Zelda3 Parallel Worlds and Remodel v1-2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zelda3 Parallel Worlds and Remodel v1-2

Post by renkoha on Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 11:20

hi man thanks for responding i haven't checked this place so i found your answer today, i tried your fix and it worked thus i was able to obtain the cane of somaria but in the mean time i tried to get the big chest key via game genie codes and none of those worked, however normal big key and tablets codes worked fine so i don't know if that is a bug as well, also i have seen some parts where there are some square sections of overworld maps that are bugged cause they seen like bad allocated pieces if you know what i mean, i haven't come across any blocking my path so far but they made some areas look odd, and reggarding x button well i found out what it does but i have an alternative way to do that on any emulator so i don't think is worth not having maps on dungeons with its current use

renkoha
Newcomer

Since : 2017-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo on Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 11:31

Try cheats for maps and compasses. One of them is the second big key and the other is the secret tablets, I don't remember which is which. The overworld tiles are a known bug, and I'm working on fixing them for 1.3. Dungeon maps were impossible to edit for a very long time, and were only somewhat recently figured out, so that's why there are no maps in this game which was released 10 years ago.
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 12:10

and reggarding x button well i found out what it does but i have an alternative way to do that on any emulator so i don't think is worth not having maps on dungeons with its current use
Maps are not happening in any of the PW series. You see, you actually need to make a map. Simply having the X button "free" will not do. And the way the game is coded and locked for editing, its really not happening. You can not even make a map in the "unlocked" regular Rom that easily. So when you build custom dungeons, the hackers usually don't bother to make any maps (as you can solve any dungeon without having maps).
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 14:02

I tried to get the big chest key via game genie codes and none of those worked, however normal big key and tablets codes worked fine so i don't know if that is a bug as well
It is never a bug in a game, if you are using cheats. Cheating means that you mess with the RAM (since you are overwriting it with something else), this can result in game paradoxes and bugs. The game is never designed to be played with cheats, specially not the cheats for compass, big key and map, since these items are repeating for each dungeon. However using the "give compass in current dungeon" cheat, should give you the big chest key, then uppon save the RAM will go to SRAM and thus the cheat is no longer needed, but like said, using cheats is not recomended (at least not if you don't want game paradoxes and bugs).

For instance the cheat for "give level-2 sword" will surely mess up the sword gfx, and the cheat for "fast walking" will surely bug the game out when going into any overworld entrance, since you are too fast and end up in the wall (and can't move). Same for "dash across pits" cheat/glitch abuse, which will make you glide across pits and reach certain parts of the game too early and mess up the planed game-play.
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum