damned I'm drunk. No you don't look like my sweet Berry. You don't even look cute... actually you look weird, mate. Don't use so much drugs. Who the @#! are you?
Gregg: I am Gregg, the grim Reaper. I've been waiting for you.
Name: *Gosh, I need more beer to stand those fags.
Gregg: Yes, drink more... you need it! Then jump before a train to erase your loss. I've been waiting so long already. Do it! Do it now!
Name: burp *sound (I used it at the Koka Kola fountain)*. Mate, whatever you take, that stuff must be good for real. Give me something from that! No... give me Berry. Do you hear me? I want Berry back!
Gregg: There is only one way to cheat me, the death... but only one in one billion souls managed this. Last one who tried was a nasty spotty nerd with a flash scar who desperately wanted his mom back.
Name: Did he manage?
Gregg: Of course not. Hell, I can tell ya a flop of a wizzard.! He didn't even have the power of the 21 Rings  of Power and the 3 Triforce fragements to make the death alive...
@#! I told you too much! Hey, didn't you want something to ease your pain? I have all you need in a happy little overdose so you see Berry much faster: Angel Dust, Koke, Ice, Shore... everything your heart desires.
Name: Ah, no thanks. I know Tingle, he got the world's best stuff. Your stuff ain't good, you look like the death, mate. I'll go find the Rings and the Triforce... and Berry... my heart desires only Berry! Berry, I love you!
Gregg: Noooooooooooooooo!

Quite long and only to get you to ideas to a funny monologue here Wink

Edit: Brainstorm 2
What do you think to about turning Ganon into giant Gregg, so you defeat the death at the end?
The b/w palette is already there and the bats could be turned into scythes?

Last edited by Conn on Wed 2 May 2018 - 21:04; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 2 May 2018 - 21:04

Ah, that's the bed you wake up at the start?

no, here's where the throne room will be located!:

Thanks for that monologue! I'll change a couple of things in it since Conker already met Gregg in the past game so it wouldnt made sense for him to introduce himself twice and also Berry is spelled ''Berri'' in bad fur day (hopefully I spelled that right in the endings lol), otherwise much awesome!

Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 3 May 2018 - 6:20

Thanks for that monologue! I'll change a couple of things in it since Conker already met Gregg in the past game so it wouldnt made sense for him to introduce himself twice
I'm not sure whether you should introduce him again, not many people played Conker...
Like:
Gregg: Don't you remember me? We met often in your last quest, since you failed so many times. It's me, Gregg, your fellow grim reaper...
I've been waiting for you!
Name: *Gosh, I need more beer to stand those fags.

Is there a pic of Cthulpoo? Or do you have to think about a possible look yourself taking Cthulpoo conker
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 3 May 2018 - 17:02

Thanks that new monologue will fit just perfect!

Is there a pic of Cthulpoo?

Found some concept fan art on deviantart which I could inspire from:

https://drsketchdoodles.deviantart.com/art/Conker-s-Other-Bad-Day-concept-art-688820858

https://drsketchdoodles.deviantart.com/art/Conker-s-Other-Bad-Day-691881048

Otherwise if we look for a Cthulhu monster, it looks like:

https://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/321826675

So how I'll change Ganon into a giant pile of poo with tentacles will be a mystery! I'll keep that task till last and finish up my current to do list which I'll make a separate thread, in case I forget things. Thanks!

Edit: Actually I think I could probably be able to edit Trinexx or Bowser to look like that...but dunno if I'd change them...so many changing plans, I need to stop with those :-P

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 3 May 2018 - 22:01

If you wanna start with a goldstar, go to hex address 274C8 and change the 00 into 02. Here's the rest of the items, dunno how accurate it is... but its pretty useful when editing this game. have fun!
I actually decoded a complete starting SRAM a while back (as a part of the ROM).

Code:
STARTING SRM HACKING
IE: BE ABLE TO START THE GAME WITH ANY INVENTORY ITEMS, ADOPTED HEALTH, MAGIC ETC

NOTE: THESE VALUES ARE FOR A ONE TIME START= IE ONE TIME GAME START,
AFTERWARDS THE THING GOES TO RAM AND THEN TO SRAM

1.) 274C6= BOW
00= no bow (default),
01= bow with no arrows,
02= bow with arrows, but only if defined in 49.)
03= bow with silver arrows

2.) 274C7= boomerang
00= no boomerang (default)
01= blue boomerang
02= red boomerang

3.) 274C8= hookshot
00= no hookshot (default)
01= start with hookshot

4.) 274C9= bombs
current amount of bombs which Link holds
00= 00 bombs (default)
0A= 10 bombs
0F= 15 bombs
10= 16 bombs
14= 20 bombs
1E= 30 bombs
32= 50 bombs
50= 80 bombs
63= 99 bombs

5.) 274CA= mushroom/powder
00= nothing (default)
01= mushroom
02= powder
------------------------------------------

second line of inventory:
6.) 274CB= fire rod
00= no
01= yes

7.) 274CC= ice rod
00= no
01= yes

8.) 274CD= bombos (fire) medallion
00= no
01= yes

9.) 274CE= ether (ice) medallion
00= no
01= yes

10.) 274CF= quake (earth) medallion
00= no
01= yes

third line of inventory:
11.) 274D0= lamp
00= no
01= yes

12.) 274D1= hammer
00= no
01= yes

13.) 274D2= shovel/flute/ocarina
00= nothing
01= shovel
02= flute, but no bird
03= flute and can call bird

14.) 274D3= net
00= no
01= yes

15.) 274D4= book of Mudora
00= no
01= yes

4th line in the inventory:
16.) 274D5= Bottle global byte
00= no bottles yet
01= bottles acquired

this will work only in combo with 29.) 30.) 31.) 32.)
so set this to 01 and fill bottles in steps 29-32

17.) 274D6= Cane of Somaria
00= no
01= yes

18.) 274D7= Cane of Byrna
00= no
01= yes

19.) 274D8= Cape
00= no
01= yes

20.) 274D9= Mirror
00= nothing
01= letter (beta thing, not in ALTTP)
02= mirror

21.) 274DA= glove
00= no glove
01= silver glove
02= golden glove (ie titan's mitt)

22.) 274DB= pegasus shoes
00= no
01= yes

but will Not work without step 52.)
so put this to 01, then see step 52

23.) 274DC= Flippers
00= no
01= yes

24.) 274DD= Moonpearl
00= no
01= yes

25.) 274DE= empty/nothing

26.) 274DF= sword*
but does Not work, requires Uncle or custom code/ASM (see previous global section)

27.) 274E0= shield*
but does Not work, requires Uncle or custom code/ASM (see previous global section)

28.) 274E1= suit/armor
00= green armor
01= blue armor
02= red armor

29.) 274E2= bottle-1 (actual content)
00= no bottle
01= nothing/bugged value (do not choose this!)
02= empty bottle
03= red potion
04= green potion
05= blue potion
06= fairy
07= bee
08= good bee

30.) 274E3= bottle-2 (actual content)
same as bottle-1

31.) 274E4= bottle-3 (actual content)
same as bottle-1

32.) 274E5= bottle-4 (actual content)
same as bottle-1

33.) 274E6 to 274E9= number of rupees which Link is currently holding
2 bytes in hex, which must be repeated:
FF 00 FF 00= 255 rupees
64 00 64 00= 100 rupees
F4 01 F4 01= 500 rupees
E7 03 E7 03= 999 rupees
value are in hex, reversed, E7 03= 03E7= 3E7 in hex is 999 in dec

34.) 274EA and 274EB= compasses (indoors) for all dungeons
00 00 = nothing found
FF FF = found all
recomended is Not to change this, leave it at 00 00

35.) 274EC and 274ED= big keys (indoors) for all dungeons
00 00 = nothing found
FF FF = found all

36.) 274EE and 274EF= maps (indoors) for all dungeons
00 00 = nothing found
FF FF = found all

37.) 274F0= number of rupees in the pond
(enter new value in hex, reversed - aka little endian)

38.) 274F1= the number of current heart pieces,
1, 2, 3, 4 also in hex

39.) 274F2= health (hearts)= max possible, ie: how many heart containers
to start the game with (default is 3 hearts= 18 in hex)

08= start with 1 heart
(note: adviced is to then remove the beeping sound)=
point 8.) of first global section
(note: you also need to adopt the value of health after defeat=
point 30.) of first global section

10= start with 2 hearts
(note: you also need to adopt the value of health after defeat=
point 30.) of first global section

18= start with  3 hearts (default)
20= start with  4 hearts
28= start with  5 hearts
30= start with  6 hearts
38= start with  7 hearts
40= start with  8 hearts
48= start with  9 hearts
50= start with 10 hearts
58= start with 11 hearts
60= start with 12 hearts
68= start with 13 hearts
70= start with 14 hearts
78= start with 15 hearts
80= start with 16 hearts
88= start with 17 hearts
90= start with 18 hearts
98= start with 19 hearts
A0= start with 20 hearts

40.) 274F3= actual health= ie how much of the max possible health is actually full
or in other words in 274F3 you define the number of heart container, here you
define how many of them are actually full

same values as before:
08=  1 heart is full
10=  2 hearts are full
18=  3 hearts are full
20=  4 hearts are full
28=  5 hearts are full
30=  6 hearts are full
38=  7 hearts are full
40=  8 hearts are full
48=  9 hearts are full
50= 10 hearts are full
58= 11 hearts are full
60= 12 hearts are full
68= 13 hearts are full
70= 14 hearts are full
78= 15 hearts are full
80= 16 hearts are full
88= 17 hearts are full
90= 18 hearts are full
98= 19 hearts are full
A0= 20 hearts are full

Note: the amount of full hearts is equal or lower than the max hearts,
ie: you can not have 10 hearts full, if you max health is set to a value bellow 10
Note: To start with full health: match both values: at 274F2 and at 274F3.
But this is valid only for a one time start= ie game start.

41.) 274F4= green magic
00= 0 out of 8
10= 1 out of 8
20= 2 out of 8= quarter
30= 3 out of 8
40= 4 out of 8= half
50= 5 out of 8
60= 6 out of 8= 3 quarters
70= 7 out of 8
80= 8 out of 8= full green magic

42.) 274F5= small keys in a current dungeon
this must be left 00, since it will not work for custom start of the game

43.) 274F6= max bomb upgrade
00= no upgrade= can carry 10 bomb as max
01= can carry 15 bombs as max
02= can carry 20 bombs as max
03= can carry 25 bombs as max
04= can carry 30 bombs as max
05= can carry 35 bombs as max
06= can carry 40 bombs as max
07= can carry 50 bombs as max (max in ALTTP)

08= can carry 48 bombs as max (not in ALTTP) not a round number (not recomended)
09= can carry 53 bombs as max (not in ALTTP) not a round number (not recomended)
0A= can carry 64 bombs as max (not in ALTTP) not a round number (not recomended)
0B= can carry 69 bombs as max (not in ALTTP) not a round number (not recomended)
0C= can carry 80 bombs as max (not in ALTTP) round number
0D= can carry 85 bombs as max (not in ALTTP) semi round number
0E= can carry 96 bombs as max (not in ALTTP) not a round number (not recomended)
0F= can carry 112 bombs as max (can not display, since 2 digit counter) (not recomended)

44.) 274F7= max arrow upgrade
00= no upgrade= can carry 30 arrows as max
01= can carry 35 arrows as max
02= can carry 40 arrows as max
03= can carry 45 arrows as max
04= can carry 50 arrows as max
05= can carry 55 arrows as max
06= can carry 60 arrows as max
07= can carry 70 arrows as max (max in ALTTP)

08= bug
09= bug
0A= can carry 9 arrows as max
further values give mixed and uneven numbers or a bug

45.) 274F8= increase heart energy after start=
obsolete because of 40.)

46.) 274F9= increase green magic after start=
obsolete because of 41.)

47.) 274FA= PENDANTS (works with combo with Event)
note: event is edited only with custom code

in the inventory:
......red......
..blue...green.

order in the game:
green (1st dungeon), blue (2nd dungeon), red (third dungeon)

bit vise order:
green, blue, red= 1,1,1

binary   hex     give pendants
001    = 01   =  red
010    = 02   =  blue
100    = 04   =  green
110    = 06   =  green+blue
101    = 05   =  green+red
011    = 03   =  blue+red
111    = 07   =  gree+blue+red

enter value in hex! at address 274FA, depending on which pendants you want to start with

48.) 274FB= increase bombs after start=
obsolete because of 4.)

49.) 274FC= increase arrows after start=
obsolete because of 50.)

50.) 274FD= current/actual amount of arrows=
note= must be lower or equal to the max arrow capacity
enter value in hex in little endian, aka reversed in 2 bytes

hex    dec
10=    16 arrows
46=    70 arrows
32=    50 arrows
etc

51.) 274FE= unused (nothing)

52.) 274FF= running!
F8= no running with A
FE= be able to run with shoes
works with combo with number 22.)

53.) 27500= CRYSTALS (works with combo with Event)
note: event is edited only with custom code

in the inventory:

order of crystal in the game:
1= 1st crystal= dark palace
2= 2nd crystal= swamp palace
3= 3rd crystal= skull woods
4= 4th crystal= thieves town
5= 5th crystal= ice palace
6= 6th crystal= misey mire
7= 7th crystal= turtle rock

order of crystals in the binary:
3, 4, 2, 7, 5, 1, 6

binary   hex  crystal
0000000  00   no crystal given
0000001  01   give crystal 6
0000010  02   give crystal 1
0000100  04   give crystal 5
0001000  08   give crystal 7
0010000  10   give crystal 2
0100000  20   give crystal 4
1000000  40   give crystal 3

now you can give any combo of crystals

for instance: goal is "give crystals 3 and 7"

binary order is
3, 4, 2, 7, 5, 1, 6

so give 1 for crstal you want and 0 for the one you don't want,
3 and 7 means
1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0
1001000 in bin is 48 in hex, so value 48 at 27500 will give crystals 3 and 7
etc

all crystals=
1111111 in bin, is 7F in hex

54.) 27501= green magic upgrade by the bat:
00= no upgrade  = have 1x amount of green magic,   thus items drain default amount
01= bat upgrade = have 2x amount of green magic,   thus items drain half amount
02= Not in ALTTP= have 4x amount of green magic,   thus items drain quarted amount
03= Not in ALTTP= have 1/2x amount of green magic, thus items drain double amount

example:
00= on full green energy you can shoot with Fire rod  8x before green magic is gone
01= on full green energy you can shoot with Fire rod 16x before green magic is gone
02= on full green energy you can shoot with Fire rod 32x before green magic is gone
03= on full green energy you can shoot with Fire rod  4x before green magic is gone

02 value is Not in ALTTP (suitable for easy quests)
03 value is Not in ALTTP (suitable for Master quests)
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Project Phoenix! Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 4 May 2018 - 0:17

Thanks this will surely come in handy as it's well documented as usual!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 4 May 2018 - 2:31

I'm not sure about the goldstar/hookshot thing. It's a powerful weapon (L2 sword) and the circular swing gives you a 360° protection. The normal hookshot can only stun enemies. Yes, hookshot is faster, but there are not so many occasions usually to use it, so imo the few frames more are bearable.

But yeah Erock... if people like to find something that they don't want to like they find something what they don't like Very Happy
I had to make it the hookshot ability since your item slots are limited, otherwise you'd had to renounce on another item. In my all-in I made the best out of the menu I could do to replace items (like the net becoming the feather and bottles can catch stuff).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 9 May 2018 - 14:07

Project Phoenix! Image2

Might go with Euclid idea after all and make the Triforce Shrine just one big dungeon without exterior excursions, I'll just have to link fourteen rooms together.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 9 May 2018 - 14:19

Might go with Euclid idea after all and make the Triforce Shrine just one big dungeon without exterior excursions, I'll just have to link fourteen rooms together.
From experience I can tell you that if a dungeon has only one entrance, it's the most easy to do and to orient. Dungeons with many entrances are a lot more complex to make.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Project Phoenix! Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next