Help for marriage proposal

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Help for marriage proposal - Page 6 Empty Re: Help for marriage proposal

Post by Conn Sat 29 May 2021 - 16:36

I corrected the grammar...

I think it's too "botchy" with the msu stuff... can you add pcm rack 23 alike you did the dog? Then it won't fade out.
If it is too difficult for you I'll try to fix it from the MSU side, but it's already quite complex Sad
Conn
Conn

Help for marriage proposal - Page 6 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 29 May 2021 - 17:06

Conn wrote:If it is too difficult for you
Is that a challenge? It sounds like a challenge.
Help for marriage proposal - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxH3zSSNE8_RTs9mpIfh7DTP3x9zxZ08EYesf9jcHJmnzuAosYjOtdki4ao381Gzks5AQ&usqp=CAU

edale

Help for marriage proposal - Page 6 Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 29 May 2021 - 18:27

Haha, less a challenge, just a figuring out, from which side we overcome this problem best Wink

Otherwise, I concur with seph that we are done (except king speech). There can always be things to add but I think Oscar can't wait for his proposal longer as well.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 29 May 2021 - 20:34

Progress update:

Fortune Teller at 2:00.

Updated PCMs:
https://mega.nz/file/2cYR3aaZ#AkFOhyHs0s5GrQR0Gz3OIlST-HukYkdPXQI4H6qtOwE

I'll probably look for a different version of the song from the fortune teller's house (that one's from ALBW), unless Oscar has a suggestion for what to use there?

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 30 May 2021 - 2:23

Looks perfect to me. Now only king is missing and it's gonna be Oscar's (or Yese's?) great day!
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Sun 30 May 2021 - 2:29

Hi, sadly I was unsuccessful in getting the voice of the king. I have tried to do it myself using voice modifiers, but the result is really bad. I have tried with some friends and family but unfortunately the bad pronunciation makes the end result degrade the quality of the work that you have done. Also, I tried to find voice actors in different forums as well as contacting TheRetromancer. However, I have not received a response so far.

I have seen SePH's suggestion today and will contact Erockbrox as my last attempt to find a voice for the King. However, I have evaluated the game and I must say that I agree with SePH that the result is very good (remarkable actually), and I believe that it is in a good condition to be used. So, this is my suggestion:

1. The King pronounces his script in mute with the song Castle - You'll Be in My Heart - Tarzan [Piano Tutorial] (Synthesia) in the background (As in the Tri Force scene). I think it's not that bad. We already have our favorite songs in the game, our two voices are there, and the voice of his beloved dog too. Therefore, the lack of voice for the king will not be so important. We can generate a version of the game with the current state (adding background music when the King speaks).

2. If Erockbrox responds to me soon indicating that he can help me with this project, I will let you know. And we could generate the final version of the game with the voice of the King.

Either way, the project has a very good level of detail and quality. It has been a lot of fun going into the houses and reading what each character says. The world now has much more life and gives it a special touch.

edale wrote:I'll probably look for a different version of the song from the fortune teller's house (that one's from ALBW), unless Oscar has a suggestion for what to use there?

Not really, if you have any song in mind, go ahead. (Thanks!!!)

Last edited by ohskr27 on Sun 30 May 2021 - 2:32; edited 1 time in total

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2021-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sun 30 May 2021 - 2:29

Conn wrote:and it's gonna be Oscar's (or Yese's?) great day!

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sun 30 May 2021 - 2:42

This good for Fortune Teller's house, Oscar?

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Sun 30 May 2021 - 3:23

edale wrote:This good for Fortune Teller's house, Oscar?

I like it, it's very good.

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sun 30 May 2021 - 4:02

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 30 May 2021 - 7:31

Nice Smile
I sent theRetromancer a mail, let's cross fingers. I am sure we get the speech soon (either theRetromancer, Erock, or maybe I can ask also Smash if both decline).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Tue 1 Jun 2021 - 17:58

Well, I haven't received a reply so far. I think we should take this alternative:

ohskr27 wrote:1. The King pronounces his script in mute with the song Castle - You'll Be in My Heart - Tarzan [Piano Tutorial] (Synthesia) in the background (As in the Tri Force scene). I think it's not that bad. We already have our favorite songs in the game, our two voices are there, and the voice of his beloved dog too. Therefore, the lack of voice for the king will not be so important. We can generate a version of the game with the current state (adding background music when the King speaks).

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Tue 1 Jun 2021 - 23:40

Conn, want to make a patch with the song change for the King removed, so the normal background music continues uninterrupted?

Just in case we don't get a VA in time.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 1:41

Well, it's a pitty. But here's v46 with skipping king's voice as msu. If somebody helps you out with the king, use v.45 from above, if not use v46 Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 3:14

edale wrote:

Edale, do you have the PCM file for this? Thanks

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 7:26

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 11:41

I may have a VA...

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 12:03

Let us listen to it Wink
Smash declined, theretromancer didn't come back at me... Also no sign from erock. So this might be the last chance for v45, edale
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 12:06

Hmmm... needed to type up a script, and spotted a grammar correction or three:
---
Welcome Yese, Oscar wanted me to tell you the origins story about the Claddagh Ring.

"the origin story of the"
---
The Claddagh ring has its origin 300 years ago in an old fishing village in Claddagh, just outside Galway City, on the west coast of Ireland, where it was first manufactured and designed in the 17th century.

The Claddagh ring has its origins in an old fishing village in Claddagh, just outside Galway City on the west coast of Ireland, where it was first manufactured and designed in the 17th century.
---
I've unfortunately forgot the rest of the story...

forgot -> forgotten
---
Conn, want to load v45 up in hyrule magic and edit those lines?

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 12:34

Suggestion:

edale wrote:Hmmm... needed to type up a script, and spotted a grammar correction or three:
---
"Welcome Yese, Oscar wanted me to tell you the origins story about the Claddagh Ring.

"Welcome Yese, Oscar wanted me to tell you the origins story about the Claddagh Ring."

"Welcome Yese, Oscar has brought you here so that I can tell you what I once revealed to him. I will tell you the origin story of the Claddagh Ring."

P.S: "Yese" pronuntiation, The following link to google translator shows how to pronounce the name "Yese" in english (Her real name is Yesenia, but we call her Yese. Therefore, only the "Yese" part should be pronounced and not "nia"):

(Use the English pronuntiation, not the spanish)
https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&sl=en&tl=es&text=Yese&op=translate

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 14:06

ohskr27 wrote:Suggestion:

"Welcome Yese, Oscar wanted me to tell you the origins story about the Claddagh Ring."

"Welcome Yese, Oscar has brought you here so that I can tell you what I once revealed to him. I will tell you the origin story of the Claddagh Ring."

P.S: "Yese" pronuntiation, The following link to google translator shows how to pronounce the name "Yese" in english (Her real name is Yesenia, but we call her Yese. Therefore, only the "Yese" part should be pronounced and not "nia"):

(Use the English pronuntiation, not the spanish)
https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&sl=en&tl=es&text=Yese&op=translate
That pronunciation link's actually quite helpful. Funnily enough, we were discussing how to pronounce it almost to the minute when you posted that, lol. Very Happy

We'd actually kinda settled on "Jesse" like the beginning of "Jessica" after listening to you pronounce it in your clip a few times, so like I said, helpful. Embarassed

Amended the script and sent the VA the new copy. Thankfully he hadn't started recording yet.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 14:18

Script, as sent to the VA:
Welcome Yese, Oscar has brought you here so that I can tell you what I once revealed to him.

I will tell you the origin story of the Claddagh Ring.

But first, no need for this history book, I have memorized it all...

[vaporizes book]

The Claddagh ring has its origins in an old fishing village in Claddagh, just outside Galway City on the west coast of Ireland, where it was first manufactured and designed in the 17th century.

Legend has it that a Galway man named Richard Joyce emigrated to the East Indies to seek his fortune and marry his beloved upon his return.

However, the ship was captured and Joyce was sold as a slave to a Muslim goldsmith from Algeria, where he learned this trade.

When King Willian III ascended the throne, he petitioned the Muslims to release all the prisoners in his kingdom.

As a result, Richard Joyce was released after 14 years in captivity.

The Muslim goldsmith had acquired such respect for Richard that he temped him by offering him half his fortune and his daughter in marriage if he stayed with him.

However, Joyce resigned and returned home to marry his beloved.

During all that time, Joyce did not forget his girlfriend, and designed a ring as a symbol of his love for her.

I've unfortunately forgotten the rest of the story...

Maybe I should have kept that history book...

The essence of the Triforce can probably tell you the rest!

1:20 - 2:04
The guy voicing Jaco.
That's the guy who's doing it.
He's primarily the editor for the series, but occasionally voices one of the minor roles.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 17:14

edale wrote:Script, as sent to the VA:
Welcome Yese, Oscar has brought you here so that I can tell you what I once revealed to him.

I will tell you the origin story of the Claddagh Ring.

But first, no need for this history book, I have memorized it all...

[vaporizes book]

Legend has it that a Galway man named Richard Joyce emigrated to the East Indies to seek his fortune and marry his beloved upon his return.

However, the ship was captured and Joyce was sold as a slave to a Muslim goldsmith from Algeria, where he learned this trade.

When King Willian III ascended the throne, he petitioned the Muslims to release all the prisoners in his kingdom.

As a result, Richard Joyce was released after 14 years in captivity.

The Muslim goldsmith had acquired such respect for Richard that he temped him by offering him half his fortune and his daughter in marriage if he stayed with him.

However, Joyce resigned and returned home to marry his beloved.

During all that time, Joyce did not forget his girlfriend, and designed a ring as a symbol of his love for her.

I've unfortunately forgotten the rest of the story...

Maybe I should have kept that history book...

The essence of the Triforce can probably tell you the rest!

1:20 - 2:04
The guy voicing Jaco.
That's the guy who's doing it.
He's primarily the editor for the series, but occasionally voices one of the minor roles.

Sounds great!!!

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 17:34

Obviously he's not using the same voice as Jaco, too high pitched, lol. Very Happy

I now have the voice recording, so I just need the in-game text updated and I can get everything timed out and converted.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 19:09

OK, that was FAR more annoying than I thought it would be, but I grabbed Hyrule Magic, and edited the script myself. (went through like 30 revisions to get everything scrolling properly, lol)

So Conn, no need to make those script updates anymore, I took care of it.

I'm gonna do some quick playtesting, to make sure I didn't accidently break anything, then I'll start working on the audio.

I'll post the updated patch along with the updated PCM pack once I'm done with everything.

Fair warning, I'm taking a few hours before I start working on the audio, I need a break after those ROM edits... Confused

edale

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum