Help for marriage proposal

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Help for marriage proposal - Page 5 Empty Re: Help for marriage proposal

Post by SePH Wed 26 May 2021 - 9:56

Everything's done on my part! Have fun and happy marriage!!

Help for marriage proposal - Page 5 Image18
(Family reunion portrait)

Two versions:

34A= Link Green clothes but a few sprites are affected by this, see in game...
34B= Link Blue clothes, no other sprites affected.

Use the one you want!

*swiftly goes back into retirement mode*
Attachments
Help for marriage proposal - Page 5 Attachment
yese34A.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(374 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
yese34B.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(374 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

SePH

Help for marriage proposal - Page 5 Image213

Since : 2020-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 26 May 2021 - 12:11

@edale:
Bernardo is track 180 Smile

Well, instead of green chicken I would prefer blue link and thus 34b, but this is just me Confused

Edit:
@SePH, I made a sprite palette swap. I used your 34b and made Link green using a swap of the palette in this sprite only. Playtest needed Very Happy

I'd have a small easter egg maybe. I found it a bit sad that the fortune teller house is blocked. Maybe open it and let him say (without msu, we already have problems finding voice actors): Hocus Pokus, I see a wonderful fortune for you if you say yes.
Unfortunately it must be another sprite with his appearance, since the real FT demands rupees (which you don't have, and has multiple sentences). Also Edale needs a pcm then for his house.
Also some villagers would be nice... but these are all just ideas. This project shouldn't be a task for a lifetime.-
Conn
Conn

Help for marriage proposal - Page 5 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 26 May 2021 - 14:08

Found a weird song bug @Conn:

Bug starts at 1:18.
So when you enter that specific house, the music changes to track 23, and exiting the house changes the song to track 7. Track 7 will continue all the way to the church if you don't reset the music to track 3 by entering and exiting the starting house.

I'm tempted to say to fix it by just having Seph edit out the door for that house, or make it impossible to get to the door by placing stones, like he did with many of the other houses.

Also:
Help for marriage proposal - Page 5 Unknown
When you've talked to link, then backtrack with him to the village. Entering about 1/2 the houses cause this color shift, the other 1/2 leave him with Conn's palate-swapped Link sprite.

This is the first time I've actually tried bringing Link back to the village, so I'm not sure if this is new or not.

This is while testing with Conn's v26 patch.

Also, small nitpick; but I just noticed that when you enter the Triforce chamber, Link vanishes. Is it possible to add him standing off to the side while Zelda talks to the Triforce?

edale

Help for marriage proposal - Page 5 Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 26 May 2021 - 14:47

I fixed the music restart in that house (v37 attached).

Seph, can you fix the palette of Link in those houses (I think there are 3 where the wrong palette is selected)?
Help for marriage proposal - Page 5 Image421
I can see where the wrong palette is (red circled), but I do not know where what to fix, so the correct palette is chosen

Also, small nitpick; but I just noticed that when you enter the Triforce chamber, Link vanishes. Is it possible to add him standing off to the side while Zelda talks to the Triforce?
Not from the coding side Woot!!
Maybe Seph can draw him into the bg?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 26 May 2021 - 16:10

OK, music issue fixed.

I'll make a new progress video sometime in the next few hours... ZzzZzz...

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 26 May 2021 - 22:00

And the progress update:

Bernardo at 3:20.

Updated PCM set:
https://mega.nz/file/KZAnlShK#EL8mzORjPUOPm6JwvRBYP53PMjWRM7Iq_a-SOq587wU

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by titanz91 Wed 26 May 2021 - 22:58

This is freakin' sweet man Very Happy! Actually brought tears to my eyes. I hope ya live long and prosper together with your lady!
titanz91
titanz91
Newcomer

Since : 2020-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 27 May 2021 - 2:46

Just a small summary for SePH:

- is it possible to place some villagers and possibly open the Fortune Teller hut as easter egg? The FT should be another sprite which doesn't demand money and only tells a sentence, like: "Hokus Pokus... I see that this day is the day of your destiny!"

Some Villagers maybe, saying small sentences like "Hi Yese, you look pretty", just to give more life to the village

- change the palette in some houses (I count 3) so Link is still green - see post above

- place Link here maybe as static drawn bg sprite (in case this is possible):
Help for marriage proposal - Page 5 Image253
Rejected due to Oskar wish to leave him away from this screen.

That's it from my side as suggestions. Otherwise, all looks pretty perfect. King is still missing, but I am sure this is resolved soon.

@edale: Since there is an obvious cut (after talking to Bernardo), I am not sure whether it is better to leave the bg music mute when there's a dubbed sentence? Also, those dubbed themes are set to no-loop... if you leave the bg music maybe it is better to make them loop and you loop to after the speech (since it will end at one point until A is pressed to leave the textbox)? Dunno here...

Last edited by Conn on Thu 27 May 2021 - 3:26; edited 2 times in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Thu 27 May 2021 - 3:13

I must say that the game in its current state looks great. I am very grateful to all of you. It really is a wonderful job. I'm close to solving the King voice thing, I hope to get something useful tomorrow.

P.S: I personally prefer that Link is not in the triforce scene. I would like to keep that scene as if the game only speaks to Yese. (Of course, I am open to other opinions. Maybe you are considering something that I am not).

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2021-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Thu 27 May 2021 - 3:15

titanz91 wrote:This is freakin' sweet man Very Happy! Actually brought tears to my eyes. I hope ya live long and prosper together with your lady!

It has happened to me in every version these guys have uploaded. They have managed to perfectly convey in the game what I wrote when opening the thread. They have given a unique touch to this.

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 27 May 2021 - 4:59

Conn wrote:@edale: Since there is an obvious cut (after talking to Bernardo), I am not sure whether it is better to leave the bg music mute when there's a dubbed sentence? Also, those dubbed themes are set to no-loop... if you leave the bg music maybe it is better to make them loop and you loop to after the speech (since it will end at one point until A is pressed to leave the textbox)? Dunno here...
ATM, after each spoken bit I've left 30ish seconds of music, to give plenty of time for the advance button to be hit before the audio stops. I figure if it's left on one of the text screens without being advanced long enough for the music to stop, then the music stopping it a good indicator they have to do something, lol.

I see and hear each of the speeches in-game without BG music several times while editing them for timing. Trust me when I say the experience as a whole is MUCH better with the BG music present.

I can really only think of two ways to take care of that cut after Bernardo's speech:
-You coding resume into things; so when Bernardo's speech finishes, it resumes where the audio cut out, rather than starting over.
-Setting it up to play a different track after Bernardo's speech. This would just be a duplicate of track 16, but starting where the BG audio from Bernardo's speech ends.

Option 2 is probably easier to code.
Conn wrote:is it possible to place some villagers and possibly open the Fortune Teller hut as easter egg? The FT should be another sprite which doesn't demand money and only tells a sentence, like: "Hokus Pokus... I see that this day is the day of your destiny!"

Some Villagers maybe, saying small sentences like "Hi Yese, you look pretty", just to give more life to the village
A quick cheat for this: replace the soldiers guarding the path to the church with villagers. At least assuming you can keep the shared messages between them while using different sprites.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 27 May 2021 - 7:08

ATM, after each spoken bit I've left 30ish seconds of music, to give plenty of time for the advance button to be hit before the audio stops. I figure if it's left on one of the text screens without being advanced long enough for the music to stop, then the music stopping it a good indicator they have to do something, lol.
Ok, we keep it no-loop.

I can really only think of two ways to take care of that cut after Bernardo's speech:
-You coding resume into things; so when Bernardo's speech finishes, it resumes where the audio cut out, rather than starting over.
I made a resume after the speech of the previous track. See if it is better. Otherwwise we keep v37

I think the guards are ok and don't need adjustments, but since you are able to go into houses, one or the other sprite there would be nice, as well as on the streets - the village looks a bit empty for a village - but this is just my opinion.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 27 May 2021 - 16:56

It's not perfect, but it's much better not having the track restart after Bernardo's speech.

It's resuming after ALL the speeches now though, Link's and the King's included.

It'll probably be a good thing for the King's speech, but it's actually better for the audio to start over after Link's speech.

When I said that all the audio tracks had an extra 30 seconds, there's actually one exception. The last segment of Link's speech actually lined up so the full unlooped track ends about 6 seconds after Link's last line. So when Link's last line is delivered, the song itself concludes as well, making it starting over from the beginning sound perfectly natural.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 28 May 2021 - 2:24

ok, here's v39, after Link spoke it won't resume. We cannot make it perfect...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Fri 28 May 2021 - 3:13

Perfection; always to be strived towards, never to be achieved.

But yea, in a perfect world we'd be able to just cut the volume of the BGM 50%, and start playing the dialog on top of that. Alas, MSU only allows one audio stream at a time; so we need to work within the restraints of the medium to minimize any jaring effects from the transitions.

Everything looks good with v39. Now we're waiting to see if Oscar finds a VA for the King (or if I need to pull a hail mary to find one last minute), and if SePH's gonna make your suggested changes (which I assume will be followed by you editing the music change in the fortune teller's house out).

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 28 May 2021 - 4:01

which I assume will be followed by you editing the music change in the fortune teller's house out
I could do that, but what is wrong having a distinct track in his house (ALBW if all fails unless Oscar has a suggestion)?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 28 May 2021 - 10:24

I dig around in old AST files for the FT. Unfortunately, there's not much to use... But we could make the FT say only: Hokus...Pokus... oh! Splendid, without revealing anything more Very Happy
(Like a joke, go on find out yourself)
Attachments
ft.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(224 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Fri 28 May 2021 - 14:46

edale wrote:Everything looks good with v39. Now we're waiting to see if Oscar finds a VA for the King (or if I need to pull a hail mary to find one last minute).

I have a potential option. Tonight I will know if it works or not. However, if you want to try and find another VA for the King, go ahead.

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH Sat 29 May 2021 - 4:04

I honestly have no more freetime to do barely any requests for a while (started packing out, moving to a new place in two weeks), so will fix those palettes and do the FT, but nothing else after that! No idea when I have time yet, working all weekend and monday, 12hours shift, plus today I work an extra 4 hours overtime (so a 16hours days), so barely any time to do anything beside eating/shower go to sleep, go to work, rinse and repeat times four.

Embarassed

Anyhow I feel the project is complete enough already, but with each new page adding a new request, I don't see the end in sight. Thanks.

SePH

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH Sat 29 May 2021 - 4:23

Help for marriage proposal - Page 5 20210529-041927

P.S. Send a PM to Erockbrox on this forum as a last resort if you can't find a VA for the king.

SePH

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 29 May 2021 - 4:33

I honestly have no more freetime to do barely any requests for a while (started packing out, moving to a new place in two weeks), so will fix those palettes and do the FT, but nothing else after that! No idea when I have time yet, working all weekend and monday, 12hours shift, plus today I work an extra 4 hours overtime (so a 16hours days), so barely any time to do anything beside eating/shower go to sleep, go to work, rinse and repeat times four.
Lay back, I did it for you Wink

Ok, I took hand of HM myself

- I fixed the palette with Link backtracing
- I opened Fortune teller and gave him theme 242, take Onay's record from above, edale Wink
- I added 3 villagers, 1 on the street, 2 in houses.

I think this is the final version now (unless I did grammar mistakes Wink )?

Here's a short test of all stuff. Unfortunately you can skip the textboxes with A away and cut the speech off. I'll check, but for now, I'd say, simply don't do it (see time 2:57 in below video, I could skip "What is going on" and 3:36: "north rooms").
Edit: it's not possible to avoid the skip from the asm side, the textboxes can be skipped as soon the last character appeared. So ~if~ you want to fix it (which isn't needed imo since you naturally listen to the end before touching a button), you'd need to align the pcm so it is finished with the last letter appearing in the textbox.

Fortune Teller needs a bit aligned with the text. It is spc fallback, maybe it is better at this place, edale? So the spc will continue playing while msu is covering it.
https://streamable.com/u20tg1
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 29 May 2021 - 15:17

Erm... @Conn:

With your v43 patch on a clean ROM.

Exiting Link's house:
Help for marriage proposal - Page 5 Unknown

I think you may have made the v43 patch by pointing at an already patched copy, rather than a clean ROM.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 29 May 2021 - 15:40

It was my fault. I used my original version in HM to check the villagers sprites. I must have changed something, saved and used it as base rom.

Sorry
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 29 May 2021 - 15:44

OK, v44's working!

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 29 May 2021 - 15:56

Grammar corrections!

Oskar is waiting for you
at the Church Yese.
Don't let him
wait.
Haha!

Yese, Oscar is waiting for
you at the Church.
Don't let him wait.
Haha!
(alternately: "Don't let him... wait. Haha!")

Pretty sure his name is "Oscar" not "Oskar".

When I am older I want
to marry a girl who
is just as beautiful like you!

When I'm older, I want
to marry a girl just
as beautiful as you!

And bug:
After Fortune teller speech, SPC music fades out. Talking to Fortune Teller again will restart the SPC.

edale

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum