DKC2 sd2snes bugs (no opening title sound)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DKC2 sd2snes bugs (no opening title sound) - Page 2 Empty Re: DKC2 sd2snes bugs (no opening title sound)

Post by Highblade7777 on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 13:28

Don't know if it matters because Lufia 2 says the same thing but when snes9x runs the rom it says bad check sum at the beginning in yellow text.  It does play with the enhanced audio though.
Attachments
DKC2 sd2snes bugs (no opening title sound) - Page 2 Attachment
Capture6.PNG You don't have permission to download attachments.(49 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Highblade7777
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2018-01-18

Back to top Go down

DKC2 sd2snes bugs (no opening title sound) - Page 2 Empty Re: DKC2 sd2snes bugs (no opening title sound)

Post by pepillopev on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 13:31

@Highblade7777 Bad checksum occurs when ever a ROM is patched. Some hackers, myself included, forget or don't bother to rebuild the checksum. This error can also occur when a ROM size is increased (say from 1MB to 2MB ROM). If this annoys, then the checksum would just need to be rebuilt (using some tools from RomHacking.net, don't recall the name, used only a few times when resizing ROMs). It won't hurt anything, as far as I know.

Also, out of curiosity, are your original non-patched ROMs non-header? Most of our Zeldix patches require non-header ROMs.

UPDATE: It was Checksum Recalculator (now I remember, lol). Here is the link:
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/499/. This tool will recalculate and update the checksum for the modified ROM. This will remove the bad checksum error after you patch a ROM with a trusted IPS file.

pepillopev

DKC2 sd2snes bugs (no opening title sound) - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Highblade7777 on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 13:52

Absolutely no header, sfc rather than smc in fact. In my experience if you mess that up the rom won't even boot up.

Highblade7777
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 13:57

@Highblade7777 Just asking due to your "bad checksum" curiosity, as this could produce bad checksum as well. So most likely Lufia2 MSU-1 had significant changes compare to the non-patched version. It is optional to recalculate the checksums anyway. As far as I know, snes9x or sd2snes will still run the game regardless (given the IPS patch is good and the intended ROM was used).

pepillopev

Back to top Go down

Post by Highblade7777 on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 14:24

so how is the SDD-1 firmware treating you? Is it a beta release after 1.9 like SA-1 was for a while?

Highblade7777
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 14:36

@Highblade7777 I was using 1.8.0 with SDD-1 to test my Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 2 MSU-1 patch back in December and never bothered to upgrade to 1.9.0 when it released. Now, I just upgraded to 1.9.0 to help you out with DKC2 issue.

Honestly, I think now that my sd2snes is updated to 1.9.0 without SDD-1, I will just wait for an official release. It is only two games I can live without.

pepillopev

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 20:10

@Highblade, I am sorry for cutting in on your post between Pepillopev and you, I just wanted to post this link from the sd2snes website on doing a diagnostic test on your sd2snes cart. I do not know if that will fix the issue, but I do not think it would hurt to try it. Here is the link https://sd2snes.de/blog/cool-stuff/sd2snes-diagnostics

Again sorry for cutting in. Just wanted to help. Have a great day
Polargames
Polargames

DKC2 sd2snes bugs (no opening title sound) - Page 2 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum