Help for marriage proposal

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Help for marriage proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for marriage proposal

Post by SePH Wed 19 May 2021 - 5:32

@ohskr27: Glad to be of assistance. It's the first time I help an outsider with his marriage! I did help organize other family members with theres in the past, but it never involved romhacking, so again very original idea of yours! That's one good way to please the one you love. Good luck with the rest! ;-)

@edale: Yah, the music reloading bugs are annoying, but since it's supposed to be played once, I left them in since I don't think she will backtrack along the way. They could probably have been fixed by applying the custom music patch by Conn he made all the way back in 2013, but haven't tried. The king disapearring after the first encounter is normal Alttp behavior. That's actually just the chatty Agahnim sprite that makes Zelda disappear before his first fight. Although it may be possible to make him reappear with the killboss again header setting, but haven't tried. A good possible way to fix this would be to wipe the saved game, once you beat the game, so all events restart!

SePH

Help for marriage proposal - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2020-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Wed 19 May 2021 - 16:53

edale wrote:
ohskr27 wrote:So basically I can input my own audio and even voice the texts? That sounds great. If you and Edale can help me with this, I would greatly improve the proposal. I have some ideas about the music to play but I need to review a bit and I will come back to you with the idea. But in general I imagine this: One song for outworld, another for church (the wedding melody is perfect here) and some other for the tri-force scene. Is it possible to do that? Implement three songs?

Regarding the voice, I don't know if it is a good idea. Although my pronunciation in English is good, it is not perfect.

I have an additional question, and maybe this is not so easy to achieve, but I just want to know. I'm going to run the game on my PC with an emulator. Is it possible that when you reach the end of the last scene, you will be asked to press a button on the control (button A for example) and write a command through one of the USB ports? I have already done this before from a C / C ++ program and I write on the serial port of the PC that has a bluetooth module connected to it. The command I write is as simple as the letter "E" for example. The bluetooh device is paired to a HC-05 module (another bluetooth module) that can read the ASCII code of the letter E and use it as input for a microcontroller. After that, the rest is a piece of cake. If you can make pressing the A button on the game controller write the letter E on one of the USB ports, I can do everything else. Writing the letter E is really just send the ASCII code.

Thanks for your willingnes to help me. I did not expect to find so many people willing to help me.
Right now, I believe these are the different songs in the mod:

Title screen/name entry
Overworld
Church
Castle
Triforce
Credits

With 1 additional songs playing if you return to the starting house immediately after exiting it at the start of the game, and another if you return into the tunnel after entering the castle courtyard. (both of these I believe are bugs, but minor enough to not actually need fixing)

So that's 6 distinct tracks. Very Happy

Personally, if you were going to use the traditional 'bridal march' wedding song (first song on this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqLK0Ys0VAg ), then I'd use it for the credits (after the actual proposal).

For the castle (since that's where part 1 of the Claddagh speech happens), I'd use something like 'Ave Maria'. And I'd use 'Eine Kleine Nachtmusik' for the Church (both songs also on that playlist).

But yea, I can convert any song into a PCM for the mod, including any audio you record yourself. So pick whatever music you feel most appropriate.

---

Creating a command in-game to trigger a command over USB isn't really something that can be done easily, as it would require recoding portions of snes9x itself to make work... And I don't think anyone here has the skills for THAT. Embarassed  You could always just set the box to open from a remote signal, and just have you hit the button to pop the box open at the appropriate time.

------

Oh, and slight maybe bug? If you beat the mod, then load the save again, you start back up right before joining link in the church, but it skips the king's speech about the Claddagh ring, and lets you walk straight into the triforce section.

Thanks for clarifying how it works. I'm looking for the songs to send to you and I will follow Conn's recommendation to record my voice and send you the file as well. Yes, imagine that it was difficult to implement direct communication to hardware. Maybe a program running in the background or as you said a device I can control.

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2021-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Wed 19 May 2021 - 17:02

Conn wrote:You can make any music into pcm... since SePH already put in the auto speed, I'd suggest you record the voice timed. Means you play until the credits and read the lines in a mic when they appear and send it to edale - he can merge it with the bg music and would do much easier than copy/paste each line in the exact position.

It's not possible to send a command out of the emulated game into the computer (lol, that would also give some great opportunities to stuff some viruses inside a snes rom Wink )
I think you sit next to her when she is playing... maybe you can tinker on a remote control and secretly hit a switch so it opens when she's at the desired place?

Great ideas!!! I will record my voice to send the file

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 19 May 2021 - 17:20

OK, if we're going with a voiced section, then a few tweaks to the mod are needed:

When the king starts speaking, a song change needs to go in pointing to a track not used elsewhere in the mod, with a return to the normal music after the speech ends. giving a second or so after the song change before the king's speech text starts will make lining things up easier.

Shouldn't need any such song changes to the triforce section, but we'll see when I get the audio and start converting everything.

And ohskr27, if the text is scrolling too fast for you to keep up on reading, let us know and we'll see about getting the speed slowed down a bit.

Also, try to record the audio in a room with as little background noise as possible. The less I need to clean up the audio, the better it will sound. I can take care of things like adding background music and such while converting things, the most important part is for the spoken dialog to be clearly understandable.

edale

Help for marriage proposal - Page 2 Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 20 May 2021 - 3:34

When the king starts speaking, a song change needs to go in pointing to a track not used elsewhere in the mod, with a return to the normal music after the speech ends. giving a second or so after the song change before the king's speech text starts will make lining things up easier.
Oh I would leave him text only and make only the triforce chamber voiced? It's tricky to make the track change (not impossible though). And whom would you give the king's voice, do you want to record it yourself? It cannot be Oscar.

Nice work SePH Very Happy

Conn
Conn

Help for marriage proposal - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 20 May 2021 - 10:15

Couldn't a song change just be added to the event code that starts and ends the king's speech in Hyrule Magic (I'll admit to no real knowledge of the program, SePH would likely know)?

I was thinking Oscar was going to voice both sections; but yea, I can see the logic in him only voicing the Triforce section.

And no, my voice doesn't sound anything close to 'kingly' (I'd be more suited to voicing a guard Very Happy ), so I'd be a bad pick to voice that section, lol. I do know a number of voice actors though, so I probably could get someone to record it if needed... Don 't really think it's needed for this though.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 20 May 2021 - 14:27

The king's speech is not autoadvance. If it should get MSU:ed with an own track I'd think I manage, ...but as you say, we don't have a voice actor yet, and if Oscar is both king and himself is maybe weird.
So if a king voice actor is found I'll try to hack this if wished (+seph adjusts this message to auto proceed), but for now I'd say triforce chamber is good enough to be voiced Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH Thu 20 May 2021 - 14:54

I'd suggest Erock taking the part of the King, I'm sure he could make a nice king voice lol.

I'm down for any required last minute changes if needed.

SePH

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 20 May 2021 - 16:24

Hmmm.... We're forgetting something... When Link greets Zelda in the church.

That part would definitely count as Oscar talking directly to Yese...

So maybe Oscar voicing Link's part in the Church, someone else voicing the King, and a 3rd person as the Triforce (hmmm... male or female voice.. decisions...)... With Oscar jumping in to voice the last "It's dangerous to go alone, so let's go together" line?

And as I've said, I can very likely get voice actors (professional ones no less!) with no problems.

We'll have to wait for Oscar to chime in on how he'd like things.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 20 May 2021 - 16:53

I'm sure there's no need to get overambitious and dub every dialogue. As said, I'm open to *try* whether I get the king done (if the resources are there like voice actor and Oscars wish for that), but that's it... triforce chamber is good enough already imo. Dubbing every single dialogue gets way too complex, and it would become embarrassing if the game freezes due to a bug in a critical moment.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 20 May 2021 - 17:28

Conn wrote:I'm sure there's no need to get overambitious and dub every dialogue. As said, I'm open to *try* whether I get the king done (if the resources are there like voice actor and Oscars wish for that), but that's it... triforce chamber is good enough already imo. Dubbing every single dialogue gets way too complex, and it would become embarrassing if the game freezes due to a bug in a critical moment.
SePH already said he'd take care of any needed coding adjustments. And the "complexity" is just setting the 2 dialogs to autoscroll, and changing the music track; both of which I believe are simple in Hyrule Magic. And I'm fine running the gamut for bug testing.

Oscar's decision and word are all we're waiting on to see whether we need to make those coding changes and find the voice actors

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Thu 20 May 2021 - 18:00

edale wrote:Hmmm.... We're forgetting something... When Link greets Zelda in the church.

That part would definitely count as Oscar talking directly to Yese...

So maybe Oscar voicing Link's part in the Church, someone else voicing the King, and a 3rd person as the Triforce (hmmm... male or female voice.. decisions...)... With Oscar jumping in to voice the last "It's dangerous to go alone, so let's go together" line?

And as I've said, I can very likely get voice actors (professional ones no less!) with no problems.

We'll have to wait for Oscar to chime in on how he'd like things.

I like this idea. I think some dialogs in the Tri Force scenes need to be change:

"The heart symbolizes love; hands are friendship; and the crown represents loyalty and fidelity. This is why I have chosen this symbol to ask you the long-awaited question. The chest in front of you opens by joining the two halves of the Claddagh Ring. Look inside this game to find the missing half."

Should be replaced by:

"The heart symbolizes love; hands are friendship; and the crown represents loyalty and fidelity. The chest in front of you opens by joining the two halves of the Claddagh Ring. Complete Claddagh's ring and the long-awaited question will be revealed."

This is the sound track I have planned, I am downloading the songs to attach them.

Overworld - Marcos Vidal - Uña y carne (1997 version)
Church - Deux Arabesques
Castle - Serenade in E Major for Strings
Triforce - (I like the default one so we can keep it)
Credits - Steven Curtis Chapman: Echoes Of Eden

I love the idea of recording Link's voice. However, it would be great if someone else recorded the voice of the triforce. If anyone can help me with the voice of the king, it would be even better. If it is too complicated, I can record Link's voice and we can leave the voice of the king and the triforce in mute.

Thanks!!

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 20 May 2021 - 18:34

Alright then... Seph, can you put Oscar greeting yese in church as well as king speech to autoadvance?
I'll try if I can get these dialogues into two distinct MSU tracks then
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Fri 21 May 2021 - 3:46

I have downloaded the songs and the final soundtrack is this:

Overworld - Marcos Vidal - Nail and flesh (1997 version)
Church - Deux Arabesques
Castle - You'll Be in My Heart - Tarzan [Piano Tutorial] (Synthesia)
Credits - Steven Curtis Chapman Echoes Of Eden

If you need any extra song let me know, and I will look for it. Also, I have recorded 6 versions of my voice saying the dialogues so you can choose. I've done my best on pronunciation. However, I acknowledge that I have errors. Let me know if you need me to record any fragments again. Any suggestion is welcome.

I've been thinking about voices, and I think the tri-force scene is better left voiceless, I think it's more epic that way.

Finally, could you give me your email to send the files?

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 21 May 2021 - 4:02

As I feared, it is complex.
@Seph, please make monologue
28, 36, 37 (Link speaking) 317, 318 (King Speaking) to autoadvance (speed02 or whatever)

@Edale
These are 5 tracks
pcm 28: oscar, why did you bring...
pcm 36: I want you to know that what...
pcm 37: Welcome Yese, Sorry to interrupt
(pcm 37 plays before 36)

king speech:
pcm 61: Welcome Yes, Oscar wanted...
pcm 62: The Claddagh Ring has its origin...

I'll post the patch as soon tested.

Edit: I think we should renounce on track 28, since it is Yese asking

Edit2:
Ok, here's the adjusted msu patch, apply after SePH's patch (wait maybe for his next version where he puts the speech to autoadvance)
Attachments
Help for marriage proposal - Page 2 Attachment
yese_msu.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Fri 21 May 2021 - 9:26

ohskr27 wrote:Finally, could you give me your email to send the files?
My email is:
edale1 [@] gmail [dot] com

Or you could upload them to mega.nz or google drive and post the link.

ohskr27 wrote:I've been thinking about voices, and I think the tri-force scene is better left voiceless, I think it's more epic that way.
So you'll voice Link, I should still be looking for someone to voice the king's part, and we'll leave the Triforce section as text only?

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Fri 21 May 2021 - 17:30

edale wrote:
ohskr27 wrote:Finally, could you give me your email to send the files?
My email is:
edale1 [@] gmail [dot] com

Or you could upload them to mega.nz or google drive and post the link.

I have sent you an email with the files. Let me know if you received it. If not, I will post the google drive link here.

edale wrote:
ohskr27 wrote:I've been thinking about voices, and I think the tri-force scene is better left voiceless, I think it's more epic that way.
So you'll voice Link, I should still be looking for someone to voice the king's part, and we'll leave the Triforce section as text only?

That's right, thanks.

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Fri 21 May 2021 - 17:31

Is it possible to place an image (.jpg or similar) as a background in the credits?

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Fri 21 May 2021 - 19:34

ohskr27 wrote:I have sent you an email with the files. Let me know if you received it. If not, I will post the google drive link here.
I have the files.

One problem with your recordings though... Even with my volume absolutely maxed out, I can't actually hear what you're saying in any of them.

You need to either speak closer to the mic, or adjust your mic's gain so it records things louder.

I can't even call this a waveform:
Help for marriage proposal - Page 2 Unknown
No amount of amplification can get that audible, and attempts would only result in severe distortion.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH Fri 21 May 2021 - 22:12

Receive this pm, but will respond here since it relies on Conn expertise.

ohskr27 wrote: Very Happy  Very Happy  yeah, I just had to walk to the right. I bet she knows. Thanks for helping. I wanted to bother you with one last detail. You tell me if it is too complicated to implement.

At the beginning of the game the title of the game appears:

Help for marriage proposal - Page 2 The_le10[/url]

It has a very nice animation where a sword appears and falls and crosses the letter Z including the metallic sound. That title screen is perfect and I would like to keep it as is. However, Is it possible to add the same animation at the end of the game (right after Zelda (Yese) takes the triforce) but with the following image?

Help for marriage proposal - Page 2 Captur12[/url]

(This image was made by me using the font of the zelda game in Microsoft Word  Very Happy )

If the animation cannot be added, is it possible to just insert the image as the background at the end of the game after the scene of Zelda with the triforce? I would like it to go to the end because I don't want her to suspect anything when she starts to play. I know she knows the game, but she played it a long time ago and I know she doesn't remember all the details so she won't suspect anything until she gets to church.

It does not have to be the same image made by me in Microsoft Word, the same font from the game can be used. The main idea is that the text says The Legend of Yese A Link To The Future instead of the original title at the end of the game.

Yes it is possible, there is a patch to add static screens after the triforce, but I would need a modified asm patch by Conn, so that it loads no matter what the conditions and then restore the music track I deleted (since jumping straight to credits you'd hear 3 seconds of the epilogue music track otherwise).

https://www.zeldix.net/t392-custom-ending-screens

It would be a static screen, so no animation, but the end results would be equally amazing, for I know just how I'd do it to have the exact same font as the titlescreen.

I can also change the triforce monologue you want to have edited, no problem here.

To make the text Conn wants to be set to autoadvance is really simple, you simply need to change the [Waitkey] tags in the dialogues into [Wait 02], so theres a 2 seconds delay before the next line of dialog.

Only problem with those dialogues is that even if you set them to autoscroll, you still need to press a button to make them disapear, unless you can use asm to make them disapear when they are read completely, so then it switches to music only to prevent the voiceovers to be heard again.

Next suggestion would be to wipe the savegame upon reaching the credits, to fully restart all events if you restart the game. This would also allow me to jump straight from the titlescreen to in game, skipping the character selection screen.

I can do all edits in two days since I do overtime at the job all weekend...and my next day of break is as far as next wednesday.

SePH

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Fri 21 May 2021 - 22:40

edale wrote:One problem with your recordings though... Even with my volume absolutely maxed out, I can't actually hear what you're saying in any of them.

You need to either speak closer to the mic, or adjust your mic's gain so it records things louder.

This is weird, I am able to listen them and indeed I use my headset in order to be as close as posible to the mic. Let me try again later and I will send you the voices, I know how to improve the gain of the audio input in the PC to have a better result.

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Fri 21 May 2021 - 22:45

SePH wrote:Yes it is possible, there is a patch to add static screens after the triforce, but I would need a modified asm patch by Conn, so that it loads no matter what the conditions and then restore the music track I deleted (since jumping straight to credits you'd hear 3 seconds of the epilogue music track otherwise).

https://www.zeldix.net/t392-custom-ending-screens

It would be a static screen, so no animation, but the end results would be equally amazing, for I know just how I'd do it to have the exact same font as the titlescreen.

I can also change the triforce monologue you want to have edited, no problem here.

Sounds good.

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 21 May 2021 - 23:39

Yes it is possible, there is a patch to add static screens after the triforce, but I would need a modified asm patch by Conn, so that it loads no matter what the conditions and then restore the music track I deleted (since jumping straight to credits you'd hear 3 seconds of the epilogue music track otherwise).
Sorry, I don't understand a word... It is triforce Shrine, happy hyrule, credits... After the credits my ASM includes a static 256*224 screen.. do you have that screen already?
What do you want to have changed here (in the ending scheme)?

Only problem with those dialogues is that even if you set them to autoscroll, you still need to press a button to make them disapear, unless you can use asm to make them disapear when they are read completely, so then it switches to music only to prevent the voiceovers to be heard again
The voice playback is set to non-loop in my patch above so it will be just silence until she hits a button and the BG music resumes. Not much a problem
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 22 May 2021 - 0:26

OK, all 4 of the tracks Oscar sent me have been converted.

@Conn, please see:
0:30 - music starts as SPC, rather than PCM
0:45 - no music when you exit the starting house the first time (re-entering/exiting the starting house causes the SPC to play)
1:12 - overworld SPC ends and PCM starts on exiting the village (PCM continues if you re-enter the village)
3:38 - exiting the church's tunnel causes the SPC to play

Also, please set track 34 (credits) to loop.

This is with the patch in this post:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2292-help-for-marriage-proposal#38300
Which already has the MSU patch applied, so I can't try with your updated MSU patch.

Converted PCMs, for testing purposes:
https://mega.nz/file/uBJhFIIa#jr9F6p2FY_aABQmh5ORBFSYZqR2W9FSKQoGX5BUnOAs

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 22 May 2021 - 3:59

There's a problem with the spc fallback at this place - I think because wake up and village use theme 3 and it is interrupted when leaving the house), simply have a zelda-3.pcm then it's gone.
Also I'd suggest having each track as msu (1 for title, 11 for menu,...). ALBW is a nice pcm set. Seems you either play with msu -and need a complete set (at least for all titles used)- or spc.

track 34 loops.

BTW: I have no idea why exiting from church tunnel plays overworld, and exiting the castle to courtyard plays lost woods music. It does the same also in spc. But this is also negligible - in the pcm version you can have the simply the same theme for overworld and lost woods.

I merged SePH's set with my msu adjustments, SePH, please advance this patch when setting the speech to autospeed. If you already started, simply apply my msu patch from above post over your work.
Attachments
Help for marriage proposal - Page 2 Attachment
yese_v25.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(357 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum