SD2SNES now supports Super FX games!

Zeldix :: General :: News

Go down

SD2SNES now supports Super FX games! Empty SD2SNES now supports Super FX games!

Post by Erockbrox Thu 19 Jul 2018 - 17:20

Someone finally took the time to implement this.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

SD2SNES now supports Super FX games! Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

SD2SNES now supports Super FX games! Empty Re: SD2SNES now supports Super FX games!

Post by Polargames Fri 20 Jul 2018 - 1:04

Erockbrox wrote:Someone finally took the time to implement this.

Sweet Very Happy
Polargames
Polargames

SD2SNES now supports Super FX games! Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

SD2SNES now supports Super FX games! Empty Re: SD2SNES now supports Super FX games!

Post by Relikk Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 18:47

Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:09

Relikk wrote:SA-1 beta released.

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8045.0

So does this mean better support for star fox and Kirby?
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:34

https://sd2snes.de/blog/compatibility

This means all SA-1 games are soon supported. This is like SFX another chip and following games were not playable:

SA-1 games:

Daisenryaku Expert WWII: War in Europe
Derby Jockey 2
Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension
Habu Meijin no Omoshiro Shogi
Itoi Shigesato no Bass Tsuri No. 1
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius
J.League ’96 Dream Stadium
Jumpin’ Derby
Kakinoki Shogi
Kirby’s Dream Land 3
Kirby Super Star
Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima
Masters New: Haruka Naru Augusta 3
Mini 4WD Shining Scorpion Let’s & Go!!
Pebble Beach no Hotou: New Tournament Edition
PGA European Tour
PGA Tour ’96
Power Rangers Zeo: Battle Racers
SD F-1 Grand Prix
SD Gundam G NEXT
Shin Shogi Club
Shogi Saikyou
Shogi Saikyou 2
Super Bomberman Panic Bomber World
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Robot Taisen Gaiden: Maso Kishin – The Lord Of Elemental

So yes, Kurby is on that list Very Happy
Conn
Conn

SD2SNES now supports Super FX games! Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 22:00

Conn wrote:https://sd2snes.de/blog/compatibility

This means all SA-1 games are soon supported. This is like SFX another chip and following games were not playable:

SA-1 games:

Daisenryaku Expert WWII: War in Europe
   Derby Jockey 2
   Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension
   Habu Meijin no Omoshiro Shogi
   Itoi Shigesato no Bass Tsuri No. 1
   Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius
   J.League ’96 Dream Stadium
   Jumpin’ Derby
   Kakinoki Shogi
   Kirby’s Dream Land 3
   Kirby Super Star
   Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima
   Masters New: Haruka Naru Augusta 3
   Mini 4WD Shining Scorpion Let’s & Go!!
   Pebble Beach no Hotou: New Tournament Edition
   PGA European Tour
   PGA Tour ’96
   Power Rangers Zeo: Battle Racers
   SD F-1 Grand Prix
   SD Gundam G NEXT
   Shin Shogi Club
   Shogi Saikyou
   Shogi Saikyou 2
   Super Bomberman Panic Bomber World
   Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
   Super Robot Taisen Gaiden: Maso Kishin – The Lord Of Elemental

So yes, Kurby is on that list Very Happy

Awesome :-D, I really hope that the all of these games do well with the beta. I have heard that SA-1 is like FX chip, Its been a pain for a while for snes emulators. Does the sd2snes have this issue being on the hardware side? Also in your opinion do you think the firmware for MSU1 support on sd2snes should get a update to it? The reason I had asked because with some post about people haveing issues with said games, I did not know if that would fix the issue?
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 4:23

SD2SNES has never been able to play SA-1 because it had no SA-1 FPGA core, until now. Each special chip has to have it's own core, and when one of those special chip games is loaded, the core is loaded into the FPGA and then interprets the ROM as a normal cart would so it can be playable. So, along with SuperFX, this is massive as SD2SNES owners haven't been able to play those games for many years. I think the cart was released in 2012 and I got mine in one of the first batches (I have a Rev. E1, most early revisions manufactured are Rev. F), so that's six years without the ability to play those games. They would just black screen if you tried.

MSU1 with SA-1 depends on whether the code for both can fit alongside each other in the FPGA core. I hope they can. Super Mario RPG with an orchestral soundtrack sounds appealing. And Parodius, of course.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 12:22

Relikk wrote:SD2SNES has never been able to play SA-1 because it had no SA-1 FPGA core, until now. Each special chip has to have it's own core, and when one of those special chip games is loaded, the core is loaded into the FPGA and then interprets the ROM as a normal cart would so it can be playable. So, along with SuperFX, this is massive as SD2SNES owners haven't been able to play those games for many years. I think the cart was released in 2012 and I got mine in one of the first batches (I have a Rev. E1, most early revisions manufactured are Rev. F), so that's six years without the ability to play those games. They would just black screen if you tried.

MSU1 with SA-1 depends on whether the code for both can fit alongside each other in the FPGA core. I hope they can. Super Mario RPG with an orchestral soundtrack sounds appealing. And Parodius, of course.

I did not know that at all about sd2snes. I do not own one at all so I do not know that it did not have the core. I had thought that it did but the software was giveing them a hard time working out so they took a break from it. Thats cool that you have one of the first runs of the cart and not be able to play a favorite game of yours that would have the SA-1 for 6 years, Man that would suck for sure. I really how so as well for SA-1 and MSU1 can work side by side because it would make it a whole lot better for you and everyone else that owns a sd2snes and for MSU1 makeing. From the posts that I have read from other people on here about some of the games not working right or unseen errors, It makes one wounder if a much need rewrite or up date in the code to better support MSU1 on sd2snes side. I also would like to play mario RPG with orchestral soundtrack that sounds awesome :-).
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 12:49

@Polar Well RedGuy is always surprising us. Let us wait and see. My bet is he will find a way to pull it off.

pev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 16:43

pepillopev wrote:@Polar Well RedGuy is always surprising us. Let us wait and see. My bet is he will find a way to pull it off.

That is what I was thinking, With the huge fanbase for the sd2snes I would not be supprised if or when that the sd2snes will out do the snes system. That would be cool :-)
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 27 Nov 2018 - 18:15

http://retrorgb.com/sd2snes-gets-s-dd1-special-chip-support.html

S-DD1 now (unofficially) supported. Star Ocean and Street Fighter Alpha 2 are finally playable in their original, unaltered form.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 14:23

@Relikk, I saw a u tube video on it, Pretty cool I think. Now S-DD1 means more sprites it can hold in the game. Was this one of the biggest SF games for SNES? and would it make this a HI Rom?
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 17:14

32Mbit HiROM, the same as Super SF2 and SF2 Turbo.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 18:39

Relikk wrote:32Mbit HiROM, the same as Super SF2 and SF2 Turbo.

Sweet, Thank you very much Relikk for letting me know that. Smile
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down