Dracula X Chronicles PSP Pack (by PepilloPeV):
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/x0osrvdvfmev74mz9dp6lxf0wd349kuj

PCM Pack (by Kurrono, fixed by edale) v2.0:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/PZpyDJyB#aAcxIxL0osiT0bvh_Nlm4xJn1hWUHf9kwrN2Qb3vync

-  Track Map  -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11grLuqK5AMtD0G08-Yb7DrBQipxv3JfN9hH2VyU0lJg

* Note: To play the Japanese version (Akumajou Dracula XX), copy the PCM's of the PCM Pack of your choice to a folder. Alongside the batch file you will find in the patch file for the Japanese version, called "cdx2adx.bat".
Run cdx2adx.bat to automatically rename your PCM files to the correct new track number and the correct name: adx-msu1-x.pcm (where X is the track number).

Make sure your msu patched Akumajou ROM matches the same naming scheme (adx-msu1.sfc)!

Last edited by pepillopev on Wed 30 Jan 2019 - 23:41; edited 47 times in total
pev

Castlevania - Dracula X - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Castlevania - Dracula X :: Comments

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 19:24 by pev

@Conn So far playing through ADX, the stage clear needs to be set to loop. Still playing through the game. Should be done in about 30 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 20:15 by pev

@Conn Game is remapped for Jap version. Everything highlighted in yellow just need to be set to non-loop in your loop table (no brainer as defaults are usually set to loop by us). Anyway, I'm done.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 20:34 by pev

@Everyone If you want to play the Japanese version instead, do the following:

#1 Copy your preferred PCM pack including the batch file into any folder. Not your original DraculaX (USA) msu folder!.

#2 Run the cdx2adx.bat file to rename the DraculaX (USA) pcms to its Akumajou DraculaX (JAP) equivalents. Do not run this batch file in your DraculaX (USA) folder!

#3 Copy the newly renamed Akumajou PCMs to your recently patched Akumajou Dracula X folder. Make sure your patched ROM, MSU file, and PCMs are following the same naming scheme!

The download link to the batch file is posted at the top (highlighted in RED). Much luck!

Back to top Go down

Rockslam

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 21:35 by Rockslam

Conn, you are genius, congratulations.

*sorry haha

Last edited by Rockslam on Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 22:55; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 22:23 by kurrono

What..Coon? Thats sounds like Cocoon..hehe its Conn heheh..omg dont get the boss mad

Back to top Go down

Rockslam

Post Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 22:55 by Rockslam

kurrono and pepillopev too, very thanks too

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 6:58 by Conn

Conn, you are genius, congratulations.
I forward this compliment to Pev, the batch file is a genuine idea Wink
I corrected the loop values, and uploaded a new patch file (find it in the first post). I also included the cdx2adx.bat inside and described in the readme how to convert the pcm names into the new format.

(Pev, in your track list DF needs to be yellowed as well, almost forgot this therefore, luckily I double checked)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 7:09 by Conn

I re-checked, there is something still not congruent in the theme list,
in cdx, we also have set $23 and $29 to non-loop (Stage 5' [Picture of the Ghost Ship], Stage 4 [Cemetery]). (or is this a bug in CDX?)

Corresponding adx is CF and D5. I also set them to non-loop now (patch link in first post is the same).

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 10:08 by pev

@Conn That could just be an error on my part when creating the theme list. I will check it out later in the evening. Currently traveling (at the moment).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 10:27 by Conn

I guess a small error on your part. If it was loop people would have complained in the meanwhile Very Happy

Both CDX and ADX have 11 tracks set to non-loop.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 10:30 by pev

@Conn I’ll make the necessary corrections on next opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 10:56 by pev

@Conn $23 is fine as looping (music keeps playing on map stage screen). $29 works well loop or non-loop (just an explosion FX). The original SPC has multiple explosions when boss dies. The other two items mentioned are stages so they are loop (ghost picture and cemetery).

This game denotes alternate stage paths as Stage 5 (one route) and Stage 5’ (alternate route). Two different stages with different tunes.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 11:21 by pev

@Conn Made some adjustments to both track lists. For FX sounds, (Orb Jingle and Explosión), those work out well in loop or noLoop with the accompanied PCMs. Overall, there are 10 noLoop tracks on both lists.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 11:22 by Conn

So... is it ok to leave $23,$29 (respectively $Cf,$D5) to non-loop or is it mandatory to change anything? If it needs to be changed, CDX needs to be changed by you, since the patch is on your server...

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 11:30 by pev

@Conn If you mean $23 & $29s equivalent for Akumajou’s $DB & $DF (map and boss explosion fx). Then follow the edited theme list.

The tracks $CF and $D5 you mentioned are stages so they loop.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 11:49 by Conn

CDX, non-loop (ASM):
01, 03, 05, 07, 1b, 23, 27, 29, fb, fd, ff

I'll correct both CDX and ADX, and send you the new CDX patch asap per mail Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 12:15 by Conn

I couldn't attached the new corrected patch to a mail (Reason: virus/suspect content found), so I short-handed uploaded it to my bszelda server - also replaced link in first post:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/cdx-msu1_v1.6.zip
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/adx-msu1_patch.zip

Nobody noticed the wrong loop values since 27 isn't used and 29 was the map theme

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 8:18 by PittStone

I have tested the 1.6 patch with three Cores. I have no Music in the Game.

Last edited by PittStone on Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 8:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 8:22 by pev

@PittStone Make sure you have your patched ROM, MSU file, and PCMs named exactly the same. Remember, the “-“ versus “_”.

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 8:24 by PittStone

pepillopev wrote:@PittStone Make sure you have your patched ROM, MSU file, and PCMs named exactly the same. Remember, the “-“ versus “_”.

Problem Solved. I patched it again now Works. Thanks. Wink

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 8:32 by PittStone

But the Game freezing after push hit button twice with "bsnes_performance_libretro.dll" Core. It Works with "bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll" or "snes9x.dll"

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 8:40 by pev

@PittStone I used Conn’s patch during testing with bSnes++ (June 2018 version) without issue. I have not yet fully tested Snes9x. If the game works fine in regular Snes9x (not the RetroArch libretto core version), then the issue is at RetroArch core side. RetroArch Snes9x core is difficult to fix since it has no built in debugger. The same goes for Bsnes libretto core (it is a very old build as far as I know).

Not much changed codewise in the patch (it was just a direct patch port). Unfortunately, out of town at the moment to test further.

Hopefully, Conn can provide a reasonable solution, time permitting.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 5 Oct 2018 - 5:31 by Conn

If it works in sd2snes (most real hardware similarity), then the bug is probably in the performance core you use.
Is it mandatory you use this performance core, or can't you just use one of the two others?

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Fri 5 Oct 2018 - 13:57 by PittStone

Conn wrote:If it works in sd2snes (most real hardware similarity), then the bug is probably in the performance core you use.
Is it mandatory you use this performance core, or can't you just use one of the two others?

"bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll" works fine for me in Retroarch on Windows!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 5 Oct 2018 - 15:09 by Conn

Then it's a bug in performance core, I won't be able to fix. Contact the author if you need to have it fixed (and cannot use the libretto instead).

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next